Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Okay, so it turns out Triangle Strategy is the best game ever made.

It has this character.

Spoiler

qpqjuKbQ_o.jpg

It is fully sentient, does not fit the game's low fantasy setting in the slightest and whacks people with a telescope. Its abilities all depend on what number the target's HP is a multiple of.

I love it. This is the best character in the game. Move over, Benedict. Mathbot is here.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Chapter 7's rescue mission is over with. Finished in 22 turns, after a lot of reloading. I don't feel victorious, I feel drained. Dumped Sylvis for Perceval and Marcel for Sherpa. Volo & Sherpa cleared the exit route, everyone else except Sherlock (who tried the occasional chip on the escape route) and Czene went into the fortress. Czene really should've been given a Vulnerary, because she consistently failed to finish a search house without getting hit, and always on the very last hit she needed to dodge. I needed Owen to Physic her once while he was inside the fort to heal her for the final bout. On the way out, I purchased the Bag and the Liquid Vitality from the shops. As my battery was nearly empty after hours of the RNG messing with me, I didn't have the time to check on what the two secondary missions are. 

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Sure its great early game, but accuracy shouldn't be a problem in chapters 8 and beyond, at least from my experience.

Oh, I disagree, definitely disagree. Accuracy is never going to stop mattering, that is for certain.

55 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, so it turns out Triangle Strategy is the best game ever made.

It has this character.

Hide contents

qpqjuKbQ_o.jpg

It is fully sentient, does not fit the game's low fantasy setting in the slightest and whacks people with a telescope. Its abilities all depend on what number the target's HP is a multiple of.

I love it. This is the best character in the game. Move over, Benedict. Mathbot is here.

This looks like a barrel of laughs. 

Turns out it's damn near impossible to plan around a unit who deals damage to enemies based on their HP multiple. However, the range on Decimal's abilities is absurdly high and it affects everyone in it, so you basically just check how much free damage he does every turn. Oh, and one of his abilities has a small chance to instantly kill the enemy. Just 'cause.

What a silly unit. I love it.

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Taro da!

What?

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

26-arni94.jpg

A barrel holding a telescope, to be specific.

32 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

This looks like a barrel of laughs. 

The comedy in this thread just keeps barreling down...

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

IMG_0506.jpg?width=780&height=585

let's friggin go

it's also a lot smaller than the pictures made it seem lol

fine by me, takes up less space

Have fun.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Oh wow, Garo! Now that's one I didn't expect to see.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I did everything, from fishing to monster hunting to seducing girls, etc.

except farming

xD

Still, don't sleep on the farming. Specially since it can be an easy source for crafting ingredients.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

IMG_0506.jpg?width=780&height=585

let's friggin go

it's also a lot smaller than the pictures made it seem lol

fine by me, takes up less space

Have an amazing time! ❤️

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reviews are coming in for RF5 now,

and they're looking rather... shoddy.🙁 Seems like it's all on the technical side, but it really bothers people. TBF, 4/6 prior titles were 3/DS, all going back to 2012 at the latest, and ToD, the last full 3D game, was 2011. The devs need to update their skills. Hopefully it'll sell well enough despite the criticisms to warrant a 6th numbered entry which improves graphically, design, and performance-wise.

On Metacritic (not that this matters, anyone who unironically takes Metacritic score seriously deserves no rights), it does have the lowest score out of all the Rune Factories, placing it in the mixed category with Tides of Destiny. There are quite a few 8s and 7s but then there's about as many 6s and 7s.

Reading up some reviews, any negatives are pretty much all technical (though one review i saw did put a positive spin on it, saying the way it used colors to make up for it was reminiscent of Wii-era games).

I'll be seeing for myself but it does seem like a "Sonic had a rough transition to 3D" situation....minus the glitches.

7 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I remember when the game came out on jp people complained about performance as well and were hoping the English version fixes it

Copium in me says they were waiting for it to be localized before fixing the framerate issues.

Which is why you don't spend a year localizing a game that already came out.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

qpqjuKbQ_o.jpg

Man the new Atelier sure is weird.

Anyways without further ado

FOfAtX9VQAAP-To?format=jpg&name=large

Rune Factory 5 is already better than 4 because it increased the letter limit so i could name the MC "Armagon" instead of my actual name because back then, "Armagon" was too long.