Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

43 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

why do they have things like EP cost on arts? Serious question, btw.

???????????????????????????

Why wouldn't they? That's like RPG 101.

44 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

but dont claim the game is balanced,

But i haven't. If anything, i've been saying the opposite.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Frederick:
I am laying out Princess Lissa's garments for the morrow.

Maribelle:
...That seems like something a steward might do.

Frederick:
I suppose. But I only do so if I have spare time after...killing and such.

Maribelle:
Our head steward is so old, and he's off with the gout nearly every other day. Now, we don't want to work the poor man to death—just think of the scandal! But a house can't maintain itself, and what will we do when he kicks the bucket?

Frederick:
...Your sympathy is touching.

Hahahahahah! Okay, that was fine. Thanks, Awakening. I forgive you for giving me the support I didn't want. It was funny.

Seriously, this game gains SO many points just based on the prose alone. This and Shadow Dragon. How did I bounce off of this game's text so hard the first time? It was written by 8-4! You can only get so bad with 8-4! You really can tell the difference when a game is localized by the guys responsible for Senator motherfucking Armstrong himself instead of Shithouse. I mean for fuck's sake, the Treehouse stooges probably don't even know half the words Miriel uses! Why do they keep handing these games off to that third-rate localization company instead of these masters of the craft?

...Ahh, it's probably money. I mean, if you are the guys that made the one 11th hour villain that is so amazingly written that he steals literally the entire fucking show even when he has like four scenes and a boss fight... Well, you're entitled to ask for a big sum for your services.

Aaaaanyway

https://images2.imgbox.com/87/eb/7pGguLHU_o.png

The entire map combined didn't take as much strategy as getting this to happen. And she rewarded me with the most pegasus level to have ever pegasused.

@Acacia Sgt I just wanted to say one thing to you, and please forgive me if I speak out of line: I am currently suffering and it's your fault entirely. So uh. Yeah.

Curse this woman and the one that made me use her. This is going to be awful...

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

???????????????????????????

Why wouldn't they? That's like RPG 101.

Right, but why do they decide to do that? Probably cause 100% revive on the entire party at max range is broken and they realise this? So why apply the right logic here but not everywhere else?

Hold up, though. I just realized, I didn't mean to finish paralogue 2 tonight as well. I got swept up in the riveting action of giving Sumia a level that I lost track of time and lateness.

Guys. I think I'm having fun.

It can't be. This is Awakening.

Help.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Hold up, though. I just realized, I didn't mean to finish paralogue 2 tonight as well. I got swept up in the riveting action of giving Sumia a level that I lost track of time and lateness.

Guys. I think I'm having fun.

It can't be. This is Awakening.

Help.

Ruben becoming a 3DS enjoyer

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

FPZUwFNVgAcjRDu?format=jpg&name=large

No funny pun, no clever name, just......life.

(Side-note: Dragon Kirby is absolutely busted)

Kirby has become even more hardcore than usual.

Is Kirb good? Well obviously I know it's good, but I heard there are only 12 copy abilities so I wonder if that impairs the enjoyment at all. Having upgradable abilities probably amends that to some extent.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

So supposedly Utility is not “the evil trait” but I just got a suuuper evil looking “wordsmith” called Lionel who refers to himself in the third person and joined our army just to make money. I will use him.

Just like how Slytherin supposedly isn't the evil house, but almost every character from it is evil or a jerk?

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wha-- Are you fucking serious!? Maribelle spends the entire map healing Chrom, Frederick spends the entire time fighting with Sumia, and the ones who gain a support are Frederick and Maribelle!?

This game is just determined to annoy me now...

Frederick and Maribelle require less support points than any other of their pairings. This applies to almost every other character, in fact.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Ruben becoming a 3DS enjoyer

Echoes exists.

...But it really would be nice if I could get to the end of this game and proudly bump it above Radiant Dawn. Honestly, it would make me so happy. There's a lot of game left, though.

Sumia, cooperate.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Just like how Slytherin supposedly isn't the evil house, but almost every character from it is evil or a jerk?

No, that's because J.K. Rowling is a hack

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Frederick and Maribelle require less support points than any other of their pairings. This applies to almost every other character, in fact.

Well, isn't that a hoot.

I mean, they probably have better chemistry, but I don't care. I've my pairings sorted out. She goes with Protag-kun, he goes with Useless Fucking Peggie Girl That I'm Forcing Myself Into Using In Hopes That I'll Eventually Develop Stockholm Syndrome For Her And Start Enjoying The Experience Of Using Her. Or UFPGTIFMIUIHTIEDSSFHASETEOUH for short.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...But it really would be nice if I could get to the end of this game and proudly bump it above Radiant Dawn. Honestly, it would make me so happy. There's a lot of game left, though.

isn't bump'ing it because of a fanmade balance patch kinda...eh?

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Right, but why do they decide to do that? Probably cause 100% revive on the entire party at max range is broken and they realise this? So why apply the right logic here but not everywhere else?

Max AoE revives are not a new concept. Practically every RPG has them in some form. They are also very expensive to actually use.

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Is Kirb good? Well obviously I know it's good, but I heard there are only 12 copy abilities so I wonder if that impairs the enjoyment at all. Having upgradable abilities probably amends that to some extent.

It is very good. The upgraded abilities have their own unique functions too, it's not just "stronger", so getting them feels refreshing.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

isn't bump'ing it because of a fanmade balance patch kinda...eh?

Hey, I already hold Dolphin's inability to speed up properly in my old computer against the Tellius duology. The Ruben works in mysterious ways. Which is to say, hypocritically, erratically and biasedly with a dash of arbitrariness.

Though to be honest, Awakening already should be above Radiant Dawn. Awakening was a joy to finish, for all the wrong reasons, but a joy still. I had zero fun with Radiant Dawn from part 3 onward and had to physically force myself to finish it because I didn't want to disappoint a fan of it I was sharing my impressions with. Only reason Awakening is where it is is because I am severely confused about how I feel about it. It's like getting a mancrush when you've been supposedly straight your whole life. Or viceversa, if you were a woman. Or viceversaversa if you were gay. Oh God four lines of strikethrough text, that's way too much, I should probably stop now. See what you've done now, Sumia!?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Though to be honest, Awakening already should be above Radiant Dawn. Awakening was a joy to finish, for all the wrong reasons, but a joy still. I had zero fun with Radiant Dawn from part 3 onward and had to physically force myself to finish it because I didn't want to disappoint a fan of it I was sharing my impressions with. Only reason Awakening is where it is is because I am severely confused about how I feel about it. It's like getting a mancrush when you've been supposedly straight your whole life. Or viceversa, if you were a woman. Or viceversaversa if you were gay. Oh God four lines of strikethrough text, that's way too much, I should probably stop now. See what you've done now, Sumia!?

tl;dr: you have crush on Sumia?

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Max AoE revives are not a new concept. Practically every RPG has them in some form. They are also very expensive to actually use.

Right, but why is that the case? To me that can only mean that the devs see this as "too strong" and tried to put a negative on this, which is right. 

But why not apply that logic to other things that are on that level is what i dont understand.

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

tl;dr: you have crush on Sumia?

Wha-- That's your conclusion from that whole thing!?

Just now, Sooks said:

Ruben is waiting for Sumia on him

What's that even supposed to mean?

Just now, Shrimpolaris said:

Make a cake and forcefully feed it to him

Okay, now you guys are just being silly.

Anyone that wants to play THE worst mod ever: FFT 1.3 is for you! 

Never have I seen game design done so wrong before, its hilarious! 

I know FFT isnt popular here, but if you wanna go full Masochist mode, I reccommend it highly!

Dw Tsuben, Sumia is a fine one and will make you lotsa cake.

I'm going to bully her extra hard for this.

lucky-star-thumbs-up.gif

Grrr.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

@Sooks

GLX6bnT.jpg

you

Inaccurate. Neck length should be at least three times that.

Also inaccurate meme, Moeka best

Morbius is literally shit.

16 hours ago, Benice said:

N-no, I was referring to the character in the picture I was posting. I don't know who he is, but he is beautiful.

Oh, Emperor Charles.

Oof...

*I can elaborate on this if you want, because I know you're a lot more respectful of art than I am.

Please elaborate.

That's just my take on 'im, though. I'm pretty bad at literary analysis, maybe his character is too subtle for my foolish eyes.

Maybe he's the Makarov of the game.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, I already hold Dolphin's inability to speed up properly in my old computer against the Tellius duology.

Now imagine my experience, who played the game on original hardware. Well, sort of.