Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Kaga ended up writing a better rapport between two lead guys than those leads and their female lovers?

Yes. Very very much tho.

Although Hoelyn is cool, Athol is probably the worst heroine Kaga has every written. And that includes Deirdre

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You surprised? This has been happening since the game was announced. People are insanely angry about the fact that this compilation of Star Wars films contains all of the Star Wars films.

I just think Sith Rey looks neat. Among the very limited group of sith that contains exclusively old men and men in black suits, she's pretty unique.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok the Battle of Coruscant is actually understandable since that's literally how Episode III opens. I'm actually rather surprised it's not in the game, that feels weird. 

Damn i didn't even know about that before you said it. I was looking forward to it too, Episode III's opening is the best in the entire series. Now i'm sad.

Star Wars fans when a character from their childhood returns in an older form and has undergone zero character development (they act exactly like they remember them)
cover2.jpg

Holy Emperor, what have I done!?! 

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! Oh that's great. In my run...

Reveal hidden contents

She took an arrow for Roland.

I must say, I prefer your version.

To be more specific,

Spoiler

Roland makes a charge at Avlora with his lance and she jumps in the way to protect the enemy general because… reasons. I mean there was that one side story where she effectively chose to side with Cordelia over Gustadolph, but then she takes her on a bit and dips when we peacefully blow up the bridge, so who knows?

Avlora says something about thinking we’re going to kill Cordelia (well, this is only implied), but that’s a massive leap in logic to the point where I don’t think she was being honest.

aoku nemuru mizu no hoshi ni sotto
Kuchizuke shite inochi no hi wo tomosu hito yo
Toki to iu kiniro no sazanami wa
Oozora no kuchibiru ni umareta toiki ne

kokoro ni uzumoreta yasashisa no hoshitachi ga
Honoo age yobiau……
Namima sasurau nanbasen no you ni

mou nakanaide
Ima anata wo sagashiteru hito ga iru kara
Omae ni aitai yo to

I can't stop listening to this opening🥰

I just think Sith Rey looks neat. Among the very limited group of sith that contains exclusively old men and men in black suits, she's pretty unique.

Evil women are hot

And red lightsabers are the coolest

The Dark side | Comics Amino

What happened? Did One Piece come to an anticlimatic ending after the 1000 episodes?

I don't know for sure, so I can't explain properly. But the gist of it involves retcons, discussions about chosen ones, and the fanbase seemingly accepting whatever shit Oda writes.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Star Wars fans when a character from their childhood returns in an older form and has undergone zero character development (they act exactly like they remember them)

They don't need further development. They already had it in the original.

Pizza Time Harry Osborn GIF - Pizza Time Harry Osborn Spider Man - Discover  & Share GIFs

2 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

And that includes Deirdre

Deirdre > Celica

8 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

aoku nemuru mizu no hoshi ni sotto
Kuchizuke shite inochi no hi wo tomosu hito yo
Toki to iu kiniro no sazanami wa
Oozora no kuchibiru ni umareta toiki ne

kokoro ni uzumoreta yasashisa no hoshitachi ga
Honoo age yobiau……
Namima sasurau nanbasen no you ni

mou nakanaide
Ima anata wo sagashiteru hito ga iru kara
Omae ni aitai yo to

I can't stop listening to this opening🥰

3 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

They don't need further development. They already had it in the original.

…I’d say that fans would probably be okay with further development in old characters if it made sense in the context of the films and didn’t seem to come out of left field. I think the major problem is that 20-30 years have pasted since RoTJ and FA, in which the audience of the films get barely any context about where the galaxy is at and what has changed within the new films themselves. I need a little bit more then at best a couple of minutes of exposition and a few flashbacks to convince me of major changes in  established characters. It’s sad to me that the story you can come up with in your head to flesh out the backstory of the last 20-30 years to fill in the gaps is infinitely more interesting then what you’re watching.

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Kaga's heroines peaked with Shiida

can't improve on perfection

I mean, Celica was a step up since she was a co-protagonist and not just one more character of the bunch, even if Caeda still had those recruitments to separate her a bit under her belt and make her stand out.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Not really. It's honestly what i fully expected because Star Wars fans deserve zero rights.

Most insufferable fanbase, i tell you. Nothing comes close.

As a fanbase that is so old and so large it's not surprising at all that there is a lot of toxicity.

Unlike the much smaller and much younger Fire Emblem fandom which is completely wholesome and not divided in the slightest.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Kaga ended up writing a better rapport between two lead guys than those leads and their female lovers?

Yes.

Sometime after I resume and finish Berwick I'll do that. Though VS isn't high on my priorities for the moment.

Yeah, fair enough. I don't like Vestaria as much as Berwick, anyway. Might have to give it a replay when we have a date for VS2.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ok the Battle of Coruscant is actually understandable since that's literally how Episode III opens. I'm actually rather surprised it's not in the game, that feels weird. 

Damn i didn't even know about that before you said it. I was looking forward to it too, Episode III's opening is the best in the entire series. Now i'm sad.

Fair enough. I suppose my perception is skewed by the fact that I'm no Star Wars fan. Honestly, playing through the movies is secondary. I just want to explore and find things in the world until I get bored. And murder things. That's important too.

3 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Yes. Very very much tho.

Although Hoelyn is cool, Athol is probably the worst heroine Kaga has every written. And that includes Deirdre

The funny thing is that Hoelun's entire point is that, though she comes to like and respect Cyltan, she is not in love with him. The plans for their forced marriage caused tension between them, and it was only when they came to terms with the fact that they're not in love and never will be (as well as Cyltan getting over himself) that they were able to move on and become friends. Good friends, even, with time.

Kaga himself seems to have missed that, even though he wrote it, and tried to railroad them to a horrible forced romance. Which is all sorts of hilarious.

And of course, Athol is Athol.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

61Oxz0fNi+L._AC_SL1280_.jpg

10/10 already better than the original.

Oh my fucking Christ this game looks every bit as absolutely hideous as Three Houses.

And no hat is a complete downgrade as far as I'm concerned.

That's all I have to say about this. I'll just wait for the inevitable announcement that Hanneman is not playable and forever forget that this game is a thing.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

To be more specific,

Hide contents

Roland makes a charge at Avlora with his lance and she jumps in the way to protect the enemy general because… reasons. I mean there was that one side story where she effectively chose to side with Cordelia over Gustadolph, but then she takes her on a bit and dips when we peacefully blow up the bridge, so who knows?

Avlora says something about thinking we’re going to kill Cordelia (well, this is only implied), but that’s a massive leap in logic to the point where I don’t think she was being honest.

Ah, well, neat.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

Evil women are hot

Hah!

And red lightsabers are the coolest

The Dark side | Comics Amino

I suppose they are, at that.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

I don't know for sure, so I can't explain properly. But the gist of it involves retcons, discussions about chosen ones, and the fanbase seemingly accepting whatever shit Oda writes.

Aha... Well, I don't know much about One Piece. I know it's way too long and I would never watch it because of that. Also, a guy recently spent 20 minutes telling me about how it's brilliant and incredible and way worth it and anyone who doesn't watch it is missing out. He... completely failed to convince me, but it was a good effort.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

As a fanbase that is so old and so large it's not surprising at all that there is a lot of toxicity.

Unlike the much smaller and much younger Fire Emblem fandom which is completely wholesome and not divided in the slightest.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The funny thing is that Hoelun's entire point is that, though she comes to like and respect Cyltan, she is not in love with him. The plans for their forced marriage caused tension between them, and it was only when they came to terms with the fact that they're not in love and never will be (as well as Cyltan getting over himself) that they were able to move on and become friends. Good friends, even, with time.

Kaga himself seems to have missed that, even though he wrote it, and tried to railroad them to a horrible forced romance. Which is all sorts of hilarious.

I mean, I don't have a problem with the idea that Hoelun and Cyltan are more open to the idea of marriage once they are no longer forced to do so.

The weird thing is that after the Solis arc, both Zade and Athol have dialog that makes it sound as if a Hoelun and Cyltan wedding is a done deal. Which unless there was an offscreen proposal, seems like a rather strange assumption to make.

Edited by BrightBow

Anyway, Gregor time. Earlier I beat chapter 13 and got Henry, as well as Worse Chrom with a better Falchion. I'll have to fit her in, somehow. Next, some kids... To my great frustration, I discovered that Brady, too, is subject to the map shenanigans that Cynthia fell pray to. It's less bad in his case, but I'd still rather not wait until chapter 15 to get him. So I guess I gotta marry Olivia. I have no available men on the team, so uh... Lon'qu. Yeah, why not. Lon'qu. It's not like I care for Inñigo or his paralogue at all. I just want to open the way to Brady.

Just now, BrightBow said:

I mean, I don't have a problem with the idea that Hoelun and Cyltan are more open to the idea of marriage once they are no longer forced to do so.

The weird thing is that after the Solis arc, both Zade and Athol have dialog that makes it sound as if a Hoelun and Cyltan wedding is a done deal. Which unless there was an offscreen proposal, seems like a rather strange assumption to make.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Kaga doesn't naturally develop their arc into romance, they just... sort of end up there because man and woman having a connection in a story obviously has to mean they're going to be in love.

Kaga just sucks so hard at writing romance... He really needs to stop trying.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, Gregor time. Earlier I beat chapter 13 and got Henry, as well as Worse Chrom with a better Falchion. I'll have to fit her in, somehow. Next, some kids... To my great frustration, I discovered that Brady, too, is subject to the map shenanigans that Cynthia fell pray to. It's less bad in his case, but I'd still rather not wait until chapter 15 to get him. So I guess I gotta marry Olivia. I have no available men on the team, so uh... Lon'qu. Yeah, why not. Lon'qu. It's not like I care for Inñigo or his paralogue at all. I just want to open the way to Brady.

Not that interested in getting Iñigo Montoya, eh.

dqprwitanbs81.jpg

no short hair...truely golden route?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kaga just sucks so hard at writing romance... He really needs to stop trying.

From the jp polls i saw, Thunder Catria became very popular after VS2, and tops the best character charts.

Inb4 she has better chemistry with MC kun than Athol. Although i wouldn't be surprised lol

I can't believe this is a real game. It looks like a Skyrim mod or something.

If it wasn't for Three Houses itself, I would assume these are all placeholder textures.

Edited by BrightBow

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So Dolce half-dissapoints you then?

depends on the character as to what I like more

I just prefer Mercedes with both short hair and the hat

Dolce does one better by having twintails

Edited by twilitfalchion