Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Whatever. It's time for the one that I've REALLY been waiting for! It is Gregor's time to, how you say, parry? Yes, parry evil girl's wit and steal evil girl's heart for Gregor. Let's go!

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(although in your defense, it wasn't you who named a character "Nah")

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Libra and Nowi have married.

Should we make insensitive jokes about the catholic clergy here?

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

4 hours ago, WraithReborn said:

…I’d say that fans would probably be okay with further development in old characters if it made sense in the context of the films and didn’t seem to come out of left field. I think the major problem is that 20-30 years have pasted since RoTJ and FA, in which the audience of the films get barely any context about where the galaxy is at and what has changed within the new films themselves. I need a little bit more then at best a couple of minutes of exposition and a few flashbacks to convince me of major changes in  established characters. It’s sad to me that the story you can come up with in your head to flesh out the backstory of the last 20-30 years to fill in the gaps is infinitely more interesting then what you’re watching.

Yep. The real problem is that the sequels mishandled legacy characters.

2 hours ago, pong said:

You take that back.

NO.

Is Mace Windu alive? - Quora

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

I might be off base here so let me know what you think. I'm a man of peace and would generally like to see less hatred for newer and/or older games in this community.

It's not a theory. I mean, it's just typical fandom discourse. People have issues with something -> fans who base their personality on the media they like blow the situation out of proportion -> trolls get involved -> people who weren't even aware of the discourse start propagating their biased view of the situation -> the problems the initial, often small minority of, people had get blown out of proportion -> the well is poisoned and any nuance present in the discourse is destroyed -> now it's just the "haters" vs. the "real fans". And there's only one way to stop it

Raymond Saint — Char as the leader of Neo-Zeon (Char's...

Awwwwwwwwww

That was so wholesome and cute and wonderful. I needed that after Nowi. I really did.

Also, I can confirm. Tharja did not bring up Barlowe once. Either her issues are vastly overblown or Gregor's Gregorness really is so epic that it singlehandedly fixes the characters it clashes with. Either way, I'm happy.

Thanks, Gregor. Thanks for existing. You're the best.

3 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Fuck you, cry me a river. That was the best ship I've ever seen in one of these stupid games. You don't get to throw cynical nonsense at me now. I am very happy with the way things turned out.

...Post Nowi. I am happy with the way things turned out post Nowi.

3 minutes ago, pong said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The pleasure is all mine.

(although in your defense, it wasn't you who named a character "Nah")

Seriously, why did they do that?

...Well, then again, in Japanese she's literally called "Nn." I'll take Nah over that lol.

Should we make insensitive jokes about the catholic clergy here?

Oh my God.

I hadn't even considered that.

Libra no. You're supposed to be a good fantasy anime clergyman, not a realistic one!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

And there's only one way to stop it

Raymond Saint — Char as the leader of Neo-Zeon (Char's...

Drop a giant asteroid and force everyone into space?

So if everyone's a NewType, we can all better understand each other?

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I must say, I'm still not seeing the brilliance of Nowi's character. Certainly, I haven't seen all of her supports, but so far... Nyx had a legitimately unique and interesting character concept that was developed decently well, even if it was just a fortunate side effect of justifying her marriage options. Nowi just acts like a regular spunky anime child. Nothing much going on there, she's just sweet and cheerful like a regular ol' child. Which is absolutely deplorable, given what all of her supports with males lead up to.

Yeah I often ignore her S supports and keep her unmarried in most of my playthroughs since it's just not right.

Now this is more of a headcanon but I appreciate Nowi for being just one of the most down to earth characters of the cast that all the other characters are completely comfortable being around. In the example of Libra, he told Nowi his deep dark secret on their first support while it took up the A support with other characters. Nowi is also the only woman that Lon'qu isn't afraid of, and she just generally has a childlike wisdom. She even says herself at one point that she thinks it's her job to lift other people's spirits

She also has a touching backstory that gets referenced every once in a while.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Really? I honestly haven't had much troubles. Pretty sure the mod's done nothing to support speed, either.

Is that so? I remember spending hours just to get some characters to S support.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Awwwwwwwwww

That was so wholesome and cute and wonderful. I needed that after Nowi. I really did.

Also, I can confirm. Tharja did not bring up Barlowe once. Either her issues are vastly overblown or Gregor's Gregorness really is so epic that it singlehandedly fixes the characters it clashes with. Either way, I'm happy.

Alright, at the top of my head, I think the topic appears for her in her supports with Vaike, Fredrick, Henry, Libra, Gaius, and very awkwardly in the summer and harvest scrambles even if she already married someone else.

DLC Leif has pretty great art. That's nice. The DLC character designs are pretty hit-or-miss, but this one's a hit, I think. Kinda considering picking him up to be my thief. Though DLC isn't considered by the mod. Perhaps I'd better avoid it, for this first run at least.

Anyway, I'm thinking of my team composition. Sorry Quetzal, but I don't think I can keep Nowi around. I'd rather give her daughter and her far better design a chance. Then I just have to come up with another 5-6 people to kick out, and we'll be set.

Goodness.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Yes, that's how you translate what I said from Yodish.

Just now, GuardianSing said:

Yeah I often ignore her S supports and keep her unmarried in most of my playthroughs since it's just not right.

See, but if you don't make her marry, you miss out on content. This is how you make moral dilemmas. Learn a lesson, Telltale.

Now this is more of a headcanon but I appreciate Nowi for being just one of the most down to earth characters of the cast that all the other characters are completely comfortable being around. In the example of Libra, he told Nowi his deep dark secret on their first support while it took up the A support with other characters. Nowi is also the only woman that Lon'qu isn't afraid of, and she just generally has a childlike wisdom. She even says herself at one point that she thinks it's her job to lift other people's spirits

Fair point, but this ends up making her supports benefit the other party more than herself. She comes across as plain. Speaking more specifically from what I've seen, Libra's support was pretty... superficial? I have no idea what happened to Libra in his past. They didn't go into detail. All I know is that he's hurting, and then he and Nowi went on a fun carefree adventure searching for his heart, which was pretty cute, I'll admit. Y'know, until he put his d-- It wasn't that impressive. It felt more like a set up for a better support chain that would actually delve deeper into Libra's character.

I dunno. So far, Nowi loses 0-1 to Tharja on the "reviled character that has great supports" front. Then again, I suppose I'm being unfair. I've only seen her Gregor chain up to B. Perhaps I should put her to the Gregor test. Gregor makes everything better.

She also has a touching backstory that gets referenced every once in a while.

Yes, the touching backstory that makes it EVEN WORSE that she can marry.

Jeez, what a disaster of a character...

Is that so? I remember spending hours just to get some characters to S support.

Well, to be fair, I'm not trying to get everyone's S supports. Just the ones I care about, plus Olivia so I can access Brady sooner.

Alright, at the top of my head, I think the topic appears for her in her supports with Vaike, Fredrick, Henry, Libra, Gaius

Inferior options to Gregor all.

and very awkwardly in the summer and harvest scrambles even if she already married someone else.

Eh, DLC. Not canon.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I dunno. So far, Nowi loses 0-1 to Tharja on the "reviled character that has great supports" front. Then again, I suppose I'm being unfair. I've only seen her Gregor chain up to B. Perhaps I should put her to the Gregor test. Gregor makes everything better.

Reminds me those two can support each other. What would make that score if you were to see them, heh.

39 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Drop a giant asteroid and force everyone into space?

So if everyone's a NewType, we can all better understand each other?

Yes. 🙂

The meteor, of course, is metaphorical.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

See, but if you don't make her marry, you miss out on content. This is how you make moral dilemmas. Learn a lesson, Telltale.

Hahaha! The real difficult player choice in Awakening it seems.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fair point, but this ends up making her supports benefit the other party more than herself. She comes across as plain. Speaking more specifically from what I've seen, Libra's support was pretty... superficial? I have no idea what happened to Libra in his past. They didn't go into detail. All I know is that he's hurting, and then he and Nowi went on a fun carefree adventure searching for his heart, which was pretty cute, I'll admit. Y'know, until he put his d-- It wasn't that impressive. It felt more like a set up for a better support chain that would actually delve deeper into Libra's character.

Aren't the details mentioned in the C support? About how Libra was abandoned by his parents and got a scar when he tried to cling on to them?

If you want more on Libra's character that's what I imagine the other supports are for. Ye can't have an entire characters set up and arc in a single support after all. That's how they get you addicted.

Speaking of which, I think I'm nearing the halfway point of all the Fates support conversations. 

And I swear to god if I end up actually liking Ryoma by the end of it--

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

if you want to learn more about Nowi, her supports with Tharja and Vaike are two good examples that focus on Nowi as a character.

Also her DLC conversation with Tiki is a wonderfully sweet clash between their two different wisdoms.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, to be fair, I'm not trying to get everyone's S supports. Just the ones I care about, plus Olivia so I can access Brady sooner.

I'll be expecting Cordelia's marriage status soon.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh, DLC. Not canon.

She also mentions Robin in some of her random flavor text, like in the barracks or event tiles.

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuck you, cry me a river. That was the best ship I've ever seen in one of these stupid games. You don't get to throw cynical nonsense at me now. I am very happy with the way things turned out.

...Post Nowi. I am happy with the way things turned out post Nowi.

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Hahaha! The real difficult player choice in Awakening it seems.

Yeah.

Unfortunately.

Aren't the details mentioned in the C support? About how Libra was abandoned by his parents and got a scar when he tried to cling on to them?

I am very stupid and forgot about that.

Ahhh, fuck me.

If you want more on Libra's character that's what I imagine the other supports are for. Ye can't have an entire characters set up and arc in a single support after all. That's how they get you addicted.

True enough.

Speaking of which, I think I'm nearing the halfway point of all the Fates support conversations. 

And I swear to god if I end up actually liking Ryoma by the end of it--

I would be impressed if you did.

if you want to learn more about Nowi, her supports with Tharja and Vaike are two good examples that focus on Nowi as a character.

Also her DLC conversation with Tiki is a wonderfully sweet clash between their two different wisdoms.

Okay.

I'll be expecting Cordelia's marriage status soon.

Oh, right. Sandwiched between Gregor's excellent ship and Nowi's mess, I forgot to bring it up, but she did marry Virion.

I am thoroughly unimpressed and will drop her like a sack of bricks to make room for a child that is not hers.

Sorry.

She also mentions Robin in some of her random flavor text, like in the barracks or event tiles.

I don't even read the barrack text lol. The animations are too slow, so I just turn on emulator speed up and get through it as fast as humanly possible in hopes for something interesting I could use.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Awakening is truely the fastest way to play Fates

I must say, one thing I will give this game over Fates is the cast. They benefit greatly from the superior localizers. I like some Fates characters, of course, more than most even. But the percentage is a lot more middling than it tends to be for me with most other FEs-- including this one, I would say. I'm not scrambling to fill half the slots with generics, for one (partly because I can't, but hey), and there isn't anyone in Fates that makes me quite as happy as Gregor.

...well, okay, there's Garon.

Anyway, point is, Awakening with the mod good.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, right. Sandwiched between Gregor's excellent ship and Nowi's mess, I forgot to bring it up, but she did marry Virion.

I am thoroughly unimpressed and will drop her like a sack of bricks to make room for a child that is not hers.

Sorry.

112cf6ba58fd915d0edf79aff56e1654.jpg

Been a while since I last played... actually, come to think of it, did I even finished it? I know I did reached the spot just before the final boss, even beat the superboss, but... hmm...

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Gonna play some Tales of the Abyss! I had to stop previously cause my Cables and Controllers had issues, but now im free of that hell and can play TOA again!

Yay! Have fun! I love that game so much 💕💕💕💕