Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

59 minutes ago, pong said:

Now I have this mental image of Eliwood being the most pampered noble brat there ever was, who thinks that horses are just summoned out of thin air when he needs one and then dismissed into some magical realm when he doesn't anymore. "Why do those peasants make such a fuss about producing grain if they could just tell Boffa the cook to prepare some caviar for them?"

The image only gets funnier when you think about his promotion.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Farewell, all! I shall be returning in a few days.

...Also, why am I less tired waking up on a Sunday at 5 than I am waking up at 7:30 on Monday?

Good luck with your travels,

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

FP80ku4XMAoJm1R?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Anyways, Kingdom Hearts 4 has been announced. It will release in 2029 which is still faster than the time it'll take to bring Kuro no Kiseki over to the West.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

which is still faster than the time it'll take to bring Kuro no Kiseki over to the West.

https://zerofield.net/2022/04/04/kuro-no-kiseki-spreadsheet-translation/

If i hadn't dropped Trails i would probably be spreadsheeting Kuro by now xD

Their loc speed is just...atrocious

Atrocious might even be an understatement

Edited by Shrimpolaris

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways, Kingdom Hearts 4 has been announced.

Time for the 🍿 watching people react to the announcement.

Being infected with modern FF's graphics realism and Nomura continuing to be obsessed with making his scrapped FF Versus XIII (later renamed FFXV) a reality are the topics of today. *Pours myself a glass of apple juice*🧃 A little schadenfreude for the morning is unexpected entertainment.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It will release in 2029 which is still faster than the time it'll take to bring Kuro no Kiseki over to the West.

Sounds like you're exaggerating with this. Don't they intend to have all the pre-Kuro game officially translated by next year according to what I had read? It couldn't possibly take longer than 2025, right?

Now depending on how long they intend to drag out the subseries, if there's a third or fourth game, maybe KHIV will release before Blackie is finished in the West.

Personally I'm choosing not to touch any of it. I'm keeping out of the elitist vs. casual 12-game & counting 60-hours each fray unless they make the harems gay.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

https://zerofield.net/2022/04/04/kuro-no-kiseki-spreadsheet-translation/

If i hadn't dropped Trails i would probably be spreadsheeting Kuro by now xD

Oh yes, unfortunately, i hate looking at spreadsheets when playing an untranslated game. It's just....so uncomfortable.

Well i know i can overlay it but i think i need a monitor for that? Which i don't have, I can't just slap it on the PS4.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Their loc speed is just...atrocious

Sometimes i wish i didn't become a Falcom fan so i wouldn't have to put up with this.

That way i only have to put up with Xseed localization times.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Being infected with modern FF's graphics realism

Funniest part was Sora waking up in an apartment that has been freshly rented.

Honestly i didn't even think it was real at first, the KH characters looked jarringly out of place but maybe that's because the only two environments were apartment and test room.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don't they intend to have all the pre-Kuro game officially translated by next year according to what I had read?

Yes.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It couldn't possibly take longer than 2025, right?

You'd think.

Either way, Kuro's gonna be done by the time we actually get it.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways, Kingdom Hearts 4 has been announced.

Sora enters my least favorite Disney property: real life.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Laughs in taking four years to localize SC.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Either way, Kuro's gonna be done by the time we actually get it.

Falcom has to make Ys X eventually, so if there is a Kuro III, Kuro I might release outside Japan before it releases. Probably mid-to-late 2024 or early 2025, depending on when Reverie comes out.

Releasing Trails games three years in a row, as happened with Reverie/Kuro/Kuro II, has been otherwise unheard of, so who knows what will happen next.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Did you happen to see this by the way?:

https://www.siliconera.com/interview-localizing-rune-factory-5s-characters/

Just a little more information on what went into the process, though not explaining why it took so long.

-Ignore the comments section, somebody threw a hissy fit over "translate the damn text and don't do any of this "localization" garbage!". Although, other commenters suggest this is far from being an egregious localization situation like some other games out there (such as parts of the scripts of modern FE- Awakening and Fates to be precise).

59 minutes ago, Benice said:

Farewell, all! I shall be returning in a few days.

...Also, why am I less tired waking up on a Sunday at 5 than I am waking up at 7:30 on Monday?

Enjoy your trip!

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Falcom has to make Ys X eventually, so if there is a Kuro III, Kuro I might release outside Japan before it releases. Probably mid-to-late 2024 or early 2025, depending on when Reverie comes out.

Oh i completely forgot about the inevitable Ys 10 and the slog localization that will come with it.

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Releasing Trails games three years in a row, as happened with Reverie/Kuro/Kuro II, has been otherwise unheard of, so who knows what will happen next.

*Looks up timeline*

Ah so it's yearly but every two games, they take a break. I see what you mean now.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Did you happen to see this by the way?:

https://www.siliconera.com/interview-localizing-rune-factory-5s-characters/

Just a little more information on what went into the process, though not explaining why it took so long.

Not on Siliconera but i've read some of the interviews, yes.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Ignore the comments section, somebody threw a hissy fit over "translate the damn text and don't do any of this "localization" garbage!"

This is always funny to me because if we truly just stuck to translating, then Optimus Prime would've kept his original Japanese name "Convoy", which is nowhere near as cool.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although, other commenters suggest this is far from being an egregious localization situation like some other games out there (such as parts of the scripts of modern FE- Awakening and Fates to be precise).

It's the same as RF4. If you liked the localization there, then there isn't really an issue for 5. Or rather, there shouldn't be but the Internet is the Internet.

38 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Sora enters my least favorite Disney property: real life.

I mean, you're not entirely wrong.

I did see one post suggesting that the realism will let the KH universe intersect with the MCU. It hasn't so far, but even with the post-Endgame cooldown in interest in the MCU, there are bound to be some people who would be ecstatic to see Iron Man et al. alongside Sora.

38 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Falcom has to make Ys X eventually

Which, given their worried thoughts on Ys IX, will have its release date be the day that Shrimpy loses all interest in Nihon Failcon. I hope not, but the parabola of prophecy suggests the trajectory is possible.

Not on Siliconera but i've read some of the interviews, yes.

The interview I just posted was the most recent one they've given. 

Anyhow, it's interesting that the translators this time were originally players of the Rune Factory franchise long ago, well before they ever thought they would work on RF. That probably helps the localization process.

This is always funny to me because if we truly just stuck to translating, then Optimus Prime would've kept his original Japanese name "Convoy", which is nowhere near as cool.

I get this sentiment.

On the one hand, I'm convinced that almost any name can be made "good". When I heard someone whine about "Triangle Strategy", I thought to myself "Who thought "Super Mario" was a good idea?". Super Mario is arguably a terrible name, but we don't realize this, because it has become legendary through gameplay and video game historical-cultural merit.

On the other hand, some names are simply better in certain languages than others. But, I'm rarely going to cast a serious case-by-case judgement here. OP is probably objectively better in English than Word For A Group Of Vehicles.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

So that's where Strelitzia ended up. Unless it's not her, despite looking exactly like her, which I wouldn't put it past Kingdom Hearts to do.

Anyway...

6 hours ago, pong said:

I mean... he probably wouldn't.

Ironically air bases would actually be a thing in FE thanks to the pegasi and wyverns. They do have air military units, after all.

Alright, yeah, I’m saving the golden ending for last. I dipped my toe into it a bit and everything about it screams “this is after you’ve done everything else” and each of my teams has to have 7 units (out of the possible 10). Luckily, I can do the standard four play throughs to get every character if I reload the save at the chapter 15 decision, which is what I’ll do. I was heavily debating going with Frederica, so that might be what I do, but Roland is kind of tempting now.

Edit: I went with Roland, just because I’d like to save going with Frederica when the village is intact for her route. Plus, I know a bit of what happens, and I’m curious what’ll happen if 

Spoiler

I get Cordelia, who joins if I stay in the capital, and then pick the route where Roland leaves and we side with the people who occupied her capital and forced her to become a puppet queen. I’m also curious what happens to Roland in the city.

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I did see one post suggesting that the realism will let the KH universe intersect with the MCU.

Well there are already hints of potential Star Wars interaction

FP_NTkIXoAA88eQ?format=jpg&name=large

because that is the back of the foot of an AT-ST

FP_NXs1XEAYgon2?format=jpg&name=medium

Like the shape is literally 1:1, that is an AT-ST my friends. Donald Duck is going to have beef with Darth Vader.

On the one hand, I'm convinced that almost any name can be made "good". When I heard someone whine about "Triangle Strategy", I thought to myself "Who thought "Super Mario" was a good idea?". Super Mario is arguably a terrible name, but we don't realize this, because it has become legendary through gameplay and video game historical-cultural merit.

Good point here. Although at least with Super Mario, putting "Super" in front of anything has been a tried and true naming convention since like.....forever. Like even if it ends up being dumb, it's corny dumb.

I have finally gotten around to finishing up Dress Up Darling.

I will now continue the story in the manga

20220410_111435.png?width=504&height=432

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's alright, if Vader shows up in the city, they got it covered.

Is it possible to learn this power?

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like the shape is literally 1:1, that is an AT-ST my friends. Donald Duck is going to have beef with Darth Vader.

AT-ST? It broke new ground!!!

Well duh, it's because his name is Mario and he's super. SMB itself was a derivative of Mario Bros., so named because it starred Mario and his brother Green Mario. The franchise as a whole is generally called "Super Mario" because "Mario" by itself is too generic be trademarked.

You gotta hand it to Nomura. All those years after being denied Versus XIII... he's finally getting the last laugh. Now that's persistence.

17 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

This looks good

Is this...what I think it is?

A (Vaguely) Native American inspired Fire Emblem like game with tons of unique classes and units?

Have the Gods finally answered my prayers?!

So, I've also seen people comment that...

Spoiler

It's very likely that it's Hades the one speaking to Donald and Goofy at the end of the trailer. Which does make sense.

Blue flame which turns into an eruption of red fire, which is iconic of the guy.
If they are looking for Sora, who is effectively "dead", then what other place to be a good start than the Underworld they know of?

And it got me thinking. If that were true and this is something that extends beyond just the firs hour(s) of the game, then I hope...

Spoiler

That since III doing it means Pixar worlds are now open to appear in KH.

Please put Coco too. Please put Coco too. There can totally be room for two lands of the dead! Or three I guess.

Toy Story Mr Potato Head GIF - Toy Story Mr Potato Head I Can Dream Cant I  - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Falcom has to make Ys X eventually

That one we truely won't get before 2030

49 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Claude

Yup

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well i know i can overlay it but i think i need a monitor for that? Which i don't have, I can't just slap it on the PS4

The Zerofield Team would like to introduce the new and improved: Cold Steel Subs: Kuro! Before we get started, here’s a list of what you’ll need play the game with our tool.

• A Playstation 4, Playstation 4 Pro, or Playstation 5
  • A copy of Kuro no Kiseki! Digital, or Physical works.
  • A computer. Windows or a Mac with Wine, and 4gb RAM Min.
  • PlayStation Remote Play, or a Capture Card. (Elgato, for example)