Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Like a bloody storm
熱く like a bloody stone

10 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

nd2asunh6ps81.jpg

AOE won't happen. Give up your dreams and die.

https://i.redd.it/dx28e9imifj81.jpg

Edited by Newtype06

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

AOE won't happen. Give up your dreams and die.

I gave up looooooooong ago i just enjoy the memes now xD

4 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Like a bloody storm
熱く like a bloody stone

so umm

what are you reading?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sorry. I know you opened with "not a bad composition or anything", and I also know that I've said these words like 10 times before, but there's just something about this composer in particular that makes me dislike most of their stuff I've heard. Struck gold with Wheeling Corby, though, I've gotta hand it to 'em. That song is pure joy. That's right, you thought this was just Ruben being hateful as usual, but it was actually a secret scheme to gush about Wheeling Corby and how much I love that song. You've all fallen for my trap in America. You never stood a chance, I am too peerless a tactician. I've not seen a pear in my entire life!

It might be a terrible composition for all I know. I just find it hard to judge either way because the audio quality is so terrible.

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is going to sound like I'm just being a contrarian for the heck of it, but... See, in this case? I think it works. This is completely dissonant, but it feels intentional here. It screams mad scientist, which, well... Yeah. This theme and Penny's, which overall sounds like it's telling a tale of insane experiments gone wrong all on its own. I like both of these. They suit the characters and it feels like there's more of a rhyme and reason to the lack of rhyme and reason. If that makes any sense.

It does, I get your perspective.

Also I love how this guy has three different names

Caulder sounds the most realistic, if more a last name than a first (but then, Brenner has the same issue). Stolos is Greek meaning "owl", and so fits the owl/avian motif of IDS. Berith is the most evil name of all, since it's literally a demon's name. Each moniker has something good going for it, an even greater oddity.

The other triplespeak characters are, going North America/Europe/Japan in arrangement:

• Brenner/O'Brian/Brown
  • Tasha/Zadia/Atley 
  • Forsythe/Carter/Carlyle
  • Waylon/Finn/Dieter
  • Penny/Lily/Romy
  • Tabitha/Larissa/Lieselotte

Everyone else is doublespeak, with the exception of Lin, who has the only name identical across all version.

It's crazy enough that it gives me the idea of a story of three parallel worlds where the same people have different names in each world. Except for the main character and a few other special snowflakes (one of whom has to be the big bad) who only have one name and exist on all three planes at once and can freely interact with each of them, which in turn subtly affects the others.

I honestly cannot remember the other Royals' themes.

Cain the lion king gets a remix of his normal story theme, just made more exhilarating for battle. Tibarn's theme is unexpectedly lightweight in tone (well, for an RD track) for as muscleheaded as the hawk king is. Nailah and Kurthnaga get nothing.

So basically, the competition is practically nothing.

I just envision Oliver gently swaying his hips back and forth, rhythmically, like the idle battle animation for the Bride class in Awakening.

That does not stop them from having a wild drunk night together and then sleeping naked in the same room.

I am not kidding.

😍😋🥴

Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiics! NAO!

43 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I think the problem here is trying to "write romance as romance" and thus it becomes...forced. Happens way too often, and the chemistry is then...non existant.

If you write friends with great chemistry however...

Yeah...

Alot of of my fav. "Ships" shall i say have to do with "natural" progression and how the chemistry is there without forcing a romance, even. The romance comes more as a result of the chemistry, more like it.

Reminds me why I prefer EliwoodxLyn to EliwoodxNinian. Ninian can feel like a parasite that exists solely to end up on Eliwood's sword. Lyn is her own character, and their conversations -though clearly intended to end with a marriage bed- can stand as being between two good friends and not just lovers. And that isn't a bad thing, isn't a spouse sometimes referred to as their spouse's best friend?

RUMBLING, RUMBLING! IT'S COMING! RUMBLING!

14 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I gave up looooooooong ago i just enjoy the memes now xD

Can't wait to see animeonlies meltdown. At least we'll get a brand new OP

"I don't want that" by Linked Horizon

19 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

so umm

what are you reading?

At the moment? nothing. Just listening to some OPs while I grind Lucky Eggs in Pokemon Pearl

Which reminds me I need to finish CDA and Summertime Render.

...that's one way to do this chapter.

(Zoran is known for his Conquest stuff, but he also has a 3H maddening playthrough so i wanted to see how he approached this.)

2 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Can't wait to see animeonlies meltdown. At least we'll get a brand new OP

I wonder if they will meltdown or just accept it hmm.

Anime crowd is...more casual, so to say.

I really hope for a big Meltdown tho. Alot of popcorn is to be had if that happens

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And that isn't a bad thing, isn't a spouse sometimes referred to as their spouse's best friend?

+1111

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It might be a terrible composition for all I know. I just find it hard to judge either way because the audio quality is so terrible.

Yeah... It's not impossible to make great soundtracks for even the worst-sounding consoles. Mother 3 being on GBA of all things handily proves that. But you need to adjust to the limitations, not ignore them and try to cram your grand orchestra into the DS's mediocre sound chip.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It does, I get your perspective.

Nice, I'm glad I got it across.

Caulder sounds the most realistic, if more a last name than a first (but then, Brenner has the same issue). Stolos is Greek meaning "owl", and so fits the owl/avian motif of IDS. Berith is the most evil name of all, since it's literally a demon's name. Each moniker has something good going for it, an even greater oddity.

The other triplespeak characters are, going North America/Europe/Japan in arrangement:

• Brenner/O'Brian/Brown
  • Tasha/Zadia/Atley 
  • Forsythe/Carter/Carlyle
  • Waylon/Finn/Dieter
  • Penny/Lily/Romy
  • Tabitha/Larissa/Lieselotte

Everyone else is doublespeak, with the exception of Lin, who has the only name identical across all version.

It's crazy enough that it gives me the idea of a story of three parallel worlds where the same people have different names in each world. Except for the main character and a few other special snowflakes (one of whom has to be the big bad) who only have one name and exist on all three planes at once and can freely interact with each of them, which in turn subtly affects the others.

Liesselote lol. That's amazing, I love that one.

That's fun headcanon, too.

Cain the lion king gets a remix of his normal story theme, just made more exhilarating for battle. Tibarn's theme is unexpectedly lightweight in tone (well, for an RD track) for as muscleheaded as the hawk king is. Nailah and Kurthnaga get nothing.

So basically, the competition is practically nothing.

Yeah, figures.

I just envision Oliver gently swaying his hips back and forth, rhythmically, like the idle battle animation for the Bride class in Awakening.

I never did.

But then, I also never knew how much I needed to.

😍😋🥴

Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiics! NAO!

Unfortunately I cannot supply you with such material, as the scene happens over text. I also cannot give you pics of the dialogue because I don't have any and I don't remember which chapter it happened on. I can only assure you it happened.

But hey, that just means you get to use your imagination!

Reminds me why I prefer EliwoodxLyn to EliwoodxNinian. Ninian can feel like a parasite that exists solely to end up on Eliwood's sword. Lyn is her own character, and their conversations -though clearly intended to end with a marriage bed- can stand as being between two good friends and not just lovers. And that isn't a bad thing, isn't a spouse sometimes referred to as their spouse's best friend?

Well... While I have no strong feelings on Lyn and Eli, I am of the opinion that Ninian should've just straight up been shipped with the Grim Reaper for the story to be better, so...

I dunno, who else is there? Flora? Random village maiden? Hector?

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

...that's one way to do this chapter.

(Zoran is known for his Conquest stuff, but he also has a 3H maddening playthrough so i wanted to see how he approached this.)

Conquest Chad faces the worst map in all of Fire Emblem.

Might give this a watch at some point. At risk of my eyes becoming too bloodshot to function.

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The game tries to spin it as a funny anime moment. And both of them get railroaded into incredibly shitty straight pairings.

That does not stop them from having a wild drunk night together and then sleeping naked in the same room.

I am not kidding.

Can I just say that I find it rather refreshing that they actually get drunk despite being minors.

There are so many video games that can't help themselves to put minors into military organizations, just to then needlessly highlight how absurd the whole thing is by not allowing them to drink anything alcoholic. Because hey, minors bleeding out on the battlefield is fine. But those same minors drinking alcohol? Can't have that.

https://i.redd.it/4c0zxl63oqs81.jpg

Damn, I got the meme wrong

6 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I wonder if they will meltdown or just accept it hmm.

Anime crowd is...more casual, so to say.

I really hope for a big Meltdown tho. Alot of popcorn is to be had if that happens

The alliance episodes were divisive even on /r/anime, so much that SnK lost the first place to Dress-up Darling. Also, some animeonlies from react channels were already complaining too. There's definitely going to be a meltdown, but we don't know how big it will be.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I dunno, who else is there? Flora? Random village maiden? Hector?

Fiora and Hector x Farina because then Roy and Lilina are cousins

Edited by Newtype06

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Conquest Chad

Speaking about that, i really wanna see how he will succeed in his "Train everyone" run. Conquest is already a hard as balls game, so doing that is very interesting

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Can I just say that I find it rather refreshing that they actually get drunk despite being minors.

There are so many video games that can't help themselves to put minors into military organizations, just to then needlessly highlight how absurd the whole thing is by not allowing them to drink anything alcoholic. Because hey, minors bleeding out on the battlefield is fine. But those same minors drinking alcohol? Can't have that.

It's the laws there iirc. Adding minors drinking alcohol is an auto rating increase or something. Vestaria being a free game can apparently not care about that.

1 minute ago, Newtype06 said:

The alliance episodes were divisive even on /r/anime, so much that SnK lost the first place to Dress-up Darling. Also, some animeonlies from react channels were already complaining too. There's definitely going to be a meltdown, but we don't know how big it will be

oh boy you're getting my hopes up!

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

It's the laws there iirc. Adding minors drinking alcohol is an auto rating increase or something. Vestaria being a free game can apparently not care about that.

Maybe it's a hard rule by CERO, sure. But like, you don't need to go out of your way to actively highlight the double standard.
Which makes me rather glad that Echoes cut out that whole alcohol consumption thing altogether.

Oh no no no no no no no, Chrono Cross bros, we got too cocky...

If any of you have a local Japanese gardens I recommend giving it a visit. I decided to visit ours yesterday and got to talk to some shinobue players and nearly got to pet a Koi fish.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Funny, I had completely glossed over the video without even realizing what it was until I read your response.

Yeah, now that I've actually registered the trailer's existence, it does look pretty awesome. On the wishlist it goes.

After looking at the trailer it seems like it's just the one character, which I'm cool with. I'm always happy when characters take design inspirations from places other than Western Europe.

In other news, I just watched Gregor and Lon'qu's support on a whim.

Lon'qu wanted to duel, because he's edgy. First Gregor said "Edge is seeming very sharp", which already was a great start. Then not only did he make Lon'qu pay him to duel, he also won so fast that there wasn't even a line jump between the duel starting and Gregor winning. Then his Gregorness made Lon'qu's edge disappear and he admitted he has much to learn in their A support, prompting Gregor to offer to teach him his Gregorisms.

Seriously, this guy hasn't a single bad support. Or a single bad line, for that matter. Might be a bit rash to say something like this, but I think he's straight up becoming one of my favorite characters in the series now, as you can probably tell by the fact that I can't help but go out of my way to read his supports.

Gregor is treasure, is what I'm saying.

Not even mentioning the fact that he apparently went toe to toe with Goddamn Basilio!

Makes me really wish those two had a conversation together, even a DLC one.

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Not even mentioning the fact that he apparently went toe to toe with Goddamn Basilio!

Makes me really wish those two had a conversation together, even a DLC one.

...he is level 10 unpromoted.

Granted, lv1 Chrom was able to destroy the walls of Ylisse castle by accident during training, so a level 10 unit is likely already ridiculously powerful. But Basilio nevertheless has like 4 times the stat total Gregor has.
It would be kinda like Spiderman vs Superman. Sure, they both have super strength, but it's not quite the same.

Edited by BrightBow

Dread really is the best of these games, isn't it.

"The item versatility of Super Metroid. The boss fights and tone of Fusion. The fluidity of Zero Mission. The combat of Samus Returns. The best aspects of each of the 2D Metroid games was refined and improved to a point so perfect, i did not think it was possible" -excerpt from my review of the game.

Well aware that you didn't like Fusion's bosses that much (i think) but i think you can tell what i'm saying there. I love Metroid but to me, there is very clear gap between Dread and the rest of the series. Even Zero Mission, the game i used to think was the best one and is part of my Masterpiece Club, isn't on the same level. There's a reason why i replayed Dread so much, it's become my third favorite game of all time and the only reason it isn't higher is because Xenoblade exists.

I don't want to sound like i'm setting the game on a pedestal. I mean, i am, but that pedestal is mine and mine alone, i'm not like fans of a certain JRPG who insists on others that it's the second coming of Christ.

Like really, the only thing Dread doesn't do better than the other games is the soundtrack. Which......i mean hot take but Metroid's soundtrack has never been that outstanding, it's really just Zero Mission and Prime 3 that stand out.

Other sources tell me it's the best of the games

Super has a long legacy behind it but it's age does hold it just a bit back. A lot of people don't seem to agree but it does have some dumb "what do i do" moments.

At the very least, given you've already played Fusion and ZM, it'll take some getting used to the fact that Super is the only mainline game (what are NESTroid and II?) where you can't grab ledges.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

If there's anything in the game that justifies the shift back to 3D, the boss battles being in a 3D space is nice

Arena-style and such, however simple or short they may be

nothing else in the game does though, especially the farming

Tbf, i don't think games need a justification to switch dimensions. Like maybe i just get used to things quickly but there's no real difference between a 2D Rune Factory and a 3D one....you know, barring the combat but it seems being more action-y is a thing 5 did that the other 3D RFs didn't. Story of Seasons went 3D ages ago and it seemed to work fine for it, i think Rune Factory can do the same if they iron out the technicalities.

48 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Oh no no no no no no no, Chrono Cross bros, we got too cocky...

Absolute hilarity that 13 Sentinels runs well on the Switch (according to one, even better) but the PS1 game can't.

The PS1 game is also not running well on PS5 either.

10 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

...he is level 10 unpromoted.

Granted, lv1 Chrom was able to destroy the walls of Ylisse castle by accident during training, so a level 10 unit is likely already ridiculously powerful. But Basilio nevertheless has like 4 times the stat total Gregor has.
It would be kinda like Spiderman vs Superman. Sure, they both have super strength, but it's not quite the same.

Listen, you gotta separate lore and gameplay eventually.

Gregor does also mention that it happened an incredibly long time ago so you could say things have changed a lot since then.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbf, i don't think games need a justification to switch dimensions. Like maybe i just get used to things quickly but there's no real difference between a 2D Rune Factory and a 3D one....you know, barring the combat but it seems being more action-y is a thing 5 did that the other 3D RFs didn't. Story of Seasons went 3D ages ago and it seemed to work fine for it, i think Rune Factory can do the same if they iron out the technicalities.

I mean, I guess?

4 was just so snappy and smooth that transitioning back to 3D as rough as it is doesn't seem like a worthy tradeoff, if you ask me. :shrug:

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

4 was just so snappy and smooth that transitioning back to 3D as rough as it is doesn't seem like a worthy tradeoff, if you ask me. :shrug:

I do agree with how smooth 4 was but i also think 5's issues aren't the fault of the dimensional shift itself. 

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

This is so fucking hilarious.

Hide contents

I spend my entire run being as evil as possible, I end up going with the most sensible option. You spend your entire run being a goodie-two-shoes, then you do that.

Look at the tables, they look like friggin' helicopters, they're turning so hard!

Amazing.

Wait, what?

Spoiler

What’s so evil about ousting the royalist as who are starving the people to protect them and the capital? I did make clear that I was talking about the chapter 15 decision of where to go, right? Not my actual ending, which is still assuredly gonna be Benedict’s.

Edited by Sooks

And yep, I do not regret siding with Benedict for the ending at all. Immediately everything that happens is so good, I should definitely see this before the golden ending.

…I don’t want to think about what it says about me that I willingly forsake the golden ending so I can get suffering. But the plot’s good guys, I promise.

Spoiler

And also, the game does indeed acknowledge that I have Cordelia in my party when Roland leaves. Nice.

He also references something that happened in the capital to Hughette, which probably wouldn’t have happened otherwise, seeing as how she wouldn’t have been there. I definitely made the right call staying in the capital for this path.

Edited by Sooks