Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Counterpoint: Hanneman is not a lion either. And yet he's the only man in Fodlan with proper facial hair.

...You think Hanneman just murders everyone in Fodlan who dares to grow facial hair? Yeah, that makes sense, actually. Hanneman is secretly a psychopathic supervillain whose master plan is to become the most handsome man in the entire continent. In truth, his "crest research" is a cover for his research into the science of facial hair. That's why none of the students or faculty are capable of developing a beard - Hanneman poisoned their daily meals with an anti-beard agent to ensure only he gets to harvest the power of The Stache. Nader survived by escaping to Almyra and casting a hex called Plotus Irrelevantus on himself, to conceal his soul's aura from Hanneman's tracking devices. Kronya was an agent of Hanneman all along - that's why it appears Jeralt's death is completely pointless and unnecessary! None of the apparent villains of Three Houses had anything against him, it was Hanneman wishing to eradicate one bold enough to grow a beard in his presence! And what do Thales and Arundel have in common? That's right! Beards! Thales wasn't his true identity at all! All along he was Hanneman, the leader of Those Who Twirl The Stache!

It's the monocle.

If he didn't had it, he'd lose the stache.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, due to the datamine most of what they revealed wasn't new. Still, still quite a couple of surprises were in store.

Irm and Grungust were in the datamine. However, what's new is that he'll be from SRW 4. Not much of a surprise, but now I wonder if he and Gilliam will recognize each other...

After the lazy reuse of the VTX Gespy for Gilliam, giving Irm the VTX Grungust animations makes logical sense.

And thanks for explaining why he doesn't resemble his Alpha-OG self. I wasn't sure b/c I thought he would look younger for 4th/F.

Looks like Sanger and Ratsel will be just one unit, considering they were calling the Daygengard a "Mounted Variant". *Insert here Real Men Ride Each Other memes*

Hm? Unless they have the Aussenseiter temporarily leave Pferd Mode, it'll all be Zankanto, barring maybe a kick or stomp.

Fascinating, that the SRX's new attack comes from the OG Manga adaptation.

SRX is already a little stacked.:

1. Gaun Genocider
  2. Hi-Finger Launcher
  3. Zine Knuckle
  4. Blade Kick
  5. Dominion Ball (I know- not in 30.)
    1. OG1 and thus OGs has "Supreme Sword" as a weaker sword technique.
  6. TK Burst Slash
  7. HTB Cannon (I know- not in 30.)

So now it's nine canonical moves. Biased much? 

So, first part for April 13 tomorrow (though apparently it's already out), the rest coming April 20. Haaaa, the paid Expansion Pack sadly it's likely to be separate from the Ultimate Edition, so I'll have to cough up more money, hahahaha.

As I want the DGGs, I guess I'll have to spend as well. Although, SRW might not get another game this year I would think, the pandemic exception letting them break the -impressive- tradition and instead swapping to DLC for the latest title. And then next year it's 3rd OG time.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

It's the monocle.

If he didn't had it, he'd lose the stache.

...Or that.

Yeah, that's a spicy theory as well. Hanneman's monocle is a piece of ancient Agarthan technology that allows its wearer to harvest a power thought lost to time: The power of mustache. Notice how even the few other characters with beards don't have staches? Only Hanneman can have a stache, because only he posseses the Stachecle. Alois noticed the strange artifact below Hanneman's nose and thought it was way rad, so he decided to mimmick it by sticking two pieces of cardboard on his face. That's why his stache looks like the most hideous aberration known to man - it's a phony stache, a mere imitation by an ignorant fool who fails to comprehend the magnitude of what he's gotten into.

Solon wasn't gunning for Flayn at all, he wanted to get close to Hanneman in an attempt to steal the Stachecle! That's why he took the form of an old man - he knows old men interact with other old men! But when this failed, as Hanneman never takes his eye off the Stachecle (or is it the other way around?), he captured Flayn and attempted to use her as a bargaining chip against Hanneman. Unfortunately, Hanneman was distracted by taking Manuela to the infirmary after she bled on the ground for a month straight, and so Solon's ransom demands didn't get through to him before the students could free Flayn. Kronya, too, was targetting Hanneman, but young people can't tell old men apart, so she shanked Jeralt thinking he was Hanneman. The war was nothing more than a distraction, an attempt to get Hanneman to forget the Stachecle at home so they could take it. But little did they know, Hanneman values his Stachecle even more than he values life itself. So they never got their hands on the precious artifact, and everything was well.

Oh dear, I wrote two paragraphs of nonsense this time.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

After the lazy reuse of the VTX Gespy for Gilliam, giving Irm the VTX Grungust animations makes logical sense.

To be fair, it's more they decided to use the mechs themselves but without their canon pilots for VTX. So when you now want to use the canonical pilots in 30... well, reusing the mechs is inevitable.

And thanks for explaining why he doesn't resemble his Alpha-OG self. I wasn't sure b/c I thought he would look younger for 4th/F.

Yes. For Alpha (and later OG) he and Rin were designed to be older. This "time skip" is also why Grungust and Huckebein development is already at the Type-2 and Mk II points when Alpha and OG start with the Type-3 and Mk. III not far behind.

Hm? Unless they have the Aussenseiter temporarily leave Pferd Mode, it'll all be Zankanto, barring maybe a kick or stomp.

I mean, having only like 2-3 attacks isn't strange these days. But yes, alternatively they can have an attack or two where Aussenseiter transforms and attacks on its own.

SRX is already a little stacked.:

1. Gaun Genocider
  2. Hi-Finger Launcher
  3. Zine Knuckle
  4. Blade Kick
  5. Dominion Ball (I know- not in 30.)
    1. OG1 and thus OGs has "Supreme Sword" as a weaker sword technique.
  6. TK Burst Slash
  7. HTB Cannon (I know- not in 30.)

So now it's nine canonical moves. Biased much? 

Well, it's the SRX so... yeah. XD

As I want the DGGs, I guess I'll have to spend as well. Although, SRW might not get another game this year I would think, the pandemic exception letting them break the -impressive- tradition and instead swapping to DLC for the latest title. And then next year it's 3rd OG time.

The year is still young. We might see something revealed in Summer with another game release happening on Autumn. 30 was revealed in June with the game released in October after all.

And if not... well, DD still going, so there's no lack of SRW content regardless.

Curious, does anyone else here feel like 3H was a bit biased towards Edelgard/BE route? 

I mean, it IS unique and if memory serves, her Growth total is better then the other 2 MCs. 

Giving her the galeforce effect on her weapon. 

The first arc is mostly revolved around her.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

not really. If anything first arc was more Kingdom focused with 3 chapters being directly related to the kingdom iirc - no matter which class you chose

I mean, it IS unique and if memory serves, her Growth total is better then the other 2 MCs. 

She also has the worst unique class, and from my 4 different runs Edelgard was by far the weakest one (and Dimitiri was Ike/Sigurd levels of OP, while Claude was right where i want a lord to be, with a unique class in bow Flier and cool abilities, but you have to be careful)

Curious, does anyone else here feel like 3H was a bit biased towards Edelgard/BE route? 

The only thing really going for them imo is them having the most unique route and no Hunting by Daybreak. Other than that they have the shortest route, and Edelgard is highly divisive.

Edited by Shrimpolaris

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Giving her the galeforce effect on her weapon. 

3H's marketing was biased towards Edelgard. The game itself wasn't.

Her route has hidden requirements and if you don't meet them, you're railroaded to one of three routes where she becomes a villain. If you do get her route, it's much shorter, much less polished and much more obviously rushed than the rest. Also, the first arc doesn't really revolve around her at all. If you're not in her house, she's barely a presence until the reveal, when she becomes more relevant... as a villain. If you're in her house, she... still doesn't really do much? Pre-timeskip all three of the lords are in a similar situation (Dimitri to a lesser extent because of his late development), where they just sort of exist and react to events happening around them, but Byleth is more of a driving force. Even though they're a soulless husk.

If anything, I'd say Blue Lions feels like it got far more focus. Some early bosses have connections to their students specifically, something the rest don't get, and their route gets more anime cutscenes (read, one more, but Dimitri going mad is a really important scene, it gives a weight to the reveal scene that none of the other routes get) and is the most polished and cared for of the three routes that feel like copies of one another.

They just chose to use the waifu for marketing because waifus sell. And hey, it worked. But the game itself isn't biased towards her at all.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The year is still young. We might see something revealed in Summer with another game release happening on Autumn. 30 was revealed in June with the game released in October after all.

Didn't realize Banpresto could be so sudden with the reveals, I've gotten a little too used to the AAA titles that get announced five years in advance of their actual release.

I didn't question the ability to put out though. *Checks the chronology* Three new entries and two ports in 2001, to pick what appears to have been the most prolific year.

Also "Mysterious Mercenary"? It's like that hero of shadow nonsense again. He is a self-insert Mary Sue. He couldn't be less interesting and "mysterious" if he tried.

At least leave it to the actual characters to fellatiate the self-insert.

Edited by BrightBow

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

NGL, they don't exactly look good

Glad i'm not the only one. But at least they are an actual character this time.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not gonna lie, at this point I'd be perfectly fine with an avatar in the next FE as long as they move far, far away from the Byleth approach. Let me customize the avatar, in every possible way. If you're not going to let me customize the avatar, there's absolutely no point in having one, because then it's just a set character that has no personality for no reason.

Do the Xenoblade X thing where the avatar is just along for the ride while the actual protagonist takes the spotlight.

Haven't played Awakening in a couple of days. Partly because the modder missed a couple of paralogues when purging same turn reinforcements from the game and I was trying to hold out for the patch that he promised. Still hasn't come out, but it's okay. I also didn't have much opportunity to play these last few days, anyway. Tomorrow I'll endeavor to fix this terrible lack of awakenings and continue my adventures in the best worst FE of all time. I must complete the goals. I must not falter. For Gregor!

46 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Also "Mysterious Mercenary"? It's like that hero of shadow nonsense again. He is a self-insert Mary Sue. He couldn't be less interesting and "mysterious" if he tried.

At least leave it to the actual characters to fellatiate the self-insert.

I do find it rather funny that Fodlan has multiple layers of no-personality self-insert husks now. It's like two kids trying to one-up each other's fanfiction. "MY mysterious, cold mercenary is way cooler, he has neon pink hair!" "No, mine's cooler, he's the villain in the second part, because he's just so mysterious and cold!"

...But at least I can give the new one that their designs are better. The imaginary friend, too, has a better design. Not that this was such a high bar to clear, but it's nice.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Do the Xenoblade X thing where the avatar is just along for the ride while the actual protagonist takes the spotlight.

That'd be the best approach, I agree.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not gonna lie, at this point I'd be perfectly fine with an avatar in the next FE as long as they move far, far away from the Byleth approach. Let me customize the avatar, in every possible way. If you're not going to let me customize the avatar, there's absolutely no point in having one, because then it's just a set character that has no personality for no reason.

Seeing how it took Animal Crossing 20 years to allow different skin colors for your character I'm curious on how long it'll take Avatar centered Fire Emblem games to allow that possibility.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Come now. It's one thing to be horny, it's another to join a cult. We aren't THAT lost!

I consider myself wholesomely horny.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ehhhh not true, I would say. Compared to Kris, Robin had more hair colors, more hair styles, more face customization and even different body types, which Kris lacked completely. You couldn't change their initial class, but they could reclass to anything. Corrin did cut down on the visual options slightly, with only two body types compared to Robin's three, but it wasn't that big of a drop, and due to the changes to the reclass system, Corrin could be reclassed far earlier than Robin.

This might be more of a personal thing but avatars are almost a "You can't have a cake and eat it too" situation where I can't bring myself to actually customize the avatar if they already feel like a fleshed out character in their own right. An example being Robin. I never change Robin in my Awakening playthroughs and the few times I have it just felt off, Robin doesn't feel like a conduit for the player to me, they're a character with personality, goals and backstory. Maybe not the deepest character mind you but certainly a character.

Corrin on the other hand changes their personality depending on what the story needs and thus feels pretty empty, which makes it easier to mess around with them in character customization. It's a small thing but it makes each playthrough feel different when you bring out a crazy new corrin design, especially if you roleplay a little and add your own backstory to the character. It's a lot of fun

So that's my dilemma with avatars. On one hand, an avatar who's a decent character will not be an avatar I'll want to change. On the other hand, an avatar who I'll end up customizing differently every playthrough will likely fall flat on the character part, I can never have both.

Unless I can also fully customize their personality and backstory.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

it really has been almost two years since the start of teehee huh

damn

And I'm so glad to be apart of at least a few months of those two years.

6 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Seeing how it took Animal Crossing 20 years to allow different skin colors for your character I'm curious on how long it'll take Avatar centered Fire Emblem games to allow that possibility.

...hoo boy.

I consider myself wholesomely horny.

Don't we all? And yet...

This might be more of a personal thing but avatars are almost a "You can't have a cake and eat it too" situation where I can't bring myself to actually customize the avatar if they already feel like a fleshed out character in their own right. An example being Robin. I never change Robin in my Awakening playthroughs and the few times I have it just felt off, Robin doesn't feel like a conduit for the player to me, they're a character with personality, goals and backstory. Maybe not the deepest character mind you but certainly a character.

Corrin on the other hand changes their personality depending on what the story needs and thus feels pretty empty, which makes it easier to mess around with them in character customization. It's a small thing but it makes each playthrough feel different when you bring out a crazy new corrin design, especially if you roleplay a little and add your own backstory to the character. It's a lot of fun

So that's my dilemma with avatars. On one hand, an avatar who's a decent character will not be an avatar I'll want to change. On the other hand, an avatar who I'll end up customizing differently every playthrough will likely fall flat on the character part, I can never have both.

Unless I can also fully customize their personality and backstory.

Understandable.

especially if you roleplay a little and add your own backstory to the character. It's a lot of fun

Ohoho, oh yeah, I know this very well. I believe you joined after the Kabbãge Saga... I had so much fun developing my awful avatar through three runs of Fates and Awakening as she became progressively more insane because of all of her failures. It was great.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Horns...

"Tampoco eres cornudo. Tengo que solucionar esto."

Garfield no

Edited by Saint Rubenio

my view on the Byleth/Avatar matter copied from a discussion i had the other day

de3GLM3.png

And thus generally i don't mind silent protags nor do i find them a cardboard, and in quite a few cases i find myself prefering a silent protag over a one that speaks

Edited by Shrimpolaris

Basically my view.

Thing is, I don't want to play a game with these kind of scumbags as a protagonist. Let alone seeing them constantly get deified and fellatiated.

Edited by BrightBow

I have changed my mind, I'm gonna play some Waking now. I was going to do Laurent's paralogue, but his is one of the paralogues that still have same turn reinforcements, so I'll give it a day, see if the mod is updated. If not, I guess I'll just grin and bear.

So let's do Noire instead.

https://images2.imgbox.com/3a/f0/cOPdrr9U_o.png

Meh... Not the most engaging of characters, I see.

https://images2.imgbox.com/27/cc/NT607GaS_o.png

Oh God.

Take me now.

Anyway, I have changed my mind, this isn't the paralogue I want to play. The jump in difficulty is insane, everything is promoted. I need to promote more characters of my own before I take this on. Not to mention get Olivia married so I can stop dragging Lon'qu's death weight around.

Inigo's paralogue will be harder, but then Brady's will be easier.

The child paralogue difficulties are in order of when the mother joins, after all. Unless the mod tweaked that. It's always a 2 level increase per paralogue.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Inigo's paralogue will be harder, but then Brady's will be easier.

The child paralogue difficulties are in order of when the mother joins, after all. Unless the mod tweaked that. It's always a 2 level increase per paralogue.

Ohh, so that's why Kjelle was compartively easier.

Well, fuck. I can't access Brady until Olivia marries, and that'll need so many maps that... Actually, it might be better to just get to chapter 15, after all!

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Severa's paralogue will likely be hell

it already was in vanilla Awakening on hard and above lmao

Good thing Severa is very low on my list of priorities.

Edited by Saint Rubenio