Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

My anticipation of Xenoblade 3 is through the roof right now, I cannot imagine having to wait until September lmao. We avoided the bad timeline.

35 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Just 12 more days until Cezar Saga.

The duality of man.

Anyway, yeah, Cezar Saga. I haven't talked much about VS2 storywise. It has Vestaria's trademark grand scope, with lots of things happening at once and tons of characters being developed and doing things concurrently. Like VS1, it feels like a piece in a massive ongoing puzzle, though rest assured, it's a fair bit less inconclusive than VS1 was. It has a lot of great moments and wonderfully unique and fun characters to behold. It also has a bunch oof moments where Kaga would've seriously benefitted from employing an editor.

Zero complaints about Cezar, though. Cezar is an excellent character in this game. Best tactician we've ever seen since August himself.

20 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Pettiness for the hell of it eh?

Basically just a bunch of gatekeepers whining and crying that kids were commenting stuff like "lololololol I was searching for Megalovania and found this instead". Failing to realize they could simply respond with "no, it's not Megalovania, but stay and take a listen while I tell you all about this other game, hey fun fact did you know Toby Fox named it Megalovania as a nod to this song, see Toby Fox was a fan too you should play this game" and actually create some more LaL fans.

Is it cheaper?

The Carrefour Glitch consistently nets me Switch games at 10 to 15 bucks cheaper.

Cheaper enough for me to consider making a trip to Espana?

...lol Espana. Ahh, that hurt to read...

Anyway, you can probably check out some superstores over in the Land of Ire. Maybe the glitch can be found there as well. Carrefour is a French franchise, after all.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

World 2-8 in Mario+Rabbids kicking my ass rn.

Apply Loogi to the wound.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

So you were living with them?

That would give a bit more context to things.

I haven’t lived with my ex for at least a year. It just means I have a 100% chance of not running into her in public.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

The Carrefour Glitch consistently nets me Switch games at 10 to 15 bucks cheaper.

They use a proxy in their distribution centres to end up getting the game in the end store at no cost.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, you can probably check out some superstores over in the Land of Ire. Maybe the glitch can be found there as well. Carrefour is a French franchise, after all.

Ah, you do not know what prices are like here then. Being where we are tends to make things a bit pricier to begin with, seeing as much of the distribution on the larger scale goes through other countries before coming here.

Most stuff doesn't drop in price unless it's liable for the bargain bin to begin with, though some places are a bit cheaper than others on some titles I suspect I'd find more consistent luck elsewhere.

No Carrefour here either.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Basically just a bunch of gatekeepers whining and crying that kids were commenting stuff like "lololololol I was searching for Megalovania and found this instead". Failing to realize they could simply respond with "no, it's not Megalovania, but stay and take a listen while I tell you all about this other game, hey fun fact did you know Toby Fox named it Megalovania as a nod to this song, see Toby Fox was a fan too you should play this game" and actually create some more LaL fans.

A shame the Just Play Livealive video only was made this year.

Oh well about the gatekeeping, unfortunate that was the response, but least there's this game now.

1 minute ago, WraithReborn said:

I haven’t lived with my ex for at least a year. It just means I have a 100% chance of not running into her in public.

Ah, so you were still in a place where you'd run into them the last while, but not anymore.

32 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

They use a proxy in their distribution centres to end up getting the game in the end store at no cost.

Hahaha... Well, my parents' theory is that they sell cheap videogames to get folks who otherwise wouldn't be likely to go there. Then hey, I see a box of biscuits I like, or maybe I'm gonna replace my drifitng joycons, or maybe I'll buy groceries while I'm there. And just like that, I've made a good number of purchases, while I would've made exactly zero if I hadn't gone there to buy a videogame for cheap.

Ah, you do not know what prices are like here then. Being where we are tends to make things a bit pricier to begin with, seeing as much of the distribution on the larger scale goes through other countries before coming here.

Most stuff doesn't drop in price unless it's liable for the bargain bin to begin with, though some places are a bit cheaper than others on some titles I suspect I'd find more consistent luck elsewhere.

Oh, dear. Sounds unfortunate...

No Carrefour here either.

O O F

A shame the Just Play Livealive video only was made this year.

Oof 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Oh well about the gatekeeping, unfortunate that was the response, but least there's this game now.

We live in the good timeline, we do.

27 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Gonna be fun to play a Vestaria Saga game with 100% less Lyttia.

"I know I wrote that she had Tallan literally tortured until he nearly bled out from his grievous whipping injuries because she's a spoiled, evil piece of shit, but...

Yeah, imma ship them."

- The Kaga thought process.

Rest assured, each and every one of VS2's refreshers is better than Lyttia. And... Honestly, so are the romances. It gets pretty bleh, but not nearly as bleh as "victim of slavery and torture falls in love with his tormentor and this is apparently a good thing because Kaga."

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahaha... Well, my parents' theory is that they sell cheap videogames to get folks who otherwise wouldn't be likely to go there. Then hey, I see a box of biscuits I like, or maybe I'm gonna replace my drifitng joycons, or maybe I'll buy groceries while I'm there. And just like that, I've made a good number of purchases, while I would've made exactly zero if I hadn't gone there to buy a videogame for cheap.

It's certainly easier in a larger supermarché, compared to a store selling a particular range of goods to pull that off.

Speaking of joycons, I should look into repairing mine.

7 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

A dramatization of GuardianSing after beating Revelations:

I'm more or less just excited to get back into Fire Emblem and continue the Sàgh-a-lie trilogy. My Chinook heart is singing!

38 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Alright, time to play Revelations.

https://images2.imgbox.com/2a/b4/KyLGx5yT_o.png

15 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

It's certainly easier in a larger supermarché, compared to a store selling a particular range of goods to pull that off.

Yeah, it's a fair strategy for them.

25 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Hey Rubenio, I didn’t know you sported a beard!

This reply is amazing on so many levels, I failed to register some of them the first time around.

What a literary masterpiece. 10/10

Finally started Kirby and the Forgotten Land.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

My anticipation of Xenoblade 3 is through the roof right now, I cannot imagine having to wait until September lmao. We avoided the bad timeline.

Not to me, given where I fall in the duodecimal cyclical structure of temporal organization whose origins go back to ancient and classical society in the Mediterranean Sea, based around the planetary orbiting of a star, with an effort to keep the 28-31 day units of the system consistently of the same climate year-after-year. 

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"I know I wrote that she had Tallan literally tortured until he nearly bled out from his grievous whipping injuries because she's a spoiled, evil piece of shit, but...

Yeah, imma ship them."

- The Kaga thought process.

Rest assured, each and every one of VS2's refreshers is better than Lyttia. And... Honestly, so are the romances. It gets pretty bleh, but not nearly as bleh as "victim of slavery and torture falls in love with his tormentor and this is apparently a good thing because Kaga."

It's strange how it tries to be Aegina and Rosalie but like... without the rather important detail that Aegina didn't actually keep Rosalie as a slave after buying her.

Evidently Kaga did realize that Tallan considering Lyttia his savior did not make a lot of sense while she keeps him as a slave. Resulting in the very first instance of implied rape-intent of a male characters, just so that Lyttia's treatment can be seen as better then what Tallan would have faced under a different buyer.

That being said, I can't help but kind of love the concept of a dancer being reinterpreted as an angry gremlin beating the crap out of everyone.

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This reply is amazing on so many levels, I failed to register some of them the first time around.

What a literary masterpiece. 10/10

Well if it makes you feel better Rubenio I’ve gone through 8 of the 9 Sherlock Holmes books and am currently on the last one.

36 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It's strange how it tries to be Aegina and Rosalie but like... without the rather important detail that Aegina didn't actually keep Rosalie as a slave after buying her.

Evidently Kaga did realize that Tallan considering Lyttia his savior did not make a lot of sense while she keeps him as a slave. Resulting in the very first instance of implied rape-intent of a male characters, just so that Lyttia's treatment can be seen as better then what Tallan would have faced under a different buyer.

It might very well be the most morally bankrupt romance Kaga has ever written. She pretty much orders him slowly and painfully executed at one point and gets cold feet at the last second because Garlan basically told her "hey you're an evil bitch, how about you rethink your life?" And then Tallan just... doesn't care, because Tallan's only character trait is that he's the world's punching bag.

Thanks, Kaga.

That being said, I can't help but kind of love the concept of a dancer being reinterpreted as an angry gremlin beating the crap out of everyone.

Yeah, I like this part also. She's utterly horrible and it's great. Y'know, whenever Kaga isn't trying to force that horrible person into a romance with her frigging slave...

Just now, WraithReborn said:

Well if it makes you feel better Rubenio I’ve gone through 8 of the 9 Sherlock Holmes books and am currently on the last one.

Isn't that awesome. Attaboy, Wraith!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It might very well be the most morally bankrupt romance Kaga has ever written. She pretty much orders him slowly and painfully executed at one point and gets cold feet at the last second because Garlan basically told her "hey you're an evil bitch, how about you rethink your life?" And then Tallan just... doesn't care, because Tallan's only character trait is that he's the world's punching bag.

Thanks, Kaga.

I... do not know what you are talking about here, actually.

If it's about the whipping that almost got him killed, that was not something she ordered. Tallan just took the fall for the failed escape attempt she ordered by claiming he kidnapped her, and she was too much of a coward to set the record straight.