• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

Tio

God I hope not. I'm sick of Crossbell and its cast at this point. Inb4 Crossbell gets invaded again, this time by Calvard

Dread Fighter Camilla (completely bonkers so far. Makes her Wyvern self look weak)

Tbf, Dread Fighters ARE busted

Try to make use of Niles and/or Charlotte for once. Niles has been a disappointment, as usual, but i am trying

Trust in GODiles

qz0kPAo.png

Wanted to get early Percy but damn is his paralogue early on hell-ish

I actually recruited Percy right before Chapter 10. Haitaka had to sacrifice himself, but who cares?

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

You mean you aren't?

Rixia's boobs are uncanny valley

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I think that kind of counts as "too much detail" but I appreciate your insight. I'd probably spoiler tag some of it, but I haven't played the game so you can do what you want.

Why though? There's nothing I said that Falcom didn't reveal during the game's promotion. Except maybe the part about having the option to kill the villains

6 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

God I hope not. I'm sick of Crossbell and its cast at this point

Honestly...

I agree lol

Hey, 3rd thing we agree on, and this time no Tio involved (kinda)!

qz0kPAo.png

Let me guess, you married him to Mozu and spent some time (or alot of time, considering the skills i see) as Archer/Sniper? Or is it a Rev Niles?

Then yeah i can see that working, otherwise he would never get 30 skl/27 str.

Mine can never reach 20 in those stats xD

I actually recruited Percy right before Chapter 10.

I tried before chapter 9.

It almost worked too, but at the very end i couldn't handle the rush when i only had like 8 units total

Haitaka had to sacrifice himself, but who cares?

Rip xD

Edited by Shrimpy

1 minute ago, Shrimpy said:

Then yeah i can see that working, otherwise he would never get 30 skl/27 str.

Just looked at my Niles from my Hard Conquest playthrough.

Somehow had capped Spd (I'm more surprised the other Niles didn't to be honest), 26 Str and 31 Res despite being only Bow Knight (and one less level than this one). Skl was 27 too, so it's not like he had accuracy issues. Had 4 more Mag and 4 less Def for some reason though. Also 6 less HP, I wonder if I just get HP screwed in lots of cases.

16 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Haitaka had to sacrifice himself, but who cares?

I care a little

39 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Let me guess, you married him to Mozu and spent some time (or alot of time, considering the skills i see) as Archer/Sniper?

You are correct. You even get a pretty nice Nina with Aptitude.

NB0kJ3m.png

She really wants me to use her this time, eh?

Marry her to Keaton and feel the power of Charlotte!Velouria

11 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I care a little

Tough luck my friend

38 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Blessed

36 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELlPH-nUwAEXsr_?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Not sure what to play on my laptop next with 30 done. I was maybe thinking playing one of the two Ys (Seven and Celceta) I picked up in the Steam summer sale, or maybe Tales of Berseria or Arise nabbed the same (or Symphonia if I want to walk down memory lane).

And I really desire some good distraction right now. Depression is hammering at my wellbeing today. I can't say depression didn't rise up in me during moments of the hours-long SRW30 finale, but it was able to keep it repressed for most of the duration and like an hour or two thereafter. I need noise to sound out the fear of the inevitable and futility of existence.

@Newtype06 Not sure if you're interested, but I saw that Persona 2: Eternal Punishment's Japan-only PSP version got a fan "translation". Quotes b/c someone copypasted the official PS1 translation, which being from the PS1 era, isn't exactly a great translation I'm told. The fan then added in a translation of the PSP-exclusive bonus content, and changed a few names and terms to align with PSP Innocent Sin terminology, and similarly removed the PS1 Persona 1 Americanisms. Seems like there might have been a full new translation in the works, but some took the lazier way out.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I had also completely forgotten the scene with Gori and the female gorilas, which is just... I almost propelled the thread into Flame War Over Fanservice #4762 defending this. Jesus fuck, what was I thinking.

Here you go!

She's 15 BTW.

Whilst above attack is 😒 to me. I do find her crushing over handsome guys (yet being oblivious to the one who loves her) to be innocently youthfully cute.

And...

Screen-Shot-2022-07-27-at-8-27-28-PM.png

I love this spur-of-the-battlefield insult.😛 If only her expression wasn't surprise and concern in this moment.

Screen-Shot-2022-07-27-at-8-35-24-PM.png

Which is why this in the very same fight was much appreciated.😄

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYtlJGbWQAAdFDT?format=png&name=small

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Newtype06 Not sure if you're interested, but I saw that Persona 2: Eternal Punishment's Japan-only PSP version got a fan "translation". Quotes b/c someone copypasted the official PS1 translation, which being from the PS1 era, isn't exactly a great translation I'm told. The fan then added in a translation of the PSP-exclusive bonus content, and changed a few names and terms to align with PSP Innocent Sin terminology, and similarly removed the PS1 Persona 1 Americanisms. Seems like there might have been a full new translation in the works, but some took the lazier way out.

I saw it yesterday, and I'll probably grab it when I replay the series. I just hope it's possible to transfer data from the US version of Innocent Sin.

two 22%...game pls

49 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

it's not like he had accuracy issues

Why is my Niles always blind then unless i use Bronze bow lol. I literally just bought him a bronze bow because he keeps getting hitrates in the 70s with an ironbow AAAAAAAA

49 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Had 4 more Mag and 4 less Def for some reason though. Also 6 less HP

Outlaw/Adventurer/Bow Knight vs. Archer/Sniper levels, i bet.

36 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

You even get a pretty nice Nina with Aptitude

had such a one before. Was pretty good. I dubbed her a Super!Nina even as she was the reason i was able to clear Ryoma's chapter without Cheese

My fav. Nina was my Camilla Nina tho. Mixed magical/physical Archer with double breaker

83O9qoF.png

i did feed her some Spirit dusts tho

36 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Velouria

My Velourias always turned out great, no matter the mother. Any physical mother will work with her.

A Camilla!Velouria i once got

ContxqB.png

Absolute Monster

Peri!Velouria i mainly got for Shelter...still turned out monsterous

9sRjGGH.png+

Unless you give Velouria a magic mother or something, she will kick assssss

Edited by Shrimpy

rBjOKWv.png

just got this guy

Defense and luck and nothing else lol

wth

Aptitude might help in making him much stronger, but i doubt i can get any levels with him to begin with.

Mozu!Percy a dud?

Then again my experience with Percy is that he is best as a rally bot

6Pc6wLM.png

My last Percy, with Beruka as his mom

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Outlaw/Adventurer/Bow Knight vs. Archer/Sniper levels, i bet.

6 less HP feels off though, Sniper has the same HP modifier as Bow Knight and Outlaw's only 10% less compared to the others, shouldn't explain that much.

Similar story with Bow Knight/Outlaw vs. Archer Sniper (0% in the former, 10% in the latter) and only Outlaw gives any Mag (5%).

Power of RNG for you.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Why is my Niles always blind then unless i use Bronze bow lol. I literally just bought him a bronze bow because he keeps getting hitrates in the 70s with an ironbow AAAAAAAA

EMBRACE THE BRONZE

Then again, I'm used to seeing sub 80 for WTD greenies.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

6Pc6wLM.png

Shigure's his friend? Pair his dad with Elise/Felicia and pair him with Nina to make Rallyboy.

(I'd check the Mozu!Percy I made on Hard Rev, but I deleted that file. He was good from what I remember)

The true message

21 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

i did feed her some Spirit dusts tho

I thought Camilla's uber genes could make an unit this good

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

My Velourias always turned out great, no matter the mother. Any physical mother will work with her.

Unless you give Velouria a magic mother or something, she will kick assssss

>looks at my Selena!Velouria

Haha...

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

just got this guy

Defense and luck and nothing else lol

wth

Aptitude might help in making him much stronger, but i doubt i can get any levels with him to begin with.

Mozu!Percy a dud?

Then again my experience with Percy is that he is best as a rally bot

I benched him after he turned out super crappy

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Isn't that you problem? The flying assassin is Skl & Def.

As for Percy himself, 40% Spd growth is only average. 30% Str is the lowest of any Nohr-exclusive child minus Forrest and Ophelia, and his base Str is 4, one lower than Forrest's and just one above Ophelia's. Mozu is 40% Str, so she'll bump it up to 35, still below the rough average of 40, and slapping Aptitude raises it to 45. Spd should be 57% with Aptitude.

And I thought you wanted balanced wyvern riders too. Be careful what you wish for.😛

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

FINALLY! SRW30 is done!🎉 Took me 175 missions, including DLC and the Relic battles, but oddly not any of the simulator fights, which would've put things closer to 200. Play time was 159.3 hours.

Final battles went smoothly. I'm surprised twenty enemies with 30k HP, Double Action, Potential Lvl 7 and SP Down on their strongest attack didn't take more than two turns to clear out. But, since everyone could start battles with like 200 SP, a 50-60 cast of Valor/Soul/Bravery/Love meant I could skip the Potential nuisance and OHKO the baddies. The final boss mech was disappointing boring visually, and its final attack was a poorly animated knockoff of the Zweizergain's, and two phases with the final boss looking no different between the phases? Boo. Still managed to kill it one turn both times. The writing entertained enough including the ending, I appreciated the lead of every series getting a final boss conversation for both phases, including the free and paid DLC characters. Gave the final blow to Mitsuba.

I see there is a postgame, unusual for SRW, but I'm not gonna touch it. I need a looooong break from SRW unless 3rd OG suddenly drops. I kinda regret missing one of the secret characters and not getting the Expansion Pack, since I'm not readily going to do another playthrough of this game because of how long it is.

And indeed, that length weighs down on SRW30. Thankfully, I'm told Banpresto doesn't intend to keep 30's format going for the immediate future of SRW, this was a one-off. I can excuse most complaints longtime franchise players have of animation quality b/c I don't know any better other than OGs. But this game's duration is brutal. Technically there are a lot of battles that are "optional", however why would you skip on chances for more credits, PP, MXP, and possibly units, mechs, attacks, parts, supporters, and story? On a first playthrough, you probably wouldn't, if I'm a measure to go by. The absence of map design (OGs had a greater semblance most of the time) and overall ease of the game are issues, but I don't mind them too much personally. I'm not a hardcore strategy junkie, I do appreciate organized challenge from time to time, yet I retain room for appreciating the mindless. I don't get too bored of flashy animations and nice battle music.

Overall, I enjoyed my first taste of mainline SRW.😃 I admit to skipping most of the story when the game began, but my cold outer shell melted down and I took in the full load of licensed anime plots as things progressed. I'm not very likely to watch any of the anime themselves, but sure, throw them at me in video games! Although individual franchises and characters varied in quality and likability, overall I was quite satisfied with the writing. The amount of text, which makes Fire Emblem look like a rhyming couplet, is enormous, particularly in so damn long an SRW, yet it kept me going.

Will emulate -and hopefully buy- more SRW in the future for sure. Just, not tomorrow.

Congrats on finishing!

I suppose the mostly freestyle approach was for the benefit of the "official" international audience. How much SRW you want out of any playthrough. Ease them up into it. Good experiemnt, but yeah, next would be the idea to go back to form for the audience you've hooked.

Most SRWs are between 35-60 battles per playthrough. You're maybe one-third or one-quarter of the way in.

J is like over 50+, so closer on one-quarter. But then J actually has quite a few "two maps in one chapter", so the number is technically even higher.

20 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

The true message

'Tis alright, they all died anyway.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

47 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

J is like over 50+, so closer on one-quarter. But then J actually has quite a few "two maps in one chapter", so the number is technically even higher.

Good to know. If I'm going to emulate another SRW, J might be the best choice for me right now.

• The translated Classicverse stuff is probably too dated for me (although I would consider part of EX just to clarify for myself the details of Shu's past, seeing that I'll be sixty by the time Dark Prison gets translated). 
  • W I've seen comments saying as having some of the best writing in SRW, yet it has GGG and GxS, both of which I've just gone through. (And I will say 30 handed both of those series rather well. GGG had excellent units, and presentation gusto in spades. While The Claw oozed psychotic cultic charisma when you finally got to fight him.) And the Ardygun family might OG debut in 3rd, so I want to see their storyline first in OG if I have the ability to do so. (J and GC are machine-translated Moon Dwellers on an aging console I don't have, I don't have the ability for MD, and even if I did the charm would be impaired.)
  • I see GC only overlaps on L-Gaim and classic UC Gundam (which I sense is frequently inevitable), but I think I want to sideline Pentagona for a while too.
  • A Portable I really want to consider. But then, I've seen comments saying this game is torture with the player hit rates (but Bullseye means it can't be that bad), and enemies hit pretty hard too.
  • Alpha Gaiden seems a tad dated, if not as much as the Classicverse. Sanger's debut and how the Earth Cradle/Ancestors are handled also catches my interest. In retrospect, I think OG2's Rest Beneath the Earth was both too much and not enough in a single battle. It was epic don't get me wrong, but standing back... my feelings are a little mixed.

Thus, J seems like the next best game.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Good to know. If I'm going to emulate another SRW, J might be the best choice for me right now.

• The translated Classicverse stuff is probably too dated for me (although I would consider part of EX just to clarify for myself the details of Shu's past, seeing that I'll be sixty by the time Dark Prison gets translated). 
  • W I've seen comments saying as having some of the best writing in SRW, yet it has GGG and GxS, both of which I've just gone through. (And I will say 30 handed both of those series rather well. GGG had excellent units, and presentation gusto in spades. While The Claw oozed psychotic cultic charisma when you finally got to fight him.) And the Ardygun family might OG debut in 3rd, so I want to see their storyline first in OG if I have the ability to do so. (J and GC are machine-translated Moon Dwellers on an aging console I don't have, I don't have the ability for MD, and even if I did the charm would be impaired.)
  • I see GC only overlaps on L-Gaim and classic UC Gundam (which I sense is frequently inevitable), but I think I want to sideline Pentagona for a while too.
  • A Portable I really want to consider. But then, I've seen comments saying this game is torture with the player hit rates (but Bullseye means it can't be that bad), and enemies hit pretty hard too.
  • Alpha Gaiden seems a tad dated, if not as much as the Classicverse. Sanger's debut and how the Earth Cradle/Ancestors are handled also catches my interest. In retrospect, I think OG2's Rest Beneath the Earth was both too much and not enough in a single battle. It was epic don't get me wrong, but standing back... my feelings are a little mixed.

Thus, J seems like the next best game.

The PSX remakes (Complete Box which has 2, 3, and EX; 4 Scramble, and F/FF; entire Classicverse on PSX) are closer to classic SRW formula, if still a bit dated compared to newer games. But yeah, no fan translation for those.

GGG in W is the original TV show plus FINAL, so it'd still be a new experience. GxS isn't in W. It's in K when it comes to the DS games, but not W.

GC doesn't overlap much when it comes to UC Gundam. 30 focused on Victory and Narrative for the most part, while GC is like the one SRW game that covers the One Year War faithfully, and not as an altered version of its events (as 2, 3, and the first Alpha do). It was like the last time we saw the likes of 0080 War in the Pocket and The 08th Team in mainline SRW, so yeah, you won't see the same experience. Haha, Pentagona was too much with just one game? It'd still be a fresh take since context will be different.

Certainly, AP is a tough one, from what I heard. Not just enemy hit rates but also the Evade exhaustion mechanic. Still, not too bad, I'd hope. You can also get a taste of classic Getter and Mazinger this way.

It's not that bad, as it were. Though perhaps you might wait until Alpha is done being translated. So... still quite a while, hah, but both Alpha and Alpha Gaiden can be put in the backburner for a bit, then, should you choose another game.

Not a bad choice with J as the next after 30. That said, if you do J, then don't go to W right after. J and W share quite a few series between them, and while W's two-part structure means you'll still get new stuff, it will be mostly a repeated experienced for the first one, so best put a game or two in-between them so it doesn't feel too redundant.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The PSX remakes (Complete Box which has 2, 3, and EX; 4 Scramble, and F/FF; entire Classicverse on PSX) are closer to classic SRW formula, if still a bit dated compared to newer games. But yeah, no fan translation for those.

What is 4 Scramble exactly? I wouldn't think it an official mod where all laser beams are replaced by egg yolk.

28 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

GGG in W is the original TV show plus FINAL, so it'd still be a new experience. GxS isn't in W. It's in K when it comes to the DS games, but not W.

GC doesn't overlap much when it comes to UC Gundam. 30 focused on Victory and Narrative for the most part, while GC is like the one SRW game that covers the One Year War faithfully, and not as an altered version of its events (as 2, 3, and the first Alpha do). It was like the last time we saw the likes of 0080 War in the Pocket and The 08th Team in mainline SRW, so yeah, you won't see the same experience. Haha, Pentagona was too much with just one game? It'd still be a fresh take since context will be different.

Certainly, AP is a tough one, from what I heard. Not just enemy hit rates but also the Evade exhaustion mechanic. Still, not too bad, I'd hope. You can also get a taste of classic Getter and Mazinger this way.

It's not that bad, as it were. Though perhaps you might wait until Alpha is done being translated. So... still quite a while, hah, but both Alpha and Alpha Gaiden can be put in the backburner for a bit, then, should you choose another game.

Not a bad choice with J as the next after 30. That said, if you do J, then don't go to W right after. J and W share quite a few series between them, and while W's two-part structure means you'll still get new stuff, it will be mostly a repeated experienced for the first one, so best put a game or two in-between them so it doesn't feel too redundant.

Thank you for the clarifications and advice!

My K mistake comes from looking up the Eldora's attacks for the briefest moment. I forgot which game it was, I only remembered the-charming-and-distinctive-from-GBA DS-era spritework. W is the easiest to remember as being a DS title too, b/c double = dual = dual screens.

As for Pentagona, I'd like to change it up, and L-Gaim hasn't appeared in that many games either. I saw one comment saying that pre-30, GC was the series's last appearance barring UX. So I want to spread it out if possible.

When Alpha 1 escapes semi-translated limbo is anyone's guess. But it wouldn't surprise if whoever picked it up had to toss the old translation out the window and start from scratch.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What is 4 Scramble exactly? I wouldn't think it an official mod where all laser beams are replaced by egg yolk.

Haha. Scramble is basically like a remaster. Updates SNES to PSX graphics, adds voice acting, but most importantly adds some more content and tweaks some already present one.

Thank you for the clarifications and advice!

My K mistake comes from looking up the Eldora's attacks for the briefest moment. I forgot which game it was, I only remembered the-charming-and-distinctive-from-GBA DS-era spritework. W is the easiest to remember as being a DS title too, b/c double = dual = dual screens.

Haha, indeed. Like how A in the GBA version was for, naturally, Advance. Or SRW 64 and CG also being quite obvious to guess. XD

As for Pentagona, I'd like to change it up, and L-Gaim hasn't appeared in that many games either. I saw one comment saying that pre-30, GC was the series's last appearance barring UX. So I want to spread it out if possible.

Well, for starters, you might actually go to Pentagona itself rather than Pentagona going to Earth. lol

Ah, no, L-Gaim wasn't in UX. That was Dunbine, who was making a return after not being seen since Compact 3. On that subject, both showed up together in Operation Exceed, but yeah, as far as mainline SRW went, GC/XO was L-Gaim's last until 30.

When Alpha 1 escapes semi-translated limbo is anyone's guess. But it wouldn't surprise if whoever picked it up had to toss the old translation out the window and start from scratch.

I don't think it was really that bad. It'd be just a matter of finishing what's left to translate.

Oh, also forgot. The first Compact game also adapts the One Year War part-way... kinda. Like the non-GC examples, it's more of an AU OYW already, thanks to Compact's backstory.

On that subject, I'm reminded that every now and then I have a desire to make my own SRW type of plot. For years I've long thought up what the OG elements would be, though I'll also say I've been quite ambitious, wanting to basically make it a multi-"game" endeavor like Classicverse, or Alphaverse, or Zverse. I might just cut it down to one game if it proves too much, hahaha.

Though back on Compact, I've also tried to, as practice, make basically a Compact+, as a kind of test-drive of seeing if I can outline a SRW game. Helps Compact is like the one SRW without OG stuff (barring the original version of SRW 1, since the remake it got added Cybuster and an expansion mission pack with its own OG final boss), so I felt it made it easier. As a rough outline, I increased the game's length from 33 missions to like ~70. Quite the increase there, hahaha. I might actually do it, since as I mentioned yesterday with that DQV fanfic idea, I also wanted to do the same but with SRW. And again, felt using Compact since... well, it actually stands out in some things, and not just in the "No OG" detail.

Well anyway...

Can you imagine if SRW going global could lead to...?