Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think you were still around for the Riff video, so... Not much. I've been making a Sacred Stones hack. That's about it. I have no plans to add lolis, so I'm afraid it won't appeal to you.

Riff video?

Oh, well...

I prefer hot lady knights anyway

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll give you a sneak peek of a few characters.

wWNAOF2Z_o.png

You may recognize a couple of faces there.

Wait, what's Frost doing with that name? Also, that corpse...... I'm assuming he'll have more that a claw attack right?

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Riff video

Saw that actually, shame he didn't get to kill Medeus.

Reveal hidden contents

Heh, well... From your wording I wasn't sure if you'd gotten around to continuing yet.

Yes, Sin of Odio left me quite wide-eyed. Odio's fabulous new form, everyone getting a turn against it, Oersted having a little redemption moment after everyone else was taken down, Gigalovania... Awesome stuff all around.

So, now that it's clear I've finished it:

Spoiler

When it started with the first music piece we heard from this remake, I thought we'd get solely a rendition of the main theme, so the composition of tracks we did get in Gigalovania was pleasing in it's larger variety. Course, the fight itself was a bit easier than what we already faced, but it's a fight where you get all the characters on the field at once, that was amazing any way you slice it.

As for the story, first off dangit Squeenix let me screenshot stuff because I'd like to come back to it as needed. Second, I'm going to need a moment to go into it.

*inhale

So, Cube's trial tripped me up a bit with me misunderstanding the mirrors, Sundown's was... well I expected the fight to go a lot worse if I was honest, after seeing the secret bosses I have to say the Headhunter's handled the best of them because he's sent to kill you if you run away from Odio, which was definitely fitting (as an aside, Death Prophet's a neat concept but a pain to force, Lucretius was probably the coolest as a harder fight and due to it unlocking information on the world as it stands and the other boss got bodied because of course it did.). Odio of course is as absolute in humanity deserving to suck a lemon and even gets to calling out everyone for their selfish wants, which of course is plenty rich giving what we know. Then of course the Odio fight was tense, but I thought I'd do a lot worse in terms of damage dealt to me, even with for instance Saint Alathea blasting Oboro to near death. After both phases was the bit where you fight all the bosses and from the original that's the end right?

Nope.

Sin of Odio like I said wasn't all that with the levels I had, but Odio taking Oersted and covering him to protect itself was certainly an image, then Oersted overcoming Odio and fights it was a surprise, showing that he wasn't solely evil all along (but the shame is I didn't overlevel him so he could use his ult in the end)! And then you get the character quote and for all that I debated Masaru feeling appropriate to lead the party, the line he gives to Oersted's genuinely real good and I was happy to have taken the "sub-optiomal" lead. That's where we then get the credits and the new title screen that can't happen in the story but it's cool, shut up. Getting to see Oersted actually confront what he had taken into himself arguably could be considered as undermining the story, but you know what it still works. He doesn't get off scott free, he still passes on, but he actually makes a physical effort aside from taking advice on board. And that was a good call.

The bad ending only showing a dead Oersted as the others leave him there with The Cycle Continues as the end bit..... does that mean Oersted would be resurrected? That the party could be controlled? I'm a bit lost on that.

Gameplay wise, turns out the secret to making Masaru good is giving him a bunch of Sp. Atk. boosting equipment and spamming Worldbreaker, it does work that's for sure.

Any reason to charge into playing all the routes for the endgame other than because I'd want to?

56 minutes ago, Punished06 said:

Between my final paper, visits from relatives and back pain, I didn't have time to do almost anything.

Not hard to see why, are things clearing out of your schedule at least?

56 minutes ago, Punished06 said:

Did I miss something important this week?

This today I guess:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611cac40c1d16a83ba556

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think you were still around for the Riff video, so... Not much. I've been making a Sacred Stones hack. That's about it. I have no plans to add lolis, so I'm afraid it won't appeal to you.

Not even one that's actually a robot sent to kill the lord?

34 minutes ago, Benice said:

izBbKpQ.png

Graphic design is my passion.

The word below that sticker must have made it too dangerous to display and they just want it gone.

Edited by Punished Dayni

Hahaha I have to edit all of Ewan's palettes. All of them.

Aaaaaa--

Anyway, what do you guys think would be a good name for a male valkyrie class? I've been trying to come up with something for a while, but I can't seem to do it.

31 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Wait, what's Frost doing with that name?

He's not Frost. He has glasses, you see. And he's green. Totally different OC don't steal.

Also, that corpse...... I'm assuming he'll have more that a claw attack right?

He'll have all the claw attacks!

...No, I'm not giving him weapons. Why would I do something so silly?

Saw that actually, shame he didn't get to kill Medeus.

Impossible. Medeus cancels out magic. Luckily I had an almost as meme-worthy contender for the final kill.

So, now that it's clear I've finished it:

Hide contents

When it started with the first music piece we heard from this remake, I thought we'd get solely a rendition of the main theme, so the composition of tracks we did get in Gigalovania was pleasing in it's larger variety. Course, the fight itself was a bit easier than what we already faced, but it's a fight where you get all the characters on the field at once, that was amazing any way you slice it.

As for the story, first off dangit Squeenix let me screenshot stuff because I'd like to come back to it as needed. Second, I'm going to need a moment to go into it.

*inhale

So, Cube's trial tripped me up a bit with me misunderstanding the mirrors, Sundown's was... well I expected the fight to go a lot worse if I was honest, after seeing the secret bosses I have to say the Headhunter's handled the best of them because he's sent to kill you if you run away from Odio, which was definitely fitting (as an aside, Death Prophet's a neat concept but a pain to force, Lucretius was probably the coolest as a harder fight and due to it unlocking information on the world as it stands and the other boss got bodied because of course it did.). Odio of course is as absolute in humanity deserving to suck a lemon and even gets to calling out everyone for their selfish wants, which of course is plenty rich giving what we know. Then of course the Odio fight was tense, but I thought I'd do a lot worse in terms of damage dealt to me, even with for instance Saint Alathea blasting Oboro to near death. After both phases was the bit where you fight all the bosses and from the original that's the end right?

Nope.

Sin of Odio like I said wasn't all that with the levels I had, but Odio taking Oersted and covering him to protect itself was certainly an image, then Oersted overcoming Odio and fights it was a surprise, showing that he wasn't solely evil all along (but the shame is I didn't overlevel him so he could use his ult in the end)! And then you get the character quote and for all that I debated Masaru feeling appropriate to lead the party, the line he gives to Oersted's genuinely real good and I was happy to have taken the "sub-optiomal" lead. That's where we then get the credits and the new title screen that can't happen in the story but it's cool, shut up. Getting to see Oersted actually confront what he had taken into himself arguably could be considered as undermining the story, but you know what it still works. He doesn't get off scott free, he still passes on, but he actually makes a physical effort aside from taking advice on board. And that was a good call.

The bad ending only showing a dead Oersted as the others leave him there with The Cycle Continues as the end bit..... does that mean Oersted would be resurrected? That the party could be controlled? I'm a bit lost on that.

Gameplay wise, turns out the secret to making Masaru good is giving him a bunch of Sp. Atk. boosting equipment and spamming Worldbreaker, it does work that's for sure.

Any reason to charge into playing all the routes for the endgame other than because I'd want to?

Spoiler

Live a Live good. That just about sums it up.

Anyway, yeah. Odio's fight was improved from the original, I seem to recall it being way easier, Sundown's hurricane couldn't quite demolish it in one blow anymore. Sin of Odio was an excellent extra. I agree with your points about Oersted. He tried, in the end, which is pretty great, all things considered.

What do you mean all the routes for the endgame? You mean start as every character? The only major change is their speech to Oersted at the end. They all say some pretty interesting things, but it's better to watch a compilation of that. Too much trouble to play the entire thing over and over just for that.

Not even one that's actually a robot sent to kill the lord?

That is the only circumstance under which I would add a loli.

And no.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahaha I have to edit all of Ewan's palettes. All of them.

Aaaaaa--

Anyway, what do you guys think would be a good name for a male valkyrie class? I've been trying to come up with something for a while, but I can't seem to do it

I didnt know you were creating a mod! 

What plans so you have? Just editing the base game or creating custom events amd such?

7 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Are either of the games worth playing?

VS1 7/10

VS2 i think i will rate 8/10

VS1 is like the missing link between Thracia and Berwick, and VS2 is just Thracia 2.0

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

10 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

I'd have to say do that with Tellius, because those prices are definitely something offputting.

I can technically afford the games with the money I'm earning, and it's not like I was going to spend that money on anything super important in my personal life given how young I still am but it's still very hard to swallow to pay that much for just a video game.

In general I wish I could reasonably play all the games on their original console. I usually emulate as a last resort because games, at least in my opinion, feel very empty to play on a PC.

Anyway, what do you guys think would be a good name for a male valkyrie class? I've been trying to come up with something for a while, but I can't seem to do it.

Cardinal Reynald Turpin

Also, that corpse...... I'm assuming he'll have more that a claw attack right?

He'll have all the claw attacks!

...No, I'm not giving him weapons. Why would I do something so silly?

So magic's still on the table.

Oh no.

Reveal hidden contents

Live a Live good. That just about sums it up.

Anyway, yeah. Odio's fight was improved from the original, I seem to recall it being way easier, Sundown's hurricane couldn't quite demolish it in one blow anymore. Sin of Odio was an excellent extra. I agree with your points about Oersted. He tried, in the end, which is pretty great, all things considered.

What do you mean all the routes for the endgame? You mean start as every character? The only major change is their speech to Oersted at the end. They all say some pretty interesting things, but it's better to watch a compilation of that. Too much trouble to play the entire thing over and over just for that.

Spoiler

Hurricane definitely seemed nerfed for accuracy at least, alongside none of the parts taking weakness from it (and parts of the first phase just taking the hits and getting to keep on coming). Oersted at least gets a You Tried sticker.

Alright, good to know that there's not something like a yellow screen for clearing all the routes through Dominion of Hate.

That is the only circumstance under which I would add a loli.

And no.

F

42 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I can technically afford the games with the money I'm earning, and it's not like I was going to spend that money on anything super important in my personal life given how young I still am but it's still very hard to swallow to pay that much for just a video game.

In general I wish I could reasonably play all the games on their original console. I usually emulate as a last resort because games, at least in my opinion, feel very empty to play on a PC.

I don't know if I'd feel similarly if I was playing Tellius on emulator I used a homebrew Wii for Tellius.

I wish there was reasonable progress with NSO replacing VC by now so that at least that was also an option, but they're still too slow with that and there's still no GB/GBC, never mind 6th/7th/8th gen. Considering VC itself has been left behind of course, but then again that never piqued my interest on the 3DS (As we never got GBA beyond the ambassador program, RIP me).

4 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

I should learn Fates hacking and create Teeheequest

Or maybe Teeheeright

I second this.

8 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I don't know if I'd feel similarly if I was playing Tellius on emulator I used a homebrew Wii for Tellius.

I wish there was reasonable progress with NSO replacing VC by now so that at least that was also an option, but they're still too slow with that and there's still no GB/GBC, never mind 6th/7th/8th gen. Considering VC itself has been left behind of course, but then again that never piqued my interest on the 3DS (As we never got GBA beyond the ambassador program, RIP me).

Homebrew is a good idea actually, I should try that.

Could you imagine if Fire Emblem had all their legacy content just there to buy on the Eshop, at least all games before Tellius. Square Enix has the first 5 Dragon Quest games on phone yet the first 6 Fire Emblem games are still Japanese exclusive.

5 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Or maybe Teeheeright

Wonder how we'd handle the Rainbow Sage.

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Homebrew is a good idea actually, I should try that.

Could you imagine if Fire Emblem had all their legacy content just there to buy on the Eshop, at least all games before Tellius. Square Enix has the first 5 Dragon Quest games on phone yet the first 6 Fire Emblem games are still Japanese exclusive.

FE's funny, in that the first game got an English translation that they took away for..... reasons that haven't been explained so we can only assume FOMO for a 32 year old game. And then the Kaga FEs are kinda on NSO in Japan, except for Gaiden and Thracia. Course no other options can be put up through it yet.

It'd be nice to see this change for sure.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I didnt know you were creating a mod! 

Well, I most certainly am, haha!

What plans so you have?

Lots lol. Quite a few ideas, to varying degrees of difficulty. I may have to rewrite two thirds of the game's plot, the way I'm going... That's gonna be fun. I can only hope I'll actually finish this.

Just editing the base game or creating custom events amd such?

Well, depends what you mean by creating custom events. I'm not going full custom hack, but I'm definitely going beyond basic unit stat edits and such. New characters, I intend for a few new maps too, stuff like that.

26 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Or maybe Teeheeright

Garonquest 2.

30 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Cardinal Reynald Turpin

...I... I said a male valkyrie class lol. I already know who the male valkyries are gonna be, and unfortunately, they all come pre-packaged with names from the base game.

So magic's still on the table.

Oh no.

I do have one small idea for the functionality of the monsters.

I also would love to implement a monster triangle attack, since I've three of 'em. But this may be far too difficult for my very amateur level skill. We'll see, we'll see.

Reveal hidden contents

Hurricane definitely seemed nerfed for accuracy at least, alongside none of the parts taking weakness from it (and parts of the first phase just taking the hits and getting to keep on coming). Oersted at least gets a You Tried sticker.

Alright, good to know that there's not something like a yellow screen for clearing all the routes through Dominion of Hate.

Spoiler

Nah, aside from one of the regular routes you really just want to do Best Route, starring the bad guy.

F

To hell with lolis. I can add all the beardmen I want. One, two, three! Ahahahahah!

2 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Wonder how we'd handle the Rainbow Sage.

He still dies, because he's not as cool as Garon.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I... I said a male valkyrie class lol. I already know who the male valkyries are gonna be, and unfortunately, they all come pre-packaged with names from the base game.

Whoops.

So, how does Charos sound?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I also would love to implement a monster triangle attack, since I've three of 'em. But this may be far too difficult for my very amateur level skill. We'll see, we'll see.

I don't know how animations are handled for that, so that could be a pretty high bar.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

Nah, aside from one of the regular routes you really just want to do Best Route, starring the bad guy.

Spoiler

>Best route

Well, if you like everyone dying I suppose.

Did I not mention I had played it already?

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He still dies, because he's not as cool as Garon.

I was thinking what he's replaced with, but dying sounds about right.

5 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

YBd7aOG.png

The Rainbow Lawyer, Attorney of the Sacred Blade.

7 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Whoops.

So, how does Charos sound?

Uhh... You'll have to explain that one, because Google only yields some most questionable results. A penis, French slang for fuckboy, a Spanish equivalent for SJW... Oof. Yeah, I don't think that's gonna work haha.

I don't know how animations are handled for that, so that could be a pretty high bar.

The animations, and the different classes, and the quotes... Probably too much of an ordeal, but one can dream.

Hide contents

>Best route

Well, if you like everyone dying I suppose.

Did I not mention I had played it already?

I know, I'm just making a statement.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uhh... You'll have to explain that one, because Google only yields some most questionable results. A penis, French slang for fuckboy, a Spanish equivalent for SJW... Oof. Yeah, I don't think that's gonna work haha.

It's a modern Greek word spun from the figure Charon in Greek myth.

Charon being the ferryman of souls, I thought it fit the theme.

4 hours ago, Punished06 said:

even with context, Gohan Blanco feels tacked on

I can't believe Gohan Blanco and Ultra Instinct Shaggy are both canon. Now we just need El Hermano...

4 hours ago, Punished06 said:

Did I miss something important this week?

Fie is a dodgetanking queen and has done well against 4/5ths of Cold Steel II's cryptids. Also Xenoblade 3's final dungeon is pretty long, but Armagon said that already.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

>elfuego

>el fuego

>the fire

Also,

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

wWNAOF2Z_o.png

You may recognize a couple of faces there

how do you create portraits this good?

4 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Not hard to see why, are things clearing out of your schedule at least?

No. I keep turning my papers late and people are still pissed at me about it.

4 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

This today I guess:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611cac40c1d16a83ba556

Obligatory

Anime Hug GIF - Anime Hug Jump - Discover & Share GIFs

And it looks like we've both become Punished too...

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

xIKZHtur_o.png

Ruben on his way to give the kid an axe be like

INACTIVE][Mature] Let's "experience" GhebFE. | Nuzlocke Forums

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Or maybe Teeheeright

Let's make Teeheevelation instead

Unironically. I really want to create a romhack

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I can't believe Gohan Blanco and Ultra Instinct Shaggy are both canon. Now we just need El Hermano...

Memes have the power to rewrite reality

9 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Fie is a dodgetanking queen and has done well against 4/5ths of Cold Steel II's cryptids

Enjoy it while you can...

Twggkyku o

17 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Also Xenoblade 3's final dungeon is pretty long, but Armagon said that already.

Speaking of Xenoblade 3, I've read stuff about the game this past week and oh boy...

Apparently the game drops the ball in the last 2 chapters. Like, hard. Looks like that guy I posted here changed his mind about 2 after playing 3.