• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

As I've said previously, I'm going to pace myself with the other routes as I've heard and just generally imagine the other routes will have some repeating plot points, and since I put a lot of trust into the narrative of these routes, I'm going to give myself time between each so that they hit harder when I do play them.

So not what I did.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Alisha

Too bad she doesnt stick around, haha.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Mikleo

Most useful spirit in battle imo. God Meebo is amazing overall, late game especially. 

You know, all memes aside, I don't think people really stop to consider how silly Gheb is. Just this random-ass fatso who is unbelievably shitty for no reason is given command of the so-called "jewel of Grado's fortifications." What's this guy's story? Where does he come from? Why was he given this post? Did it happen before or after the whole mess started? What is the reason for him being so shitty? Tell me more, Sacred Stones.

Anyway. It's finally done.

XcfC5I3J_o.png

After two days of work, I've implemented all the new characters for chapter 10.

Man, the recruitment guide's gonna be a mess in this part...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

Pretty much.

In all fairness I played most of 3H during lockdown.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, all memes aside, I don't think people really stop to consider how silly Gheb is. Just this random-ass fatso who is unbelievably shitty for no reason is given command of the so-called "jewel of Grado's fortifications." What's this guy's story? Where does he come from? Why was he given this post? Did it happen before or after the whole mess started? What is the reason for him being so shitty? Tell me more, Sacred Stones.

Just question it as much as you question blockades in other RPGs.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/495/166/507.jpg

At least those guys are dancing. I'm pretty sure in a different part of the game there's other people literally say they're just standing there blocking the path for no reason.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I remember those days.

6t1fkd.jpg

Ngl team Binks here. He's wall-eyed, he has green chest hair and he's not obscenely unpleasant for absolutely no reason like Gheb is.

But anyway we all know the coolest one-off in SS is bonafide war criminal Novala. He's so cool Seth knows his name even though he never says it.

Or y'know, Carlyle, but he has a bit more going for him, I don't want to lump him in with this lot.

11 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I guess that's fair enough.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ngl team Binks here. He's wall-eyed, he has green chest hair and he's not obscenely unpleasant for absolutely no reason like Gheb is.

But anyway we all know the coolest one-off in SS is bonafide war criminal Novala.

Or y'know, Carlyle, but he has a bit more going for him

Meanwhile, I laugh that one of the bosses names is Tirado. Tirado.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

At least those guys are dancing. I'm pretty sure in a different part of the game there's other people literally say they're just standing there blocking the path for no reason.

For what are linear RPGs, even a joke excuse is more than giving no explanation and just leaving the area as half loaded before you deal with what's required.

On a personal tangent, people can be asses about this in games that are not structured as non-linear. Fine, find the justification annoying. But sometimes I feel people complaining about it are more annoyed about the principle of them than any specific examples.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But anyway we all know the coolest one-off in SS is bonafide war criminal Novala. He's so cool Seth knows his name even though he never says it.

Bonafide?

I think leaving civilians to die in a gulch to monsters is a bit past bonafide.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I guess that's fair enough.

Joking as that was, sometimes fiction won't be bothered to explain all the details.

I feel like none of this was explained in GhebFE either.

1 minute ago, Punished Dayni said:

For what are linear RPGs, even a joke excuse is more than giving no explanation and just leaving the area as half loaded before you deal with what's required.

On a personal tangent, people can be asses about this in games that are not structured as non-linear. Fine, find the justification annoying. But sometimes I feel people complaining about it are more annoyed about the principle of them than any specific examples.

On that subject, I find the roadblock reason to like best, at least when it came to the Unova games, was the "We're testing how many people the bridge can hold. We're now on the process of counting, so you can't join in." It's quite... random as it is, but there's internal consistency to it, and also has reason to remain a roadblock until the time the plot requires you to finally cross.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Meanwhile, I laugh that one of the bosses names is Tirado. Tirado.

Ahahaha, oh that one's a classic. After Ostia I shouldn't be surprised, but... Damn, that man's parents did not love him much, did they?

How did they come up with that, anyway? I know Ostia has an origin that just happens to be unfortunate for us Spanish speakers, but Tirado? What's the story there? If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

7 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Bonafide?

I think leaving civilians to die in a gulch to monsters is a bit past bonafide.

Yes, he truly is a master of the art. I could stand to learn a lesson or two.

Joking as that was, sometimes fiction won't be bothered to explain all the details.

Yeah that's true.

I feel like none of this was explained in GhebFE either.

GhebFE had.... Other priorities.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On that subject, I find the roadblock reason to like best, at least when it came to the Unova games, was the "We're testing how many people the bridge can hold. We're now on the process of counting, so you can't join in." It's quite... random as it is, but there's internal consistency to it, and also has reason to remain a roadblock until the time the plot requires you to finally cross.

It has a logic to its stupidity. I like it too.

52 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Most useful spirit in battle imo. God Meebo is amazing overall, late game especially. 

I've heard from what few comments I've read of Zesty that Armatization becomes basically mandatory for boss fights and whatnot later on. Although, so far it doesn't exactly feel fun, the the martial Artes you get while Armatized are so sluggish and visually flashy, I'd like a training room where I could get a better grasp on each individual attack.

This said, I did notice that one of Mikleo's Armatized martial Artes has HP drain, that sounds promising it's strong enough and more of them exist.

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Just this random-ass fatso who is unbelievably shitty for no reason is given command of the so-called "jewel of Grado's fortifications." What's this guy's story? Where does he come from? Why was he given this post? Did it happen before or after the whole mess started? What is the reason for him being so shitty? Tell me more, Sacred Stones.

Lyon is a prince who takes frequent baths, as SS is not obliged to obey the medieval European dislike of bathing, and he is a frail, softie nerd who appreciates cleanliness and good health. 

After Lyon got possessed by the Demon King, his bathwater carrying away the grime that covered his body, had the Demon King's evil energies in it. Thrown out of the same window for several months on end, in the vicinity of where the princely toilet emptied, the bathwater contaminated the dirt below. Castle staff started feeling a cursed feeling outside that outer castle wall, and Riev investigated. Realizing the amassed filth had a slight sentience to it, from the corrupted dirt the Blood Beryl fashioned a human-sized golem. He then instilled it with prefabricated memories and thoughts taken from common thugs, which were readily received by the monster in human form born of the Demon King's wastes. That is the thing that was assigned to Fort Rigwald.

29 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

You posted this as a silly joke.

I read it as a statement of the human condition.

...Right now, for the past few days actually, if I'm not: playing a game, reading, listening to video game music, posting here, focused on something found while surfing the Web, or lost in carnal thoughts; it doesn't take long before a melancholic feeling comes to the surface. I wouldn't say I'm in a depressive episode, since I can still derive enjoyment from enjoyable things, once that becomes difficult, then I'd say I'm fully depressed.

This track with context is something of a metaphor for my mood.:

Spoiler

Wodan needs to reconnect with Magus every so often to keep his existential pains at bay, not quelled entirely, but dulled. His existential anguish is not the same as mine, but the premise of constantly needing a link or else you begin breaking down was poignant when I was younger, understandable now that I'm older. (Whether a person needing a link classifies as an addiction or not- while I think most modern humans have some degree of loosely-defined web addiction, and I believe my interests are varied enough that it's not a true clinical addiction to anything.)

I didn't jot down when, someone else did, but I'll have my first physical checkup in like a decade sometime this month. Once that's over with, someone will finally feel compelled to book me a psychologist and maybe, hopefully, bring this all too frequent melancholy under control. I'll just have to keep waiting until then.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahahaha, oh that one's a classic. After Ostia I shouldn't be surprised, but... Damn, that man's parents did not love him much, did they?

How did they come up with that, anyway? I know Ostia has an origin that just happens to be unfortunate for us Spanish speakers, but Tirado? What's the story there? If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostia_(Rome)

It's an actual thing, as it were.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Lyon is a prince who takes frequent baths, as SS is not obliged to obey the medieval European dislike of bathing, and he is a frail, softie nerd who appreciates cleanliness and good health. 

After Lyon got possessed by the Demon King, his bathwater carrying away the grime that covered his body, had the Demon King's evil energies in it. Thrown out of the same window for several months on end, in the vicinity of where the princely toilet emptied, the bathwater contaminated the dirt below. Castle staff started feeling a cursed feeling outside that outer castle wall, and Riev investigated. Realizing the amassed filth had a slight sentience to it, from the corrupted dirt the Blood Beryl fashioned a human-sized golem. He then instilled it with prefabricated memories and thoughts taken from common thugs, which were readily received by the monster in human form born of the Demon King's wastes. That is the thing that was assigned to Fort Rigwald.

Soooo basically you've headcanoned him into Gamer Boy's Bath Water.

10/10

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, wait, you meant Tirado, haha.

Yeah I already knew about Ostia haha.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Tirado is an actual surname. I kid you not:

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tirado

Incredible.

Language was a mistake.

So, someone who shall remain unspecified is looking to ask something and I happen to listening to a video and the light is off, to the extent that the room is dark barring what I was looking at. They have access to the light in the room, but sound seemed to be out because I was intently listening.

What do they do? Walk up to me in the bed and poke me.

I may have kicked in response because what the hell?

The reason they did so is also stupid and the causes of that reason are all too in character but *sigh.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You posted this as a silly joke.

I read it as a statement of the human condition.

...Right now, for the past few days actually, if I'm not: playing a game, reading, listening to video game music, posting here, focused on something found while surfing the Web, or lost in carnal thoughts; it doesn't take long before a melancholic feeling comes to the surface. I wouldn't say I'm in a depressive episode, since I can still derive enjoyment from enjoyable things, once that becomes difficult, then I'd say I'm fully depressed.

This track with context is something of a metaphor for my mood.:

Reveal hidden contents

Wodan needs to reconnect with Magus every so often to keep his existential pains at bay, not quelled entirely, but dulled. His existential anguish is not the same as mine, but the premise of constantly needing a link or else you begin breaking down was poignant when I was younger, understandable now that I'm older. (Whether a person needing a link classifies as an addiction or not- while I think most modern humans have some degree of loosely-defined web addiction, and I believe my interests are varied enough that it's not a true clinical addiction to anything.)

I didn't jot down when, someone else did, but I'll have my first physical checkup in a like a decade sometime this month. Once that's over with, someone will finally feel compelled to book me a psychologist and maybe, hopefully, bring this all too frequent melancholy under control. I'll just have to keep waiting until then.

Meanwhile I'm in a frame of mind where I feel like I can get roped back home in a worrying manner. Some of it is exaggerated that's for sure, but I ended up staying another night now despite not planning on it.

I'm bloody making it worse in my head thinking about it again, so I need to stop.

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

So i decided to give Gonzales a try so i can say i rekt Gonzales in all 3 games...

Why tf is he in such a small area?

He's called Immovable Gonzalez because he literally cannot move from his spot now.