• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

For sides:

In Shambles?

Riding the crest of the salt wave?

Chill penguins?

So I'm 99% certain to be the first major Maverick to be destroyed by X? I don't know whether that's a good thing or not.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD

ISHIN REMAKE

WE'RE GETTING ISHIN!

THE DREAM IS REAL!

NGL, I'm interested in the historical setting (though I haven't watched the trailer yet). We get plenty of Sengoku nowadays, but the peaceful Edo era that followed it? I get Yakuza =/ peaceful, but it'd be inner city thuggery, not daimyo pitting armies of samurai against each other. Feudal Japan with less bloodshed, but still not overly fantastically happily fantasized either.

As a Steam release is in the works, consider it a maybe that I'd give it a try. If they want to continue with historical Yakuza spinoffs, they could give a Yakuza main character an Italian ancestor. An ancestor whose story is told in 19th century Sicily, the time and place where the Italian organized crime institution that the Japanese one gets compared to originated.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Monolith Soft's playing things fair, they gave Lanz a bulge.

*Finds an image on NintendoEverything*

...Not very detailed, but then I've been spoiled by hentai, and making it that level of tightness would up the game's rating, besides being a chore to model (not to mention it'd be uncomfortable for him no doubt, I don't want that). Still much better than going "Ken doll" with the groin.

I've no interest in continuing to look ATM anyway. I want experience the -hopefully very pleasant- extended foreplay called playing the damn game before I waste another thought on him. Such would make thoughts of a certain kind far more delicious.

It's got Xenoblade X levels of content so it probably will keep you busy for some time.

And since we now know these dates were placeholders

xenoblade-chronicles-3-expansion-pass-sc

I think I can wait until April, maybe.😅

Or at least December. Just tonight the big screen my Switch is hooked up to developed a spot that looks like the sun peaking through the clouds. It's going to need to need to be replaced soon enough, probably with a Black Friday purchase. Maybe the new TV would actually do XC3 justice, as the current one has been terrible for video game beauty even before the sunspot showed up. 

In other news, not sure if they confirmed it but Harvestella does have a non-binary option for gender selection and you are referred to with they/them pronouns. Makes me wonder if LGBT romance is gonna be possible. Not sure so don't quote me on that but i know you like to know those things in advance for these types of games. They did at least confirm gay in the Wonderful Life remake (although it's also A Wonderful Life, a game where you actually age and die).

I do like seeing a little societal progress being implemented in video games. As I said in my lengthier earlier post, I wasn't expecting the nonbinary addition, and while it doesn't affect me, I appreciate it for those who it does.

Ignoring the storm clouds brewing in American politics for the moment, the Western normalization of s/s marriage makes it reasonable that I'd be seeing that in video games. Non-normative gender however, is a more contentious issue going by US culture wars, something a majority isn't quite in approval of. So the nonbinary addition is on the bolder and surprising side, even if I've heard secondhand of stuff like Animal Crossing letting anyone wear dresses.

And yeah, I did comment that AWL is not for me. Although the PS2 port of the game did add a "forever mode" wherein you don't pass away at the end. Not sure if that still does it for me, it kinda undermines the theme of the game.

Also on AWL, some commenters are thinking that the tomboy bachelorette formerly known as Nami (IDK if she's one of the people getting renamed) might have been changed into a nonbinary character. Their redesign is very androgynous, and the Japanese website that has opened apparently uses masculine or gender-neutral wording for them -or at least when filtered through notoriously unreliable Google Translate. A nonbinary dating option, even if it's a retcon, would still a pretty new idea outside of super-duper niche indie stuff. -But then people were recently disappointed by a Splatoon 3 character turned out not to be non-bi after initial speculation that she was.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

36 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I "finished" Trails of Cold Steel II, the end was surely something.

https://i.imgflip.com/2icgkl.jpg

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The beginning of the song was pretty questionable but it picks up after that.

The ending song is better.

Fci83KfWIAA6j9M.jpg?width=1048&height=64

..I just realized Ryza by default is (or has been) the oldest Atelier protag. She was 17 in Ryza 1, 20 in Ryza 2 and uh...we don't know when 3 takes place.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think I can wait until April, maybe.😅

Wave 3 will probably release in January or February is my guess. Since they already posted the teaser image for Wave 3, i can't imagine it's too far off.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although the PS2 port of the game did add a "forever mode" wherein you don't pass away at the end. Not sure if that still does it for me, it kinda undermines the theme of the game.

I can see it being there because people might've not expected that you actually die in the end.

On the subject, i learned there's a game over situation where you commit to not giving a shit about the farm and your wife divorces you and takes the kids. Apparently it's triggered if your exports are poor but you have to commit to the dialogue options.

Edited by Armagon

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fci83KfWIAA6j9M.jpg?width=1048&height=64

People are paying attention to the important things I see.

But since she is aging, I suppose they can excuse it as "she's a growing young woman".

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On the subject, i learned there's a game over situation where you commit to not giving a shit about the farm and your wife divorces you and takes the kids. Apparently it's triggered if your exports are poor but you have to commit to the dialogue options.

That I was not aware of. I did know the game ends after the first year if you don't marry someone, but that's not as raw & real.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

9qTvcNf.png

This is a good start. I took some liberties with the original description but it all to make it work with the political compass template.

Put me near the middle of the Hype-Salty spectrum (perhaps a smidge to the Hype side), and more towards the chill end of the other spectrum (although not sure what image you would use for me...)

Oh, and Japan is getting an extra NSO game that the West isn't.:

harvest-moon.large.jpg

HM64. No surprise the West ain't getting it.

Truly, this was the Nintendo Farming Sim Direct. Fire Emblem Engage was an essential part of it, as it has provided plentiful nitrate-rich manure from the shitstorm it hath created. Now gimme an SRPG-farming sim hybrid so I can stop trying and failing to piece one together in my head.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well i say that but Ryza 3 also looks leagues better than this so idk. The environment here looks more like the pre-Lulua environments that Gust used to make.

im at least glad they actually change team for world direction. still koei tecmo sure but at least changed from warrior-like

now i sincerely hope Monolithsoft will somehow grace Fire emblem future installment for its world design.

4 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Also triangle strategy got a PC release...good thing i never got it for switch xD

looking at square enix record, it was inevitable to happen. even bravely default series that looks like a perfect game for nintendo got released on steam too. with high price just like triple A game price even..

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nothing says that can't look badass.

oh definetely. hope its actual dancer class move too.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A vtuber. Look familiar?

yes. anyone that have seen one vtuber will recognize others. its more often than not has to has: overdesign, asymmetric clothes, more than 3 colour, and weird clothing

Just now, Armagon said:

I completely missed the fact that Mario Part 2 and 3 are coming to NSO 

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

So much for more boards in Mario Party Superstars, if anyone was clinging to a figment of hope for that.

Depending on the controller options, NSO might not be a bad deal if I wanted to play a few rounds with family over a year. MP3 was peak MP some might say although it's stupid arguing over such a thing as "peak MP", the games fun and don't need to be rated.

59 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And yeah, I did comment that AWL is not for me. Although the PS2 port of the game did add a "forever mode" wherein you don't pass away at the end. Not sure if that still does it for me, it kinda undermines the theme of the game.

Well, look at it this way. The forever mode is called... Heaven, and you have to play through the actual end before unlocking it.

So you can play forever... because you're now in the afterlife doing what you loved best. ... I guess that's why it's called Heaven.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

55 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As a Steam release is in the works, consider it a maybe that I'd give it a try.

You really should! After all, Ishin has the greatest QTE in all of video games:

Mash square to slap ass

I'm liking Soul Hackers 2 but you know.......I think TMS had the right idea by giving everyone a personal Stand that you could upgrade along the way. Persona 5 mostly did it by giving everyone but Joker their own Stand but the options felt kinda limited in comparison since it was just "you learn skills by leveling up but there's not really any customization here". Soul Hackers 2 goes the full wildcard route but i don't like how skills are locked to demons and while you can swap them on the go (kinda), you don't fully earn skills i think. Most you do to keep them is fusions. And the latter two games have issues with gating demons behind levels. Like i already have to do shit to earn them, you gonna make me level up more just to equip them?

What i'm saying is TMS is the best MegaTen at this rate.

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Dont own them? 

I don't even have an N64. Or on the VC.

this month turns out become a very big month for gaming announcement and trailers. theres Ninentdo Direct, then State of Play with new game from KT that really blow Assasin creed japan out the window

i thought the usual June-July of E3 moment would be it. cant wait to be even more pleasantly surprised in upcoming TGS this week

1 hour ago, Benice said:

You really should! After all, Ishin has the greatest QTE in all of video games:

Mash square to slap ass

Really, a sauna battle?🤨

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2022-09-13-at-10-34-41-PM.pnScreen-Shot-2022-09-13-at-10-35-48-PM.pnScreen-Shot-2022-09-13-at-10-36-36-PM.pn

Amazingly, it's not the first time I've seen yakuza fighting in a bathhouse.😆 Even if the above instance is merely a three-second joke. 

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha XIV vs. the Soulless Army in case you're curious. An SMT spinoff on the PS2 with very clunky combat set in the Taisho period of Japanese history (1912-1926)- the era after Meiji and before Showa.

Raidou Kuzunoha XIV vs. the Soulless Army portrays the Taisho era as a blend of Western modernism with traditional Japanese life, and as a fairly happy period (and also extends its length by five fictional years). The IRL Taisho kinda was, but wasn't.

• Taisho was intellectually prosperous, and Japanese democracy grew.
  • Although, I'm not sure Taisho is as Roaring Twenties as Raidou portrays it as being, since the economy was struggling through Taisho.
  • -Yet even so, since the late 20s would begin the descent into authoritarian militarism that would eventually result in Japan's attack on the United States and Japan's subsequent defeat in WWII, Taisho looks pretty good compared to the decades that followed.

I described this b/c why not as another potential Yakuza spinoff setting? If there was anything good about the Raidou duology, it was the pre-rendered environments. The developers did their homework and tried to be fairly accurate to how Tokyo architecturally looked back then, and the results were appealing.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, look at it this way. The forever mode is called... Heaven, and you have to play through the actual end before unlocking it.

So you can play forever... because you're now in the afterlife doing what you loved best. ... I guess that's why it's called Heaven.

I don't think I love that, even if it is kinda quaint. And reminiscent of what I've heard of the Egyptian afterlife, that paradisal Field of Reeds wherein life continues with the same social order as in the world of the living, but more luxuriously, Egypt at its finest.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Most you do to keep them is fusions. And the latter two games have issues with gating demons behind levels. Like i already have to do shit to earn them, you gonna make me level up more just to equip them?

SMT needs a way to keep you from fusing level 99 Lucifer when the game has just begun. Forbidding you from fusing anything higher than the protagonist's level is a simple method of stopping this. Oft paired with an EXP curve.

TMS didn't need to worry about Carnages like Demon/Persona fusion, since you can't obtain the Performa needed for new Carnages without advancing to new dungeons to find the Mirages that drop them. TMS's Carnage Unity was less traditional SMT fusion, more Etrian Odyssey item shop (after being filtered through SMT Strange Journey to be most precise).

Without a fusion level limit, as soon as I could find two Fairy demons in the wild, very early, I could keep making Aeros and take advantage of the rules of Element fusion to get a level 50-70 Titania in less than two hours. Sure its skillset wouldn't be great, but the stats alone would own things for quite a while, and I could always fuse it other things for a high-level demon with better skills. Without the staple of Elements, it'd take a little longer, but glimpsing an online fusion chart would let me figure out a method of doing this quickly enough. That fusion always results in a demon at least (Demon A Level + Demon B Level)/2 level or higher, means it is an inherently upward process if you always use two demons of similar level. So even without a chart, fusing two level ~10s could give me a ~17, which if I fused two of could give me a ~24, and the positive process would continue even without a guide, just not so controlled as to what demons result from it.

I'm not negating your criticism, but you would need to think of a replacement limitation.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Man, Freedom Planet 2 is so good. I was wondering if the fact that the developer was able to create the best game of all time in such a crappy engine meant that without those restrictions the sequel would be able to reach video game nirvana. Turns out: Pretty much.
Can't even be mad I was woken up by a leg cramp. Gives me some time to play a bit more.

God, it feels like I'm practically stealing from the developer with that asking price.

Edited by BrightBow

20220913_232839.jpg

I love how the swimsuit DLC just casually reveals that Taion is a Blade Eater.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

SMT needs a way to keep you from fusing level 99 Lucifer when the game has just begun.

Ok but

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

TMS didn't need to worry about Carnages like Demon/Persona fusion, since you can't obtain the Performa needed for new Carnages without advancing to new dungeons to find the Mirages that drop them

Is this not the case too? Cause I was under the impression that you can't fuse the uber-mega endgame demons without doing several fusions before then.

Like in Persona 5, sure by the end I could technically fuse demons 10-15 levels above me but the whole thing was a gradual increase. As I fused more and recruited more demons, more demon options opened up to me. The endgame ones weren't going to appear regardless. To me that alone would prevent you from just getting the busted ones at the start.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Without a fusion level limit, as soon as I could find two Fairy demons in the wild, very early, I could keep making Aeros and take advantage of the rules of Element fusion to get a level 50-70 Titania in less than two hours. Sure its skillset wouldn't be great, but the stats alone would own things for quite a while, and I could always fuse it other things for a high-level demon with better skills. Without the staple of Elements, it'd take a little longer, but glimpsing an online fusion chart would let me figure out a method of doing this quickly enough. That fusion always results in a demon at least (Demon A Level + Demon B Level)/2 level or higher, means it is an inherently upward process if you always use two demons of similar level. So even without a chart, fusing two level ~10s could give me a ~17, which if I fused two of could give me a ~24, and the positive process would continue even without a guide, just not so controlled as to what demons result from it.

Hmm. There's a point here. I suppose one way to fix it would be to make it to that the new demon doesn't exceed past 5 levels of you. So even if you were to try to fuse to endgame, if you're only Lv.5, you won't get much out of it.

6 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Can also just pause and think about how stupid the title for the new FE game is? I mean really, Engage? How exciting!

Can't say I found it the most Engaging title either.
I have mixed feelings about the game. Snake dragon is pretty cool, and Vander the axe wielding Paladin looks like a character I'll enjoy. I like the return of villages on maps to make them less empty.
I'm less certain about the town exploration (Garreg Mach PTSD) and the lord's hair.
Mixed feelings on lord summoning. Yeah, it's cool to see a 3D Sigurd model. Not gonna lie. Just feels kind of like it's just there to pander to nostalgia you know?
Anyway, given the amount of games I've not bought on release lately due to changed circumstance... wouldn't be surprised if I don't wait a while on this one too.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:
Correct Wraith. Three Houses and Engage are (look) like fun games to play whereas Genealogy is about as fun as that time i stepped on a nail.

Be cured of your insanity Armagon! Come back to us! Let the metal sheath you in awesomeness to ride out the storm!