• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

I like this.

Let this be a thing in Engage.

6 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

This, too.

What I'm trying to say is, please not all protagonists. If it's all protagonists I'm not going to engage with the mechanic at all.

...LOOOOL I didn't even mean to make the pun, I only realized it when re-reading. I'm an accidental genius.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I think it's mainly the character designs here. I seem to recall another game that had a kneejerk negative reaction because of designs, all the way back in 2017.

In other words

unknown.png?width=1148&height=645

I dunno man, I must say, personally, I took greater issue with "Emblem Fusion!"

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

9qTvcNf.png

This is a good start. I took some liberties with the original description but it all to make it work with the political compass template.

You see the purple area?

See the very corner of the purple area?

If you look close enough, you can see the name Ruben there.

4 hours ago, joevar said:

yes. anyone that have seen one vtuber will recognize others. its more often than not has to has: overdesign, asymmetric clothes, more than 3 colour, and weird clothing

...and she looks like toothpaste-chan. Which is what I was driving at.

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Vander the axe wielding Paladin looks like a character I'll enjoy

Ey there, The Roger. Nice to see Engage has brought us all together once more, however briefly.

Also, I just got it. I know why Vander exists. The elitist/old-school reactions are far too consistent, and this is the reason: They realized they went too far this time and decided to appeal to the elitists with a bearded old man.

Works for me ngl 

EDIT: That being said, him existing doesn't mean they can't make him a traitor. And I can't see him anywhere in the poster art, despite seeming like a decently important character at first glance. Wouldn't be surprised, we can't have some old fart distracting us from the generic anime teens.

...I just hope he's a fun traitor, if it comes to that.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...and she looks like toothpaste-chan. Which is what I was driving at.

yes. i already understood your point before you said it. i just dont know how to tell you that i know.

What I'm trying to say is, please not all protagonists. If it's all protagonists I'm not going to engage with the mechanic at all.

i already guess it, that despite how uninspiring the title sound at first. it got great pun potential

This, too.

somehow it reminds me of thanos. and hopefully the big bad boss actually trying to wield more than one ring at once. unless they really trying hard to sell the whole engagement ring idea

Edited by joevar

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

yes. i already understood your point before you said it. i just dont know how to tell you that i know.

Ah, my apologies.

But yeah, Alear is a vtuber. The ending of Engage will feature them getting rich from donations.

i already guess it, that despite how uninspiring the title sound at first. it got great pun potential

I would buy the game at release.

But I will have other engagements demanding my full attention.

somehow it reminds me of thanos. and hopefully the big bad boss actually trying to wield more than one ring at once. unless they really trying hard to sell the whole engagement ring idea

Final boss has all of the final bosses in the series on him. All of them.

Wow that'd be cool, too bad it probably won't happen.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Final boss has all of the final bosses in the series on him. All of them.

Wow that'd be cool, too bad it probably won't happen.

wearing all at once wont happen, but if,... (big) IF they really trying to be smart or creative about it, then final boss can change the ring whenever they want. or maybe we must kill him several times and each time they reach critical HP, one of their ring broke (then they change to another, get second wind or something)

but the most probable thing that could happen is like Claude route final map. all final bosses appear but with separate unit each, wielded by Final boss lieutenant or something but they dont have meaningful interaction (hopefully they had tho)

12 minutes ago, ping said:

Goodness, so many posts. Did anything of note happen?

New FE.

12 minutes ago, ping said:

Ruben finished his SacSto mod?

Nah, but I did finish Fort Rigwald after four days stuck there lol

11 minutes ago, joevar said:

wearing all at once wont happen, but if,... (big) IF they really trying to be smart or creative about it, then final boss can change the ring whenever they want. or maybe we must kill him several times and each time they reach critical HP, one of their ring broke (then they change to another, get second wind or something)

but the most probable thing that could happen is like Claude route final map. all final bosses appear but with separate unit each, wielded by Final boss lieutenant or something but they dont have meaningful interaction (hopefully they had tho)

Eh, we'll see. I just hope they let me keep the beardman till the end.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like this.

Let this be a thing in Engage.

This, too.

Part of me is wanting to play the game at launch just for Marth, Sigurd, Roy and Vander. Part of me is just wanting to wait a bit to see if the town stuff is as obnoxious as a certain officer's academy. Because Koei Tecmo being involved again fills me with fear.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ey there, The Roger. Nice to see Engage has brought us all together once more, however briefly.

Also, I just got it. I know why Vander exists. The elitist/old-school reactions are far too consistent, and this is the reason: They realized they went too far this time and decided to appeal to the elitists with a bearded old man.

Saw it on youtube while setting up music to do a data transfer from one SD card to another. Ended up watching it instead, then looking up the other stuff from the direct.
Figured it was a good time to make a stop in on Serenes given I'm not chasing after a two year old or experiencing illness right now. Actually, I got kind of lucky. Managed to dodge the surgery to get the block of mucus out of my head. For most people, Covid was a curse. For me, infection turned out a blessing in disguise. My fever literally melted the damn thing. I might be the only person who can say that stupid virus improved my health.

Things said, I'm a bit back to basics with games lately. I had to get a capacitor replaced on my Nintendo 64, so I've basically been putting it through the paces to test it since. I"m 36 games deep into my collection... and I only have 52 games for the thing. Though whether I'll play all of them through is a question... I'm kind of reaching the bottom of the barrel on platformers (the ones I have left include Earthworm Jim 3D and Mortal Kombat Mythologies Sub-Zero), and I happen to own Superman 64. That said, the experience has led me to realize I think Castlevania 64 is a lot better than people say it is.

Point being I might be playing this one a bit late regardless of decisions, because I've some catching up to do on my Switch games as is. Plus I'm waiting on a Japanese PS2 right now to enjoy playing Tear Ring. It's funny. I feel like life is going a bit too fast lately.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

New FE.

Haha, I'm being just a litle facetious. I'm not reading through, what, ten pages worth of new posts, but Toothpaste-chan being real was hard to miss even just scrolling past the last two or three pages. Nice to hear you're making progess, though.

(That reminds me, I need to finish my Toothpaste-into-BigBlueBlob EU4 campaign...)

4 minutes ago, ping said:

Haha, I'm being just a litle facetious. I'm not reading through, what, ten pages worth of new posts, but Toothpaste-chan being real was hard to miss even just scrolling past the last two or three pages.

We live in the best timeline. They remembered what beards are and they seem to be interested in making the FE part of the FE actually good, unlike... past installments.

Bad story? Pffft who the fuck cares. Seeing how FE has proven it is absolutely incapable of having both story and gameplay be good at the same time, my choice is clear.

Nice to hear you're making progess, though.

I put Syrene in chapter 10. Because Syrene is cool.

(That reminds me, I need to finish my Toothpaste-into-BigBlueBlob EU4 campaign...)

Dew it.

New Fire Emblem looks so fun, I don't care lol. I'm excited to put 1000 hours into it like I did with Three Houses. Graphics actually look super nice, presentation looks beautiful (for console fire emblem standards) and maps look clean fun/colorful. I just want to see all the new characters!!

3 minutes ago, TheChoZenOne said:

I hope Vander is Eugen levels of awesome!!

That'd be difficult, seeing how Eugen is the best character in games, but I'm hopeful for a decently badass character.

...y'know, unless they make him die or betray. Because he's too old to be a good guy. But I'm sure it won't come to that! Hanneman did neither of thoee things, after all!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That'd be difficult, seeing how Eugen is the best character in games, but I'm hopeful for a decently badass character.

...y'know, unless they make him die or betray. Because he's too old to be a good guy. But I'm sure it won't come to that! Hanneman did neither of thoee things, after all!

Wait, you didn't hear? Hanneman is the final boss of Three Hopes. He betrayed everyone cuz he was sick of not being playable and getting disrespected. The game ends with him blowing everyone up with the Meteor spell!!

5 minutes ago, TheChoZenOne said:

Wait, you didn't hear? Hanneman is the final boss of Three Hopes. He betrayed everyone cuz he was sick of not being playable and getting disrespected. The game ends with him blowing everyone up with the Meteor spell!!

I can't believe you have spoiled Three Hopes to me.

Damn you Koei.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So I'm 99% certain to be the first major Maverick to be destroyed by X? I don't know whether that's a good thing or not.

Someone has to die first I suppose.

5 hours ago, joevar said:

theres Ninentdo Direct, then State of Play with new game from KT that really blow Assasin creed japan out the window

Turns out AC hasn't done Japan yet, which I made the mistake of thinking Mirage was for a sec so looks like RotR beats it to the punch.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The next Smash may not have Sakurai directing, there may still be a chance.

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

For most people, Covid was a curse. For me, infection turned out a blessing in disguise. My fever literally melted the damn thing. I might be the only person who can say that stupid virus improved my health.

Doctors hate him! This one neat trick-

Good to hear that it worked I suppose. And hello again by the way.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Lookin' good so far!

The general attitude seems pretty positive! Out of those who's answered, only myself and Dayni have really swayed into salty territory, and not even by much.

It's too early to be massively salty.

Though I was expecting someone to be in the top right..... Wait, @Sidereal Wraith hasn't said where since the labels were picked!

1 minute ago, TheChoZenOne said:

Be a little hype if it were real to be honest.

Belhalla 2: Essarian Phoenix

Rewatching the trailer, I discovered that, in a blink-and-you-miss-it moment, it is revealed people will have multiple outfits that can be swapped at will. Most likely the reason portraits are gone, come to think about it.

You know what that means.

Spoiler

I can remove the secks fanservice!

KyLGx5yT_o.pngDpjYDv46_o.gifl3ZitZ31_o.gifW1VFq8mV_o.gif7xWfsU8t_o.gifqeAOhdnu_o.gifDfrDwh0C_o.png1OVvstQx_o.gif

Y'know unless all the options are horny garbage, but I'm hoping for the best!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Thanks Germany.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Rewatching the trailer, I discovered that, in a blink-and-you-miss-it moment, it is revealed people will have multiple outfits that can be swapped at will. Most likely the reason portraits are gone, come to think about it.

You know what that means.

Reveal hidden contents

I can remove the secks fanservice!

KyLGx5yT_o.pngDpjYDv46_o.gifl3ZitZ31_o.gifW1VFq8mV_o.gif7xWfsU8t_o.gifqeAOhdnu_o.gifDfrDwh0C_o.png1OVvstQx_o.gif

Y'know unless all the options are horny garbage, but I'm hoping for the best!

I make no bets on the quality of the outfits. I still remember the options we had for Byleth where their best outfit was for a class they couldn't have.

17 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Thanks Germany.

Perfection.

I make no bets on the quality of the outfits. I still remember the options we had for Byleth where their best outfit was for a class they couldn't have.

On the character in the trailer you can see like, 5 or 6 options. I want to believe there'll be at least one decent option for everyone.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Looks like there's fishing in this game.

+10 salt

As long as it's easily ignorable.

Honestly, the more I look at this, the more things I see that I like. This really may be Fates 2 after all.

...only hopefully with some manner of map saves. I may not be too fond of turnwheels, but I prefer it to burning out because I have to reset 40 minutes from a mistake.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

20220913_232839.jpg

I love how the swimsuit DLC just casually reveals that Taion is a Blade Eater.

Spoiler

Inb4 Zeke and Pandy's child/descendant

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What I'm trying to say is, please not all protagonists. If it's all protagonists I'm not going to engage with the mechanic at all

that makes me wonder how they are gonna approach this and who will be able to equip the rings and use stand powers

If everyone can, then i expect a big returning cast, if only certain key characters can, then i expect a lower amount and mostly protags only

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

1OVvstQx_o.gif

lmao

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Thanks Germany

Lmaaaaaaaaaaao

Well, I think i am pretty good in switching my mind between german and english nowadays so stuff like that i see as normal lol. That and "Die Queen" is pretty normal lol.

Then again i have been using english more and more the last few years to the point i am starting to think more in english than other languages.

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This really may be Fates 2 after all

Fates chads keep wining?

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων