Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Never played Chrono Cross? It's these guys:

Acacia SGT - Chrono Wiki - Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Radical Dreamers

Which is where I got my username, all the way back in 2008.

Oh, interesting.

Yeah no I searched the name and all I got was that one picture and a bunch of images of Mexico for some reason.

Imgur doesn't want to load for me right now so I'll post it later.

In the meantime, who else hasn't joined?

2 minutes ago, Elina said:

(I don’t understand anything) (I really wish I did) Wait how do I get on the chart!?

New Fire Emblem trailer just dropped, people have lots of opinions of it, I made a political compass for such opinions.

Just tell me where you land based on your initial thoughts of the new game and I'll put you there!

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Oh, interesting.

Yeah no I searched the name and all I got was that one picture and a bunch of images of Mexico for some reason.

Imgur doesn't want to load for me right now so I'll post it later.

How? It doesn't show up for me.

I have a feeling I might be the reasons for those Mexico pics, if you truly searched up "Acacia Sgt", hahahaha.

12 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

New Fire Emblem trailer just dropped, people have lots of opinions of it, I made a political compass for such opinions.

Just tell me where you land based on your initial thoughts of the new game and I'll put you there!

Great, thanks! I was so excited for the direct and I almost passed out out of excitement when they showed the trailer and announced the release date for Engage! Put me in the bottom right- that is exactly how I feel! (Lol) Thank you again— I’m sorry I seem like such an idiot. I always miss a lot during the day and have to read everything I missed for context. 

35 minutes ago, Benice said:

HOLY CROW WHAT A DAY IT WAS FOR RGG FANS

DETAILS FOR ISHIN REMAKE WITH KUZE IN IT, MASSIVE INFORMATION ON LAD 2, A SIDE SPINOFF GAME, AND JUDGMENT + LOST JUDGMENT ON PC

I'M LOSING MY MIIIIINNNNDDDDD

Hell yeah dude! Ishin gets remade AND localized, which is awesome since it means I can finally play the game when it releases. Gonna love kicking Kuze's ass for the 100th time.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon 2/Yakuza 8 has a release date of 2024 from what it seems, which is appropriate given the other games that will release before then. It appears that Kiryu and Ichiban will be in the game and I'm kind of indifferent about it. On one hand, it's pretty sweet to see Kiryu in another mainline Yakuza (or should I start calling the series: Like a Dragon?) game, but on the other hand, I feel that his story arc was completed in Yakuza 6: The Song of Life. Either way, I'm gonna buy the game regardless because I've been a huge fan of this series since Yakuza Kiwami.

It also appears that Kiryu is coming back in the side-game (I think it's a side game anyways): The Man Who Erased His Name, which follows Kiryu's life after Yakuza 6 and before Yakuza 8/LAD 2. It should serve to be a good game to play before LAD 2 comes out, in any case.

Judgment and Lost Judgment have finally gotten a PC release, eh? Glad to hear that PC gamers can play these amazing games. I'm surprised it took longer for a PC release to come out than the Xbox One/Series X & S releases. 

Playing through Lost Judgment on my Series X at the moment and it is a great sequel to the first Judgment game. New mechanics, a whole new extra style, and most importantly, MORE KAITO. I'm gonna have to get the DLC for Lost Judgment so I can play through his DLC story. I hope that Lost Judgment isn't the end of the Judgment games, I'd really like to see more of Yagami, Kaito, Sugiura, and co (or at least some kind of continuation from Lost Judgment). 

49 minutes ago, Punished06 said:

>10 pages

Oh boy...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I want to see the haters cope and seethe

Fanservice. And they didn't even bother to put my man Alexios in the game.

It could be worse, like EA or Bethesda owning the IP.

Ah yes, that moment when you get off Serenes Forest for a few hours/days and when you get back, the We L(Ike) Hellos, Games and Teehees thread has 5+ pages added since you last posted in the thread. 

Yeah, screw the haters! I want my Waifu/Husbando simulator in my Fire Emblem so that I can ship Alear with some other character and get a kid with Colgate-flavored hair. The game has magical rings in it for crying out loud. 

Glad to see I'm not the only one who played as Alexios in Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

Indeed it could've been worse. While Ubisoft isn't exactly my top pick for quality games I know I can get excited for, they aren't the worst either. I genuinely liked Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Valhalla despite them not really being "Assassin's Creed games" (And that's coming from a guy who loved the Ezio Trilogy and stopped playing most of the games after ACIV: Black Flag). I also like their Far Cry series, though they have felt pretty samey since Far Cry 3. Looking forward to Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, that's looking like it'll be a pretty good game from what I've seen of the game thus far.

6 minutes ago, Elina said:

I’m sorry I seem like such an idiot. I always miss a lot during the day and have to read everything I missed for context. 

We all fail to notice things now and again, dont be so hard on yourself! 

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

We all fail to notice things now and again, dont be so hard on yourself! 

Thank you ❤️
sorry I wasn’t meaning to be self-deprecating , I just wanted to justify my lack of knowledge tehee

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Should've been there in the days of FE4Thread. You didn't need a new game announcement to suddenly come back to tons of pages just about every day.

Hehee! I haven’t been here long, but I definitely remember this thread being extremely busy in the past! I’ve gathered that it’s hard to have any sort of conversation on this thread, as multiple are usually going on at a time. 

Edited by Elina

Yo, a million pages. Well that’s cool. I hope everyone is enjoying all the hype and analysis stuff. I’ve barely found the time to read and respond to stuff on here while keeping up with Cold Steel 3, which I am heavily enjoying.

NHQiIg7.jpg

And so it begins… (I’m just putting this stuff in spoiler tags to one, not clog up the thread, two, hide stuff for anyone who would rather avoid Cold Steel 3, and three, this does actually have a sort of spoiler for Lightchao, maybe, I’m not sure how much info is known in the Divertissement)

Spoiler

TXW6xUH.jpg
This game really is following a similar plot structure to Cold Steel 1. Maybe this whole thing will end in a blooming romance. Blue and pink is a cool hair color combo. And I was gonna link Rean and Altina anyway in battle, at least when I only have these four (although Rean and Juna is a little interesting as well. So is Juna and Altina… Juna and everyone I guess).

kSPsliQ.jpg
q3RVdnS.jpg

So, this guy’s super pretentious and stuff. If this is following the same structure as Cold Steel 1, and Jusis was best Cold Steel character, then that means this guy will be best—

9Gshw12.jpg
WOW HE’S AN ASSHOLE

zxU2sWd.jpg
Kurt kinda badass here ngl.

Jumping forward a bit, Rean and Elliot’s little catch up phone call is really sweet, especially when the camera pans away with Rean starting to talk about his work. Cute.

Also idk why I said Tita was voiced by Sophie FE Fates, I meant Charlotte.

Rean and Randy’s little bro moment in the bath thing was pretty cool ngl. Randy keeps making all these faces that like playful but also super bitter, as is perfect for someone working for the military that conquered their country. I genuinely can’t tell if that’s intentional or just me misinterpreting, but if it is intentional it completely changes the tone of the scene, in a really good way. Rean and Randy should have some hostility.

AND AW REAN KEEPS THAT 50 MIRA COIN FROM CROW ON HIS DESK, THATS SO SAD

And oh no, the return of bonding points! Who to choose, I’m interested in like all of the characters.

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...except the huntress.

Agreed, actually. She kinda gives me the same vibes as that little caveman from Live A Live who I know nothing about.

Anyway, it'll be hard picking between the tormented scholar and mr. fedora and trenchcoat dork for the starter.

Going off of stories, the one about memories or whatever, which was the apothecary’s, definitely seemed the most interesting, if I can resist the urge to not start with O and go around again. Plus apothecary was a class I never fully did all the cool stuff with in the first game because it’s the definition of anti-hoarding, which I’m not good at.

14 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

I would need to get on 1, but it does look like it wouldn't be required playing.

Probably not, although just looking at the map I wonder if the continent is related.

And yeah, it obviously looks nice and sounds are good with it too.

OH YEAH SOUNDS WERE PROBABLY GONNA GET MORE BANGER MUSIC LETS GO

Also why does Serenes say you quoted me in the direct thread, only for no such quote to be there?

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Hide contents

I'm impressed by how little they talk about anything that happened in the Crossbell games, since the characters are all responding to the events of this game instead (well, there's Rixia being Yin but I knew that already).

Spoiler

Have you finished the Divertissement yet?

I think I would appreciate it more if I was more familiar with Crossbell as a location, but I don't feel spoiled by anything yet. I'm not actually finished with it so maybe they spoil everything later.

Yeah, you would. The place you’re at now is somewhere you visit a lot in Crossbell and the title screen during this segment is of a heavily recognizable place. Also the music is one of the most recognizable Crossbell battle themes. The whole segment is basically Crossbell fanservice, and I’m all for it.

I ship it

Spoiler

Broke: Lloyd X Rixia

Woke: Rixia x Illya ignoring that one scene in Zero, what a train wreck

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

In the meantime, who else hasn't joined?

I have not joined the Fire Emblem Engage Hype/Salt chart yet, and I would like to be apart of it as well. 

I'd say that I'm very chill and hype about Engage, somewhere close to the bottom-left corner is right where I'd land in terms of my initial thoughts.

Edited by CyberZord

pqe0TqM.png

Now all we need is someone who has nothing but bad things to say about the trailer but isn't outrageous over it and then we have the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

...Or I suppose five if we say Ruben and Elina are sharing that corner.

Or four since Ruben did say he had a change of heart and no longer aligns with the bottom right corner.

1 hour ago, Elina said:

Thank you again— I’m sorry I seem like such an idiot. I always miss a lot during the day and have to read everything I missed for context. 

I feel the same way honestly. But hey, glad to finally get ya in there.

See this is where the cracks in my chart start to show because to say you are indifferent means you are also inherently chill about the situation and so I move you to the left.

But if we're to face that, the position is between  Lightchao and Kadath.

I don't usually like jazz all that much, but this is a banger.

I feel really bad for my classmates who have to play this, though. Sounds like it's gonna be brutal...

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Admittedly, what is even the Chill-Shambles meant to represent exactly?

Broadly, they are meant to tell whether or not you were surprised or shocked by the trailer, be it that they proved the outlandish leaks, or just the general content of the trailer.

Having remembered it... I would seriously revisit that fanfic idea. I think I still remember some of what I thought up back then, but too bad it was when I wasn't writing anything down as a just in case. Ah well.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't ship Ike with anyone, but Titania wanting a little 25% Greil in her oven and her's to own wouldn't be total crack. Skrimir I'd ship more with Ranulf (threesome including self of course) but I wouldn't rule out some friendly wrestling-turned hanky-panky, they've some positive chemistry together and it's not as crack as Sormir.

I still say Olike is the most likely outcome here.

Beauty is, after all, a mad mistress.

Monkey's paw responds by having them turn undead with disconnected floating upper and lower halves. 60% of their clothing instantly disintegrates upon the transformation. Can't repeat exactly the same thing. On the bright side- you get to kill them again.

I like how you say that as if it were bad, when the bottom line is, I get to kill them again.

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

pWe3Ugq.pngbV2MbfA.png

I love how these idiots take up more screen time than the actual cause of conflict in this chapter.

That's them all right. They're wonderful.

sOOkdjd.pnguko7lkp.png

Also these two are literally Gimli and Legolas

Kinda, come to think about it. Except Legolas is a massive shithead and Gimli is even cooler somehow.

p9zS99u.pngI5YuTeD.png

What a heartfelt speach.

It's a shame she died directly after this.

F Amelia.

Make her a general.

4AQLLjJ.png9X0Qyhg.png

I'm glad that in recent titles the supports were moved to happen in between battles, making supports like this much less insane.

The ol' "hey we'll only acknowledge that we're currently battling for our lives when we can use it to deride our support partner" shenanigans.

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Oh! Super sorry about that, I'll get you right down there

I love how due to my initial knee jerk reaction, my placement on the chart now completely fails to reflect my current feelings on the matter.

But then, that could be considered a brilliant metaphor for how useless and dumb the political compass is, so... Yeah, it can stay.

Make a really ugly arrow over to the chill side that says "now Ruben here"

3 hours ago, CyberZord said:

Yeah, screw the haters! I want my Waifu/Husbando simulator in my Fire Emblem so that I can ship Alear with some other character and get a kid with Colgate-flavored hair. The game has magical rings in it for crying out loud. 

...I... had not thought of that.

Pepsi kid. Now that'd been something.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Agreed, actually. She kinda gives me the same vibes as that little caveman from Live A Live who I know nothing about.

Considering he's the worst character with the worst chapter in an otherwise awesome game, that's definitely not a good sign.

I will say tho, she did not give me quite so bad vibes. She looks like a rather mundane spunky anime girl. Something like Tressa, no doubt.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Going off of stories, the one about memories or whatever, which was the apothecary’s, definitely seemed the most interesting, if I can resist the urge to not start with O and go around again. Plus apothecary was a class I never fully did all the cool stuff with in the first game because it’s the definition of anti-hoarding, which I’m not good at.

Alffyn is really good when you let go of that mindset, haha. Besides, these games are super friendly with the items. You can buy tons of basic ingredients for dirt cheap and use them as if they were infinite.

As for the stories, even leaving aside the mage and beard bias, the scholar's tale looked right up my alley.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Now all we need is someone who has nothing but bad things to say about the trailer but isn't outrageous over it and then we have the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

...Or I suppose five if we say Ruben and Elina are sharing that corner.

Or four since Ruben did say he had a change of heart and no longer aligns with the bottom right corner

What an emotional rollercoaster.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6jwlY4M.pngQq6hfUc.png

This game has a lot more handsome women than I expected, both in looks and in personality, which I very much appreciate.

Not a lot of beautiful men though, I'm afraid Three Houses has them beat on that.

IN6dVRN.png

Instant favorite.

5FDFOan.png

Color me swooned, Messy hair, strong conduct, myrmidon and everything.

See you can tell I'm not invested in the story when I'm talking about my attraction to the characters

LwD2CBE.pngkdwXfWW.png

Most countries™

z6eKP5g.png

I can't see him as a bad guy anymore.

s9lW04w.png

I was only half joking earlier about the story. I am interested in the politics at play here it's just a little hard to get invested with the game's age and all.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kinda, come to think about it. Except Legolas is a massive shithead and Gimli is even cooler somehow.

Yes and that would make L'Arachel...

L'Aragorn.

F Amelia.

Make her a general.

You misunderstand, I very must overestimated her defense and had her accidently doubled by a mercenary and I couldn't be bothered to restart to keep her alive.

Rest in poorly conducted strategy, Amelia.

I love how due to my initial knee jerk reaction, my placement on the chart now completely fails to reflect my current feelings on the matter.

But then, that could be considered a brilliant metaphor for how useless and dumb the political compass is, so... Yeah, it can stay.

Make a really ugly arrow over to the chill side that says "now Ruben here"

In a sense I may keep it as it is if this chart is meant to represent our initial reactions to the trailer. Obviously all of our opinions on the matter will change as time goes on and we think about it more, or when new information comes out.

9 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

IN6dVRN.png

Instant favorite.

Oh hey, it's the one dancer who doesn't look like she's a middle schooler. She's a treasure.
It's a shame that in terms of ability she is as basic as a refresher gets. No thievery, magic, shotguns or anything.

13 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

s9lW04w.png

I was only half joking earlier about the story. I am interested in the politics at play here it's just a little hard to get invested with the game's age and all.

Because you were already spoiled about everything?

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

6jwlY4M.pngQq6hfUc.png

This game has a lot more handsome women than I expected, both in looks and in personality, which I very much appreciate.

IN6dVRN.png

Instant favorite.

Tethys is pretty cool. Not quite the generic dancer.

Not a lot of beautiful men though, I'm afraid Three Houses has them beat on that.

You say that while Gerik is onscreen?

Besides you've seen Dozla! Why would you sau that when Dozla is a thing? Three Houses does not have Dozla, therefore it loses!

5FDFOan.png

Color me swooned, Messy hair, strong conduct, myrmidon and everything.

I like her also, which is why I wish she wasn't the worst unit in the game.

...ahh what am I saying, that's part of why I like her.

See you can tell I'm not invested in the story when I'm talking about my attraction to the characters

Hahahahaha... Well, to be fair, you're in Carcino. Carcino isn't the game's high point.

z6eKP5g.png

I can't see him as a bad guy anymore.

Based Valter?

Based Valter.

s9lW04w.png

It just doesn't develop things enough. The groundwork is there, but the game is too short and needs to move too fast, so it just speeds past everything. Still manages to do some things REALLY well, but then stuff like Carcino ends up being too barebones.

Yes and that would make L'Arachel...

L'Aragorn.

10/10

You misunderstand, I very must overestimated her defense and had her accidently doubled by a mercenary and I couldn't be bothered to restart to keep her alive.

Rest in poorly conducted strategy, Amelia.

Monster.

Reset the game.

In a sense I may keep it as it is if this chart is meant to represent our initial reactions to the trailer. Obviously all of our opinions on the matter will change as time goes on and we think about it more, or when new information comes out.

Fair enough.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You say that while Gerik is onscreen?

Besides you've seen Dozla! Why would you sau that when Dozla is a thing? Three Houses does not have Dozla, therefore it loses!

You misunderstand. Gerik and Dozla are absolute himbos, no question, but I'm talking about bimbo men, like Claude, Lorenz and Sylvan, men with beauty and grace.

...Fire Emblem really is the best way to find out you're bisexual.

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like her also, which is why I wish she wasn't the worst unit in the game.

...ahh what am I saying, that's part of why I like her.

In spite of this, I'm going to use her in every battle.

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It just doesn't develop things enough. The groundwork is there, but the game is too short and needs to move too fast, so it just speeds past everything. Still manages to do some things REALLY well, but then stuff like Carcino ends up being too barebones.

Yeah. One great thing about Three Houses' home base was a library in which the player could go read up on all the lore of the continent without it getting in the way of the main story.

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

10/10

Low effort meme.

Xxsbwqf.png

I say low effort but me getting Gimp and learning how the hell it worked was why it took me so long to reply to this.

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Monster.

Reset the game.

Does she appear in Ephraim's route? If so I may be able to give her a second chance!

If not though then hey, that just gives me motivation to play this game again some time in the far future.