• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

41 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

You misunderstand. Gerik and Dozla are absolute himbos, no question, but I'm talking about bimbo men, like Claude, Lorenz and Sylvan, men with beauty and grace.

...Fire Emblem really is the best way to find out you're bisexual.

Counterpoint: Joshua

In spite of this, I'm going to use her in every battle.

Obviously.

Yeah. One great thing about Three Houses' home base was a library in which the player could go read up on all the lore of the continent without it getting in the way of the main story.

Yeah, that was neat. Though it also tends to be the kind of thing I can never be arsed to sit through, personally. In every game with lore books I nab all of them, go "okay now I got em, I can read them later" and then later never comes.

Low effort meme.

Xxsbwqf.png

I say low effort but me getting Gimp and learning how the hell it worked was why it took me so long to reply to this.

L'Arachel/10

Does she appear in Ephraim's route? If so I may be able to give her a second chance!

If not though then hey, that just gives me motivation to play this game again some time in the far future.

All the characters appear in both routes, they are just recruited in different circumstances.

30 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

All of Marisa's class palettes are amazing, honestly. Especially Assassin.

I just wish there was a proper female assassin sprite. The palette is unique, but the sprite looks a bit weird on her.

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Overpriced individually-packaged cosmetic skins is the worst they can likely do.

definetely not the worst, more likely thats to be expected. since IS still technically partnering with Koei Tecmo, albeit a different team of KT, and KT is rather infamous about DLC and pricing.

so yeah, ready your wallet guys and girls. 

Jeez I woke up clammy as all hell on the balcony. Something bad happened last night didn't it?

Get your Crest today.

27 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

p9zS99u.pngI5YuTeD.png

What a heartfelt speach.

It's a shame she died directly after this.

RIP Amelia.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Funniest part tho is that the guy has a wife so ????????

Like how do you say this but also have a wife?

He has concerning attitudes about relationships?

Seemingly saying that a wife cannot be a friend feels to me like an image of married life that may be unhealthy.

3 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

so FED has a small analysis and...

Gz3QlMa.png

He is saying these might be akin to Dragon Veins, or atleast he guesses tho based on their placements

Fates 2 whoop whoop?

Oh no, it returns?

1 minute ago, Punished06 said:

Fanservice. And they didn't even bother to put my man Alexios in the game.

At least the other two are in the ballpark of similar time periods, Alexios is long gone poor guy.

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

In the meantime, who else hasn't joined?

Have you @Interdimensional Observer?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I have a feeling I might be the reasons for those Mexico pics, if you truly searched up "Acacia Sgt", hahahaha.

Oh absolutely considering your DA was the first thing on DuckDuckGo.

(Seriously, using that search engine yielded mostly results that seemed to lead to you)

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Agreed, actually. She kinda gives me the same vibes as that little caveman from Live A Live who I know nothing about.

Trust me, she ain't Pogo.

She looks like a good friend for one.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

You misunderstand. Gerik and Dozla are absolute himbos, no question, but I'm talking about bimbo men, like Claude, Lorenz and Sylvan, men with beauty and grace.

...Fire Emblem really is the best way to find out you're bisexual.

See this is why my general low interest in that from this series feels out of touch.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Xxsbwqf.png

I say low effort but me getting Gimp and learning how the hell it worked was why it took me so long to reply to this.

L'Arachel modded into The Two Towers would be perfect.

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about it if you're getting used to it, that's absolutely true.

What in particular would you say is different from Photoshop in your experience?

3 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Hopium

Wait, the leaker's out in the open? Well now.

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Also bushes give 30 avo now? Wew

I am going to shout when a character inevitably gets hit in one aren't I?

22 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Hopium

I will take a 4 remake in exchange for Engage being good.

By which I mean, I won't take it, but I'll be fine with its existence.

22 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

I like

I like too. Vander is there. He's not doong anything, but he's there.

On a serious note, I continue to like how this game looks. A pretty 3D FE. Unbelievable.

14 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

He has concerning attitudes about relationships?

Seemingly saying that a wife cannot be a friend feels to me like an image of married life that may be unhealthy.

He's responsible for a waifu sim. Is anyone really surprised?

14 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Trust me, she ain't Pogo.

She looks like a good friend for one.

She looks harmless. Less interesting than the rest, but innocuous.

3 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

You misunderstand, I very must overestimated her defense and had her accidently doubled by a mercenary and I couldn't be bothered to restart to keep her alive.

I wouldn't let this happen to me thanks to the power of save states.

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Also bushes give 30 avo now? Wew

This suggests magic has fixed hitrates.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Well when you write a series where the MCs are blank slates for the sole purpose of appealing to lonely highschool boys' wish fulfillments, i'd wonder what that could lead to.

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On a serious note, I continue to like how this game looks. A pretty 3D FE. Unbelievable.

It really took FE more than a decade to look good in 3D huh.

I mean i give the 3DS games a pass but uh..

So if Alear has to make a decision that'd see them going different directions would that lead to a root split?

Just now, Armagon said:

Well when you write a series where the MCs are blank slates for the sole purpose of appealing to lonely highschool boys' wish fulfillments, i'd wonder what that could lead to.

I wonder indeed. Winder very loudly.

10 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I know you hate Radiant Dawn and all, but come on...

First, I don't "hate" RD. I find it severely flawed and I didn't enjoy it enough to ever replay it, but that's it. Hate is a strong word that most definitely does not apply here.

Second... I'll admit, I keep forgetting the Tellius duology when I talk about "FE in 3D." Pretty much just mean Awakening and onwards, those two always escape my memory.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

First, I don't "hate" RD. I find it severely flawed and I didn't enjoy it enough to ever replay it, but that's it. Hate is a strong word that most definitely does not apply here.

Second... I'll admit, I keep forgetting the Tellius duology when I talk about "FE in 3D." Pretty much just mean Awakening and onwards, those two always escape my memory.

Logically speaking, I think 3D FE was mainly held back by limitations. 

Three Houses is really the only 3D FE to not have an excuse for why it looks the way it does, especially since we now have Engage to compare it to.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Logically speaking, I think 3D FE was mainly held back by limitations. 

Three Houses is really the only 3D FE to not have an excuse for why it looks the way it does, especially since we now have Engage to compare it to.

Yeah, you got it spot on. Awakening is pretty rough too, but Fates and Echoes definitely do look like they were seriously hels back by the 3DS.

Eh, it's also a matter of bad direction.

PoR and Radiant Dawn were aware that their map models and animations were poor. They still had plenty of cutscenes using the map models, but they were smart enough to keep the camera far away from them, so the many problems of the models don't stick out. Heck, for the longest time I didn't even know the PoR models actually HAD faces. Because the camera simply avoids showing them to you.

Meanwhile 3DS Emblem just can't stop itself from moving the camera nice and close. Sometimes even a close-up of people's faces. Even though it's obvious that they don't hold up at that distance.

Plus, they had the processing power for stuff like jiggle physics. So, you know, feels like they could have used their resources more effectively.

So what does any of that have to do with battle animation movement? They didn't have to have cavs and pegs both pigstick an enemy with a lance. Or myrms to swing like their arms are so stiff that they can't bend their elbows at all.

One thing I always found hilarious about RD animations is the fact that buff axemen, cavalry charging at the enemy at full speed, flying dragon warriors... They hit a skinny mage and the dude flinches slightly.

Weak-ass myrmidons do a slow upwards slash on a burly brigand and he just flies twice his own height upwards. What the hell is up with that?

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, you got it spot on. Awakening is pretty rough too, but Fates and Echoes definitely do look like they were seriously hels back by the 3DS.

This isn't to say there aren't better looking games on the systems they were on but given the circumstances, I think it's alright. Up until Three Houses.

It's seriously amazing how night and day Three Houses and Engage are in the visual department.

I will miss the crit cut-ins tho.