Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Well, since I can't play more Engage for a few days, I might as well keep on going with my random gameboy streak and play Mario Land 2.

Pleasant game, this. Not nearly as poorly aged as the original (though I ran it a couple times and I honestly enjoyed it, bad physics and all), and doubling down on the weirdness. Like, the tree area's first level is simple enough, there's branches, there's animals and stuff. Then for the second one you go in a giant hollow tree and wade through sap. How cool is that? I don't know any other game where you wade through giant tree sap.

Incidentally, I played the first level back-to-back on the original and DX version, and I don't know quite how he managed it, but the modder who made the color mod didn't just color the entire game and add Luigi in a super seamless way, he also improved the game's performance. Yeah, the original had performance issues. Some mild FPS drops in the first level already that aren't present in the mod. Turns out the Switch didn't do it first lol

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

PM was was killed a while before Ultimate's release. 

It was more popular than Trash, no doubt about it.

That may have been it, then. They felt threatened by a mod overshadowing their official title, and to preserve the future sales of the series, they obliterated the mod.

Though honestly, who knows. They struck down that one Melee tournament under charges of using ROMs, and they stood to gain absolutely nothing and in fact lose goodwill from the fanbase for it. Maybe they just have a hate hard-on for Smash or something.

47 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

It's time

Wish me luck

I would have to know what the context is, but like, good luck, sure.

47 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Can I offer you a mod in question?

https://gamebanana.com/mods/420332

I played this mod a bit with the rebalance mod, and while making the pair up more like Fates makes the game a bit easier, it also made it more fun (for me) because I got to play around with the dual strikes a bit

Oh yeah, I remember that mod. I'll probably throw that one in as well, or maybe Project Thabes, when I do get around to replaying Awakening. Which, in fairness, is probably not happening any time soon. I read literally all of Gregor's supports and found myself feeling like I'd seen all I needed to see lol

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

They might be referring to the Wii version where at times it could be difficult to see where you were going.

Ah, I see. Yeah, here it's definitely not an issue anymore.

Hmm... going around the waist...

Please tell me we're not entering the Bionis through its butthole.

24 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, I see. Yeah, here it's definitely not an issue anymore.

The Wii version also experiences extreme frame drops in later game areas, so good thing your playing DE!

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So, is there even a point to Guests beyond just... being there?

No, they just let you know who's currently traveling with the party at that point.

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Also, wonder what Pokemon got unanimously banned in a suspect test?

Alright I will bite. Whats the current Smogon gossip.

In a completely unrelated note, I have finally started Sekiro, and it is an oddly different experience from the Dark Souls games and Elden Ring. You need to be much more aggressive, and the way health works for both you and your enemies feels like nonsense.

Also of note, I faced the bosses slightly out of order, with Lady Butterfly being the first boss I faced, which was made particularly difficult by me wasting the one snap pea they give you on a menuing error, so I had to suffer through her illusory warriors attack every time. I did find a technique to utterly cheese her first form (single attack, move slightly diagonal towards her, single attack, move slightly diagonal towards her...repeat until dead), which even got me out of her first form damage-less a few times, but it took a bit. Then I first tried what should have been the first boss (Gyoubu on horse) to just emphasize that I did this out of order. I have found a third boss (Genichiro), but I have areas that I haven't fully explored yet, so I will probably put that fight off for a little bit.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dickson as a real playable would've gotten me to play the game.

Pretty sure this is doable via mods, just change his guest flag to "able to switch to" similar to Dunban.

5 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Pretty sure this is doable via mods, just change his guest flag to "able to switch to" similar to Dunban.

Yeah, if he's a proper playable it would be less difficult to make it happen.

3 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Of course he has like, 4 arts. Xd

I would make it work.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? There's no visibility issue at all.

Oh. I know it was an issue in the Wii version.

22 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Alright I will bite. Whats the current Smogon gossip.

The latest I know is that Shed Tail was banned from OU, and Cyclizar was unbanned as a result. In other tiers: Sandy Shocks is being suspected in UU, Pom Pom Oricorio is being suspected in RU, and male Indeedee is being suspected in NU. Vivillon was QBed from PU, and Moody was banned from Ubers. Also of note, Staraptor is FINALLY able to settle in UU after 5 generations of getting b& from it!

It was Sky Shaymin that was unanimously banned in a suspect test in Gen 5. It wasn't because it was broken, but rather because it was a serious pain in the arse (all due to Serene Grace [which doubles the chances of the added effects of attack moves happening], Air Slash for flinching, and Seed Flare for Special Defense drops; while flinch + Serene Grace isn't exclusive to it, it's much faster than the other mons that are known for such, those being Togekiss and Jirachi). The fact that it was so despised that absolutely everybody wanted its ass gone says a lot about how infuriating it was to deal with. Especially considering that even the more obvious ban cases have a few dissenters.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Even Kamille knows who's best girl

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I would have to know what the context is, but like, good luck, sure.

The new Saint Seiya movie is not good. It's not Dragon Ball Evolution-tier, but still...

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, I remember that mod. I'll probably throw that one in as well, or maybe Project Thabes, when I do get around to replaying Awakening. Which, in fairness, is probably not happening any time soon. I read literally all of Gregor's supports and found myself feeling like I'd seen all I needed to see lol

#doitforher

One of those nights where I'm unable to sleep b/c thoughts. Much of the recently-passed yesterday had me still smiling brightly on the inside, cherishing those beautiful beach convos from the night before that. How I yearned to express the surge of levity in my heart, but could not. What am I, a 14-year-old schoolgirl with all her thoughts innocently distracted by romance?🤨 -But I'm not, I'll hit the big 3-0 in less than half-a-year now, twice the age permissible for that junk. The notion of being "young at heart" can be an optimistic spin on old age, yet I don't see it like that. It's reminding me I'm "stunted" I would say, stuck in a general emotional-mental-existential-"proper in the normative cycle" life-stage that is dissonant with my physical age. And this just, keeps, on, happening.😣 Except now almost at the dreaded age when youth, as if it wasn't already dead at 25, is well and truly buried deep underground. I can't pretend it's in the distant future any longer, it has pulled into the driveway, scythe in hand, three minutes from knocking on the front door. -My apologies to the senior Teehee members who find my choice of fanciful language insulting.

Why is it that witnessing ♂️♂️ intimacy in a video game context tends to send me way up and then eventually down? Oh, wait, you know the answer extremely well, you already wrote part of it out. So it is that SRW remains my best video game comfort food, I can casually munch on it at any time and it doesn't come with this drawback.

...Do I feel any more tired after writing this over the course of like 30~40 minutes? Somewhat, perhaps. Guess I'll just need to stay on the Internet until I can't keep my eyes open any longer. That's my usual procedure for something like this.

Great, the first one I actually need to promote to an Advanced Class, and it's only a 66% success chance... which fails right now.

Anyway, time for Gronder.

Dimitri ended up being the last defeated. How... symbolically foreshadowy. Didn't planned to, but it ended up that way. Hmmm...

Well, that's Chapter 7 done.

6 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

The new Saint Seiya movie is not good. It's not Dragon Ball Evolution-tier, but still...

Oh.

...What's a Dragon Ball-- Nah jk lol haha

6 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

#doitforher

I mean, I did enjoy her support with Gregor. But I think my favorite of his ships was with Cordelia. Guy tried to wingman for her and Chrom because he's the best person in Ylisse and ended up accidentally seducing her by being the best person in Ylisse, that was absolutely hysterical.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

"Hello? Is this thing on? Am I all alone? Is anyone there? I need a bigger gun."

This game's literally just Garry's Mod.

No, seriously. You drag things around the air with a shiny blueish beam and stick them together to build any kind of contraption you like. You use all sorts of completely wacky weapons with varying degrees of power that you produce instantly. There's an assortment of aleatory mechanics that don't feel like they should fit together in the same game, I mean you can fucking surf in the game for no reason.

It's literally just Garry's Mod with a plot.

Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing, mind. This looks like the best Zelda game ever, and I'm saying this as someone whose general opinion of Zelda is "it just looks kind of whatever." Actually that's probably it, I'd have more fun building shit that doesn't work and exploring all the fuse possibilities than slashing generic mobs with a sword to save a princess like in every other Zelda game

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

One of those nights where I'm unable to sleep b/c thoughts. Much of the recently-passed yesterday had me still smiling brightly on the inside, cherishing those beautiful beach convos from the night before that. How I yearned to express the surge of levity in my heart, but could not. What am I, a 14-year-old schoolgirl with all her thoughts innocently distracted by romance?🤨 -But I'm not, I'll hit the big 3-0 in less than half-a-year now, twice the age permissible for that junk. The notion of being "young at heart" can be an optimistic spin on old age, yet I don't see it like that. It's reminding me I'm "stunted" I would say, stuck in a general emotional-mental-existential-"proper in the normative cycle" life-stage that is dissonant with my physical age. And this just, keeps, on, happening.😣 Except now almost at the dreaded age when youth, as if it wasn't already dead at 25, is well and truly buried deep underground. I can't pretend it's in the distant future any longer, it has pulled into the driveway, scythe in hand, three minutes from knocking on the front door. -My apologies to the senior Teehee members who find my choice of fanciful language insulting.

Why is it that witnessing ♂️♂️ intimacy in a video game context tends to send me way up and then eventually down? Oh, wait, you know the answer extremely well, you already wrote part of it out. So it is that SRW remains my best video game comfort food, I can casually munch on it at any time and it doesn't come with this drawback.

...Do I feel any more tired after writing this over the course of like 30~40 minutes? Somewhat, perhaps. Guess I'll just need to stay on the Internet until I can't keep my eyes open any longer. That's my usual procedure for something like this.

I can relate. Well, not to the exact nature of the intrusive thoughts, perhaps, but I did have a couple of these "can't fall asleep if I tried" nights last week. It's awfully uncomfortable.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Dimitri ended up being the last defeated. How... symbolically foreshadowy. Didn't planned to, but it ended up that way. Hmmm...

Well, that's Chapter 7 done.

It's some kind of twisted joke, to be sure.

You know what's legitimately unbelievable? Even though I'm in the lategame, where I usually start having to force myself to beat the FE game on replays, I'm actually feeling the Engage withdrawal. Why is that game so good?

What's not good is me. I still can't believe I am so fucking incompetent that I can't drag a folder to a hard-drive without somehow fucking it up. This long weekend's going to feel beyond long without being able to play any Engage at all.

The only alternative, to play Sigurd, Roy, Micaiah and chapter 23 again. But by the time I'm done with that, the weekend will be over and I can go back to the city and get my saves, so like... Fucking hell.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This game's literally just Garry's Mod.

No, seriously. You drag things around the air with a shiny blueish beam and stick them together to build any kind of contraption you like. You use all sorts of completely wacky weapons with varying degrees of power that you produce instantly

Someone already made the Goblin Glider

Of course, stuff like this further pushes away the Zelda elitists. Even with TotK having a more designed story and dungeons with actual aesthetic differences, they still want the old formula of "go to dungeon -> find special item -> best boss using that item ->". And at least in 3D, it looks like they won't be getting that anytime soon.

It creates a disconnect between those old fans and the devs themselves. The elitists say this "doesn't feel like Zelda" while the devs themselves are saying "no this is what Zelda was always supposed to be". Not the Garry's Mod part necessarily, moreso the part where the player is free to do whatever. They literally go in an interview where they are like "yeah as Zelda evolved, the games got more and more linear and we kinda wanted to return to the freedom of the original". It's why the last three Zelda games (A Link Between Worlds, Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom) all emphasize non-linearity, with the latter two going full sandbox.

Apparently the devs themselves were just tired of the routine in previous games so working on BotW was such a breath (heh) of fresh air for them.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Of course, stuff like this further pushes away the Zelda elitists. Even with TotK having a more designed story and dungeons with actual aesthetic differences, they still want the old formula of "go to dungeon -> find special item -> best boss using that item ->". And at least in 3D, it looks like they won't be getting that anytime soon.

Here's my issue with sticking to formula: the player can never experience new possibilities! Whether it's gameplay, characters, etc, sticking to formula means the player will just know what's coming and while there are times when even i say "yeah, i'm glad this is here again!" overall i think it's better to explore new ideas across the board.