Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Are you fucking kidding me, Acacia

Nah, just the part where you took away Shrimpy's anime.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, Apollo and his ten backstories are coming to PC? Awesome. I never did play these games. Probably still won't bother, they don't exactly fill me with confidence and I've eaten way too many spoilers at this point.

...What about Layton, tho?

Maybe one day too?

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

can't believe you have such poor taste. Who're you using, then? Reveal to me your team composition, and I shall judge your choices. I have every right to do so - after all, I've done a run before where I used literally the entire cast. You've no excuse!

No thank you. Xd

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, the world needs to be able to play as hit Fire Emblem character, Perez. And the rest

I see.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nah, just the part where you took away Shrimpy's anime.

He needs to get over his addiction.

Maybe one day too?

Hopefully so, though I can imagine why it'd be trickier to port. You know, licensing issues and stuff.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

No thank you. Xd

Awww.

Nah but seriously, who're you using? I'm curious.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hopefully so, though I can imagine why it'd be trickier to port. You know, licensing issues and stuff.

Hm? There's some issue with licensing when it comes to the Layton games?

Incidentally, I have two character slots left up for grabs. Every boss in FE6 has been accounted for, as well as all the relevant NPCs (all five of them). Three slots, depending on how much I feel Bors deserves to get in for his role in the tutorial. Four, if I don't merge Dayan and Juno into one, non-route exclusive character.

Point is, if you care to give any suggestions, I'm willing to consider. No playable characters, please.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? There's some issue with licensing when it comes to the Layton games?

They weren't made by Capcom, so I imagine they'd have to negotiate for a re-release. And that's never a fun time. There's the possibility that it goes without a hitch, but ultimately, it's an extra hurdle to overcome.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They weren't made by Capcom, so I imagine they'd have to negotiate for a re-release. And that's never a fun time. There's the possibility that it goes without a hitch, but ultimately, it's an extra hurdle to overcome.

Negotiate who, Valve? They can just ask Level-5. And Level-5 has games on Steam.

Or you're just talking exclusively about the cross-over game?

54 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Negotiate who, Valve? They can just ask Level-5. And Level-5 has games on Steam.

The cross-over, of course. Capcom needs to talk the terms and condition of a PWvsPL rerelease with Level 5. And again, it could well go without a hitch, but this kind of stuff is often what keeps crossovers from being rereleased.

For an example, the Left 4 Dead heist in Payday: The Heist took until almost the end of Payday 2's lifetime to be ported, exclusively due to the difficulty of having to get Valve's ok. Every other heist in the game had already been ported over the years.

45 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Then don't replace it with Nazi bullshit, Mr. Beard addict

Hey don't look at me, I'm not John Youtube

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, Apollo and his ten backstories are coming to PC? Awesome. I never did play these games. Probably still won't bother, they don't exactly fill me with confidence and I've eaten way too many spoilers at this point.

You could always give it a chance. Apollo Justice got way more crap than it deserved for staring Apollo, and the other two are solid as well.

Although I will note that they have none of the Layton games on Steam, and if there is some reason for that decision, it may be a difficulty for the Layton crossover to reach Steam as well.

I wonder if it's those controversial changes that are making Reddit function like crap these days. I swear half the time it can't load anything.

...oh no wait, this particular time it's not loading because r/fireemblem is still private. Dang, all I wanted was to read an old thread about bossmen. Or, more precisely, bosswomen.

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

You could always give it a chance. Apollo Justice got way more crap than it deserved for staring Apollo, and the other two are solid as well.

I have played Apollo. I know it as the AA game I quit for three years before returning as a joke. Case 1 was brilliant, then it steadily decreased in quality. Still, it was great every second Kristoph was onscreen.

As for the other two... Yeah, sadly spoilers are an issue there. I know like, everything lol. Though to be fair, I was also spoiled the final boss of I2 and everything surrounding them still caught me completely offguard, so...

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Point is, if you care to give any suggestions, I'm willing to consider. No playable characters, please.

An aged BlaBla boss/villain - an old Glass that's frustrated that despite a life of heinous villainy, everybody just remembers him as the guy with the "peerless swordsplay". Or a disfigured Ephidel (although I don't remember if that scene gives room for a not-quite-dead outcome). Yogi the Knight boss from Lyn Mode because he has a funny name.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...oh no wait, this particular time it's not loading because r/fireemblem is still private. Dang, all I wanted was to read an old thread about bossmen. Or, more precisely, bosswomen.

That should end today, no? Though if I recall, some places were planning to remain private for longer.

7 minutes ago, gnip said:

An aged BlaBla boss/villain - an old Glass that's frustrated that despite a life of heinous villainy, everybody just remembers him as the guy with the "peerless swordsplay". Or a disfigured Ephidel (although I don't remember if that scene gives room for a not-quite-dead outcome). Yogi the Knight boss from Lyn Mode because he has a funny name.

Actually, there's already a couple of those. If you wish to know...

Spoiler

I went with the only pick more predictable than Glass - Batta, who joins in Garrett's place. I also went with a morph to replace Niime, though it's Limstella instead of Ephidel because the hack is in a dire, dire need of more girls. And because I kinda love her design. And because much-better-hack Sword of Heaven and Earth already did the Ephidel revival.

Yogi does have a funny name, but unfortunately for him, you know what the hack does not need? More generals. I've already had to get creative to get some variety into the pile of recolored generals and zerkers lol

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That should end today, no? Though if I recall, some places were planning to remain private for longer.

I don't know what r/fe's plan was. They did say they were open to the possibility of maintaining it longer.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

though it's Limstella instead of Ephidel because the hack is in a dire, dire need of more girls.

Spoiler

> Limstella

> More girls

Uh... yeah, about that...

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

> Limstella

> More girls

Uh... yeah, about that...

Spoiler

I never thought there was doubt about that, was there? I seem to recall 7 referring to her as female, and she uses the female sage class. Plus, while she's not as... Uh, obvious as someone like Sonia, she looks female to me. What, did Heroes establish them as non-binary or something? I mean, fine by me, but I was not aware.

Apropos of nothing, Aragon is kinda strong.

qwe0nxT.png

3x the development of the next-largest tag, less than 100 years into the game, Is pretty good. I'm sure the big majors with three dozen free Personal Unions in their mission trees are even stronger, not to mention Timmy or Otto, but still.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

I never thought there was doubt about that, was there? I seem to recall 7 referring to her as female, and she uses the female sage class. Plus, while she's not as... Uh, obvious as someone like Sonia, she looks female to me. What, did Heroes establish them as non-binary or something? I mean, fine by me, but I was not aware.

Spoiler

Yeah, that's basically it. Heroes stablished Limstella as having no gender, because Morph.

Time may tell what they may do with Ephidel, whenever is added to FEH. Meanwhile, there's little doubt they'll keep Sonia female, since having a gender identity was part of her purpose of being created, so she's definitely female.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Although, come to think of it, it's possible they may just

Spoiler

Say he's male.

I can see the logic that if Nergal needed to create a Morph to interact with other people, or were made in the image of existing people, then yeah, they'd have stuff like that. Unlike Morphs meant for other tasks or just in general, like Limstella was.

52 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, that's basically it. Heroes stablished Limstella as having no gender, because Morph.

Time may tell what they may do with Ephidel, whenever is added to FEH. Meanwhile, there's little doubt they'll keep Sonia female, since having a gender identity was part of her purpose of being created, so she's definitely female.

I understand...

48 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Although, come to think of it, it's possible they may just

Hide contents

Say he's male.

I can see the logic that if Nergal needed to create a Morph to interact with other people, or were made in the image of existing people, then yeah, they'd have stuff like that. Unlike Morphs meant for other tasks or just in general, like Limstella was.

I like the implication that Denning is just a face with limbs with nothing underneath the robe

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like the implication that Denning is just a face with limbs with nothing underneath the robe

I mean, by that point Nergal was running out of Quintessence, as Limstella informs him. So only doing the bare minimum to the Morphs we see in the final chapters makes total sense. Denning gets the extra luxury of having a pre-recorded message to speak on a loop, and a name too apparently, since Nergal wasn't going to warp over there again.

Would it be too on the nose to use Denning for your hack? Strictly speaking, since his map is a Defend one, he's not required to be killed.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Would it be too on the nose to use Denning for your hack? Strictly speaking, since his map is a Defend one, he's not required to be killed.

I mean, I'm already using two bosses who very much died, but I feel like between the first one and Sommie, there's enough memes lol

Plus I already fashioned two snipers into existence