Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

With the pre-final dungeon exposition dump, Cold Steel III reaches levels of exposition that shouldn't even be possible.

Spoiler

Framing one of your political enemies for an atrocity to gain public support for your evil plans? Nice job copying Dieter's homework, Osborne.

I am mildly proud of myself for realizing that Gaius's offscreen power up was that he became a Dominion... though I only suspected that because I saw a joke about how Gaius's devotion to the church would make him a good fit for the position. He inherited his Stigma from the late Barkhorn (which is a shame, because I would've liked to meet him), so the total number of known Dominions is still at five. I wonder which of Kuro's party members will secretly be a Dominion?

It only took three games but Erebonia's Sept-Terrion situation is finally explained. The Fire and Earth Sept-Terrions fought in the past and fused to form the Great One, and the Great One's physical form was split amongst the seven Divine Knights. The Hexen Clan and Gnomes were the respective guardians of the Fire and Earth STs, which is consistent with what Weissmann said about each of the treasures having their own faction. While I figured the guardians at Nord and Bryonia would be related to the Divine Knights, I didn't think they were the husks of the Sept-Terrions. I wonder what the Vermilion Apocalypse is, if it isn't the Sept-Terrion of Fire like I thought...

Roselia probably has the record for the oldest non-Holy Beast character, being around 800. Arianrhod has also been active for the past 250 years or so, but she wasn't recruited into Ouroboros until 20 years ago.

Altina is even more like Rei Ayanami than I expected, being the keystone for the Third Impact... I mean, Great Twilight. At least Altina got to keep her clothes on.

The Anguis have decided to join forces with Osborne and his Legion of Doom, and you thought Ouroboros wouldn't be the secondary villains again? The new Third Anguis is pretty good at backstabbing people, so we'll see how long the alliance will last. On the other hand, Vita is technically a good guy now, which is nice to see. The society's ultimate goal of collecting all the Sept-Terrions is acknowledged for the first time, though the details of the Phantasmal Blaze Plan still aren't fully disclosed.

Also Professor Lughman was secretly a villain, of course. While I assumed he was part of the Black Workshop, I thought he would be a different person from Black Alberich, and by extension Alisa's father. Now she and Rean can bond over their evil dads, Class VII sure has a lot of daddy issues. It's a bit funny how the twist is predicated on the game not revealing what Franz Reinford's original last name was.

On 6/11/2023 at 10:28 PM, Newtype06 said:

It's like, 5 hours long IIRC.

I see, so it's not like Trails to Azure where the final chapter is 40% of the game.

On 6/12/2023 at 10:48 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Sommie eats whoever recruits him.

Sommie has graduated from eating beans to eating souls.

On 6/12/2023 at 3:17 PM, Armagon said:

Developers of such classics such as Yoshi's New Island, Hey Pikmin and Balan Wonderworld.

Sonic fans had it too good with Frontiers, the universe required correction.

Classic Sonic fans must know how modern Sonic fans felt.

But Hey! Pikmin has Olimar feel sorry for Donkey Kong because he thinks he has an office job, so it's pretty good.

17 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Guess I no longer need to get them on mobile. Nice.

I didn't think we would get a 4-6 collection, so this is nice to see. Now more people can experience the wonders of Spark Brushel and Paul Atishon.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, Apollo and his ten backstories are coming to PC?

Apollo really only has one backstory, and it took three games for him to get it (unless you count "he had a friend" as a backstory).

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

29 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Sommie has graduated from eating beans to eating souls.

We still love him.

I didn't think we would get a 4-6 collection, so this is nice to see. Now more people can experience the wonders of Spark Brushel and Paul Atishon.

Oh god, Brushel. I remember that guy. He was like, actually kind of a regular, decent dude, but then his sprite was the creepiest shit ever for absolutely no reason.

Apollo really only has one backstory, and it took three games for him to get it (unless you count "he had a friend" as a backstory).

They had to compensate for his first game, where he has neither a backstory, nor a character.

Just now, BrightBow said:

At first I thought "is that Yumiluna from Rondo of Swords, of all people? What's she doing here?"

Then I realized that's stupid, but I don't remember that woman's name.

It's her fault for being Lena Clone #6435 that doesn't even bother to have a different hair color

24 chapters cleared, two short of J's halfway point, which I should reach tonight. The no-lifeing continues, accompanied by a measure of late-night trying to sleep, but, given over to the disconnected silence, are overwhelmed by the recognition that I am a wasted existence too given to inertia. In other words, nothing out of the ordinary.

Staying on Earth instead of going to the Moon... a four-wave Grand Cher battle was very gnatty. I had no qualms letting Granteed smash through those. The prior Reclaimers + Hakkeshu + filler Baron Ashura encounter was bulky, but not too bad. The Boazanian battle... those are the beefiest of grunts of any villain group, quite the difference from the Grand Chers.

I don't think it had been made sufficiently clear on my first playthrough that to live in Orphan is enter a cult-like gradual brainwashing into desiring to serve Orphan. That, if Yuu is right explains the craziness of the Brain Powerd baddies, and perhaps the oddity of recruiting two of them no-secrets needed when BP story is done. I also noticed a random factoid dropped by Yuu that the Coordinators have a low/declining birthrate? Even Gundam can't escape that IRL issue.

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Well that should motivate me into resuming TS -except for the fact I'm already bogged down in an SRPG.

And golden ending only... well, I'm not sure I'd do a second playthrough. So maybe look up the requires. But I'm thinking I'd rather not consult the Internet, and instead roll with whatever ending I get.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

She is basically Sylvis as a cleric.

The hairstyle, maybe, but the attire is just Lena again. These clerics need to ditch the white hoodie already. Put on some purple robes or something.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The hairstyle, maybe, but the attire is just Lena again. These clerics need to ditch the white hoodie already. Put on some purple robes or something.

I admit, a black hoodie like Karajan would be more fashionable.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Why would they do this?

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hey atleast she isn't Athol

Ah yes, Little Miss "I don't exist until the end of the game, when Mr. Kaga-san felt particularly horny for underaged girls in distress."

Karajan needs to jump out of the game and whack Kaga over the head with Nocturne.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I admit, a black hoodie like Karajan would be more fashionable.

See, Karajan has the right idea. He's a literal generic. That's unique, in a certain way.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, Little Miss "I don't exist until the end of the game, when Mr. Kaga-san felt particularly horny for underaged girls in distress."

I wish he only felt horny and not made her one of the most useless female characters in the genre

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I wish he only felt horny and not made her one of the most useless female characters in the genre

I wish it was neither. How about that?

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't think it had been made sufficiently clear on my first playthrough that to live in Orphan is enter a cult-like gradual brainwashing into desiring to serve Orphan. That, if Yuu is right explains the craziness of the Brain Powerd baddies, and perhaps the oddity of recruiting two of them no-secrets needed when BP story is done. I also noticed a random factoid dropped by Yuu that the Coordinators have a low/declining birthrate? Even Gundam can't escape that IRL issue.

I mean, part of it comes down to how the whole thing began. After all, Orphan is in the bottom of the ocean. How did anyone got in there? Since you've seen the Brain Powerd finale events in the first playthrough, recall the stuff talked about Orphan being lonely. Then how it sends its antibodies to bring back those plates and stuff. And the fact that, despite being able to act on their own, the antibodies still are capable of being "piloted", so to speak.

I don't remember if the anime itself went into more detail, but I would figure that when Orphan first sent its antibodies, it did so in the hopes of picking up some humans so its journey into deep space would not just be done on its lonesome. Hence the Reclaimers thinking they were Orphan's chosen, and with the estimations that Orphan would kill all life on Earth in its effort to leave the planet... Thus the cult-like atmosphere developed.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, part of it comes down to how the whole thing began. After all, Orphan is in the bottom of the ocean. How did anyone got in there? Since you've seen the Brain Powerd finale events in the first playthrough, recall the stuff talked about Orphan being lonely. Then how it sends its antibodies to bring back those plates and stuff. And the fact that, despite being able to act on their own, the antibodies still are capable of being "piloted", so to speak.

I don't remember if the anime itself went into more detail, but I would figure that when Orphan first sent its antibodies, it did so in the hopes of picking up some humans so its journey into deep space would not just be done on its lonesome. Hence the Reclaimers thinking they were Orphan's chosen, and with the estimations that Orphan would kill all life on Earth in its effort to leave the planet... Thus the cult-like atmosphere developed.

True. Seeing the end of things first time, I realize the cultism wasn't intentional on Orphan's part. And that really, it's humans misunderstanding an enormous non-humanoid organism that doesn't talk which ended up causing all the problems.

Which reminded me...

Screenshot-2021-12-20-at-10.23.06-700x39

Translated into metric- 9.1 square kilometers, 31500 metric tons.

Lives underground in eastern Oregon. Technically it's a colony of connected individual fungi, but details schmails. -It appears not to be the oldest living organism in the world though, that detail is incorrect.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Nuh uh

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I see, so it's not like Trails to Azure where the final chapter is 40% of the game.

Thank god its not. Though Kuro comes close

15 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Lmao

Worm Knight in FE when?

We're halfway there

https://cdn.fireemblemwiki.org/thumb/0/08/Ss_fe16_giant_crawler_battle.png/1200px-Ss_fe16_giant_crawler_battle.png

Maybe we'll see it in the inevitable Three Houses 2

I beat Sonic Generations and the classic stages are like an 8/10 but the 3D stages are like a 5/10.

It balances out to a 7/10 and idk what else to say, it's just Sonic.

So uh… after another vanishing spell, I’m back. Hi.

Contrary to my pfp, I haven’t played Tears of the Kingdom. But you know what I am playing for the first time? Fe12! Maniac mode, I’m at chapter 13x. Game is pretty good, although there’s some issues (I know there’s map saves but 12 move wyvern ambush spawns? Really?).

• All the treasure in chapter 7 is just… impossible to get, unless you rig Navarre crits, which is what I did. I mean I guess that’s not necessarily bad but it’s just weird to have a anti-turtling incentive that’s impossible.

• The bridge chapter is great.

• Chapter 10 is bad, don’t have the rescue staff? Fuck you, Merric dies. Didn’t buy pure water in the last chapter? Fuck you, everyone dies because siege tomes near where you start, but across water, surrounded by mages with flier effective magic.

• The second desert map is actually a fairly good desert map, because while your move takes forever, the enemy’s doesn’t, so it becomes a fun game of positioning. Until you kill all the wyverns and then it becomes walking simulator, but it’s fun while it lasts.

• Character recruitment in this game is really funny. Marth is just existing somewhere only for Malice, Dice, Roberto, Belf, and Reiden to make it to the prince of Altea. Who the fuck are you people? Playable, apparently (I mean I know the last three were playable in other FE but still, the way they just pop up is funny). Why is Jake fighting with the sand clan even if Anna does have a secret shop nearby? Darros has fallen on hard times, so he’s had to turn back to piratry. Why is he pirating in a desolate, harsh climate with pools of lava that barely anyone can survive through? How are you making money?? And then of course there’s Beck in the mountains, but the game doesn’t even try there lol. It is sad to not have their ballistas tho.

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

With the pre-final dungeon exposition dump, Cold Steel III reaches levels of exposition that shouldn't even be possible.

And this is the first post I see! How do you like the new characters? Which unimportant festival scenes did you see? Do you like any of the new music?

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Spoiler

It only took three games but Erebonia's Sept-Terrion situation is finally explained.

Would’ve made the earlier stuff more compelling if we knew it back then

Edited by Sooks