• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What have you been playing?

I don't know if you were around for me getting all achievements on Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, but that was a thing for a while, and as you might see me randomly commenting on, I am playing The Great Ace Attorney games, the odd prequels to the Ace Attorney games set in Sherlock Holmes (or as he is called in game Herlock Sholmes 😛 ) era London, with our Japanese foreign exchange law students

5 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I don't know if you were around for me getting all achievements on Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, but that was a thing for a while,

Actually, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of it, but I hope you had fun. I almost always enjoy going for all the achievements.

and as you might see me randomly commenting on, I am playing The Great Ace Attorney games, the odd prequels to the Ace Attorney games set in Sherlock Holmes (or as he is called in game Herlock Sholmes 😛 ) era London, with our Japanese foreign exchange law students

Nice, I always did want to get into that series.

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

but they looked cool in the trailers

I did not say they aren't cool, I said they're build on top of BotW's core gameplay. That is not a negative statement, or a positive one. It is a neutral comment.

I mean, I didn’t really have any flaws with BotW’s gameplay unless you count korok seeds being boring to get as a gameplay flaw

My pal said the difficulty was too steep at the beginning of the game and that the combat didn't seem built properly around Link's mediocre defensive abilities. Again, just going by what I'm being told here.

Hey I saw those opinions before the game came out!

At risk of getting lynched, I've seen the game and like... "Lazy" and "overrated", I don't know, but I can certainly tell it is ugly lol. Fuck it kinda looks worse than Three Houses while running even more poorly - and it takes some talent to make me give Houses any leeway.

Now, this is not a knock on TotK or the Zelda Team, but on Nintendo. It was a fool's errand to try and fit this game on the Switch. What Nintendo seriously needs to do is stop fretting over losing four or five Switch sales and start releasing games on PC already. Imagine this game, but it actually loads stuff further than 10 meters in front of you while not suffering massive FPS drops every two seconds.

Hey I saw those opinions before the game came out!

Yeah, well, I heard one such opinion long after the game came out

...From someone who's not played it, so like... Take it with a grain of salt, I just thought it was funny that it happened the day before Armagon's review.

I mean his Firestone stats are okayish, I think? Even if he has no long term viability.

In normal mode, maybe, and even there I think it's a stretch.

You go up one difficulty mode and he gets one-rounded by literally everything in his join map.

I wasn’t even worried about Arlen (love translations) dying, it was just Merric. But I guess I didn’t consider he might be out of enemy range if I moved him toward Arlen, so whoops.

You should be more worried about Arlen. He's the cooler of the two. Though everyone knows 12's best mage is Etzel.

Considering the fact that I leveled him to 20 and rigged some levels and promoted him, he is.

Y E S

The legend of Yubello gains another acolyte.

I hope the Daruma comment is setting up for some kind of endearing moment in the ending/credits of one of these games.

Edit: How cruel of them to make Sholmes so bad at violin...

Edit 2: Daaaw a kitty

Edit 3: Was that random side comment...and achievement...a reference to Irene Adler?

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I purchased Generations years ago, owing to a childhood with a bit of Sonic (mostly Adventure 2 Battle, but also some Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog including the true ending, Sonic Advance 1, Sonic Battle), and knowing this was probably the best modern Sonic game in since Colors.

However, I didn't play very far, and the modern Sonic stages might've been too much for my eyes, maybe they can't handle rolling around at the speed of sound in 3D nowadays.

Honestly, this being my first experience with 3D Sonic, i get the feeling that Sonic as it was before didn't work well in 3D. Super unpopular opinion, i know. But it would explain why Frontiers was received so well.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

kMqYXsA.pngUU0wGPv.png
RubplCy.png

Bee Movie sequel going wild.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

What the fuck.

I expected it to just be BotW again, with better mechanics.

It makes BotW look like a first draft.

What really sells it is funnily enough, it took what made BotW great and combined it with what made Majora's Mask great, that is, sidequests that actually matter that feed into the game's overall story and themes. It's crazy that this is only the second Zelda game to do this. Read my review that Ruben posted the link to for the full thoughts (if you haven't already).

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

gain, though, this is just what I've been told. I've also been told the game is lazy, ugly and overrated, but Armagon will kill me so let's not get into that.

I could always just kill the other guy.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuck it kinda looks worse than Three Houses while running even more poorly - and it takes some talent to make me give Houses any leeway.

Ok this is actually cap

Three Houses would shit itself trying to do a fraction of this.

I can't actually think of any instance i got noticable framedrops either. I mean, it happened but like.......twice in my 110 hours of playtime?

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I did not say they aren't cool, I said they're build on top of BotW's core gameplay. That is not a negative statement, or a positive one. It is a neutral comment.

Well, oops. I interpreted it more negatively, like “the mechanics aren’t properly integrated!”, my bad.

My pal said the difficulty was too steep at the beginning of the game and that the combat didn't seem built properly around Link's mediocre defensive abilities. Again, just going by what I'm being told here.

Sounds fun

At risk of getting lynched, I've seen the game and like... "Lazy" and "overrated", I don't know, but I can certainly tell it is ugly lol. Fuck it kinda looks worse than Three Houses while running even more poorly - and it takes some talent to make me give Houses any leeway.

You think BotW is ugly? Damn. Guess that’s subjective, I thought the first game looked decent, and this one looks the same.

You go up one difficulty mode and he gets one-rounded by literally everything in his join map.

True, I think he was getting one rounded by cavaliers. I kinda assumed he was another growth manakete like Tiki in the last game.

You should be more worried about Arlen. He's the cooler of the two.

He also wasn’t surrounded by 50 enemies. But yes.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What really sells it is funnily enough, it took what made BotW great and combined it with what made Majora's Mask great, that is, sidequests that actually matter that feed into the game's overall story and themes. It's crazy that this is only the second Zelda game to do this.

Yooooooooo

That was a nicely informative explanation of how pawn brokers were used in the old London town.

Edit: It Was Natsume's cat, his little evil spirit 😛

Edit 2: ...the Cat Flapomat. I was trying to ignore it before, but the anime invention nonsense is dumb.

Edit 3: ITS A STADIVARIUS...Oh no, that cat damage...

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I could always just kill the other guy.

No, don't, we agreed years ago I'd be the one to kill him.

Accidentally.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok this is actually cap

Three Houses would shit itself trying to do a fraction of this.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You think BotW is ugly? Damn. Guess that’s subjective, I thought the first game looked decent, and this one looks the same.

They try to disguise it by having a really cartoonish, pastel-y artstyle, but the textures, the models and the world itself are all rather plain, not to mention that (at least in ToTK) the draw distance is pitiful. Probably the best they could manage with the Switch's shitty-ass hardware, but it makes the games look a couple generations older.

But hey, that clip Armagon posted looks pretty decent! I've not looked at this game too much, so I won't fight this battle too hard. Perhaps it just looks worse on videos, or I've happened to see more unflattering clips.

...I will stand by the godawful drawing distance, though, because I feel that is completely undeniable. You can actually see the grass spawn right in front of you, and far-away hills look like blotches of green. FPS drops should be unacceptable in a 2023 game where your protagonist suffers from myopia. But that's what it takes to get a game in the Switch.

Incidentally, while writing this, I found this video and it has singlehandedly doubled my interest in this game

2 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

2ce4e130c252cd229756e923f8c97f14.png

*me when Ruben says his opinion* XD

...But it's not my opinion though, it's an opinion I've heard lol

Well, oops. I interpreted it more negatively, like “the mechanics aren’t properly integrated!”, my bad.

I can't tell you that, as I've not played the game.

They try to disguise it by having a really cartoonish, pastel-y artstyle, but the textures, the models and the world itself are all rather plain. Probably the best they could manage with the Switch's shitty-ass hardware, but it makes the games look a couple generations older.

True, I think he was getting one rounded by cavaliers. I kinda assumed he was another growth manakete like Tiki in the last game.

Nah, Bantu's never a growth manakete. Not that Tiki is much better, and she also suffers from being a generic dragon loli, disgusting

He also wasn’t surrounded by 50 enemies. But yes.

Use Elrean, Sooks.

12 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...the Cat Flapomat. I was trying to ignore it before, but the anime invention nonsense is dumb.

I have to agree, honestly, but in this case (as in, the court case) they actually do something interesting with it. More specifically, they make an interesting point about it. More on that when the time comes.

49 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What Nintendo seriously needs to do is stop fretting over losing four or five Switch sales and start releasing games on PC already.

I'd support the notion if only for the accessibility.

AJFCJaWMELz_Mw9EUkHKm_L38Tksonip-CZAjE2f

OMG, Mr. Windibank, that is too far..

Ah yes, that one time Ace Attorney ran out of ideas for character gimmicks and decided "you know what? This guy's name is Pop and his gimmick is that he threatens to commit bloody suicide every two seconds."

It's, uh... there have been better gimmicks.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd support the notion if only for the accessibility.

It's just typical Nintendo being stuck in the past. The thing is, I don't even think they'd lose much, if at all. Most people either don't care about Nintendo games, pirate them, or are less tech-savvy folks / can't afford a more powerful PC / simply don't want to deal with PC's idiosyncrasies. Two of those groups would be unaffected by PC ports. The amount of people who do buy Switch consoles, but would not if the games were on PC, isn't that high - and it would be compensated by the group that would stop dealing with the emulators' shit by buying official ports on Steam.

Like always, it all goes back to the Gabe Newell quote. People bragging about pirating isn't usually because they don't have to pay - it's because they get to play it better than those who do it "right."

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They try to disguise it by having a really cartoonish, pastel-y artstyle, but the textures, the models and the world itself are all rather plain

But that’s not bad. To me, anyway.

But hey, that clip Armagon posted looks pretty decent! I've not looked at this game too much, so I won't fight this battle too hard. Perhaps it just looks worse on videos, or I've happened to see more unflattering clips.

...I will stand by the godawful drawing distance, though, because I feel that is completely undeniable. You can actually see the grass spawn right in front of you, and far-away hills look like blotches of green. FPS drops should be unacceptable in a 2023 game where your protagonist suffers from myopia. But that's what it takes to get a game in the Switch.

I haven’t played it so…

Use Elrean, Sooks.

I would like to. The next map being fog of war with ballistas isn’t helping.

I wonder if this Benedict fellow is a reference to the actor who played the awful modern version of Sherlock Holmes on the British tele'.

Edit: Did Lestrade just do a parody of Every Breath You Take lyrics?