Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I've finished Trails into Reverie's last "normal" daydream, which was very good (though I lack any no-context images to share from it). I'll get to the actual end of the Reverie Corridor later, but for now I have some unsorted musings about the future of the Trails series.

Spoiler

As of Reverie we have seen 4/7 Sept-Terrions, 11/22 (presumably) Enforcers, 3/7 Anguis (I still miss Lianne), and 5/12 Dominions. And 1/4 S-rank bracers, still. Maybe the other three are just Cassius in different disguises?

Kondo said after CSIV that there were three more arcs planned, which makes sense because that's the number of Sept-Terrions left. After Calvard, one arc will probably be set in the East and the other will be around Leman and Arteria. Since the church will likely be central to the endgame, Arteria will probably be visited last.

My completely unfounded theory is that the new Seventh Anguis will be revealed in Daybreak 3 (and might be a character introduced in Daybreak beforehand), while the Fifth Anguis will appear in the following arc. The First will probably be saved for last, regardless of whether or not he's Nielsen. I would assume the Sept-Terrion of Time would be saved for last as well, but the other higher element Sept-Terrions were covered already so I'm not sure about that.

I wonder how many of these predictions will be right ten years from now...

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is like my hot writing take but I don't care if you have to asspull out of it, do not end your story on a bleak note under any circumstance.

I think prequels can work as an exception. Torna: The Golden Country and Revenge of the Sith have bleak endings, but it's more acceptable because we know the heroes will set things right eventually.

I'm not sure why this topic is about Awakening because if it was setting up a bleak ending, there wouldn't be so many friendship speeches.

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't get the obsession with taking their revivals into account with the rest of the plot or the claims of them "ruining the story", either. They're very clearly non-canon, pseudo-postgame extras. As far as I'm concerned, Emmeryn died when she did - the other thing was just a fun "what if" scenario.

My favorite clearly non-canon, pseudo-postgame extra was when Camus survived being defeated by Marth and somehow floated across the sea to a different continent. Because if one were to think about it, Gaiden is basically Shadow Dragon's postgame.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Somebody's streaming my hack. I will shill them so I can shill myself in a roundabout way. Which is to say, click here plz

I was going to ask why you made Jahn so weak that even generic enemies can annihilate him, but it turns out the player and enemy colors are switched. A main character being incredibly weak would fit the Binding Blade experience however.

Edited by Lightchao42

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

think prequels can work as an exception. Torna: The Golden Country and Revenge of the Sith have bleak endings, but it's more acceptable because we know the heroes will set things right eventually.

Yeah prequels are exempt from that.

38 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

My favorite clearly non-canon, pseudo-postgame extra was when Camus survived being defeated by Marth and somehow floated across the sea to a different continent. Because if one were to think about it, Gaiden is basically Shadow Dragon's postgame.

Hah! Touché. But hey, it's not like I'm the biggest fan of Book 2's deus ex machinas either. Camus alone is already pretty silly with all his floating, but then Michalis also comes back to life, only to unceremoniously die again at the end? Interesting.

38 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I was going to ask why you made Jahn so weak that even generic enemies can annihilate him, but it turns out the player and enemy colors are switched. A main character being incredibly weak would fit the Binding Blade experience however.

I've been told Zephiel's speed kinda screws him over. But no, Jahn is really good. Perhaps too good even, he used to be a lot worse but I may've overtuned him a tad.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I have a soft spot for Walhart, as I see him as answering an interesting question; what would happen if Chrom decided to abandoned his duty after learning of his doomed destiny. Here is Walhart, all ready to fill Chrom's role in the story of Grima's rise to power, should he waver.

I also find it interesting that Walhart and Emmeryn were basically after the same thing. An eternal peace and unified people, just that their methods differed and neither succeeded.

They even talk a little about that if I recall. Chrom mentions how Walhart is like Emmeryn in that he can rally several people to his cause and inspire fierce loyalty in his subjects.

Also side note, it's interesting how Valentia, the continent which 1000 years prior killed their gods and supposedly freed humanity from their control, later has a guy who's whole goal is to kill the gods and achieve true freedom.

Part of me wanted to theorize that it says something about Modern Valentian culture being impacted by the historical events of Gaiden within it's people buuuut Valm is also apparently obsessed enough with Tiki as the voice of Naga that trying to unify the continent under her was a plot point, so I doubt that was really intended outside of just referencing Gaiden.

Makes me wish Awakening tried to do more worldbuilding off the Archanea games instead of skip a thousand years and not even mention them. If there's ever an Awakening rewritten hack they should do that.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hopefully it works!🙂 And hopefully the cost for the stuff isn't problematic from people who don't actually need it but casually take it.

Our pharmacy is usually pretty good with supply and is pretty strict with making sure you have the prescription for it, so I'm too worried yet.

As to document the affects so far, I don't feel that different but I have felt slightly more productive than usual. At work today I was a lot less exhausted doing the job and felt less of a need to take a break for 30 minutes to scroll on my phone. And in general I feel more energized but I'm not as focused nor motivated to apply that focus onto anything I don't immediately need to do as I'd like to be.

...By the way, a little Native American story I was reading earlier today.:

The Unlikely, Enduring Friendship Between Ireland and the Choctaw Nation | History | Smithsonian Magazine

This is a classic, and a genuinely beautiful show of solidarity admits the horror that these two peoples were dealing with at the time.

Yep. Felt like it last night, I hadn't played anything in days, and this was easy to slide into (I ❤️ Kirby + easy plotless action-platforming). It was the last of my three bday gifts last month.

I've already cleared the first three worlds, I could devour this game very quickly.😅

Oh I love Kirby's Return to Dreamland! I should play the other kirby games at some point.

I used to think I wasn't in to platformers, but lately I think I'm just not into Mario.

xzoIJtl.jpg

Ladies and Gents

Tis time.

a2u6s2w.jpg

power-rangers-retten-frau-vor-schlaegern

(and i mean that in a good way)

rRocYef.jpg

Ok Gilgamesh

muvjevd.jpg

Wanna take another beating?

Mg28NWo.jpg

Oh

Spoiler

mOlBaiW.jpg

Oh boy

Is it happening?

Spoiler

gJ16DnZ.jpg

IT IS

Spoiler

s0XgUil.jpg

I will count this as playable Zelda

P E A K
E
A
K

Spoiler

GLuogN3.jpg

Get rekt by a fire dragon buffed Master Sword!

(Yes, i killed the 3 headed fire dragon before heading to Finale!)

Spoiler

44BQPW9.jpgF

Finish him!

Spoiler

dmIbg2A.jpg

That finale was peak!

Spoiler

KFglw4a.jpg
Rnei9Kq.jpg
GmK9GlR.jpg

Same vibes a certain fav. game of mine 😄

Spoiler

y2FKjv8.jpg
juRDbGi.jpg
IEo4tgK.jpg

GG

Spoiler

4XgLBjq.jpg

Cowards

Has been a while since i played a Finale that peak. Full thoughts on the weekend

I like how Nagisa just randomly comes back into relevance, despite aiming for Kotomi's route. I guess that's what gives when you're the canon choice. It's TOO MUCH HIGH-POWER. lol

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'll upload more pictures soon, i swear. For now, take this one i took at Santiago de Compostela

IMG20231012150503.jpg?ex=653a9976&is=652

Heaven knows some people could use benches along the way. I think I saw once that some people who walk the trail take a moment to knell and pray with every step they take.

If you've at all access to Smithsonian Channel, they did a decent 50-min documentary episode (not amazing, but then TV-programming isn't as good as other things if you want heavy-duty history like me) on the origins of the Camino, part of their Sacred Sites series.

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I also find it interesting that Walhart and Emmeryn were basically after the same thing. An eternal peace and unified people, just that their methods differed and neither succeeded.

Personally, I kinda like Walhart. He is ultimately a humanist, a violent, anti-god, law & order dictator yeah, but a humanist at the heart of it. A bit of a contrast from some other FE villains.

This is a classic, and a genuinely beautiful show of solidarity admits the horror that these two peoples were dealing with at the time.

Agreed. This was surprising, yet touching. That it has inspired modern exchanges keeps this one little act alive as well.

Oh I love Kirby's Return to Dreamland! I should play the other kirby games at some point.

For Kirby, I'm familiar with most of them. You can ask away if you're curious about where to go with the series.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Has been a while since i played a Finale that peak.

Cool to hear!😃 I know you put weight on a good finale.

41 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So anyway, I started blasting...

70s_Texas_Mack.jpg

Getting on with some good stuff?😛

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Getting on with some good stuff?😛

Haha, just remembered Texas Mack could dual-wield revolvers, remembered the meme, then tried to see if there was a good picture for it. XD

But I suppose I have been on some good stuff with Clannad. Ah, it's so... relaxing, to just read up a VN...

*remembers what happens later on*

... for now at least...

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But I suppose I have been on some good stuff with Clannad. Ah, it's so... relaxing, to just read up a VN...

... for now at least...

From an image or two that I've seen of the game, it looks fairly innocent/wholesome.

-But then Japan isn't afraid of whiplash I take it.😈

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

From an image or two that I've seen of the game, it looks fairly innocent/wholesome.

-But then Japan isn't afraid of whiplash I take it.😈

Apparently so. More so if it's a VN from Key/Visual Arts, like Clannad is.

... man, I'm worried about tomorrow. It's very likely at least someone somewhere will be answering that call to "worldwide Jihad" of Hamas... does seem it could be likely.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I have a headache

And my appetite is wavering

The meds are working.

Also I got back into Tears of the Kingdom finally. Still pretty early in the game before the first dungeon, got to the Nazca lines. It is so goddamn cool that boss Bokoblins form a regiment of normal Bokoblins like an army and when I jumped out and fired a bomb arrow at them I felt like I just did a political assassination.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Personally, I kinda like Walhart. He is ultimately a humanist, a violent, anti-god, law & order dictator yeah, but a humanist at the heart of it. A bit of a contrast from some other FE villains.

Exactly. FE doesn't have enough pragmatic villains.

For Kirby, I'm familiar with most of them. You can ask away if you're curious about where to go with the series.

Hmm. Well other than Return to Dreamland I've played Adventure and most of Super Star though I definitely preferred fleshed out nature of the abilities in Return to Dreamland.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Hmm. Well other than Return to Dreamland I've played Adventure and most of Super Star though I definitely preferred fleshed out nature of the abilities in Return to Dreamland.

Super Star is the first game to begin the process of fleshing out Copy Abilities. Although a good 15 years separates Super Star from Return to Dream Land, so the movesets aren't quite as packed.

I would avoid the original Kirby's Dream Land then, no Copy Abilities at all. And the Dark Matter Trilogy- Dream Land 2, Dream Land 3, 64: The Crystal Shards. Those all have one-move abilities, although these one-action abilities change in DL2&3 depending on which animal partner Kirby is paired with ATM, while 64 lets you combine two basic abilities for a different move (i.e. Fire+Cutter = flame sword, Spark+Needle = lightning rod). Amazing Mirror is also pretty much one-move abilities.

Squeak Squad is where complex Copy Abilities first came back after a post-Super Star hiatus. Yet Return to Dream Land usually gets all the unofficial credit and Squeak Squad tends to be written off as an insignificant entry, not creative enough.

After Return to Dream Land, the two 3DS entries- Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot offer similar experiences. Fairly good, though I'd say Robobot is a bit better.

Star Allies I haven't played, I know it got lukewarm reception at launch for being a bit bland. Although it did get a bunch of free updates and allows you to use a slew of characters other than Kirby (and not just King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana Waddle Dee), which might have made it better than it was at release.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land has received great praise as the latest new mainline entry. The spirit of the 2D games are there in this, the first truly 3D Kirby game, but you might want to stick to 2D while you haven't fully explored it.

@Saint Rubenio question, do you got a washer and dryer in your home? On my trip to various parts of Spain so far, i'm seeing a lot of people simply just hanging their clothes out to dry. My aunt and cousin's place in Vigo has one of those washer/dryer combo machines but the drying part sucks so they usually just put it to dry out on the balcony.

And like it's not an isolated thing, because i see this everywhere.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but then Michalis also comes back to life, only to unceremoniously die again at the end? Interesting.

New Mystery walking into the room.

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Also side note, it's interesting how Valentia, the continent which 1000 years prior killed their gods and supposedly freed humanity from their control, later has a guy who's whole goal is to kill the gods and achieve true freedom.

I believe the main theory is that Walhart is a direct descendent of Alm. I think there's a Virion support where he says that unlike Alm, Walhart not having a wife is what caused him to go down his path.

This was pre-Echoes of course so the only thing they had to go off of was a game with 15 lines of dialouge.

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Makes me wish Awakening tried to do more worldbuilding off the Archanea games instead of skip a thousand years and not even mention them.

Would suck for Westerners lmao.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ladies and Gents

Tis time.

Man, between your last post and this one,  you really didn't sleep lmao.

Spoiler

You said "all four dungeons done" not realizing there was a fifth.

Oh

Me when he

Spoiler

flurry rushed my flurry rush.

That finale was peak!

It lives rent free in my head. The music, the scenario, the everything. Easily the best final battle in the entire series.

Has been a while since i played a Finale that peak. Full thoughts on the weekend

Glad you enjoyed it.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Heaven knows some people could use benches along the way.

You know it's weird, i've never gotten tired walking in Spain. Walking at the store at work tires me out but on day 2 in Barcelona, we left the apartment at like 8 in the morning, didn't get back until 12 hours later. Apart from stopping to eat (and i've been eating less for some reason too), whenever my dad would be like "you tired", i'd be like "nah".

And this is with the rather steep parts of the country. Vigo is hell on Earth if you're physically disabled.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

... for now at least...

That reminds me, the Clannad anime never actually went for the good ending, which is why it has the reputation that it does.

School Days also did the same, but it's reputation is entierly different lmao.

It is so goddamn cool that boss Bokoblins form a regiment of normal Bokoblins like an army and when I jumped out and fired a bomb arrow at them I felt like I just did a political assassination

"GET DOWN MR. PRESIDENT"

I would avoid the original Kirby's Dream Land then, no Copy Abilities at all.

Tbf this game is like 30 minutes long max.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Cool to hear!😃 I know you put weight on a good finale.

Naturally!

It's the act the whole game builds up to, it better be epic!

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

ou said "all four dungeons done" not realizing there was a fifth.

Spoiler

I did the 5th Sage in the middle of the game lmao. Was too curious and headed to thunder island early lol and unlocked the quest XD

Purah Pikachu face was a delight

But so is Purah in this game in general

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It lives rent free in my head. The music, the scenario, the everything. Easily the best final battle in the entire series

It truly went above and beyond

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Glad you enjoyed it.

o7

29 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
Spoiler

Purah Pikachu face was a delight

Spoiler

I like how it's possible to do the Regional Phenomena before ever meeting Purah

I actually did also go to the Thunderhead Isles early but then the visibility dropped to zero and i was like "ok i gotta clear this up first". I mean, it's not necessary to do so but it makes it smoother.

(I also had the Thunderhelm equipped so i didn't have to worry about lightning strikes).

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I like how it's possible to do the Regional Phenomena before ever meeting Purah

....doesn't that mean no Paraglider....

Or Skytowers for that matter?

How'd you even finish Wind Temple??

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, it's not necessary to do so but it makes it smoother.

I was too curious and suddenly found myself with a main quest lol

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Super Star is the first game to begin the process of fleshing out Copy Abilities. Although a good 15 years separates Super Star from Return to Dream Land, so the movesets aren't quite as packed.

I would avoid the original Kirby's Dream Land then, no Copy Abilities at all. And the Dark Matter Trilogy- Dream Land 2, Dream Land 3, 64: The Crystal Shards. Those all have one-move abilities, although these one-action abilities change in DL2&3 depending on which animal partner Kirby is paired with ATM, while 64 lets you combine two basic abilities for a different move (i.e. Fire+Cutter = flame sword, Spark+Needle = lightning rod). Amazing Mirror is also pretty much one-move abilities.

Come to think of it, I did play Dream Land all in one sitting at some point but I remember little about it.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Star Allies I haven't played, I know it got lukewarm reception at launch for being a bit bland. Although it did get a bunch of free updates and allows you to use a slew of characters other than Kirby (and not just King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana Waddle Dee), which might have made it better than it was at release.

Hispanic mysterious swordsman, my beloved.

Thanks for the write up, I'll keep this in mind.

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I believe the main theory is that Walhart is a direct descendent of Alm. I think there's a Virion support where he says that unlike Alm, Walhart not having a wife is what caused him to go down his path.

This was pre-Echoes of course so the only thing they had to go off of was a game with 15 lines of dialouge.

If he is, that makes it all the more fitting. Too bad he failed to use the power of frienship like his grand-pappy did.

Also if it's been a thousand years wouldn't that mean like most of Valentia would be distantly descended from him

Also what is that Virion support anyhow, I can't seem to find it.

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Would suck for Westerners lmao.

Doesn't have to be a direct sequel. It could just be like "Hey it's been 100 years or less since Marth's empire crumbled 5 seconds after he died, let us explain what happened" Or something.

Edited by GuardianSing

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

doesn't that mean no Paraglider....

Or Skytowers for that matter?

Yes. It's possible to beat the main quests without a paraglider.

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Also what is that Virion support anyhow, I can't seem to find it.

I think it was a Virion support anyways.

8 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Doesn't have to be a direct sequel. It could just be like "Hey it's been 100 years or less since Marth's empire crumbled 5 seconds after he died, let us explain what happened" Or something.

Ehhh maybe. I like the visual element to it, seeing how Archanea and Valentina have shifted lands. Talys for instance is now connected to the mainland.

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Reveal hidden contents

KFglw4a.jpg
Rnei9Kq.jpg
GmK9GlR.jpg

Spoiler

And then they both turned into a bloody pancake against the floor below. The end.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

@Saint Rubenio question, do you got a washer and dryer in your home? On my trip to various parts of Spain so far, i'm seeing a lot of people simply just hanging their clothes out to dry. My aunt and cousin's place in Vigo has one of those washer/dryer combo machines but the drying part sucks so they usually just put it to dry out on the balcony.

And like it's not an isolated thing, because i see this everywhere.

Nobody I know even has a dryer. We could have one, but I mean, like, why?

New Mystery walking into the room.

That's another thing that feels like an extra actually. You have to "visit" a village with a non-Marth unit, and there's absolutely zero indication you can do that. We have internalized him as a regular unit because everyone and their mom plays FE with a recruitment guide if nothing else, but when you stop to think about it, it really seems like he was designed as an easter egg the devs didn't expect or intend for players to get their first time around.

Every other recruitable gets some manner of hint to their recruitment, be in dialogue or in a base conversation. Everyone except Michy, and it's basically impossible to run into his recruitment by accident, it requires breaking one of the game's mechanics lol

I think there's a Virion support where he says that unlike Alm, Walhart not having a wife is what caused him to go down his path.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

If he is, that makes it all the more fitting. Too bad he failed to use the power of frienship like his grand-pappy did.

Pheros could've singlehandedly prevented the entire second act from happening. Too bad Wally's an incel.

F8Sf9rMbQAAa6ba?format=png&name=small

Me seeing Mario fans complain about Peach's updated render in Showstar.

People are actually complaining about that? It's such a tiny thing.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We could have one, but I mean, like, why?

Better to have clothes that dry in an hour than having to wait several.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pheros could've singlehandedly prevented the entire second act from happening

Female Robin coming in after the fact.