Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, it's not as dumb as changing someone's perfectly fine name to a name that's already been used in the series.

This is like when they changed characters' names by removing a letter. 

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, it's interesting, because neither of those are her Japanese name. Her Japanese name is ユウギリ Yuugiri. So they sort of... changed her name to a different Japanese word that just so happens to also be a Spanish word? I mean, it's not as dumb as changing someone's perfectly fine name to a name that's already been used in the series.

Or truncate the name.

I just got reminded. Midori's name in Japan is Midoriko. An example of a truncated name. Midori means Green. Ko means Child. Her name is literally "Green Child". If not for being written in Katakana, that'd be hilarious...

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

This is like when they changed characters' names by removing a letter. I

At least there's an attempt made there. Harold just got renamed Arthur and they called it a day without even bothering to ctrl+f the list of FE characters that Nintendo totally has.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Or truncate the name.

My favorite FE character: Yuug.

...Maybe it's for the best they called her Queen, actually.

I just got reminded. Midori's name in Japan is Midoriko. An example of a truncated name. Midori means Green. Ko means Child. Her name is literally "Green Child". If not for being written in Katakana, that'd be hilarious...

Yeah a few of the longer Japanese names got truncated. (Suzu)kaze and (Kaza)hana are other examples.

40 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Oh yeah, this popped up in the FE subreddit a while back and Shrimpers brought my attention to it.

Wish he'd drawn Endgame Ready Beard. Or Sylvis.

My brother and I have spent the last two months marathoning Digimon seasons rewatch. Even with problems like excessive stock footage and monster-of-the-week formula, the original Digimon Adventure still holds up to this date thanks to its charming cast and memorable digievolutions.

I can't say the same about Zero Two. The only good things are the soundtrack (the opening in JP is probably my favorite behind Butterfly), BlackWarGreymon and the Digimon Kaiser.

I remember that when Tri. was announced, I was rooting for them to retcon Zero Two from existence. It's a series that keeps meandering through every arc without any vision. The new characters are terrible, and the protagonist is certainly the worst in the franchise. It's so bad that it almost makes its predecessor inferior just by its existence.

Now we'll watch Tamers, which is the only one of the classic seasons that I haven't watched in full.

Wowie zowie, let's give our new Mario and Luigi a warm welcome.

22 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! Touché. But hey, it's not like I'm the biggest fan of Book 2's deus ex machinas either. Camus alone is already pretty silly with all his floating, but then Michalis also comes back to life, only to unceremoniously die again at the end? Interesting.

I await the long-time-coming sequel to Mystery, where Michalis returns and dies again during the ending.

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

As an aside I had a thought about this concerning Dorothea the other day and how her whole deal in Three Houses is that she's afraid for being only liked because of superficial reasons and she'll lose companionship with age once she loses her beauty and voice.

...And it's like, in a game with a 5 year timeskip. TH had one hell of an opportunity to follow through on that. Could you imagine a post TS war scarred unconventionally attractive Dorothea who lost both her looks and her voice as fuck you towards any player who only romanced her in the beginning because of those things.

Now I'm imagining someone playing Three Houses blind, and they're really excited to see the students all grown up, and then Dorothea shows up inexplicably looking just like Palpatine. Though you can't S-support her until the game is over, so it's not like you can romance her beforehand.

Though I loathe the idea of replacing Allegra Clark, timeskip Dorothea can be voiced by Danny DeVito.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At least there's an attempt made there. Harold just got renamed Arthur and they called it a day without even bothering to ctrl+f the list of FE characters that Nintendo totally has.

At least there are no other FE characters named Harold... wait.

39 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Better than what we got here

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, I can relate.

...I can really relate...

Up top!

Reina is one of the best female designs in Fates, to be sure. Heck, strike the one of - she has the best female design in Fates, no questions asked. She avoids all the pitfalls, and does so while still having a decently unique design with personality. The scar is so raw.

Definitely prefer the design over most others because of the focus on raw baddassery which is rare in anime female character designs which usually go for a cutesy look.

...Therefore, naturally, she's a Corrinsexual with only one support chain to her name. Because cool people don't get to talk in Fateslandia.

Luckily thanks to romhacks I've seen some fanmade supports flying around with her and other unfleshed out characters.

These are better than the official supports in writing quality, I highly recommend checking 'em out.

That would've been one of those awesome, awesome things that exist in the same alternate dimension Three Houses where the devs have something called "balls" and give you Jeralt as a playable character without warning you of anything.

Such dynamicism and nuance we were never destined to have...

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Now I'm imagining someone playing Three Houses blind, and they're really excited to see the students all grown up, and then Dorothea shows up inexplicably looking just like Palpatine. Though you can't S-support her until the game is over, so it's not like you can romance her beforehand.

Though I loathe the idea of replacing Allegra Clark, timeskip Dorothea can be voiced by Danny DeVito.

Allegra Clark imitating Danny DeVito is the true golden route.

Personally I imagined something like a Dimitri transition where she has a scared face, unkempt hair, and the baggiest clothes and armor imaginable. Bonus points if her hair is cut to look boyish.

@Saint RubenioSo just in case you needed some inspiration for a sketch...

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Broke: Ike is gay

Woke: Priam is gay

Bespoke: anyone who holds the Ragnell is gay

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'd still smash, battle scars won't stop me.

That's good. If you as the player still like Dorothea as a character regardless of what she looks like then it helps conclude her issues.

Of course it's still weird to date her since she's your student technically but that's a whole other discussion.

I think it's a fitting arc for her. In the base game you can romance her with the knowledge that you'll never actually see her grow old so you don't have to care about her insecurities of not being loved. But with this alternative she can have that assurance within the story which like, never happens with this character trope.

Besides, I actively encourage straight men to find the attractiveness in unconventionally attractive women. Most girls I know will go absolutely feral for the wildest looking men while straight guys seem to struggle with anything that isn't an hourglass

await the long-time-coming sequel to Mystery, where Michalis returns and dies again during the ending.

He should've been the recurring character instead of Anna. He just keeps coming back and dying.

At least there are no other FE characters named Harold... wait.

Ho, well. Ehhh bossmen are a different matter. I mean, Morgan also gets reused, but you don't see anyone making a fuss over it because I am the only person who has ever cared about FE6 Morgan.

17 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Up top!

Succintly put.

17 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Definitely prefer the design over most others because of the focus on raw baddassery which is rare in anime female character designs which usually go for a cutesy look.

Absolutely. She legitimately looks like she could AND would kill somebody.

18 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Luckily thanks to romhacks I've seen some fanmade supports flying around with her and other unfleshed out characters.

These are better than the official supports in writing quality, I highly recommend checking 'em out

Oh I'm aware of this. Literally just submitted one myself.

19 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Besides, I actively encourage straight men to find the attractiveness in unconventionally attractive women. Most girls I know will go absolutely feral for the wildest looking men while straight guys seem to struggle with anything that isn't an hourglass

"I am a unique person. I like brunettes."

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why

the FUCK

is a "Izana and Yukimura in Rev" mod hiding at the Gay Fates discord?

I just checked it on a whim and someone was talking about it. Never would've found it otherwise, the only publicly available one is the Scarlet mod.

Why? Why not release this to the world? The world needs more Izana. And Yukimura needs to exist, like holy shit that guys gets majorly shafted lol. He exists for like, two seconds in Birthright, and that's it. No wonder he has the best design out of any playable character in the game, Kozaki mistook him for a NPC

Hiding cool hacks in bespoke Discords is such a frustrating common practice now a days that I utterly hate.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Finding the mod did not come without a price, however. Turns out people at the Gay Fates discord had played my first hack.

I just spent half an hour getting roasted. It's been... enlightening, at least.

I am bit curious what they had to say about the hack to roast you.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

I find it funny how there is no alternative dialogue in Rev if Corrin married Scarlet.

To be fair, actually marrying Scarlet in Revelations is such a time barred grind that no one would ever accomplish by accident.

6 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

...And it's like, in a game with a 5 year timeskip. TH had one hell of an opportunity to follow through on that. Could you imagine a post TS war scarred unconventionally attractive Dorothea who lost both her looks and her voice as fuck you towards any player who only romanced her in the beginning because of those things.

Alas that would be far too interesting, and cool an idea for a Fire Emblem game.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Bespoke: anyone who holds the Ragnell is gay

You heard it here, Ragnell turned the frogs gay.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Succintly put.

Goddammit how did I not notice that.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh I'm aware of this. Literally just submitted one myself.

Oh wow! Guess that's what the Fates conversations earlier were about. Neat!

I want to try Gay Fates in full but my computer can't handle space of the rom alone at the moment.

Oh and on the topic of Fanmade creation being far better than the originals...

81d2a062fbef13d560dc63c9cf5c512d.jpg

Someone hack this in, those cheek bones could have a swordfight with Ryoma's.

13 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Alas that would be far too interesting, and cool an idea for a Fire Emblem game.

Shout out to this great quote that is always the conclusion of any Three Houses discussion ever.

Screenshot_2023-10-09_204815.png?ex=6537

Tomorrow is going to be interesting, what with the eclipse and all.

44 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

To be fair, actually marrying Scarlet in Revelations is such a time barred grind that no one would ever accomplish by accident.

You'd think the developers would still be aware that it's possible, and thus plan accordingly. Whether making the dialogue alterations for it, or just plain lock-out the S rank, or something else.

44 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You heard it here, Ragnell turned the frogs gay.

Altina's desires too strong they remained on the blade for centuries.

29 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

81d2a062fbef13d560dc63c9cf5c512d.jpg

Someone hack this in, those cheek bones could have a swordfight with Ryoma's.

Makes me think more of an Older Camilla. Or her mother.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Didn't want to run through Kirby too quickly, so I tapped back into my third SRWJ run. Only moved things three battles forward, but I intend to slip in a few more tonight part of me would rather jump to GC, or the Vorlent run. Not sure how much progress I'll make, I would prefer to focus on something else for my current PC play. (Though ATM, Switch gaming has the more noticeable backlog I'd say.)

-And checking Akurasu on a whim, looks like Alpha 3 now has a menu translation. Eeeeeeh. It's more than nothing, but SRW ain't the same without being able to understand the story like why does the flowchart show Selena's route joining ZAFT for the first part of the attack on Heliopolis?.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Shout out to this great quote that is always the conclusion of any Three Houses discussion ever.

Screenshot_2023-10-09_204815.png?ex=6537

Hmm...🤔

My brain is decontextualizing/universalizing the quote by replacing "Fodlan" with "game" or "plot/world/character".

The power of human imagination is great. Whether or not one's primary feeling is frustration or not when faced with the gap between reality and what is imaginable, is very variable.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting, what with the eclipse and all.

Hope you get to see it. I can't, time zone doesn't allow it and rainclouds to boot.