• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Christ?✝️ The New Testament says -following Jewish prophecy about the Messiah- he came riding into Jerusalem on a donkey.

It's certainly there's some relation. Since as I mentioned, it's usually the Spanish who get to have the Missionary unit (the priest atop a donkey) in Age of Empires. Faster than the on-foot Priest unit, but can't pick up Holy Relics as a trade-off.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're seeing things, you must be going batty.🦇😛

Fortunately, it's not 2035 yet.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Hey who was the Jojo's fan here? @Armagon Perhaps?

Someone asked me to ask you how accurate this video is. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

FE mod players take this way too far. I mean, you aren't paid to do this job, so naturally it isn't going to be perfect. Hell, the in game artwork looks shoddy plenty of times and they were paid to create those.

Eh, it wasn't that bad. It's not like they were coming to me personally to call me names, and when I was around they were nice to me. The one who went looking for the old backlog even hesitated to share it with me out of fear they were too harsh, but well, I'd asked to see it myself. Hurts a bit to be misinterpreted in that way, but it's not like people're mind readers, they can't have known my intentions.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Of course, the worst places seem to be the Bumblefuck Nowhere places where the bus passes by once a week. A feel like a lot of people who idolize European public transit don't realize that it only works in or near the cities.

As someone who was born and raised in one such place, yeah. In my hometown we get like, two buses per day? It's awful. Worst part of living in a small rural village, you need the car for like, everything.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Gonna sneak into the king's room and hang a giant picture of Simon Bolivar.

Nah but for real, what "threat" did Venezuela pose to Spain that had the nationalists freaking out?

I think they were accusing the left of turning Spain into Venezuela or having ties with Maduro or something. I don't know, something.

@Saint Rubenio I regret to inform you that Spain has fallen

IMG20231014181257.jpg?ex=653d35b1&is=652

There is a catgirl maid cafe in Madrid. Japan has breached the capital. It's over, Spain has lost the Spanish-Japanese War. The king and the prime minister are heading down to surrender. I'm sure the strength in your legs has given out but if you accept their surrender, your life will be spared.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll check it out later.

Worst part of living in a small rural village, you need the car for like, everything.

YMMV but I also felt the rural villages had transported me to Venezuela. Albeit, a much safer Venezuela but I still got serious deja vu.

But it could've been the mountains.

think they were accusing the left of turning Spain into Venezuela or having ties with Maduro or something. I don't know, something.

Ah the classic.

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG20231014181257.jpg?ex=653d35b1&is=652

There is a catgirl maid cafe in Madrid. Japan has breached the capital. It's over, Spain has lost the Spanish-Japanese War. The king and the prime minister are heading down to surrender. I'm sure the strength in your legs has given out but if you accept their surrender, your life will be spared.

I bet Ruben will now try to go to the past and kill Hasekura Tsunenaga.

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The king and the prime minister can surrender, but I never shall. I will fight to my last breath. They will never take me alive.

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

YMMV but I also felt the rural villages had transported me to Venezuela. Albeit, a much safer Venezuela but I still got serious deja vu.

But it could've been the mountains.

They call it the Emptied Spain. Rural villages and towns offer little in the way of work. A lot of these places are rapidly becoming desolate, as young folks move to big cities to find a job. It's such a shame.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If your feet don't ache, you're doing it wrong. Heck, my feet usually end up sore even at something a little smaller like the Philly or Boston Museums of Fine Arts.

I don't think I got to see everything too. It just kept going but I didn't have all the time in the day.

At least my pass was free (students get free entry).

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They call it the Emptied Spain. Rural villages and towns offer little in the way of work. A lot of these places are rapidly becoming desolate, as young folks move to big cities to find a job. It's such a shame

Yeah, I noticed a lot of abandoned/falling apart houses.

Three supports now. I'm on a roll. Who would've thought writing Fates characters could be so fun.

...Naturally, I'm mostly sticking to Corrinsexuals. Imagine me writing pleb popular characters. Pah! I'd rather write Yukimura and Izana. The support that nobody will ever see because Yukimura exists for two seconds.

Well, I beat all the campaigns. Probably beat Conquest mode with every available character, as far as I can tell. But I still miss quite a few codex entries.
Even Dark Mercia's. I got Sedge's and Sigrid's for simply selecting them in Conquest mode. No such thing with her.

Not sure where to go from her. Not like there are any guides for that sort of thing yet.

So, Tears of the Kingdom aka Breath of the Wild 2: Paraglider Boogaloo.

Well, what can i say? It was fun, real fun! It fixes alot of the problems i had with BotW...but also adds new ones and/or makes some of BotW's stuff worse.

• The whole world is much more alive and thus exploration is much more fun, especially with the added mobility and gliding options, which made it less of a "chore walking simulator"...and then there's the depths....It's the same chore as BotW but with Thracia Fog this time. After a bit i just started ignoring the depths unless i had a quest/side adventure there. Basically ignored the Depths after Kohga. Really liked exploring the skies tho...even if it suffers from the empty problems, but i am a sky person, so....
    • Tbh, the game was very fun whenever it used it's "Sky" elements, battles included. Could've focused more on that instead whatever the depths was.
  • Durability was mostly fixed with fusion. Also allowed to experiment much more with weapons and stuff to truly find the type of weapons i like to use. Master Sword having durability makes 0 sense narrative wise tho.
  • Shrines got to repetitive ~60% through the game and i started focusing more on main story then. Also side quests rewards suck lol
  • While i do find the (big) dungeons a bit better than BotW in general, the dungeon/beast approach battles in BotW were really really cool and that was basically scrapped here (Well, Wind and Thunder temple kinda had them, which is part of the reasons why they were my favs here). Also how you controlled the beasts with angles and stuff. I do like the dungeon puzzles here more tho, aside from the Fire Temple - that one was meh.
  • Speaking about the dungeons...the memories after clearing them were pretty meh compared to the ones that build up the champions in BotW. They were all the same, aside from [Redacted].
  • The sage abilities - well...This is probably my biggest gripe with the "battle" gameplay - Not only are they usually inferior to BotW champion abilities, controlling them was a pain in the fucking ass. Rarely did i see abilities that should help the player go in their way more than this one did, and only thanks to the controls being the worst thing ever. Should've been an ability wheel or something, or a switch button to switch between them
    • Infact, speaking about Sage abilities, they were in this weird thing between "Party Members" and "Solo gameplay" that i couldn't help but think they should've committed to either full party member or Solo with ability switch thingy, and not this weird in between thing that didn't achieve the positives of either. But i think Party gameplay is probably a heretic Zelda take lol
  • This brings me to my other big gripe, but this time more from the narrative side - Zelda should've been playable with her own sections. She's super important and basically planned everything, but her story told through memories makes everything hit alot weaker then it should tbh.
    • Scrap the depths, the shrine bloat and add the time to Zelda sections with unique take on the gameplay formula (and maybe her own shrines/dungeons as well), and build up everything (world, characters, lore) during her sections really well. That would not make the gameplay fresh after a while and not just repetitive shrines, but also would make everything hit so much harder narrative wise.
    • What this game did was basically akin to Ys 8 not having Dana Sections - which would make the game much weaker - and is probably the reason TotK wasn't able to break through my all time fav. games.
  • Gerudo Arc > Zora >=Rito >>>>>>>>>>>>> Goron arc. Like, everyone was dealing with catastrophes and then the Gorons are dealing with being stoned lmao
  • Thunder Temple >= Wind Temple > Water Temple > [Redacted] >>>>> Fire Temple. Yeah Gorons take the L here again.
  • Water and Fire Bosses were pretty damn weak as well. Liked Winder and Thunder ones quite a lot.
  • Final act was perfection. Really. One of the best final acts i've ever experienced. PEAK.

8/10

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Doctor Who 60th, Godzilla big budget TV series and Invincible S2. I am feasting in November.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Really liked exploring the skies tho...even if it suffers from the empty problems, but i am a sky person, so....

Hop on Skyward Sword.

You will spend most of the time on the ground tho /s

Although if you want to go for a game without stamina, hop on Wind Waker. It'll scratch the Ys 10 itch of a seafaring adventure.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Infact, speaking about Sage abilities, they were in this weird thing between "Party Members" and "Solo gameplay" that i couldn't help but think they should've committed to either full party member or Solo with ability switch thingy, and not this weird in between thing that didn't achieve the positives of either. But i think Party gameplay is probably a heretic Zelda take lol

They hadn't really done something like it before so I can let it slide. Would like to see it refined later tho.

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Scrap the depths

Keep this but add some more variety tbh. I like the Depths because of the gameplay loop but it could use some more spice.

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Final act was perfection. Really. One of the best final acts i've ever experienced. PEAK

Yes sir.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hop on Skyward Sword.

I own the game...because of my brother XD

So yeah it might be the Zelda game i tackle next - will be a while before i tackle another Zelda game tho.

Other option i am thinking about is Lttp/LBW

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They hadn't really done something like it before so I can let it slide.

I could've let it slide if it wasn'T such a big pain in the ass tbh - and if BotW's champion abilities weren't implemented much better (even if they were more passives there, you still had stuff like the lightning snap for example, which didn't requite searching for the ghostly avatar of a party member while fighting and then talking with them while they are near someone else so you activate the wrong ability lol)

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Small_portrait_shura_fe14.png ??!

42 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So yeah it might be the Zelda game i tackle next - will be a while before i tackle another Zelda game tho.

It'd be interesting playing the exact opposite kind of game as the Wild era.

It's also really similar to Ys Origin in terms of premise and gameplay structure so you'd probably enjoy that.

On the flip side

50 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Lttp/LBW

This is where they began experimenting with non-linearity. So for so far, you'd still feel some familiarity there.

With another year comes another upcoming Godzilla short, this one to commemorate Godzilla vs. Megalon's 50th anniversary.

It's also a sequel to last year's Godzilla vs. Gigan Rex. Megalon looks good in this artstyle; as for Jet Jaguar, he's appearing in a different short.

On 10/13/2023 at 7:05 PM, GuardianSing said:

Allegra Clark imitating Danny DeVito is the true golden route.

Personally I imagined something like a Dimitri transition where she has a scared face, unkempt hair, and the baggiest clothes and armor imaginable. Bonus points if her hair is cut to look boyish.

Allegra Clark has a lot of range, I'm sure she could do a good impression.

Though Dorothea hates fighting, so she probably wouldn't be in a position to get disfigured in the first place.

20 hours ago, Armagon said:

Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom have very obscure dialogue if you do something that most people aren't going to.

Reminds me of how Metroid Fusion has a secret message if you do a series of Shinesparks to skip getting the Diffusion Missiles. ADAM even wonders how many people will see it, but he makes Samus go back for the Diffusion Missiles before continuing the plot.

18 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thinking about it, that's something that I think could catch someone off guard. Isn't Godzilla's thing rising out of the ocean? Ya think you'd be perfectly safe from a sudden 'zilla encounter in the middle of no-water place. Turns out you could be wrong.

There was that time in Mothra vs. Godzilla where Godzilla emerges from underground after being buried by a typhoon.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, there's one point after SPOILERS happens that Eirika is temporarily left in a state of shock and Moulder basically takes over her role in a couple scenes until she comes back all angry and ready to kick some butt. This was interpreted as me hating Eirika and wanting to take away her plot importance and give it to a dude. Which I'll admit, it hurt a bit to see. I get where they were coming from, but it wasn't my intention at all. The rest was basically just marvelling at the hack's chaos and treating me like a Kaga-tier madman, which I'm fine with.

Wait a minute, I thought your hack was about The Binding Blade? Unless you made another one.

56 minutes ago, HK Motendra said:

Wasn't there a dark theme for SF?

What happened to it?

My EYES

Welcome back. More people should use Sakura's Forest.