Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Oh yeah I watched all of Doctor Who Flux (Series 13) on the flight from Madrid to Charlotte.

I'll upload the pictures later today probably and give a full breakdown. But I liked visiting Spain. Good public transit for the most part, I could've used an extra day for Madrid. Didn't feel like I got a good grasp of the city like I did with Barcelona and Vigo other than the fact that Madrid is basically just Spanish Manhattan. Even has it's own Central Park.

I liked hearing the Castellano. People saying "duchar" instead of "bañar" and "coche" to mean car instead of "carro". Even my family members had caught on to this. Didn't like how nobody seems to have dryers tho. I think if I were to ever move to Spain, I'd buy a good dryer.

For a week, I feel like I got the essentials. I didn't go to Bilbao or Zaragoza, which were like the other big Spanish cities. Sadly did not have an opportunity to visit Valencia or Oviedo. I thought you could just hop on the train whenever but it's not as simple outside city limits it seems (also seems to be costly at least according to Google). Perhaps on a longer stay.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Which is incredibly ironic since pants were specifically invented by nomadic steppe peoples centuries ago to make it easier and more comfortable to ride horses, many of these horse riders in question would be women.

And now we're getting rid of them for sexualization. Amazing.

5 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Gives me similar energy to that one time I compared Fates and Three Houses positively and your reaction to that.

Oh I love that, that was magical.

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

I hate democracy.

And the republic?

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Good public transit for the most part, I could've used an extra day for Madrid. Didn't feel like I got a good grasp of the city like I did with Barcelona and Vigo other than the fact that Madrid is basically just Spanish Manhattan. Even has it's own Central Park.

Madrid fucking sucks. Go to Toledo next time. It's also a hell of a lot older than Manhattan and the entirety of the US, so if anything Manhattan is the US's Madrid.

People saying "duchar" instead of "bañar"

Ah, they don't mean quite the same thing. Duchar is to shower, bañar is taking a bath. We very much do use bañar, it's just that people prefer showers.

"coche" to mean car instead of "carro"

That is perhaps the most classic difference, though.

Didn't like how nobody seems to have dryers tho. I think if I were to ever move to Spain, I'd buy a good dryer.

I still have no idea why you need your shirts dry in the span of an hour. Dryers use up a ton of power, are horrible for the environment and damage your clothes over time! Take a different shirt, dammit!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Do you have anything to say, Ruben?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And the republic?

A pillar of western philosophy.

Ah, they don't mean quite the same thing. Duchar is to shower, bañar is taking a bath. We very much do use bañar, it's just that people prefer showers.

Latinos would just use bañar for both things. I don't think I've heard "duchar" in any context outside of Spain.

That is perhaps the most classic difference, though

For the record, we do use coche, it's just moreso in reference to like carriages or wagons than cars.

still have no idea why you need your shirts dry in the span of an hour. Dryers use up a ton of power, are horrible for the environment and damage your clothes over time! Take a different shirt, dammit

Convenience. If I have a whole basket, I can wash and dry it within an hour or two and pack up the clothes, instead of having to leave it for the next day.

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Latinos would just use bañar for both things. I don't think I've heard "duchar" in any context outside of Spain.

Well, I have heard regaderazo (from regadera, as we can also call showerheads) used here too.

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Convenience. If I have a whole basket, I can wash and dry it within an hour or two and pack up the clothes, instead of having to leave it for the next day.

Over here in Summer we definitely don't need dryers, hehehe...

I thought I was getting better, why am I slowly sinking again now?😑 

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And now we're getting rid of them for sexualization. Amazing.

Not like stylistic impracticality in fictional war attire is a new thing. The Roman gladiators...

220px-Mirmillon.jpg

...did that long ago. The above being a modern recreation of the gladiator type known as a murmillo. Shirtless, with a helmet that's difficult to see out of.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

>20°C

>Coolness

TBF, he's Florida. The big hot & humid state, how else can it grow oranges? 

~20-24C is probably the ideal temp zone if you ask me. Warm enough for shorts, but not hot.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Almost started SS today, but dunno if i really wanna get into another Zelda atm...even if SS seems quite short anyway.

What kind of gaming mood are you in then?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Don't look at me for suggestions, we know how that ends out.

I'm reminded. Part 2 of Another Eden's Volume 3 releases today for Global. That will keep me busy tonight, heh.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What kind of gaming mood are you in then?

not sure lol

I am in this weird period after finishing a game where i am still thinking over the last one lol - which makes me more likely to play more games from the same series

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I am in this weird period after finishing a game where i am still thinking over the last one lol - which makes me more likely to play more games from the same series

Relatable. *Points to my Atelier black sheep binge earlier this year.*😅 Even if it isn't the best of ideas for fear of series burnout.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

not sure lol

RELATABLE.😆

51 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Last part hit like a truck.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not like stylistic impracticality in fictional war attire is a new thing. The Roman gladiators...

220px-Mirmillon.jpg

...did that long ago. The above being a modern recreation of the gladiator type known as a murmillo. Shirtless, with a helmet that's difficult to see out of.

The Romans were truly dedicated to servicing authentic realistic war reenactments, so much so that actors would fucking die in the battles.

39 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I have heard regaderazo (from regadera, as we can also call showerheads) used here too.

Yep. Although regaderazo is not one Venezuelans use.

30 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

>20°C

>Coolness

Come spend a year in Florida Shrimpers, and you'll be begging for 70 degree weather.

German heat waves ain't got shit on Florida.

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Damn it

TotK's ending still lives rent free in my head lol

Same.

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

atm...even if SS seems quite short anyway.

It's short until it isn't (there's a part in the lategame that artificially extends the run time for literally no reason. At least what comes after it is amazing).

Aside from that though, Skyward Sword is pretty straight to the point. I made the comparison to Ys Origin earlier, that's because the game doesn't really have an overworld. It's kinda like the whole game is one big dungeon if that makes sense. Plus, the premise too. Demons invade, goddess raises land into sky, eons later a hero dives down to look for a childhood friend. Main difference is that Skyward Sword is obviously more whismy and the surface isn't a hellscape like in Origin.

Combat also has more going on than the usual Zelda fare but in a way different from the Wild era.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Relatable. *Points to my Atelier black sheep binge earlier this year.*😅 Even if it isn't the best of ideas for fear of series burnout.

This is literally how I got into Atelier too lmao.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Come spend a year in Florida Shrimpers, and you'll be begging for 70 degree weather.

German heat waves ain't got shit on Florida.

Though you trade some for humidity. How often do you reach 50C?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Though you trade some for humidity. How often do you reach 50C?

I don't think it's ever gotten that bad. At least not in the time I've been here.

Maybe like 105 on really bad days.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't think it's ever gotten that bad. At least not in the time I've been here.

Maybe like 105 on really bad days.

40C on really bad? Here in Summer it's rare the day that doesn't reach 40C, and it tends to be mid-to-high 40's. 50C is like once a year on average.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Combat also has more going on than the usual Zelda fare

hmm

Well, dunno if i will try motion controls if i get into it or not lol.

I am, generally, not a fan of motion controls. But i could try it here.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Demons invade, goddess raises land into sky, eons later a hero dives down to look for a childhood friend.

sorry, but had to

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

hmm

Well, dunno if i will try motion controls if i get into it or not lol.

I am, generally, not a fan of motion controls. But i could try it here.

There are button controls. It's better, even if it takes some slight getting used to.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

40C on really bad? Here in Summer it's rare the day that doesn't reach 40C, and it tends to be mid-to-high 40's. 50C is like once a year on average.

I suppose I should be grateful that it does rain over here regularly.