Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I love eating spicy food

and by spicy i mean spicy and not whatever mild thing people over here call spicy

Hot honey? Good. And I do appreciate the occasional clearing of the sinuses.

-But I am not good with heat.πŸ˜… I wish I was, and that could handle much great spiciness as in heavily-spiced foods. Would feel more cultured if I could.πŸ›πŸ§

If you'd be interested, here is an articleΒ on the global diffusion of chile peppers.πŸ€“πŸŒΆοΈ

27 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

kinda yes

You enjoy suffering, no? Makes sense if you like food hot.πŸ₯΅πŸ˜‡

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

49 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It was almost $30,

...for a burger?

I hope it's like the best burger ever or smth xD

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-But I am not good with heat

yh same.

Spicy food in summer can be a pain xD

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

πŸ›

now you remind me of the time i was in UK and ate indian food....

rip my stomach xD

Here in Germany it's not that hard on the stomach and i have no problems, but since it was more "authentic" in UK...rip me xD

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You enjoy suffering, no? Makes sense if you like food hot.πŸ₯΅πŸ˜‡

496478133785198604.webp

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

...for a burger?

I hope it's like the best burger ever or smth xD

As I said, be prepared to spend more than elsewhere in the US when eating in NYC, I hope you'll need this advice one day.πŸ˜‰

Definitely was up there. Was very juicy, dripping with savory goodness.πŸ˜‹

Lincoln Square Β« The Smith Restaurant

o.jpg

The pictures found elsewhere on the web didn't do it justice.

-Although this one from Boston:

Hot%20Mess%20and%20Cheese.jpg

...is quite possibly the very best burger I've ever had.🀀 -Not that I at all keep a good memory of places I've been/food I've eaten.πŸ˜†

20 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

now you remind me of the time i was in UK and ate indian food....

rip my stomach xD

Here in Germany it's not that hard on the stomach and i have no problems, but since it was more "authentic" in UK...rip me xD

Well, taste buds and tolerances in the kitchen are usually influenced by where you grow up. And I'm not sure how scientifically sound it is, but I've heard it said that mothers via breastfeeding can end up passing on a liking/mastery over spicy food. So Indians have had like ~400-500 years of generationally passed-on capsaicin resistance.

Β 

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Spicy food, eh?

Spicy - Meme by Mr.Gimli :) Memedroid

The few times I've had authentic Mexican, not just Tex-Mex, I've certainly noticed the heat.

Though again, my nasal passages could usually use the clearing. -But, then a point of critical accumulation comes when I've consumed so much heat within a short time period, that it becomes too much to bear and I have to take a break from devouring to cool off.πŸ˜…Β -It's a good preventative against overeating though!

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why the rage at that girl? Please, let me in on the context.

I'm not raging, just laughing at the unfortunate spelling of that username

Komemerda

Comemerda

Come merda

It means eats shit in portuguese

This Salvadorean guy came in the store today. I'm taking his measurements so i asked him to take off his sandals. But we're speaking Spanish so "por favor quitate tus cholas". He got a bit offended by this, saying that "cholas" is bad. I didn't know he was Salvadoran until my manager asked him where he's from.

....anyways it turns out chola (or cholo) is actually a pretty derogatory term towards indigenous folk in certain Latin American countries.Β NotΒ Venezuela, because it literally just means sandal for us. And i guess the guy who came in was indigenous. Oops.

4 hours ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Can't believe Engage isn't an option for favorite FE, this is the worst FE forum ever smh.

Actually surprised it hasn't been added yet like surely it can't be too hard to add.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I wonder if there are other areas where you can also get it, or if this is the only location?

Nope, just there.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It was almost $30, but that's to be expected. For anyone whoever wishes to come to NYC, be aware that restaurant prices are unusually high here, the demand for food and perhaps the logistics of importing so much every day into NYC cause this I would think.

Small local prices are probably more affordable, aren't they?

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Definitely was up there. Was very juicy, dripping with savory goodness.πŸ˜‹

Lincoln Square Β« The Smith Restaurant

o.jpg

The pictures found elsewhere on the web didn't do it justice.

-Although this one from Boston:

Hot%20Mess%20and%20Cheese.jpg

...is quite possibly the very best burger I've ever had.🀀 -Not that I at all keep a good memory of places I've been/food I've eaten.πŸ˜†

Calories.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This Salvadorean guy came in the store today. I'm taking his measurements so i asked him to take off his sandals. But we're speaking Spanish so "por favor quitate tus cholas". He got a bit offended by this, saying that "cholas" is bad. I didn't know he was Salvadoran until my manager asked him where he's from.

....anyways it turns out chola (or cholo) is actually a pretty derogatory term towards indigenous folk in certain Latin American countries.Β NotΒ Venezuela, because it literally just means sandal for us. And i guess the guy who came in was indigenous. Oops.

I'm guessing this is in specific reference to the Choles / Winik? They're a Mayan group from southeast Mexico and Gutemala.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm guessing this is in specific reference to the Choles / Winik? They're a Mayan group from southeast Mexico and Gutemala.

"In his work Vocabulario en Lengua Castellana y Mexicana (1571), Fray Alonso de Molina reports that the word "cholo" or "xolo" derives from Nahuatl and means "paje, moço, criado o esclavo" ("page, waiter, servant or slave""

Seems to be the earliest documented case of the word.

In the end, I could not write much. I got distracted way too much. Well, with luck I can have my laptop tomorrow and I can... continue doing this but back with the proper Word documents instead.

I'm really gonna be cutting it close... if I do finish this while it's still October...

9 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

I'm not raging, just laughing at the unfortunate spelling of that username

Komemerda

Comemerda

Come merda

It means eats shit in portuguese

Ohhh I see it now. That's so unfortunate.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Slurs can be troublesome like that. Reminds me of when I discovered the c-word is apparently a pretty bad slur against women, but only in the US. In Australia and the UK they just say it all the time and nobody gives it a second glance.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

πŸ’€

Americaaaaaaaaa fuck yeah!

Ahh, awesome! Even though it has worked without a hitch for years, turns out Fates DLC no longer works on my Nintendo PC. Just, for no reason, it stopped working. It says it doesn't detect a SD card when I try to enter the Dragon's Gate and leaves it at that. Nothing I've tried has fixed it, short of deleting all save data, which of course doesn't let me check quickly.

Welp. Guess I'm never using DLC in this game again, then. I wonder if Garonquest did this. It corrupted my branch of fate save, might've corrupted my DLC somehow, even though it makes no sense for it to do that. It sure would be very like Garon to do something like this, though.

Anyway, haha page 6699.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

inb4 it was a Citra update. I've noticed Citra updates have been making Fates run worse and worse

Whatever it was, it actually looks legitimately impossible to fix this. No more ballisticians/witches/et al for me. Ever again, the way it looks.

Thanks a lot, emulation. This is all Ninty's fault for not releasing games on PC.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Whatever it was, it actually looks legitimately impossible to fix this. No more ballisticians/witches/et al for me. Ever again, the way it looks.

Thanks a lot, emulation. This is all Ninty's fault for not releasing games on PC.

Be patient, a fix will likely come around (assuming it's on the Emulator's end). XD

Trying to reinstall the DLC says it needs to be decrypted. I put the DLC file through the decrypt tool and it tells me the decrypted file still needs to be decrypted.

What the fuck is happening.

12 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Be patient, a fix will likely come around (assuming it's on the Emulator's end). XD

I mean, all those graphical bugs I had in my first run fixed themselves later. Somehow I doubt it, though. Other people have had the issue before and apparently wiping their extra data fixed it, but I wasn't that fortunate.

Nothing. Nothing works. Reverting to an old version of Citra? Nope. Removing my DLC data and reinstalling? Nope. Removing all my save data and restarting the game from a clean slate? Nope.

It's hopeless. The only conclusion I can derive is that I have been cursed by the vengeful spirit of Elise for laughing at her Birthright death.

Goddammit.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Maybe wipe both folders?

Or all Fates folders for now?

Ended up fixing it by swapping to the US version on someone's helpful recommendation. This one works. Saves and everything were transfered okay.

I'm not even going to question it, I'm just happy things are looking up.

Edited by Saint Rubenio