• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Then on top of all the other issues, I didn't install my mods properly and Lilith refused to join. Her recruitment spiel played out, but she didn't join.

...Thankfully, one of the seriously cool folks at the Gay Fates discord graciously made me a modpack on his own time. For no reason. I told him I would repay him by using one unit of his choice and he goes and says Benny. Not Elise, not Leo, not Camilla, he says Benny.

Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win. And tonight I win!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I haven't been able to play any Fates at all today. Spent half the day troubleshooting and now it's far too late, I ran Lilith into a corridor and killed her.

But at least everything works well now. Always a nice thing to see.

Behind the scenes stuff is always fascinating. I also think it's interesting how both times David Tennant has shot his into-regeneration scenes, he wasn't there with the preceding actor (he's apparently never met Christopher Eccelston though he has met and worked with Jodie Whittaker before).

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

America. Pah!

Payback for The Maine /s

45 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also got Mario Drugs, time to start it

Wowie-Zowie.

On 10/22/2023 at 7:16 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Estelle GIF - Encontrar en GIFER

Relatable

22 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nope, just there.

I see...

Spoiler

From what I gather, it looks like Autobuild uses zonaite to recreate stuff even if you don't have the proper objects, which sounds useful. It probably doesn't include Koroks, it wouldn't make much sense for Autobuild to allow Link to influence the midi-chlorians to create... life.

21 hours ago, Armagon said:

💀

This is actually intentional, they just forgot to include the scene where Venom sneaks into Miles's apartment to switch his Puerto Rico flag for a Cuba one. It's probably a plot hole as to why Miles never notices however.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Behind the scenes stuff is always fascinating. I also think it's interesting how both times David Tennant has shot his into-regeneration scenes, he wasn't there with the preceding actor (he's apparently never met Christopher Eccelston though he has met and worked with Jodie Whittaker before).

It is mildly bothersome how David Tennant is both the Tenth and Fourteenth Doctors, even if they are technically different incarnations that just happen to look the same. It's like how Grover Cleveland is both the 22nd and 24th president of the United States. Though the existence of the War Doctor means the numbering was already rather inconsistent.

41 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Finished world 1...

Kinda

because this game has too many secrets lol.

Game fun, Devs on drugs

In Super Mario Bros Wonder (2023), the game features no time-limits on level completion. This is a reference to the devs having no time-limits on game development.

30 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It is mildly bothersome how David Tennant is both the Tenth and Fourteenth Doctors, even if they are technically different incarnations that just happen to look the same.

It's the numbering yeah but to be fair, Tennant is not actually the first actor to play two incarnations. Tom Baker is. The Fourth Doctor and then The Curator, who is confirmed to be The Doctor from so far in the future that he's retired. 

Colin Baker has also played The Curator in Big Finish, I think the lore is that The Curator can just change his face whenever.

"And in years to come, you might find yourself revisiting a few. But just the old favorites, ey".

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm sure people don't want a repeat of that come next year.

Heart attacks have the opportunity to do the funniest thing /s

...What did I do all day? It's almost 3:00AM as I type this, 4X/city-builders are bad for me.😵

@gnip Partly b/c of your Aztec post, I decided to play a round of Civ5 again. (Also b/c I was trying out the Leader Pass for Civ6, and continually wasn't happy with how things were going. I really wanted to try out Theodora's holy sites surrounded by farms for maximum piety and culture, or Yongle's population bonuses.)

The problem was, Civ5's civs are much simpler, I wasn't sure who to use, in line with my peacemonger preferences. I decided to give Spain a go, but to make them stronger, more consistent, and flavorful, I tried out the World Builder and generated a Terra map and tried filling the "new world" with every Natural Wonder possible. -The problem was I didn't know how to make everyone spawn on the one continent.

That simple quick idea being shot down, I opted to carry out a crude experiment, and used the World Builder to generate a Continents map. I found a big patch of desert on the map, then I edited that desert and the surrounding waters to include all 17 Natural Wonders (I removed all Strategic Resources from a 5-hex area, but put desert hills around Lake Victoria, and gave myself a grassland Marble for the sake of early Wonder building). I wanted to see how crazy Spain's doubled Natural Wonder bonuses could be in their utopian environment. The results, once I rerolled enough to get Spain to spawn in the exact spot from which all the Natural Wonders radiated, were... absurd.🤪 First, Spain gets like 10k in starting Gold from this (the Great Barrier Reef counts twice, and El Dorado gives its own 500 Gold doubled by Spain's bonus too), I should've bought 20 Archers and just steamrolled everyone else.😆 Then there's the veeeeery fast pantheon, which turns into like a Turn-20 Great Prophet. One With Nature's +4 Faith is doubled by Spain's bonus, which applied to every single Natural Wonder is mondo. I easily broke 100 Faith per turn, ending up with more like 200 per turn (I took Messiah as the Enhancer Belief and with Hagia Sophia and finishing Piety ended up spawning like 12 Great Prophets? The last one generated cost over 4000 Faith). Happiness was enormous too, always a heaping surplus which I didn't use b/c lack of good expansion spots. While I missed a few early Wonders (namely the Oracle which I do so love, though I did get the Great Library), with the incredible yields I was getting, after the earlygame, I built basically every Wonder possible. I was playing on Deity and I was massively the tech leader all game long.😆 If there was any "flaw" with this, it's that the Production output wasn't too crazy, but then very few Natural Wonders provide any of that, King Solomon's Mines is the lone good one there. I played the game to total completion, although I intentionally dragged it out, could've won much sooner on Culture.

Aaaaaand here we go again. 30 minutes into the chapter, I misread a number and this singular mistake of the eye cost Gunter his life.

Well, guess what. I am sick and tired of being unable to enjoy this game. I have beaten each of the campaigns on lunatic. I hve nothing more to prove. I'm savestating for shit like this.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Aaaaaand here we go again. 30 minutes into the chapter, I misread a number and this singular mistake of the eye cost Gunter his life.

Well, guess what. I am sick and tired of being unable to enjoy this game. I have beaten each of the campaigns on lunatic. I hve nothing more to prove. I'm savestating for shit like this.

What could possibly be that bad?