Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

0z03mwv0yh3c1.jpg

Oh yeah I saw that post.

Imagine getting Ced instead of Actually One Of Thracia 776's Coolest Characters And One Of The Few Whose Inclusion In A FE4 Remake I'd Be Perfectly Happy With. Sadly we're getting a useless Reinhardt cameo instead.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Imagine getting Ced instead of Actually One Of Thracia 776's Coolest Characters And One Of The Few Whose Inclusion In A FE4 Remake I'd Be Perfectly Happy With. Sadly we're getting a useless Reinhardt cameo instead.

I still say its bullshit that you dont get 10 authority stars for recruiting him over Ced.

Dont even fucking think about telling that it would be too OP. This is Thracia we're taking about. This is Ced we're talking about. 

37 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

There is absolutely no reason to assume Sety knows about Mareeta or her connection to Galzus. Meanwhile Saias helped Galzus smuggle Mareeta out of Manster.

Yeah, jokes aside, this is the reason. Saias met both of them and in chapter 6 his dialogue implies he figures out their connection very fast. Ced just knows him as "that one very strong dude that chased me one time."

17 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

I still say its bullshit that you dont get 10 authority stars for recruiting him over Ced.

Dont even fucking think about telling that it would be too OP. This is Thracia we're taking about. This is Ced we're talking about. 

Yeah, that's true. There's plot explanations like "Leif's army doesn't think he's god incarnate so they don't get as much of a boost to morale from him just being around" but ultimately, it feels like a weird thing to neuter like that. I guess it's because it's a more passive thing? You do need to get Ced to the enemy, Saias's 10 stars would just be an instant win button.

...Then again, Thracia lategame is so easy to break that the point is moot anyway.

Just now, GuardianSing said:

Screenshot_2023-11-30_085218.png?ex=657b

He was given the kiss of death.

...Sorry.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He was given the kiss of death.

...Sorry.

Don't apologize for being the funniest person in the room

I'm not one for celebrating a bad person's death since the damage has already been long done and that death does nothing to solve anything but given that the man lived to 100 and was responsible for the deaths of thousands of people before they could reach 20 and never regretted it, I don't feel particularly bad about laughing about it.

17 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Don't apologize for being the funniest person in the room

Highly debatable

18 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I'm not one for celebrating a bad person's death since the damage has already been long done and that death does nothing to solve anything but given that the man lived to 100 and was responsible for the deaths of thousands of people before they could reach 20 and never regretted it, I don't feel particularly bad about laughing about it.

It's all one can do, at this point.

Yeah I think I'm going to drop trying to beat Sifu deathless for now. I've been stuck on level 3 for three days now and I'm making no progress. And on top of that, things are getting spooky now.

This morning the power went out in the middle of a run, earlier the game itself crashed, now I've opened a new tab on Firefox and the weird "news headlines" section they added a while back hit me with "The law of reverse effort and how it explains that we fail for trying too hard."

I can only conclude there is a God and He's trying very, very hard to make me stop trying.

Soooooooo I bought Prey a couple days ago. I was going to get to it after beating Sifu deathless, I mean, how hard could it be? It's only three levels haha. Well so much for that, I guess I'll start Prey after dinner.

...I'm just sad because I started uploading these to Youtube. Now it's going to be stuck on these two videos lol. My fault for trying to prove I'm a good gamer, I guess.

16 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

You all need to try harder. You can't let "play berwick" win by default.

Hey, Shaky, hear me out. I'm about to say the B word.

A shotgun blast of immobilizing dread came at me.😣 Please don't let this last too long. This would be the perfect time to get back to J, the Brain Powerd finale would be a delightful counter. But you've been saying you'd get back to that for... days? More than a week? You also said you'd start XC3 after over a year of owning it on Tuesday -you didn't. You can think to yourself "There's a month left in this year, should be enough to finish RF5, maybe get at least a good way through XC3 too." but you know you lack the drive to make that a reality, against all desire. Dig up something else in your backlog, or even start Ys I or SRWGC (but don't buy Eternights even though it's still on sale, wait for at least the holidays or another $5 off the current sale price -and you already have one dating sim unfinished) -just do something.

---

I quickly read through (I lack the concentration ATM I ideally would give it in a slower reading) a little magazine article. Short, nowhere near fully comprehensive or anything, but the topic did catch my attention.

Animated Narratives for New Eyes

On the Arab world and its interest in anime. Posting this in case someone has a passing interest.

While it was of no surprise to me to see it mentioned, when it namedropped Grendizer, I flinched with 😆 and allowed one full loop of this to play in my brain before I resumed reading.

On that matter, I forgot to mention it @Acacia Sgt, but the Grendy game came out earlier this month. Received basically no fanfare, I was only aware it released from the one 6/10 review I found of it, technical and budget issues, though it does the old show well. Still, Steam gives it "Mostly Positive". Might be worth consideration somewhere down the pipeline.

Ok, so I'm playing Prey now. I left my stove on with a bunch of electronics and flammable items on top, then took a helicopter to the office. Then I was beheaded by the helicopter's rotor blades.

7/10 game, I must say there was a distinct lack of aliens.

...Afterward I was put through some tests by very nice and totally not hiding-evil-intentions scientists. I did my best to annoy the scientists by not performing the tests correctly, until shit hit the fan completely out of left field. I don't want to go the 13 Sentinels route of "everything is a spoiler" but that hit me really good, really fast. Already showing a lot of promise, this game.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Saint Rubenio

Super_Mario_RPG_sketches_9.jpg

Old sketch from when they were spitballing the idea of making Super Mario RPG Three Musketeers-themed.

Super_Mario_RPG_sketches_10.jpg

Wario looks surprisingly good here. And unexpected b/c IIRC he doesn't show up in the actual game whatsoever.

Yeah, you know what? I'm sorry, Geno fans, but we got fucking robbed.

Yeah so far Prey's looking really good. The stupid mimics keep popping up every time I don't expect them to, but it's nothing a burst of glue can't solve. The interesting part's the exploration, anyway. Putting the pieces together of what happened and all. Very distinct vibe from Dishonored, despite the similarities in artstyle. The humans in particular look taken straight out of dishonored, which means they look kinda like 3D cartoons and they're also all incredibly ugly, but like in a good way.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On that matter, I forgot to mention it @Acacia Sgt, but the Grendy game came out earlier this month. Received basically no fanfare, I was only aware it released from the one 6/10 review I found of it, technical and budget issues, though it does the old show well. Still, Steam gives it "Mostly Positive". Might be worth consideration somewhere down the pipeline.

Might need a better laptop first, hahaha. But yeah, I will keep it in mind for future purchases, heh.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wario looks surprisingly good here. And unexpected b/c IIRC he doesn't show up in the actual game whatsoever.

Booster was kinda his replacement there, as it were.

Man, that's a mood whiplash going from In the Pale Moonlight to ring-a-ding with Vic Fontaine...

---

Segment IX. I wonder if it's ten in total.

Man, I'm close to clocking 150 hours here. I could skip conversations I've seen... but I am at the point where I don't need to redo stuff. Well, maybe for some of the extra stuff, but at this point it's a straight run to the end of the route and open up After Story. Well, that will be for next time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt