Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Closing the gate will trap the 3 of them up there anyway. Besides Mia, who can scale the cliffs. Makes sense that they would get something to do.

Take down the more dangerous opponents and let the weaker ones chase the villagers away, so they don't get themselves killed against the actual dangerous foes.

Yeah, but see, I don't wanna close the gate so I can have Alex help a bit against the Fristian army.

Still, I maintain the skeletons specifically shouldn't have been ambush reinforcements. Even if the three of them are trapped in that area, you're more likely to have them try to draw the attention of archers and bow knights from behind the fence than form up next to Percy for no apparent reason. And he really does just die instantly. Against the scouts from the start or against the skeleton, doesn't matter, dude cannot take a round of combat.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, but see, I don't wanna close the gate so I can have Alex help a bit against the Fristian army.

Still, I maintain the skeletons specifically shouldn't have been ambush reinforcements. Even if the three of them are trapped in that area, you're more likely to have them try to draw the attention of archers and bow knights from behind the fence than form up next to Percy for no apparent reason. And he really does just die instantly. Against the scouts from the start or against the skeleton, doesn't matter, dude cannot take a round of combat.

Percy does not die against any enemy that starts out in the village.

They all have 0 agility and not anywhere close to the attack power to kill Percy in one round.

I just don't see how it's even possible to keep Percy around for long enough so that he can actually die. There are 4 enemies and you only have 3 units up there. They will inevitably chase some of the villagers away.

Edited by BrightBow

A funny way you actually can screw yourself over with enemy spawns is if you go through the trouble of stopping the petards from blowing up more than one piece of the wall.

Enemy reinforcements (besides the petards) will not come until at least 2 pieces of the wall are broken. By taking advantage of the fact that each petard can only go for one specific wall tile and that you can send everyone out once one wall tile is broken, it's possible to prevent enemies from ever spawning.
...except those last few waves. Once they start sending in actual demons and whatnot. For some reason they will appear either way. So if you fought your way all the way to the West, they might put a bit of a damper on your cheese strat at the last minute.

Of course this kind of petard AI manipulation is really annoying anyway. You need to keep track of which petard matches with each wall tile, because they will inevitably mix up their lane during enemy phase. It's some delicious cheese, but I wouldn't go for it ever again.

Edited by BrightBow

Why do I see so many reboots of Fire Emblem: TLP? Did it really need a continuation? I can only assume they were made out of love for the mod.

The original got alot of uneeded roasting and toxic spewed in it's direction (of course many of the opinions were literally wrong, so who knows?)

I have no intentions of playing them, I simply wished to mention it was all.

51 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Percy does not die against any enemy that starts out in the village.

They all have 0 agility and not anywhere close to the attack power to kill Percy in one round.

I just don't see how it's even possible to keep Percy around for long enough so that he can actually die. There are 4 enemies and you only have 3 units up there. They will inevitably chase some of the villagers away.

He does die if he's attacked by two of the enemies in his range at the start. There's two enemies in range of him at the start. The only way to get him to flee is to kill one, then not block the other's way... Which didn't occur to me, as Hesty blocking the way allowed him to decimate the entire scouting party in one fell swoop, ensuring the safety of the villagers.

You know, until the skeletons happened.

39 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

A funny way you actually can screw yourself over with enemy spawns is if you go through the trouble of stopping the petards from blowing up more than one piece of the wall.

Enemy reinforcements (besides the petards) will not come until at least 2 pieces of the wall are broken. By taking advantage of the fact that each petard can only go for one specific wall tile and that you can send everyone out once one wall tile is broken, it's possible to prevent enemies from ever spawning.
...except those last few waves. Once they start sending in actual demons and whatnot. For some reason they will appear either way. So if you fought your way all the way to the West, they might put a bit of a damper on your cheese strat at the last minute.

Of course this kind of petard AI manipulation is really annoying anyway. You need to keep track of which petard matches with each wall tile, because they will inevitably mix up their lane during enemy phase. It's some delicious cheese, but I wouldn't go for it ever again.

To be honest, if anything I should be less aggressive. I have all the NPC legions. I should just let them come in. Let Alandon throw some swords.

But that Lagniel kill is always just so tantalizing...

10 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Why do I see so many reboots of Fire Emblem: TLP? Did it really need a continuation? I can only assume they were made out of love for the mod.

The original got alot of uneeded roasting and toxic spewed in it's direction (of course many of the opinions were literally wrong, so who knows?)

I have no intentions of playing them, I simply wished to mention it was all.

TLP 2 has long been a meme in the hacking community, as far as I can tell. There's been a few April Fools pranks surrounding a sequel to TLP, originating in what may have been an honest attempt that went nowhere? I'm not quite certain.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Chapter 20 of VS2 is almost a perfect map. Almost, until Kaga decided to spawn an ambush reinforcement skeleton right on top of one of the NPC farmers that one-rounds him and instantly deprives you of the good accolade that makes weapons have infinite uses. This is complete bullshit and it means I have to restart the map fully, for the second time, because none of the units there can make it in time. Because I didn't remember this was coming.

A small blemish on the face of a really, really good map, but dang that's fucking infuriating.

Haha, get trolled lmao!

It was me Ruben! I ruined your precious little map! 

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

TLP 2 has long been a meme in the hacking community, as far as I can tell. There's been a few April Fools pranks surrounding a sequel to TLP, originating in what may have been an honest attempt that went nowhere? I'm not quite certain.

But why is it a meme?

18 hours ago, Armagon said:

The funniest thing about all this is that it's never actually specified if The Master was simply pretending to be Rasputin or actually was him the whole time. There are stories of The Doctor meeting Rasputin before but due to the series lack of actual canon, you could say that all these instances, The Doctor was meeting The Master the entire time and The Master didn't do anything until it was time for him to face off against 13.

Is the Master Rasputin? Or is Rasputin the Master. We will never know for sure.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

1703627025878625.png?ex=659dd061&is=658b

I remember a Tio of mine taking me and my cousins to a Hooters when I was like 13 because we were touring Phoenix and looking for food, and even back then I was bewildered at the concept.

42 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

But why is it a meme?

Can't say I remember much of those days, but I'd wager it has to do with TLP's reputation itself, and the idea of giving it a sequel, then the fact it was or not being done.

I just love how Thaddy can just stall that Ice Dragon all day long with the Kris and the Wind Ring. Although Sleep is still an issue, if only because it stops him from refreshing Provoke when necessary.

Berwick Saga is so good. How did I go for entire weeks without playing it?

20200122142352.jpg

https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2017/06/02/005451

Actual fanart of Apostle Sanakia and that one offbrand knockoff from Path of Radiance. Different artstyle that the artist usually does, though. Even at the time.
I guess it's done with water colors? I don't know the first thing about that stuff.

20200127132732.png

https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2007/04/26/000000_1

Sanaki is the better character, though. It's a shame that she is only remembered for being yet another child that the gacha wants it's audience to creep on. Probably better to be forgotten than having your image be distorted like that.

20200122140714.jpg

https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2018/02/12/223752

3 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Haha, get trolled lmao!

It was me Ruben! I ruined your precious little map! 

I'm going to make you play Berwick Saga.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

I just love how Thaddy can just stall that Ice Dragon all day long with the Kris and the Wind Ring. Although Sleep is still an issue, if only because it stops him from refreshing Provoke when necessary.

Berwick Saga is so good. How did I go for entire weeks without playing it?

20200122142352.jpg

https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2017/06/02/005451

I would definitely get burned out if I played Berwick Saga as much as you do haha, but yeah. Absolute masterpiece.

49 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Actual fanart of Apostle Sanakia and that one offbrand knockoff from Path of Radiance. Different artstyle that the artist usually does, though. Even at the time.
I guess it's done with water colors? I don't know the first thing about that stuff.

20200127132732.png

https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2007/04/26/000000_1

Sanaki is the better character, though. It's a shame that she is only remembered for being yet another child that the gacha wants it's audience to creep on. Probably better to be forgotten than having your image be distorted like that.

20200122140714.jpg

https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2018/02/12/223752

Let's be fair, now. Sanacia does have that wonderful scene where she tries to haggle with Reese and brings Ward's aneurysm ever closer to exploding.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I would definitely get burned out if I played Berwick Saga as much as you do haha, but yeah. Absolute masterpiece.

Yeah, but I do also use the Randomizer for all kinds of tweaks. Like, my feel is 400+ lines large.

Just adding those extra bags makes a world of difference.

Plenty of smaller quality of life improvements too. Like giving Miracle Charms and Health Charms a (small) monetary value, so you can actually get rid of them if you want.
Or removing the Limited property from Ballistas, so you don't need someone else to carry a spare around for when one breaks.
Still can't place them in bags, though. That seems to be a different property.

Edited by BrightBow

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Can't say I remember much of those days, but I'd wager it has to do with TLP's reputation itself, and the idea of giving it a sequel, then the fact it was or not being done.

Wait... What? So the issue fans had were that the mod was complete yet... Not complete?

19 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Wait... What? So the issue fans had were that the mod was complete yet... Not complete?

I think it's more of a Half-Life 3 type of situation...?

4 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Yeah, but I do also use the Randomizer for all kinds of tweaks. Like, my feel is 400+ lines large.

Just adding those extra bags makes a world of difference.

Plenty of smaller quality of life improvements too. Like giving Miracle Charms and Health Charms a (small) monetary value, so you can actually get rid of them if you want.
Or removing the Limited property from Ballistas, so you don't need someone else to carry a spare around for when one breaks.
Still can't place them in bags, though. That seems to be a different property.

One of these days I really oughta try it for myself.

3 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Lamp oil, rope, bombs, you want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough rubees.

Sorry Link, I can't give credit! Come back when you're a little, MMMMMMM richer!

You know, that boss fight was actually probably the worst in the entire duology. I mean, most of the bosses just stood there and died in like, two hits, but this guy died in one - and he was supposed to be Ganon's strongest follower!

...Then again, Ganon himself isn't exactly the epitome of resilience in these games...

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The great evasion wall lol

I like the Clanne style. I hate the Alcryst style, why you gotta do the guy like that? He's gonna become even more depressed. Also where Lind and Saph and Vanfather

This is a message to my future daughter, whenever you are in my lifespan: for your 15th birthday, please celebrate it in any other way that isn't a cinceañera. 

We close at 8 today. We are leaving at like 8:30 because these disrespectful bastards came in with the whole fucking family to buy suits and shirts for a cince. Oh, but it's not that simple because they wanted colors to match exactly. They wanted the "perfect" ties and the "perfect suit" and if the colors weren't 100% the same fucking shade, then they didn't want it and we had to look for an alternative because these people never fucking learned the art of compromise

I grew up poor, we didn't have time or money to find shirts and pants of the exact same color and pants so I learned to just make do with the closest thing? But these people? Nah. And it's not just them, it's people in general. Nobody ever wants the closest thing, even when they say they've spent hours driving around town already. 

But this time it was fucking miserable. Not only is the cince not even a thing until late January but they were acting like they had all the time in the world to sort it out even though we were well past closing. They could've come back tomorrow and continued, they have a whole fucking month but nooooooooo, they had to hold our minimum wage-asses hostage.

I fucking hate people, today is one of those days.