Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Ok thinking about it, if I wanted to be exact, I might put Mariemake above Dream Land but that and Zelda 1 all occupy the space of "it's the OG and it's fun but that's about it" so I like them pretty much equally. It's just that I'm more likely to replay Mariemake thinking about it.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

28 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Screw availability concerns!

Not watching on the off-chance I do the whole Asian Switch account thing and get VXT myself (which I hopefully will do at some point).😉 Need to see this alternative a-mazing upgrade and experience its context personally. 

-As I said, I can still think of low availability units as 🤩. This is especially true of SRW, where a lack of availability is something I am most likely to lament, b/c dammit gimmegimmegimme! -And for that reason, I am grateful that G Zeo, Final GGG and Bet’ C are all given pretty generous availability for as wickedly sweet as they are.

I also have something of a liking in FE for gameplay Gotohs. They’re kinda rare nowadays, but I enjoy having them around.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Do they tho? It's one of the most straightforward things about the series.

I believe Shrimpy is referring the overimportance doubling gives to the Speed stat. Doubling doubles damage dealt per action, and it sure ain't only units with low Str stats that can do that. On defense, being doubled is bad, very bad. Armors try not to mind it with high Def & HP, but some extreme difficulty settings in FEs ruin that with massive enemy Atk across the board.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

believe Shrimpy is referring the overimportance doubling gives to the Speed stat.

Yeah but....what else is it supposed to do?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Evade?

Well it also does that but whether something hits is dependent on a few factors.

Doubling is a necessity anyways, if the entire game played one hit at a time, things would go extremely slow.......like Berwick.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Because he get's the brave axe. Without it might as well stick him to the castle

+20 Spd + Adept goes brr

Do follow up attacks need rebalance? Maybe.

Is FE4 the right way to do it? Hell no

Not just that, Paragon is amazing, promotion gains are amazing in FE4.

I dont know what that means.

Not just that, beginning with Elwind? Way better than Fire.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Doubling is a necessity anyways, if the entire game played one hit at a time, things would go extremely slow.......like Berwick.

I think this reasoning is the big reason people just dont want it to be balanced out. People whine about SPD being broken, but dont want it fixed lol

1 minute ago, Lightcosmo said:

I think this reasoning is the big reason people just dont want it to be balanced out. People whine about SPD being broken, but dont want it fixed lol

I don't even think it's broken, I just think it's common sense. Speed go fast.

It's like in Pokemon. Faster Mon moves first. It just makes sense. Unless Trick Room.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I don't even think it's broken, I just think it's common sense. Speed go fast.

It's like in Pokemon. Faster Mon moves first. It just makes sense. Unless Trick Room.

Common sense being applied is usually why games end up a balanced disaster. Xd

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-For all of... three minutes?

And half of gen 2 😛

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Do they tho? It's one of the most straightforward things about the series

I will say it depends on game.

Like for example, i think Engage would've worked perfectly without follow up. Would've made break more important, too (even if it's important already if you don't wanna eat up super up'd Attacks on maddening).

Most other FEs tho? Nah, doubling is needed i agree.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Armors try not to mind it with high Def & HP, but some extreme difficulty settings in FEs ruin that with massive enemy Atk across the board.

Yeah

And i'd rather not lower ATK stats because that will just lead to boring EP gameplay and low enemy quality

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Eh

I don't think it's the lack of doubling that makes Berwick slow. It's those damn midgame green unit maps

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

What most people dont get is that SPD plays both player phase and enemy phase. It also plays offence and defence. This is very notable in FE especially 

Edited by Lightcosmo

It's forty past midnight here

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Like for example, i think Engage would've worked perfectly without follow up. Would've made break more important, too (even if it's important already if you don't wanna eat up super up'd Attacks on maddening).

Tbf I takes a bit for doubles to become more prominent in Engage anyways. No one's really doubling off the gate outside of Vander.

I think that's why the game gives you Marth's Brave-lite skill and Fist weapons early on.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

don't think it's the lack of doubling that makes Berwick slow

There's a multitude of reasons.

Speaking about Engage, the 4th run made me discover lotsa new stuff, like

• Griffin Skill - making current and adjacent tiles have mov cost of 1, is really nifty. Synergies really well with the terrain manipulation stuff you get and with maps that changes terrain - like the last Solm chapter.
  • Smash good. Smash is underrated. It can help alot with setting up enemies for own engage attacks. Also the high MT of the weapons means even weak units can do nifty stuff. Also heavy weapons Engage attacks are too good.
  • Weapons are much much more important here than most other FE - and the loadouts as well.
  • Personal skills do have more uses than people think. You can have a Fates-like Aura set up - although it's harder here, people still understimate it

Next i wanna do a RR Ironman.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbf I takes a bit for doubles to become more prominent in Engage anyways.

That's true. The only ones doubling early on are like, Alear, Celine, Chloe and Lapis ~~And Framme but 0 damage~~

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No one's really doubling off the gate outside of Vander.

wait what.

What can Vander double? He gets doubled as early as chapter 4.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

wait what.

I might be remembering wrong.

10 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

It's forty past midnight here

Hamburger celebration?

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

wait what.

Doubles Ruben's heartbeat.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I might be remembering wrong.

He starts with 6 base speed iirc

*checks online*

8 actually, but he gets weighted down by Iron Axe to 6 Spd.

Funny enough, he does have 50% SPD growth...but he won't be getting any levels before like, chapter 15, so have fun with 6 SPD (or less with stronger weapons) until then

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And half of gen 2 😛

Or all of it, depending on your choices.

-You were referring to the man, not the tome. The tome is a separate matter unless the tome is the man.

...Just saw this BTW.

GBNKv6-b0-AA9jto.jpg

-If only I could care about the person on the right.😏

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

4th run

My 2nd run is still in hiatus. I'll wrap it up soon but I gotta leave the DLC maps till later next time.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

only I could care about the person on the right.😏

Five more years 🙏

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

unless the tome is the man.

Might as well be

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or all of it, depending on your choices.

Gotta follow Thracia canon

GBNKv6-b0-AA9jto.jpg

cute

-If only I could care about the person on the right.😏

NISA: wait 5 years first 🙂

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'll wrap it up soon but I gotta leave the DLC maps till later next time

Yeah the DLC maps are a pain

But since i moved to the nintendo PC now....

https://gamebanana.com/mods/443052

Really

Why didn't they just make it like the Ashen wolves....or as a post game thing...

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Five more years 🙏

I'll choose to be optimistic and pin it on... ... ... ... ...October 23rd of the new year. -Oh wait, I forgot Trail Mix of Daybreak is in the way, phooey.

Vanillaware did put this out on the NY card note.:

F9vuy9-b-MAAk2-Fi.jpg

With a post thanking for 1 mil sales in '23 of 13S, nothing tantalizing. Some of this looks like already-extant art, but then some of it looks new?

-I suppose we'll have to wait until the end of '24 to get a Unicard, that's what I was curious about. -Probably won't get a Kamitani New Year's artwork, I don't think he has done them in like two or three years now.

And, take Inti C's card.:

GCr-Ed-Haa4-AAW-9-W.jpg

23 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Might as well be

c0d84bb9a95e2f469745860c40c7d180560e40f4

No this isn't Arvis.

Duke Velthomer wouldn't be so stupid as to accidentally destroy a sacred book that -IIRC- will destroy the world if destroyed, forcing him to make the spur-of-the-moment decision to fuse himself with the book, and thus lose him human/demon lord form for the duration of his grand adventure. Nope, Arvis would never make a mistake anywhere near as big.

23 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

cute

An aside, but I'm amazed Sting Entertainment even bothered, since they're preeeeeety small and not very relevant, yet.:

GCUl-I-9a-IAAh1a-T.jpg

The princess is here. I just like this because the wingless angel is front & center 😀 if only his harem wasn't all girls.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Nope, Arvis would never make a mistake anywhere near as big.

not at all

😛

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

GCUl-I-9a-IAAh1a-T.jpg

Gloria localization confirmed

Well, we ended up getting a Nintendo Online subscription... and now we're in a Mario Party mood, heh.