Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

TBF, how can you not like an item that guarantees a star? It's overpowered for the price.

I think it's more the animation than just guaranteeing moving to the star. XD

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I shared an early version of it a couple days ago, but here it is, a complete FE Guide

2ILRIv2.jpeg

I do hope it's good enough. Feel free to share around and/or suggest improvements. I do plan on keeping this guide up-to-date...as long as i am active in the community at least, or into FE.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

TBF, how can you not like an item that guarantees a star? It's overpowered for the price.

didn't it cost 25g iirc?

Honestly i would be much more scared of my opposition getting boo bell xD

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

didn't it cost 25g iirc?

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think it's more the animation than just guaranteeing moving to the star. XD

-And then MP4 gave the genie quite a redesign.

image.png

Or rather, probably a different genie.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

didn't it cost 25g iirc?

Still totally worth it. Stars win it all, after all.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That's even stronger yeah, since it can effectively be +2.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I do hope it's good enough. Feel free to share around and/or suggest improvements. I do plan on keeping this guide up-to-date...as long as i am active in the community at least, or into FE.

I feel like it works. Maybe mention fireemblemwod in the resources section. It's one of the best places to go for maps.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, I was not aware.

...Yeaaaah you know, if that's an issue I think modern gaming's not going in the right direction for you. Mountains of voice clips on every action is the way it is nowadays.

Having voice clips at all is really not that granting. I played like a million RTS games in my day before I discovered Fire Emblem. They all have voice acting when selecting units and giving orders.

But that's the thing: Those are reactive. You perform an action, you get a reaction. It's actual feedback. That's not the case in Triangle Strategy because you don't get to actually select anyone. They shout into your ear "IWONTLOSE" entirely unprompted. It feels like your phone suddenly starts ringing.

Although even so, selection quotes have no business being so shouty. If you scream "IWONTLOSE" out of the blue, it just gives the sense that you are panicking for no visible reason. Show some professionalism on the battlefield.
Might work if it was an reaction to an attack command. Though this particular example would be way too overdramatic even in that case.

Edited by BrightBow

I knew there was a reason I liked Mocker. While getting drinking with his friend he also gives beer to a sorcerer’s familiar and gets it drunk after learning that he has to go on another dangerous mission.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pft, won again by Bonus Stars...

Whether or not to have them on is a decision alright (I like leaving them on). Particularly in 7/8 where it's three rewarded, but six possibilities of which three are randomly chosen at the end, preventing it from being predictable who'll win the bonus stars.

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Although even so, selection quotes have no business being so shouty. If you scream "IWONTLOSE" out of the blue, it just gives the sense that you are panicking for no visible reason. Show some professionalism on the battlefield.
Might work if it was an reaction to an attack command. Though this particular example would be way too overdramatic even in that case.

This is why Benedict is best boy. He never shouts. Ever. Not even in his first line in the game, where he's calling out to Serenoa from way offscreen and his text bubble is all spiky like he's supposed to be shouting.

Just now, Ika Musume said:

Long time no see, fellas

Oh hey! I agree with your message. People really should play the Mother games.

(< has only played Mother 3 to completion)

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh hey! I agree with your message. People really should play the Mother games.

(< has only played Mother 3 to completion)

Mother 3 is the best one, but Earthbound is my personal favorite. Totally worth B)

This was a thought i had after looking at list of all the new characters who ended up in Heroes in 2023 and how Thracia got nothing. I found it pretty funny myself but you know, Thracia at least has content. IntSys still remembers Thracia. You know what they don't remember? The original FE Warriors. It's not uncommon for long-running franchises to sort of forget one or two titles along the way, especially if it's a spin-off. But IntSys has actually been pretty good at celebrating the series as a whole so the absolute absences of FE Warriors just makes it all the most baffling and while i hate to assume internal affairs, since the reality of the situation is probably not a tinfoil conspiracy, i need to breakdown the timeline of events here:

1. The game is teased during the Nintendo Switch presentation in 2017. An extended brief look is then shown at the Fire Emblem Direct the following week (most of the runtime was dedicated to the newly announced Shadows of Valentia and Fire Emblem Heroes).
  2. The first new game to be added to the Heroes roster was SoV. Unsurprising, of course they were gonna add characters from the new game. Easy money.
  3. A release date for FE Warriors is given. Japan got it September 28th, the rest of the world wouldn't get it until October 20th, one week before the release of Super Mario Odyssey. Even back then, i thought this was an idiotic decision, releasing the game a week before the most (or second most depending on who you ask) anticipated release of the year. This wasn't some niche title either, Nintendo was actively pushing to make Fire Emblem at least one of it's B-tier franchises. Giving the series it's own general direct makes me think it's A-tier but that's just my opinion.
  4. Leading to it's release, FE Warriors gets content in Heroes.....in the form of special maps. No character from the game is in but you know, i think back then the sentiment was that Heroes was for main series characters only. The OCs do eventually get Cipher cards but this affects no one outside of Japan. Either way, the game wasn't promoted in FEH like the upcoming/recent releases usually are.
  5. Flash forward to 2020: TMS characters make it to FEH, thus taking the "FEH is only for main series" idea and ending it. Warriors OCs should be fair game, right?
  6. Cipher is discontinued so the only other avenue for FE Warriors content is cut off. Also RIP cause the Cipher OCs have some banger designs. At least the original four are in SoV.
  7. 2022: Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes is announced. While with this we can assume the original was at least a decent success to get a successor greenlit, it's also pretty obvious that the Zelda model was being followed by this point. Like just the prior year, Zelda got it's own more narratively-driven musou in Age of Calamity.
  8. Three Hopes OCs get into FEH. Both Shezes, including alt costumes, Monica, and Anti-Sothis whatever his name was gets one of those rare Legendary units.
  9. Fire Emblem Engage comes out in 2023. Celebratory game although this one did actually just focus on main game stuff. It's not really relevant to the topic here, i'm just bringing it up to round it out.

Heroes is the main thing i'm looking at here as a whole because it is where most of the series is concentrated now. Regardless of how you feel about the gacha game, it is IntSys' way of celebrating the series in a more expansive way because it's a steady income supply for the company and people just like getting their blorbos to interact with other blorbos. We are in 2024 and outside of the discontinued Cipher, FE Warriors just has.....nothing. Like you can't even vote for the Warriors OCs in the CYL when Three Hopes and TMS are fair game (you also can't vote for the Cipher OCs that were DLC in SoV which i find weird but i guess it kinda makes a little more sense) so it's not like you could potentially force IntSys to acknowledge the game. To make matters worse, there are three characters in FEH who you couldn't vote for on the CYL: Altina, Braminond and Ullr, the last one of which didn't even have any existing art or dialogue prior and you still can't vote for her in the CYL btw (you can vote for the other two now).

It loops back to what i was saying earlier. It's just insane to me that IntSys does have a good track record of celebrating the series, actually nearly the entire series, and yet there's just this void spot that is the original FE Warriors. I haven't even played the game and i kinda feel slighted lmao just thinking about it. It's so uncharacteristic of them to do a game this dirty. Even when it's Thracia 776, the worst-selling main series game, you still get a decent Heroes roster and some nice representation in Engage even though Emblem Leif is the worst Emblem. Even when it's TMS, a game that has four total fans, including myself, we got a Switch port and most of the cast is in FEH with some sweet art. But FE Warriors? Does the game even exist? Why does IntSys just refuse to acknowledge this game when it most definitely outsold TMS and being real probably Thracia too. I'm not saying to only acknowledge if it sold good but there has to be.....some reason why this game is forgotten.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, because you threw the 3 defense guy at the most powerful enemy in chapter 2-main instead of using Ward to tank or Sylvis to Aim him down or let him come at you so you could fight him in a better position or just avoid him because he's a completely optional enemy. Next time, strategize in the strategy game.

I feel like he just got crippled early on in the map. I'm too lazy to go back but i'll check the logs later.

54 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The wings look a tad lame, not majestic enough. And I killed it in like a minute, but then almost all bosses have keeled very fast in this game, on Hard (I don't really mind it).

I feel like the 3D space made RF fights easier ngl. Just comparing the early game alone, it could be pretty easy to get ganged up on in RF4.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is why Benedict is best boy. He never shouts. Ever. Not even in his first line in the game, where he's calling out to Serenoa from way offscreen and his text bubble is all spiky like he's supposed to be shouting.

He might just be the worst. He always gives like a whole speech when selected. "Let us test out their weakness" or whatever.

It honestly feels like they kinda forgot they even HAD voice acting. That they wouldn't need overdramatic lines for the most basic things because they had actual human beings at their behalf who could imbue even simple lines with personality.

And sure, units in plenty of RTS games didn't really have personality. But there were also games with units who did, and they still straight and to the point. Repeated poking quotes nonwithstanding.

Edited by BrightBow

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I feel like the 3D space made RF fights easier ngl. Just comparing the early game alone, it could be pretty easy to get ganged up on in RF4.

Non-boss enemies don't pay that much attention to me. When three nice monsters attract most of the aggression (and deal most of the damage, I haven't forged new equipment in forever), Ares can easily slip past the baddies and smash the gates.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Even when it's TMS, a game that has four total fans, including myself, we got a Switch port and most of the cast is in FEH with some sweet art.

*Clenches fist wordlessly shouting "Touma!"*

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm not saying to only acknowledge if it sold good but there has to be.....some reason why this game is forgotten.

I haven't played either FEW I've only stared respectfully at the undergarment models, but is it because of the very-lacking OCs? The sword-wielding lemon twins, a generic dark dragon, and like some unplayable traitor prince? I think that's it?

-What they should've done to counteract this, is included Warriors alts of some existing characters. An infantry bow alt for Sakura springs to mind.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

but is it because of the very-lacking OCs? The sword-wielding lemon twins, a generic dark dragon, and like some unplayable traitor prince? I think that's it?

That just means they can knock out the whole game with one banner.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What they should've done to counteract this, is included Warriors alts of some existing characters. An infantry bow alt for Sakura springs to mind.

They kinda do this already. Sometimes they'll do it as special units, other times they'll simply just make a permanent alt for the character (this includes the CYL winners).

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Maybe also not make it just Archanea, Ylisse and Fateslandia?

This didn't stop TMS.

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I remember the game made me imagine an evil kingly clash. Begins as Ashnard's roaming horde (fits him more than ruling Daein) attacking Zephiel's Bern. The two should totally hate each other, one indulges the base instincts of Man and loves chaos, the other is a misanthrope inclined towards order. Walhart intervenes during the battle with his own army, he's a humanity-lover/god-hater yet desires to bring order, a mix of Ashy and Zeph. Travant watches carefully from the sidelines, he has no existential ideology, just "What can I do that'll benefit my dreams for Thracia?". Four mad kings, all so different.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This didn't stop TMS.

TMS has cool Music, quirky cast and a gameplay that requires more than mashing

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I remember the game made me imagine an evil kingly clash. Begins as Ashnard's roaming horde (fits him more than ruling Daein) attacking Zephiel's Bern. The two should totally hate each other, one indulges the base instincts of Man and loves chaos, the other is a misanthrope inclined towards order. Walhart intervenes during the battle, he's a humanity-lover/god-hater yet desires to bring order, a mix of Ashy and Zeph. Travant watches carefully from the sidelines, he has no existential ideology, just "What can I do that'll benefit my dreams for Thracia?". Four mad kings, all so different.

too good to be true

But yes, we need some real crossover chaos warriors game

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I mean, this allowed to expand representation and movesets. Add more games, and unless you're willing to skip on the main characters, then you end up with less characters per game. So you end up with more Lyns and Celicas.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

But yes, we need some real crossover chaos warriors game

It definitely suffered from IntSys being afraid to dive more into the series. They're comfortable with it now but even Heroes was largely Awakening, Fates and Archanea at first.