• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay, it's done. That said, Black Mightgaine won't join right away. However, unlike in the anime, it won't take until the end of it for repairs to be done! Sheesh, would've been an Alpha 1 Musashi situation all over again...

Okay, Scenario 18. After all the route split stuff, it's back to fighting Mightgaine baddies (Secret Scenario notwithstanding). This one also houses a secret. Another unlockable skill, requiring Maito to defeat Joe the Ace, or instead, Hoi Kow Lu. Not complicated.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

44 minutes ago, ping said:

(DA:O isn't permanently horny, but it tends to be rather silly when it is)

"I'm going to wear two thin red straps for a shirt, despite the fact that I live in a swamp and I really don't want to leave my flesh exposed to all the critters and vegetation about."

46 minutes ago, ping said:

an adult man is controlled by yet another Desire Demon by making hallucinate a very cliché happy family life.)

Oh I remember this one, I think. Pretty sure I just let her have him. They seemed happy enough.

44 minutes ago, ping said:

Very true. I was shocked when I saw that only one of your character votes went to a beardman, and only two had grey hair (Izana's more like white-blonde, right? In any case, I'd say he's 30-ish if I had to guess). That means that there's at least three character traits that you approve of!

30s is my guess for Izana as well. And yeah, what a shocker huh? I even had a young woman there! Strictly due to chance willing it, but hey.

39 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

cwy1vqY.png

OOF

I do love how they reversed the emblems but then made zero effort to adapt the new enemy emblem encounters. So it's just like "ok so now you have to fight two emblems at once."

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I do love how they reversed the emblems but then made zero effort to adapt the new enemy emblem encounters. So it's just like "ok so now you have to fight two emblems at once."

It would've been cool if the maps were changed to fit the new emblems, alas, it's a RR, and the creator probably wanted to leave the main gimmick of the maps at hand

Still, kinda sucks i face double emblem in one more than once lol

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"I'm going to wear two thin red straps for a shirt, despite the fact that I live in a swamp and I really don't want to leave my flesh exposed to all the critters and vegetation about."

"So the last big battle will require that somebody will sacrifice their life and their immortal soul in order to kill the big evil dragon thing. There are two options for that sacrifice. You are one of them. Or, alternatively, have sex with the hot goth girl who wears two red straps for a shirt to make any sacrifice unnecessary."

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh I remember this one, I think. Pretty sure I just let her have him. They seemed happy enough.

Apparently, doing so gives +1 approval from Leliana. You did something that the sweetheart new age heretic church girl finds commendable. Approval from quests is really silly sometimes. I vaguely remembered the Leliana thing and checked the wiki if I was correct - I was, but I also learned that Sten disapproves if you fight the demon. It doesn't say why, which is unfortunate because I'm really curious about his reasoning.

For the Kitty demon (who's part of the Golem DLC), you also get the option to let her possess either the girl or her father. But Kitty drops a helm that gives +2 to all stats if you fight her, so co-operation isn't really an option.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I also found a ghost child wandering around. Just, the straight up goddamned ghost of a child, casually wandering about the castle.

I kicked her too. Her living friend called the guards on me.

I don't even accomplish anything by getting into these fights, even when I win them, but I'm fucking loving kicking everyone and seeing how they react. Best way to encourage grinding, perhaps?

That’s like Blood Omen 2. You corner some helpless innocent who cries “please dont hurt me”. Sorry, a vampire”s gotta feed 😎

Its enough to almost make a man feel like a heel for a coupla seconds Lol

40 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It would've been cool if the maps were changed to fit the new emblems, alas, it's a RR, and the creator probably wanted to leave the main gimmick of the maps at hand

Still, kinda sucks i face double emblem in one more than once lol

Yeah, would probably have been too much trouble, but honestly, at that point just let them keep their emblems. At the very least, Vandad should've had Micaiah instead of the double whammy. Screw logic, you're already playing a mod where Lindon and Saphir are retainers to Veyle lol

16 minutes ago, ping said:

"So the last big battle will require that somebody will sacrifice their life and their immortal soul in order to kill the big evil dragon thing. There are two options for that sacrifice. You are one of them. Or, alternatively, have sex with the hot goth girl who wears two red straps for a shirt to make any sacrifice unnecessary."

I made Snape fuck her. It was by far the funniest option.

Apparently, doing so gives +1 approval from Leliana. You did something that the sweetheart new age heretic church girl finds commendable. Approval from quests is really silly sometimes. I vaguely remembered the Leliana thing and checked the wiki if I was correct - I was, but I also learned that Sten disapproves if you fight the demon. It doesn't say why, which is unfortunate because I'm really curious about his reasoning.

For all his talk about stoicism and shit, he liked what he saw.

In all honesty, might be some manner of bullshit about undeservedly bailing out a weakling who can't help himself or something.

For the Kitty demon (who's part of the Golem DLC), you also get the option to let her possess either the girl or her father. But Kitty drops a helm that gives +2 to all stats if you fight her, so co-operation isn't really an option.

Let her take the child.

Let the children suffer.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

That’s like Blood Omen 2. You corner some helpless innocent who cries “please dont hurt me”. Sorry, a vampire”s gotta feed 😎

Its enough to almost make a man feel like a heel for a coupla seconds Lol

Except in this case, I'm just a regular-ass squire who's kicking children and dead children for no reason.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In all honesty, might be some manner of bullshit about undeservedly bailing out a weakling who can't help himself or something.

Actually, yeah, that sounds like something he'd complain about. Just in general, he's never happy if you do something that isn't very directly linked to fighting Darkspawn.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Let her take the child.

Let the children suffer.

Too late. The tiddy demon hath been stabbèd. (the fucked-up bear picture is from right after the fight)

And anyway, +2. To. All. Stats. That is too much for my monkey brain to pass on.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I made Snape fuck her. It was by far the funniest option.

Another funny option I saw on reddit: Play a mage with the Arcane Warrior kit fully upgraded. The AW ability changes the user's appearance, so if you activate it right before going into that cutscene, she is going to fuck a white and transparent ghost.

Okay, Scenario 19 time. Interesting, this one is also different depending on who is the protagonist.

Oh, fascinating, so Maito's grandfather used to be a member of Celestial Being, and... ahahahaha, he's actually trying to set Maito up with either of Ruri or Tessa? It's never going to happen since his heart is already setting itself to another, but still. Crossover interactions, man. Of any kind.

Okay, we're back to space and... YES, space-capable Tuatha de Danaan! Oh, the Para-Mails weren't airtight? And I'm surprised it took this long for suspicions to arise about Tetsuya's "amnesia"...

Ah, Martian Successors now to fight!

You know, back in Z3, the Tuatha de Danaan's animations in space weren't... exactly the best. They still showed the ocean in some stills or parts of the animation. V finally rectified that.

Oh, OG enemies showed up and destroyed some Martian Successors... and finally someone actually shows up among the AI fest. Hm? Obsessed with speed and has spiky blue-purplish hair...

He gotta go fast?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ohhhh that's so cool! I don't think I have a FE deadringer. Closest thing is like...

Small_portrait_kostas_fe16.png

This guy, and that's "closest" relatively speaking because he's not even close. He's what I'll look like in about 4 years

To be fair I don't look like her in a features sense, more in that she has olive skin like I do (Most of the year anyway) which is rare in these games.

For an FE character that's the closest in features to me...

FETH_Dorothea.png

Relatively speaking this is like what I look like during the winter, I even have that same hat and coat. In fact I apparently look like her so much that when my mother saw some fan art of her she assumed it was an anime self-portrait of myself.

I should probably give the Ptolemy Hit & Run...

Ah, Ryoma and Kincade are back! And so does some of the Yamato crew, in the Cosmo Zero. So no Yamato yet. It's still under Martian Successor control.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I'd say, seems V has the same issue as T where the damage boosting Spirits seem to come way late. I have some characters with five Spirits already, and still no sign of Hot-Blood or what this game uses in the translation.

I can't stop.

I just cannot stop.

I have to kick everyone. I have to fight everyone.

Radiata_Stories_SLUS-21262_20240122000113.png?ex=65c01903&is=65ada403&hm=e0f5be382ce73941f1eeee8ddbf15a59125a075c13a593b9db9660b35e137b25&

I encountered this final-boss-looking ass dude and kicked him too. He had 2300~ HP and I dealt 6 damage per swing to him.

Buuuut his attacks were all magical spells that were super slow. Spent a solid 3 seconds building them up. The only one that was dangerous had a noticeably different casting animation, too. Because of this, he was actually easier than all the regular people in the area.

Radiata_Stories_SLUS-21262_20240122000047.png?ex=65c0199f&is=65ada49f&hm=685ca3962cd5a174b53eee3b990ac0014ca81c2385d568e51df78293fa031e45&

So after like 15 minutes of careful backstabbing, I defeated him.

I wonder if the game has any mechanics in store to prevent overlevelling. Because I just gained two levels off of this incredibly long battle that the game obviously didn't want me to win.

...Also, it just hit me that I'm grinding. I'm stopping dead on my tracks, making no real progress towards my next goal, and fighting a bunch of fights I don't have to fight leading to an excessive increase in levels. And I'm enjoying it, just because the context of the grinding is so utterly absurd and hilarious that I can't stop doing it.

This game might be genius. Like Genius, a character in the game. His name is Genius and he's a genius. Genius!

35 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

To be fair I don't look like her in a features sense, more in that she has olive skin like I do (Most of the year anyway) which is rare in these games.

Oh, I see. Yeah, I can see what you mean...

35 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

For an FE character that's the closest in features to me...

FETH_Dorothea.png

Relatively speaking this is like what I look like during the winter, I even have that same hat and coat. In fact I apparently look like her so much that when my mother saw some fan art of her she assumed it was an anime self-portrait of myself.

Oh, huh.

You know, you could probably pull of a decent Reina cosplay if you look like that. Just a bit of dye and a wicked X-shaped scar. Step 1: Obtain a knife--

Okay, Scenario 20, last for today and the weekend.

Hm, interesting, it begins with a flashback-dream between Banjo and Koros. Yeah, surely it won't be relevant in the present...

Okay, it's time, we're retaking the Yamato and Amaterasu Colony!

Ahaha. So the heroes' secret plan was to make the Nadesico Boson Jump. Of course, they need someone actually capable of Boson Jumping, and that needs someone born on Mars.

Banjo is from Mars.

So yeah, in this SRW, he can also Boson Jump. Not that it actually will be a thing in the gameplay (in fact, I don't think Boson Jump as an ability is even in this game, unlike other SRW's)... but story-wise it's there.

Ah, and here's the revelation of Hokushin being a Meganoid. A curious decision, but I guess if they were making Daitarn 3 post-script, this and the above was a way to give it relevance in the story. So now the colony is secured and... OMG, Amuro is here!? Wait, so the Axis Shock sent him to the AD World? So does this means Char... ... ... ...

Anyway, Hokushin also revealed the Psychoframe of the ν Gundam is what allowed them to come up with a way to connect the thoughts of Boson Jumpers to the Calculation Unit to control Boson Jumping itself. Nice lore welding. And now it's fully revealed the main...ish Mightgaine villain is behind backing the Martian Successors.

But now the Yamato is back! That's four battleships now in the party. Time to mop up the remaining enemies...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

@Acacia Sgt I was in the process of uploading 230 screenshots for my next SRWGC log, but the website couldn't process the load.😆

I'll just give you some image-free bullet points.😀:

Episode 27-

• The Gandor headed to Full Flat's autonomous base to discuss the combined operation on the Pentagona Station Satellite.
    • Daba talked with Full Flat about L-Gaim stuff.
    • Akimi and Fairey met Sieg and Sally, Sally and Fairey had to get first Akimi and then Sieg to set aside their own squabbles for the sake of this operation. The Gadisword reps agreed to not discuss the matter of Fairey's return.
      • Sieg and Sally admit they harbor no love for Regianne, Herluga's bloodthirsty top commander, but Gadisword needs power to survive, fight, rebuild and all that. That's why they're doing what they're doing.
  • The battlefield around the Station Satellite had the following enemies
    • Lord Giwasa with his minions.
    • Daltanious's General Kabuto of the Zarl Empire
    • ...Gosterro, already cyborg'ed and ranting about Eiji, who has not yet been mentioned so far. He had some unmanned improved Skull Gunners called "Terminator Police".
      • Compared to J, the Dalijan Gosterro pilots was A LOT weaker, 8000 HP compared to like 25k. Being S-sized and lacking Sniper, the psychopath couldn't even kill an L/LL-sized unit without breaking its limbs first.
  • On the heroes' side, the following oddities.:
    • A playable Old Man Rebel in a D-sserd, he didn't permanently join. Rebel Army D-sserd NPCs also numbered 6~8.
    • Both Sieg and Sally were playable. Their stats were nerfed as you'd expect, and they used Akimi's bgm instead of the Gadisword bgm, but still, this was unexpected and kinda cool.😄
  • After routing the initial wave of bad guys...
    • Upon defeat, Giwasa began expressing doubt about Posaydal's rule.
    • Another group of enemies then showed up, led by some Posaydal Imperial Guard guy whose profile said he had a biosensor controlling him in the L-Gaim canon, showed up.
    • Posaydal spoke to the heroes. "I'm chosen by God, I like sending trials, trials good for humanity, I knew this would happen and I let you do this". He also revealed Daba's royal heritage to everyone. Daba talked back at the emperor.
    • The heroes could sense that they were being surrounded, a desperate situation. But the Gadisword duo insisted they could break through, the objective changed to "get the Gandor to the Station Satellite", but I routed everything anyway.
    • Amu also appeared with more NPC D-sserds and used some SLS technology to disable enemy and ally sensors, leaving the enemy reinforcements (in story, not gameplay) debilitated. When the battle was over, Amu jumped on the Gandor, Leccee got off to stay with the Rebel Army. 
  • Post-battle-
    • The Gandor made the jump, Sieg and Sally reminded them the next time they meet it'll be as enemies. Sieg attacked to blow up some explosives attached to the Station Satellite by the Rebel Army.
    • Daba discussed his ancestry, said he was raised as a commoner. Kento and Prince Mito had a "we're all space princes" blurb with Daba.
    • Giwasa talked with Nei and Full Flat about rumors of the latter possibly working with the rebels, complained about her and Amandara and "what is Posaydal thinking?".
    • Giwase met with Posaydal, who said they wanted the Station Satellite destroyed so they wouldn't have to contribute to the stupid Earth invasion. Explained their other plans to Giwasa who walked away reassured. Olibee showed up afterwards and spoke with Posaydal.

Episode 28-

• First-
    • Professor Hazuki said they're in the process zooming through space, prepare for when they get through to the other side.
  • Meanwhile, on Earth...
    • The Far East Brigade (including Dancouga's Dr. Igor I think) was discussing the situation at hand.
      • Jaburo just fell, North and South America are occupied by both Interstellar Alliance and Extradimensional Union forces.
      • The White Base is at Luna II or something and they're waiting on it.
    • Eiji shows up (FINALLY!). He wants to act, they tell him to hold off for now.
      • Eiji arrived on Earth three years ago -no there hasn't been a massive timeskip. Must've stayed hidden all this time. Offered his warning about Grados, which had actually been secretly heeded.
      • I get the possible sense they're leaning a little closer to the sequel OVA Layzner? Earth isn't fully occupied yet, but he has only shown after well after the invasion has begun.
    • News arrives the proper moment has come, in space, the Interstellar Alliance and Extradimensional Union have committed their forces against each other, Eiji leaves.
  • The New Battlefield
    • The White Base deploys. As does an NPC Salamis with some GMs, the Salamis captained by a guy who canonically died at Solomon and indeed fought there in this game (I thought he died), I presume they simply didn't want to add a another portrait. It sounds like Federation ceasefire talks with Zeon failed and they reached peace with the alien invaders.
    • The White Base launches...
      • Emma in the Gundam Mk. II (a weak unit).
      • Kamille in the Zeta Gundam (Looks solid, Waverider Crash included. Kamile is another Sniper.)
      • ...Captain Quattro🤨 (So much for A Baoa Qu!) (Hyaku Shiki is neither Full Armor nor Kai, it looks okay. Quattro doesn't have Sniper despite having had it in his prior life.)
      • Lalah in her Elmeth (It ain't great, but I could do what I did in AP- take a Qubeley Mk. II and give it to her. She has a love relationship bonus with Quattro.).
    • They fight General Kabuto with a mix of Zarl Empire units and more Gradosian Terminator Police.
    • Turn 3 more Terminators deploy, things feel a little hopeless for the heroes. Lalah says she can sense assistance, Emma doesn't believe it, Kamille says it's here.
      • The Blue Comet arrives and V-MAXes all the reinforcements and Captain Bright asks for the pilot's name, Albatro Null Eiji Asuka! Like Melos -Lonely Way- plays all this time 😁. He was sent by Dr. Igor to help.
        • Layzner looks fairly good. Compared to J:
          • Its Knuckle Shot is 1 range, not 1-3.
          • Lasered Rifle costs EN, not ammo.
          • No MAP V-Max attack, and the mech ability doesn't provide Afterimage (which was nerfed in J), yet he has V-Max already.
          • As the norm, it seems all new units going forward it seems will have 2 free upgrades in all stats.
          • Eiji has Sniper too.
  • Later Half of the Battle
    • On Turn 5, the Gandor warps through, Bright is relieved to see it again. The heroes deploy.
    • Upon defeating all enemies, reinforcements arrive.
    • Haman. Her dialogue makes it clear- Ghiren's Zeon betrayed Earth and has allied with the Interstellar Alliance.
      • Thus, Haman is here to defend the Station Satellite. She really doesn't want to be here though. She brings along her subordinate whose name starts with "R" (I forget the full name) and the cheery & serious Purus, Haman is solely interested in seeing how her Cyber Newtypes perform in this fight.
    • I did have Quattro fight Haman, they have a special conversation, she knows right away who he is and thinks he's behind the times and doesn't want him to die, he insults her for serving a Zeon under the Zabis. 
    • The Qubeleys are aren't very strong enemies, nor her mix of MSG and MSZG units. Easily destroyed.
      • Akurasu says you should not capture any Gaza-Cs, which show up here. They can cause the game to skip episodes and other issues.
  • Post-battle
    • Upon winning, the Gandor moves into place to blow up the Station Satellite, Haman rushes in having expected this, Dancouga tries guarding the Gandor, Haman is too fast, Alan shows up and forces Haman to withdraw. The Station Satellite is then destroyed.
    • The heroes board the White Base. Captain Quattro explains the four new faces including himself. Shiro eagerly greets Sunglasses Man (naive you really are).
      • Emma is a regular Earth Fed soldier transferred to the White Base.
      • Kamille's space colony was attacked, as a civilian he jumped in a mobile suit, got formally recruited by Quattro and Bright.
      • Fa shows up to admonish Kamille for calling the Gandor crew eccentric, but she's only a civvy right now.
      • Lalah is an ex-Zeon soldier, which leads Michel to question her loyalties, but Quattro says many have defected from Zeon & Giganos to the Federation ever since the aliens attacked.
        • Quattro admits to harboring doubts about the Federation, he's just here to protect Mother Earth so much so he wants to give her this geode he found as a present.
      • The 08th Mobile Team (minus Aina) got a few lines here. Since their story has been long over, this was nice.
    • Later, Amuro talks with Lalah, realizes she was the one he Newtype-encountered on the battlefield before. Amuro realizes who Quattro is, Lalah admits that too, he isn't sure if he can get along with him.
    • Chris had a talk with Bernie about fighting Zeon from here on out. Seeing other parts of space changed his perspectives he says, Bernie will be able to fight his former allies now.
    • The Gandor shall return to Japan, everyone aboard the Gandor is to go with the White Base and head to North America.
      • Both the Interstellar Alliance and Extradimensional Union occupy the North American continent and are fighting over it. Fairey thinks that's suspicious. Lalah says something about unknown power. Fairey thinks a C.U.B.E. might be there, might have Herluga has leaked enough information so others can do the laborious work for him and then he'll steal that almighty power.
    • Alan has joined in addition to the four Gundam characters. Curiously, I've also silently gained all three Char-custom units. How did Quattro explain that?

I think that's everything?🤣

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Okay, it's done. Two more DLC maps have opened up, but I'll do them next time.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was in the process of uploading 230 screenshots for my next SRWGC log, but the website couldn't process the load.😆

Oh wow. Well, that's fine, heh.

Lord Giwasa with his minions.

Time for Picaresque Giwasa, eh.

I get the possible sense they're leaning a little closer to the sequel OVA Layzner? Earth isn't fully occupied yet, but he has only shown after well after the invasion has begun.

Yes, GC covers the plot of the sequel. Three years is even the time skip between the two. Like SRW 64, GC combines the whole Muge and Grados conquering Earth plots happening concurrently.

Captain Quattro🤨 (So much for A Baoa Qu!) (Hyaku Shiki is neither Full Armor nor Kai, it looks okay. Quattro doesn't have Sniper despite having had it in his prior life.)

Lalah in her Elmeth (It ain't great, but I could do what I did in AP- take a Qubeley Mk. II and give it to her. She has a love relationship bonus with Quattro.).

Not often Lalah shows up by default, and you can bet if she's alive, Cha... I mean, Quattro won't be doing any Axis drop any time soon. Or at least, not much enmity with Amuro.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thus, Haman is here to defend the Station Satellite. She really doesn't want to be here though. She brings along her subordinate whose name starts with "R" (I forget the full name) and the cheery & serious Purus, Haman is solely interested in seeing how her Cyber Newtypes perform in this fight.

Rakan?

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Quattro admits to harboring doubts about the Federation, he's just here to protect Mother Earth so much so he wants to give her this geode he found as a present.

Well, you know what they say. Something about gifting a pretty rock to a lady.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Alan has joined in addition to the four Gundam characters. Curiously, I've also silently gained all three Char-custom units. How did Quattro explain that?

"Lalah brought them with her." Quattro, probably.

But he's in his gold phase now, so this Quattro guy is totally not Char! He rode red, clearly!

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think that's everything?🤣

Haha, yeah, it's fine answering like this too.

Random question: does anyone know why this is the way it is?

"In Generation II, being Shiny is determined by a Pokémon's ivs. If a Pokémon's Speed, Defense, and Special IVs are all 10, and its Attack IV is 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14 or 15, it will be Shiny."

Edited by Lightcosmo

Don't know why that exact combination of IV's (other than for the sheer % of being possible), but I'd assume they couldn't assign it its own bytes to check for shinyness and had to rely on existent ones. I believe Gender in Gen II was the same, using some of the bytes assigned for Attack IV's to serve as a conditional switch or so.