Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

lol DeSantis quit. Can he quit being governor too?

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ohhhh that's so cool! I don't think I have a FE deadringer. Closest thing is like...

Small_portrait_kostas_fe16.png

This guy, and that's "closest" relatively speaking because he's not even close. He's what I'll look like in about 4 years

Well Ruben you did say bandits in Fire Emblem were Spaniards.

5 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

FETH_Dorothea.png

Relatively speaking this is like what I look like during the winter, I even have that same hat and coat. In fact I apparently look like her so much that when my mother saw some fan art of her she assumed it was an anime self-portrait of myself.

Do you lose the hat when reclassing?

As for me, i can't really think of anyone aside from potential avatar customization that looks like me. So i can't add to this.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This game might be genius. Like Genius, a character in the game. His name is Genius and he's a genius. Genius!

Wonder if he does Double Demon Fang.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

lol DeSantis quit. Can he quit being governor too?

Didn't he actually made it so he didn't had to quit being governor while campaigning?

As for me, i can't really think of anyone aside from potential avatar customization that looks like me. So i can't add to this.

Gonna say the same.

Wonder if he does Double Demon Fang.

Ironically not the actual character named Genius... in Japan, at least.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Didn't he actually made it so he didn't had to quit being governor while campaigning?

Yeah. All that just for his campaign to get nowhere and now he has to kiss Trump's ass.

Just now, Armagon said:

Yeah. All that just for his campaign to get nowhere and now he has to kiss Trump's ass.

At this point it's also just a matter of when Haley follows suit.

Hm? Is something going on?

EDIT: If anyone wonders, a mod was briefly here. Probably just sightseeing...?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh wow. Well, that's fine, heh.

I know I overdo it.😅

Haha, yeah, it's fine answering like this too.

Just ask if you want to see, I probably got the 'shots.

Rakan?

That's the name.😅

Yes, GC covers the plot of the sequel. Three years is even the time skip between the two. Like SRW 64, GC combines the whole Muge and Grados conquering Earth plots happening concurrently.

I decided to go and play Episode 29, which made this so very apparent. Anna's attempted execution at the Grados HQ (with Alan showing up as an early reinforcement alongside Eiji), intro to Le Cain and the Demon Death Squad (they all have less than half their J HP, some Super ultimates with Valor OHKO them, minus Le Cain), Le Cain murders his dad hearing the Truth in the presence of Julia.

I will admit I was stupid. Owing to differences between the J and GC fan translations, it took me until I thought "Hey, what happened to the guy in the Buldy ?" and looked up his name on Akurasu, to realize Rowan(GC) was Roanne (J).🤣 I certainly won't forget to make him the Layzner pilot that gets benched when I do my fourth J run, he will be punished because of his other selves.

The heroes had to flee after the battle (off to Japan, looks like Mazinger time), because the majority of Grados forces were returning from South America.

Only two battles with him so far, and Eiji already has 28 kills. Everyone in J begins with 0, and he gained 7 in his first fight. This surprises me in a good way, because the Layzner Mk. II requires 21 or more before the start of Scenario 34, and Eiji only joins in 28.

Le Cain also attacked the J9-III at point blank, he got ran over by a train for his arrogance.😄 Although I defeated him with the J9 Special, a once-in-SRW-history combination attack, akin to the Final Dynamic Special, Choudenji Spin V Slash, and Daitarn+Zambot combos before it.

The Layzner OVA reads as somewhat gritty. It stems from failure at the end of the anime, and there seems to be a lack of satisfying battle material? Le Cain you said is persuaded to leave Earth because of Julia. The Demon Death Squad doesn't every other day get Phase Transition Cannon'ed and Meioh'ed, one dies of an engineer error, and the other three die of each other? What glorious victories in combat does Eiji even get? -Not that he needs them, not all wars on won through dashing acts on the battlefield, it's more Real this way.

-Although Scenario 29 wasn't just SPT Layzner. Judau showed up in his origin story, thus he stole his way into piloting the brand new ZZ Gundam at the start of the map, which looks quite good. His friends took the two Gundam Mk. IIs, the Hyaku Shiki (the one who apparently actually piloted the replacement one), and ...the Guncannon. They're all victims of the One-Year War and the Earth vs. Aliens vs. Aliens war now, merely trying to survive. Bgm wasn't Anime Ja Nai, something more serious. Looking at Judau's associates, I think I can see why people were a tad angry over ZZ, they look and act... kiddy. The ZZ group (Roux is here too as nice lady officer) is now confined on the White Base until they get to Japan, and sounds indicated that Kamille gave them a good physical smacking for their attempted thievery, I know that couldn't have happened on the show.😛

You know, I've recently been thinking regarding my SRW fan idea. Should I really go on with using the "Main SRW Trio as Veterans" idea? If one thing T, 30, and my own brainstorming ideas have taught me, is how managing to pull that off requires a lot of retooling. Mainly with Getter Robo. Armageddon is the only one that can reasonably be used to pair up with late main UC Gundam era and Mazinger Infinity, but then it still requires a lot of rework. Since you have the Moon Wars, then a three year time skip, then a thirteen year one. Mazinger Infinity is only ten years after the original series, and UC Gundam is... well, quite flexible already in SRW when it comes to its timeline anyway. T ditched the second Armageddon time skip and had the first last ten years to match with Mazinger, while it used ZZ's story since it's nine years since the OYW, so adding an extra year isn't too much of a stretch; more so when it's also adding CCA into the mix. Meanwhile, 30 ditched even the first Armageddon timeskip and went on a whole original plot-line as a result, while everything from the OYW to just before Narrative got squeezed to happen within ten years, again to match with Mazinger, when originally it happens in eighteen!

So it seems T and 30 are strict in keeping the time between Mazinger Z and Mazinger Infinity to the ten years, while UC Gundam and Armageddon are subjected to story retools, depending on the situation. So it boils down to... do I keep both Armageddon timeskips? If I do, no way I can keep their original lengths while keeping the OYW, Dr. Hell's time, and the Moon Wars happening concurrently. But do I repeat what T or 30 did, or do my own thing? Preferably the latter, but then what? I was wondering if I could have Ryoma's imprisonment only last one year, and the second timeskip is reduced to nine years, in that case. Could work... maybe.

Though recently I wonder if I should just go with my original idea of using the classic series. It'd be much easier to integrate, and I feel it offers more stuff to play with. I do miss that idea of having the Mycenaean, Hyakki, and Ghost Empires join forces. And as seen with SRW A, classic Getter has lots of stuff to use. So... hmm... what to do, then...

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I will admit I was stupid. Owing to differences between the J and GC fan translations, it took me until I thought "Hey, what happened to the guy in the Buldy ?" and looked up his name on Akurasu, to realize Rowan(GC) was Roanne (J).🤣 I certainly won't forget to make him the Layzner pilot that gets benched when I do my fourth J run, he will be punished because of his other selves.

Wow, that's quite the difference in translation. Roanne is technically the more correct one, since he's from Switzerland, and Roanne is more commonly used in that part of Europe over Rowan.

Only two battles with him so far, and Eiji already has 28 kills. Everyone in J begins with 0, and he gained 7 in his first fight. This surprises me in a good way, because the Layzner Mk. II requires 21 or more before the start of Scenario 34, and Eiji only joins in 28.

Yeah, at some point SRW had it that characters join with a set number of kills already. It's certainly helpful for kill related secrets, as it were. As I mentioned in my SRW V blurbs, having the FMP characters reach 100 kills combined sounds daunting... if not for the fact they already joined with a combined total of 65.

Le Cain also attacked the J9-III at point blank, he got ran over by a train for his arrogance.😄 Although I defeated him with the J9 Special, a once-in-SRW-history combination attack, akin to the Final Dynamic Special, Choudenji Spin V Slash, and Daitarn+Zambot combos before it.

Well, not so much the V Slash and Daitarn+Zambot. Alpha 3 has a combination that includes Daimos with Combattler and Voltes, and Z2 has one with Daitarn, Zambot, and Trider. Those are closer to J9 and Final Dynamic Special in including the full sets.

The Layzner OVA reads as somewhat gritty. It stems from failure at the end of the anime, and there seems to be a lack of satisfying battle material? Le Cain you said is persuaded to leave Earth because of Julia. The Demon Death Squad doesn't every other day get Phase Transition Cannon'ed and Meioh'ed, one dies of an engineer error, and the other three die of each other? What glorious victories in combat does Eiji even get? -Not that he needs them, not all wars on won through dashing acts on the battlefield, it's more Real this way.

Yeah, Layzner overall had that dark tone. The original had Eiji and friends fail to convince the Earth governments to unite against the Gradosians, hence Earth getting conquered as the US and the USSR continued their enmity against each other while also trying to fight the Gradosians on their own... plus some overconfidence. So contrary to what Kennedy said (it was him, right?), turns out an alien invasion did not end the Cold War. At least, not by making the US and USSR bury the hatchet. 

-Although Scenario 29 wasn't just SPT Layzner. Judau showed up in his origin story, thus he stole his way into piloting the brand new ZZ Gundam at the start of the map, which looks quite good. His friends took the two Gundam Mk. IIs, the Hyaku Shiki (the one who apparently actually piloted the replacement one), and ...the Guncannon. They're all victims of the One-Year War and the Earth vs. Aliens vs. Aliens war now, merely trying to survive. Bgm wasn't Anime Ja Nai, something more serious. Looking at Judau's associates, I think I can see why people were a tad angry over ZZ, they look and act... kiddy. The ZZ group (Roux is here too as nice lady officer) is now confined on the White Base until they get to Japan, and sounds indicated that Kamille gave them a good physical smacking for their attempted thievery, I know that couldn't have happened on the show.😛

Was it Silent Voice? Since SRW tends to use either Silent Voice or Anime Ja Nai.

Yeah, ZZ often gets derived because it turns a bit goofy in the beginning, after how gritty Zeta Gundam was. It's technically part of Tomino's rollercoaster of making a dark series then a lighthearted one (at least in comparison) afterwards. L-Gaim after Dunbine. Daitarn 3 after Zambot 3. ZZ Gundam after Zeta Gundam. Xabungle after Ideon. Brain Powerd after Victory Gundam. Overman King Gainer after Turn A Gundam.

Then again, ZZ does become as dark and gritty on the second half, but for the first half... yeah, it's mostly shenanigans. In a way, the silly-ness is a breather for what's to come.

And yeah, that's how ZZ begam. The Argama docks at Shangri-La not long after the final fight with the Titans. Judau sneaks aboard and steals the Zeta Gundam, not the ZZ actually. And yeah, the other kids would basically take the mechs the others left behind. So Roux took the Zeta once Judau had the ZZ, Beecha the Hyaku Shikki, and so on. I guess Kamille being there to still pilot the Zeta is maybe why they say ZZ can't happen in the Zeta movie verse? Since Judau and friends only stuck around because of their theft attempt I guess.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Random question: does anyone know why this is the way it is?

"In Generation II, being Shiny is determined by a Pokémon's ivs. If a Pokémon's Speed, Defense, and Special IVs are all 10, and its Attack IV is 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14 or 15, it will be Shiny."

Same/similar reason why gender is determined by a Pokemon's Attack IV and why there Sp.Atk and Sp.Def share one IV (and one DV) in Gen2: Backwards compatibility. Shiny status, gender, and two Special stats all weren't a thing back in RBY, so because you can trade Pokemon between Gen1 and 2, these traits had to be connected to values that already existed in Kanto, to make sure that a shiny female Poliwhirl will be a shiny female Poliwrath after you traded it to Kanto to give it a Waterstone and the Ice Beam TM, and then traded it back to Johto.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, huh.

You know, you could probably pull of a decent Reina cosplay if you look like that. Just a bit of dye and a wicked X-shaped scar. Step 1: Obtain a knife--

Her hair is not as curly but I could see that. I already tend to wear my hair like that anyways with it tied behind and resting over my shoulder with a few strands left dangling at the sides of my face.

As for the X mark, a quick trip to the rural ranches where all the paranoid gun owners live should do just the trick.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Do you lose the hat when reclassing?

I don't know, I've been in the lower class my whole life and I haven't had a chance to move up a level.

Oh wait you mean like unit reclassing--

13 hours ago, BrightBow said:

I wish Dark Souls Remastered wasn't the only game of that series on the Switch.

People call Anor Londo the halfway point of the game. But honestly, while Lost Izalith is so unfinished that it feels like a joke, the rest of the remainder of the game is not really worth playing either. Most certainly not worth replaying.

Game might as well end after Ornstein and Smough. Everything afterwards is just a chore to sit through.

I know I am of the unpopular opinion that DS1 has aged poorly enough to be the weakest of the trilogy...

13 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

r4MEyGS.jpg

what the fuck

Oh wow, they made sure this paralogue wasn't the utter joke it is in the base game. I am betting using a Corrin super to freeze her at three range to then pick off the added troops is going to be necessary for this one. Or simply overpowering her with all your perfectly accurate supers might work all on its own.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I do love how they reversed the emblems but then made zero effort to adapt the new enemy emblem encounters. So it's just like "ok so now you have to fight two emblems at once."

Seeing that laziness in the latter maps has left me rather disappointed with the mod.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't stop.

I just cannot stop.

I have to kick everyone. I have to fight everyone.

Your child kicking adventure is rather amusing. Just out of curiosity, what happens to the NPCs after these fight?

6 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Random question: does anyone know why this is the way it is?

"In Generation II, being Shiny is determined by a Pokémon's ivs. If a Pokémon's Speed, Defense, and Special IVs are all 10, and its Attack IV is 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14 or 15, it will be Shiny."

Two main reasons come to mind, the first is comparability with generation 1, and the second is space concerns. An important thing to remember about gen 2 is that Game Freak needed outside help from Satoru Iwata to make it possible to even fit the game onto the memory available for a GB cartridge.

9 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Your child kicking adventure is rather amusing.

I'll kick more children yet. I'll kick all the children.

9 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Just out of curiosity, what happens to the NPCs after these fight?

For now, they just deliver some manner of frustrated reaction and then grumble a little if kicked further. I know that later on I might find situations where I need to provoke fights to recruit characters or accomplish stuff, but that's after the game opens up more and I get to start grabbing the game's 175~ recruitable characters. Right now I'm still in the "training wheels" section of the game. Which is, admittedly, probably a bit too long, but I'm also making it longer by how much dicking around I'm doing.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Was it Silent Voice? Since SRW tends to use either Silent Voice or Anime Ja Nai.

*Looks it up.*

ZZ Gundam, no context.

gundam-zz-07-bright-noa-chicken.jpg

Saving a chicken from the nugget-maker? -Or does he want fresh Milanese later?😛

Certainly a side of him SRW don't show too much. -Or maybe it does with how often Bright has been around.

Then again, ZZ does become as dark and gritty on the second half,

So people were like "Ah, now that's what I like about Gundam!" when the Purus died?😝

Yeah, Layzner overall had that dark tone. The original had Eiji and friends fail to convince the Earth governments to unite against the Gradosians, hence Earth getting conquered as the US and the USSR continued their enmity against each other while also trying to fight the Gradosians on their own... plus some overconfidence.

I don't mind it here, it's different.

Going from J to GC, I thought Layzner would be just repeated material. And Eiji's increasingly-apparently-late entry halfway into the game I thought would mean Layzner got relegated to an inferior position in the narrative favoritism. Turns out I was wrong on both counts.😄

You know, I've recently been thinking regarding my SRW fan idea. Should I really go on with using the "Main SRW Trio as Veterans" idea? If one thing T, 30, and my own brainstorming ideas have taught me, is how managing to pull that off requires a lot of retooling. Mainly with Getter Robo. Armageddon is the only one that can reasonably be used to pair up with late main UC Gundam era and Mazinger Infinity, but then it still requires a lot of rework. Since you have the Moon Wars, then a three year time skip, then a thirteen year one. Mazinger Infinity is only ten years after the original series, and UC Gundam is... well, quite flexible already in SRW when it comes to its timeline anyway. T ditched the second Armageddon time skip and had the first last ten years to match with Mazinger, while it used ZZ's story since it's nine years since the OYW, so adding an extra year isn't too much of a stretch; more so when it's also adding CCA into the mix. Meanwhile, 30 ditched even the first Armageddon timeskip and went on a whole original plot-line as a result, while everything from the OYW to just before Narrative got squeezed to happen within ten years, again to match with Mazinger, when originally it happens in eighteen!

So it seems T and 30 are strict in keeping the time between Mazinger Z and Mazinger Infinity to the ten years, while UC Gundam and Armageddon are subjected to story retools, depending on the situation. So it boils down to... do I keep both Armageddon timeskips? If I do, no way I can keep their original lengths while keeping the OYW, Dr. Hell's time, and the Moon Wars happening concurrently. But do I repeat what T or 30 did, or do my own thing? Preferably the latter, but then what? I was wondering if I could have Ryoma's imprisonment only last one year, and the second timeskip is reduced to nine years, in that case. Could work... maybe.

Time is a suggestion, not a fact.

...How do they make these decisions? What to leave intact, what to trim to fit those things left untouched. It's one of the things that make me incapable of writing a story, having the heart to eliminate alternative possibilities and settle on one arrangement of events.😆

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Looks it up.*

Oh, so they used something else for a change? Interesting.

Saving a chicken from the nugget-maker? -Or does he want fresh Milanese later?😛

Certainly a side of him SRW don't show too much. -Or maybe it does with how often Bright has been around.

Well, haha, not that I remember. But yeah, even he's so done having to pretty much babysit the Shangri-La kids.

So people were like "Ah, now that's what I like about Gundam!" when the Purus died?😝

Yep.

And the colony drop on Ireland.

And other deaths like that of Hayato Kobayashi.

I don't mind it here, it's different.

Going from J to GC, I thought Layzner would be just repeated material. And Eiji's increasingly-apparently-late entry halfway into the game I thought would mean Layzner got relegated to an inferior position in the narrative favoritism. Turns out I was wrong on both counts.😄

OVerall it's interesting the way it got handled. Eiji already on Earth, then the invasion happens while the heroes are in outer space far from Sol. So it jumps straight to using the sequel.

Time is a suggestion, not a fact.

...How do they make these decisions? What to leave intact, what to trim to fit those things left untouched. It's one of the things that make me incapable of writing a story, having the heart to eliminate alternative possibilities and settle on one arrangement of events.😆

Yeah, I would certainly like to know in detail how these things get decided. I suppose they first make up a rough outline with a couple series, then see what else they can tuck in? Or perhaps some ideas are already thought first before choosing the roster. As shown in some interviews, they sometimes have a series they want to use, even if it takes a couple games to finally use it.

Like, T was the first time they could use Mazinger Infinity (as it came out two months after SRW X got released), and its existence means having a Koji in his 20's. So it likely led to they wanting to portray the Main Trio as veterans. Hence Armageddon being picked up after being in V but absent in X, and UC Gundam using ZZ's storyline and later CCA's.

And then 30, because it once again did the "ten years ago" thing, allowed them to make use of GGG vs Betterman, since timeline-wise, it takes around 11 years from the beginning of the GGG TV series, allowing to add Guy into the dynamic.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Two main reasons come to mind, the first is comparability with generation 1, and the second is space concerns. An important thing to remember about gen 2 is that Game Freak needed outside help from Satoru Iwata to make it possible to even fit the game onto the memory available for a GB cartridge.

7 hours ago, ping said:

Same/similar reason why gender is determined by a Pokemon's Attack IV and why there Sp.Atk and Sp.Def share one IV (and one DV) in Gen2: Backwards compatibility. Shiny status, gender, and two Special stats all weren't a thing back in RBY, so because you can trade Pokemon between Gen1 and 2, these traits had to be connected to values that already existed in Kanto, to make sure that a shiny female Poliwhirl will be a shiny female Poliwrath after you traded it to Kanto to give it a Waterstone and the Ice Beam TM, and then traded it back to Johto.

I should have thought of backwards compatibility. It does make sense, when phrased like that! Thank you! 

Oh shit I'm getting fired.

...No, it's not for kicking the princess of the kingdom, or the children, or a number of my military superiors. It's because of corruption. Of course.

Oh, and there was this little side thing where they talked about this one guy going violent and attacking his fellow guard. Apparently it's due to some kind of plague. Nobody stopped to acknowledge that the same guy going around picking fights with the entire castle's staff was standing right there.

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh shit I'm getting fired.

...No, it's not for kicking the princess of the kingdom, or the children, or a number of my military superiors. It's because of corruption. Of course.

21 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I forgot to mention this earlier but I love the full caps "COMMUNISM!!" at the end of the title just in case it wasn't already clear.

Also side note, is that flag not just the Roman Republic SPQR symbol but with a hammer and sickle?

Roman_SPQR_banner.svg.png?ex=65c111cf&is=65ae9ccf&hm=a7fee8fd65a0534281a6b8ca89ea3c0c84c37ef108426f596121d076a40d204b&

Soviet Union fans ain't exactly beating the imperialist allegations with this one.

Sub-Episode 29

• Eiji and friends have a chat with Arthur, serving as an informant for them about Grados.
  • Battle is protecting a Medea from some SPTs, Ro-whatever shows up in a battleship with the Death Demon Squad, Eiji and friends are late reinforcements.
    • The Medea barely got damaged, that was surprisingly easy. But, I should've chosen my units better, because heavier artillery on mechs not just battleships can't hit the S-sized SPTs. And they're forced to attack the limbs of anything else-sized, which is much less fatal but so much more annoying than attacking the body.
  • During the fight, Fa deployed in a salvaged mobile suit, against Kamille's wishes but ofc he gives in after the fight. Not in the Methuss strangely, that longstanding SRW repairbot, she used a GM Ground Type. Since bgm is determined by mech, she was using Shine in the Storm.

Episode 30

• Mandatory, but hardly a battle. Mazinger Team deployed against Baron A and a bunch of Mechabeasts. Sayaka and Boss sat in a corner, Kouji and Tetsuya casted Iron Wall and b/c Best Armor stats, punched and bladed through the Mechabeasts without the slightest worry. It was good work towards some Aces. After like 3 or 4 turns, Ashura did the thing. Mazinger Z lost, Kouji was forcefully ejected and knocked unconscious, off to the 'kaiser with him, everyone else withdrew worried about Kouji, battle over.
  • Again, mandatory because Mazinkaiser debut, it was just thrown in kinda inorganically by making it its own chapter like this and so late.
  • Oh, and Dr. Hell was introduced before the map began, mawahaha-ing having found the legacy of the Mycenaeans.

Episode 31

• Japan is seemingly the last place on Earth safe for freedom-loving humanity. Refugees are flooding in, the coastal cities being exposed have been wrecked. Not good.
  • Mazinger Team minus Kouji deploys again on the same map. It's only a small handful (like six) Mechabeasts. But Muge's Deathgaia deploys soldiers as well like turn or two in. With him is Shapiro, who totally should've dyed his hair 100% dark pink. Deathgaia is angry they lost Jaburo to the Interstellar Alliance, Shapiro (whom Deathgaia dislikes for rising so quickly in the ranks) explains abandoning Jaburo was a planned evacuation to Japan. Jaburo didn't matter, this country which Deathgaia criticized as tiny, is what really matters.
  • Again, Sayaka and Boss ran into a safe corner, while Tetsuya Iron Walled four times and Mazinger Bladed and Atomic Punched through literally every Mechabeast and Muge grunt over the course of five turns.
  • Belzeb of Raijin-Oh was watching the battle, and creates a Jaku Raijin-Oh imposter. The Interstellar Alliance is the most pressing threat, and might as well try to curry favor with the Extradimensional Union by helping them.
  • Raijin-Oh then arrives -the two non-bird components which had impatiently rushed ahead. Unjoined and hence so much weaker, I leave them sitting next to Sayaka and Boss as Tetsuya carries on, I ignore the Jaku Raijin-Oh.
  • Jin and the bird component of Raijin-Oh arrives, before they can combine Ken-Oh gets attacked, they choose not to combine after this. Jin sits in the corner with his friends. I think is when Belzeb deploys more Akudama and jumps in his Jaku Satan (30k HP). Gilgozone(?) another Muge general shows up with more bio-thingies.
  • The White Base finally arrives on like turn 5, I deploy all Super Robots for the occasion, Akimi was oddly mandatory.
  • Another turn or two passes, the nerd kid of the Defense Class finally finish their computing to help Raijin-Oh, unlocks and sends in the Bakuryu-Oh/Dragon. The morale and firepower boost lead Raijin-Oh to now combine.
    • This is my first time I believe, being able to use a remote-controlled mech. I know they're the 1960s pre-Mazinger Z origins of mecha, in the form of Giant Robo and before that, Tetsujin No. 28, both of which I'm aware showed up in SRW (64 & Alpha for Giant, Z for the 80s version of Tetsujin).
  • Turns out Deathgaia and Shapiro withdraw the turn after Raijin-Oh merges, a losing battle and all. I reset to load my mid-battle save from one turn earlier and make a few tweaks to destroy Deathgaia's ship and get the HP Radar and SP+15 it carries.
  • Around turn 9, the Gandor appears. Akimi is told to get aboard, the mechanic guy from Best Heavy Industries is in there. Too hastily for Akimi, Fairey jumps in the new Soul Booster fighter craft and docks with the Soul Saber, for the Super Soul Saber!
    • There's a C.U.B.E. inside the Soul Saber, but the incomplete unit couldn't handle it. A limiter was put in place and what the Soul Saber had been using, was only residual energy emitted by the C.U.B.E.. New parts and the Soul Booster, made using data collected from the chaotic journey so far, will allow for Soul Saber to fully utilize its C.U.B.E..
    • Gameplay-wise, Akimi gets a new bgm. The Super Soul Saber has innate flight, and higher stats everywhere, but no truly new attacks or anything. The F&G frame system is still in place, everything is just stronger. This sounds unlike SRW R, where I heard that once you get Lightning/Eternal, there is no real reason to ever go back to the prior Excellence frames.
    • Narratively? Yes it has been a long and crazy adventure, and only now has the OG Protagonist returned home after a very brief return before. But this still didn't feel earned, it felt tacked on. Though I suppose you could say it's a more down-to-earth upgrade.
  • Everyone routed, there isn't a ton of dialogue afterwards. Mazinger Team and Raijin-Oh still haven't joined just yet. Baron A brought the MaZ back to Dr. Hell. Watta returns home; the kid has had like zero plot despite having been always usable since the first chapter of this super robot war. Akimi meets her father again, has a nice chat with Fairey and offers to make her dinner.

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh em gee, it's him!

Radiata_Stories_SLUS-21262_2024012219064

Purple meme man!

Fun isn't something one considers when balancing the universe. But this.....does put a smile on my face.

Now this is getting interesting. With the recent developments, I have acquired the ability to issue orders. My old captain could order me to attack enemies or back up allies, but now I get to do it myself! Apparently I'll have to learn the commands as I go, by obtaining scrolls and shit. Nice.

I've also gotten the tutorial for getting friends, IE party members. I can now properly recruit people and form my party... Except I only have one friend because I'm a big overconfident dork who kicks people in the shin for fun. But hey! I have one friend.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Fun isn't something one considers when balancing the universe. But this.....does put a smile on my face.

There it is! Quote!