• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

Volo swaps with Larentia, so he'd be in jail under suspicion for being an edgelord.

lmao Benice and Rubenio would've a field day with this lol

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

The two units who take the place of Elbert and Christine are Marcel and Thaddy. This is already problematic, for reasons you should realize if you've seen Christine and Elbert's story.

But it gets worse: Thaddy would have to deal with this man.

FF

That reminds me that if in FE5 you went B  route it's implied Miranda ends with someone her Grandpa's age

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I don't have a single mon in Gen VII that I can say I like.
Like, not a single one.
And my main reason for even playing those games are (or rather, were) the Pokémon themselves, the regions, and the music (because quite honestly, I find the gameplay in the mainline series to be mediocre at best).
All three of which were complete flops to me in Gen VII. And Gen VIII has done nothing to make me change my mind.
I'd argue it's only gotten worse.

I guess I'm nicer about it, but it did introduce Incineroar, so it's not like it's batting a thousand to begin with.

Alola being a weak region is partly because it makes you look at it so often.Mostly with the handholding Pokemon's suffering from for some time. There's people defending a lot about the 8th Gen that really seems like we've lost more than we had to to get there, I feel sad that it's issues were too easily distilled to being Dexit and other things got ignored because if people were willing to act horribly about Dexit do they have anything good to say?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

lmao Benice and Rubenio would've a field day with this lol

Of course, he'll eventually be released when their suspicions are cleared.

I know this because I was insane enough to have Dean kill Chaos in Chapter 3 of my Ranked Run using the Muscle Brace and the Hit +20 food, getting the Leticia Event without killing Faye. 

1 minute ago, Spara said:

I know this because I was insane enough to have Dean kill Chaos in Chapter 3 of my Ranked Run using the Muscle Brace and the Hit +20 food, getting the Leticia Event without killing Faye. 

Spoiler

Does anyone replace Chaos in the final map then, or was the final map just alot easier?

Just now, Dayni said:

I guess I'm nicer about it, but it did introduce Incineroar, so it's not like it's batting a thousand to begin with.

Alola being a weak region is partly because it makes you look at it so often.Mostly with the handholding Pokemon's suffering from for some time. There's people defending a lot about the 8th Gen that really seems like we've lost more than we had to to get there, I feel sad that it's issues were too easily distilled to being Dexit and other things got ignored because if people were willing to act horribly about Dexit do they have anything good to say?

Dexit is the least of the problems I have with that series, tbh.
But I'll be honest, much of my gripe comes from the fact that I absolutely loved the series when I was younger. But by the time Gen IV hit, that love turned into "well, I kinda like it, I suppose", and now it's just absolute dislike, to the point where I'm asking myself "what the f*** did I like about it?"
I honestly can't decide what I dislike more these days: Pokémon or Fire Emblem Fates.

My timer went off at the end! Well I only knew two tracks left, and most of my guesses were wrong, so that totals out to 23/49! Not bad for someone who’s played less than half of the series

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

But I'll be honest, much of my gripe comes from the fact that I absolutely loved the series when I was younger. But by the time Gen IV hit, that love turned into "well, I kinda like it, I suppose", and now it's just absolute dislike, to the point where I'm asking myself "what the f*** did I like about it?"

Really, it feels like i am looking at a mirror when i am reading this lol

Spoiler
Just now, Shrimperor said:

Does anyone replace Chaos in the final map then, or was the final map just alot easier?

Nah, he just does the "I MUST MAKE MY RETREAT" thing in Chapter 3. There's something immensely gratifying about killing him so early, though.

3 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Contacted my cousin today.

He says, he's alright under current circumstances.

His kids aren't sick yet.

That's great to hear!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Really, it feels like i am looking at a mirror when i am reading this lol

My exact thoughts when you were (rightfully) ranting about Trails in the wake of CSIII, IV, and Hajimari's releases, haha!

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Yup.

My favorite recruitment theme is Together We Ride.
But that's mostly because it was the first Fire Emblem song I ever heard due to playing Melee before getting into FE. The version of it from Melee (that is mixed with the FE main theme) is also my favorite version of the song.

So good!

Saaaaame. Absolute fav.

30 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

@Benice

I thought 

was an fe reveal first the first couple seconds and was about to freak out xD

Man, I seriously thought this was an Odyssey 2 announcement at first. xD

24 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Contacted my cousin today.

He says, he's alright under current circumstances.

His kids aren't sick yet.

That sounds good. I hope the rest of his family doesn't catch it.

Edited by twilitfalchion

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

My experience definitely differs, because I skipped the GBA and came back with Pearl.

I have always appreciated Gens IV/V, partly because of what Pl/HG/SS and Gen V in particular do, partly because of involvement in a fan community. I've never had the same love for Gen III but there's a lot to appreciate with them.

It's a shame about 3DS Pokemon.

Just now, Dayni said:

My experience definitely differs, because I skipped the GBA and came back with Pearl.

I have always appreciated Gens IV/V, partly because of what Pl/HG/SS and Gen V in particular do, partly because of involvement in a fan community. I've never had the same love for Gen III but there's a lot to appreciate with them.

It's a shame about 3DS Pokemon.

The community being absolutely horrendous is another reason reason I dropped the series.
Gens III and V were peaks, but... small ones in retrospect.
Very, very small ones.

As I said, I have no clue what I liked about it anymore.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The community being absolutely horrendous is another reason reason I dropped the series.
Gens III and V were peaks, but... small ones in retrospect.
Very, very small ones.

As I said, I have no clue what I liked about it anymore.

The community? I don’t recall them being particularly toxic, what happened? If that’s okay.

Edited by Sooks1016

3 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

The community? I don’t recall them being particularly toxic, what happened? If that’s okay

They're not too toxic, it's true... until you so much as imply that your favorite generation is the first one.
And god forbid you like a certain fire dragon from Gen 1.
And if you dare say anything bad about their darling Gen IV, prepare to get flamed.
And don't even get me started on their competitive scene...
That fanbase is a shitshow. Just like the games, so it fits.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

They're not too toxic, it's true... until you so much as imply that your favorite generation is the first one.
And god forbid you like a certain fire dragon from Gen 1.
And if you dare say anything bad about their darling Gen IV, prepare to get flamed.
And don't even get me started on their competitive scene...
That fanbase is a shitshow. Just like the games, so it fits.

wait what

my experience with Pokecommunity is exactly the other way around xD

Ie everyone loves Gen 1 waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much haha

I have to say... the pacing with all this Lucina is stuff isn’t very good.

Spoiler

She shows up and does some stuff that saves Ylisse and then a few chapters later shows up with one dialogue box and that’s it and then TWO YEARS later she shows up AGAIN and this calm and collected mysterious Marth accidentally says father. What? And then Chrom is going on about how Ylisse has a debt to her, which is realistic in universe but we the audience might have trouble caring.

Speaking of, was the brand of the exalt set up at all before we see it in Lucina’s eye when we first see her as a baby? Like I know we’ve seen it before but was it ever named? Do we know how Lucina got it on her eye?

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

wait what

So you worked at game freak? xD

Edited by Sooks1016

👍

I don't even need to dodged

It will be the same every time

RANGETSU

EAGLE/FINAL JUDGEMENT

Awesome!

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

wait what

Probably depends on where you were at the time. xD

But yeah, I'm done with that whole Pokémon business.
I don't want to be a part of that community ever again.
I don't want to play the games ever again.

And that's the last thing I have to say on the subject.

Edited by DragonFlames

The Pokemon fandom has come around to a frustration with a seeming love for the First gen that the devs have taken to pandering to. That's just it, I feel like people loving the start of a series getting flamed for it is harsh.

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ok, I do want to address this.

I remember for ages people really not liking it and calling it such a disappointment after Gen III.

Thing is, the hating new titles thing is not new, but Gen IV got it for a fair bit longer and some are still insistent.

Personally, I always felt that people going on about it are more likely to be maddened by D/P and I'm not going to pretend they're near my favourites despite it being where I came back to the series.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Ok, I do want to address this.

I remember for ages people really not liking it and calling it such a disappointment after Gen III.

Thing is, the hating new titles thing is not new, but Gen IV got it for a fair bit longer and some are still insistent.

Personally, I always felt that people going on about it are more likely to be maddened by D/P and I'm not going to pretend they're near my favourites despite it being where I came back to the series.

My experience is the exact opposite.