Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

My new pfp looks more depressed than I expected...

Oh well. She's probably just doing math homework.

I'm too lazy to actually find the quotes, sooo:

@Saint Rubenio

Yup, playing Thracia! I actually last left off from Ch. 5. I've found it to be okay so far. 2x and 4x were suffering, but the rest's been quite good. I love the capture system, but weapons being so expensive caught me off guard. I've always planned to use Hicks, (he doesn't even look that bad, actually.) as well as Marty and any other bad units that show up. Plus Brighton, because I like married characters for some reason. I just finished chapter 6, (which was really fun) but I sorta had Leif escape first, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... Imma have to do it again. Also I have almost no equipment send help

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Benice said:

love the capture system, but weapons being so expensive caught me off guard.

C A P T U R E
A
P
T
U
R
E

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I just finished chapter 6, (which was really fun) but I sorta had Leif escape first, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... Imma have to do it again. Also I have almost no equipment send help

oooooof

Capture alot. It's your main why of getting items in Thracia

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ladies and gentlemen, i have done it. I have finally crafted the Ares 90. Allow me to introduce Godzilla!

IMG_20201101_142328.jpg?width=768&height

I have exploited a loophole with the name because Godzilla is also the name of a song, therefore, it counts as a musical reference.

*Snipped slightly to save space*

I personally like the official cover as it's way more epic but anyways, i decided to take my newly crafted Skell for a test fight. And what better way to test it's capabilities than by fighting the bane of every Xenoblade newcomer:

IMG_20201101_141959.jpg?width=768&height

As for how it went.....

IMG_20201101_142311.jpg?width=768&height

It died on the spot. Jesus Christ, the Ares 90 is busted. It's the Xenoblade version of Xenosaga III's Erde Kaiser Sigma. When i first crafted the Godzilla, i thought it was lame that it was restricted to only four Arts and can't be customized at all aside from colors and name. But after this test, maybe that's for the best.

Wait, is that the QTE for starting a battle? The Agni Gatling is the second strongest Art the Ares has, but I wasn't expecting it to kill Hayreddin in a single volley. The Aghasura Cannon is even deadlier, though it does burn through the fuel.

There are a few things that can withstand a shot of Aghasura Cannon, you'll lose very quickly if you try to challenge Pharsis or the Endbringer, but they aren't too numerous. And once you load it up on proper augments, the Ares can take them down too.

The reason level 60 Skells are considered better with investment, is that another 2-4 weapons (depending on whether your shoulder and back weapons take up both sides), means another 6-12 augment slots (plus inbuilt traits), which you can fill for more damage boosts. But as the Ares is capable of meeting all your practical death machine needs, for most players it'll come out on top.

By the way, nice to see you've made this god of war! At first I didn't like its unique walking animation, but I came to understand why it slowly strides, it has the might to be so cocky. If someone thinks the skating movements are weird, it can zap them gone in three seconds.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

42 minutes ago, Wraith said:

For you heathen barbarians.

That’s a good channel though. Doesn’t that thought make it for heathens? 😛

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nooooo why'd you go for the Gregor/Nowi?

I’m doing a fast support run, with the exception of Lucina x Laurent, I took Lucina and Morgan can have Laurent.

21 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I went for Henry x Nowi if only to unlock Nah's paralogue.

You must really hate Nowi

21 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It isn't much better, although at least Henry x Nowi look close in age.

Makes me wonder if Ricken x Nowi is good... hmmmm

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh well. She's probably just doing math homework.

That, or she's sad that she's one of the few Lady Knights in the whole game, and she doesn't get any dialogue or cool skills - she's only there to be a part of the Wallenstein + Jimukha death squad.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wait, is that the QTE for starting a battle? The Agni Gatling is the second strongest Art the Ares has, but I wasn't expecting it to kill Hayreddin in a single volley. The Aghasura Cannon is even deadlier, though it does burn through the fuel.

Yeah, I opened up with that. Agni Gatling boosts damage if you hit the sides and I used it on Hayreddin's sides so that must be what took it out so quickly. But even with bonus damage, that is extremely powerful.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The reason level 60 Skells are considered better with investment, is that another 2-4 weapons (depending on whether your shoulder and back weapons take up both sides), means another 6-12 augment slots (plus inbuilt traits), which you can fill for more damage boosts.

That and also just having more Arts in general. The Ares 90 can only respond to Ranged, Melee and Ether Soul Voices (and Overdrive but that doesn't count, everyone can do that), the latter two are the only options for that. It lacks the ability to respond to Buff and Aura Soul Voices buuuuuuuuut I suppose it doesn't matter much when most things will drop like flies.

31 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Zelda sound effects in an FE rom hack. That's golden.

Maybe Lucina and Robin in Zelda and Link’s clothes will happen after all...

28 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Oh I forgot all about myself possibly having one of those xD

If you ever want a bit of help putting one together, I certainly wouldn't mind helping you out. Only if you wanted to of course.

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If you ever want a bit of help putting one together, I certainly wouldn't mind helping you out. Only if you wanted to of course.

I wouldn’t want to put that work on you, already facing college assignments however. Thanks for the offer though!

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

I wouldn’t want to put that work on you, already facing college assignments however. Thanks for the offer though!

Trust me. My free time is enough that it'd be no trouble at all. But again, only if you wanted to.

Alright, I 20/20ed both of her parents, Morgan better have insane bases.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Trust me. My free time is enough that it'd be no trouble at all. But again, only if you wanted to.

Is it a lot of work..?

LMFAO

Lucina: Has a child

That child years later: “Huh? Who’s Lucina?”

LMAO

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

@Sooks1016 Or sometimes even just the official art or fan art can be cropped to your liking and then I enhance the quality.

And put them on the background... I’ll have to get back to you on that since I don’t even know what I would want to put on my sig xD

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

And put them on the background... I’ll have to get back to you on that since I don’t even know what I would want to put on my sig xD

Okay, just let me know when you find something you're looking for. Good places to look are through the official Cipher artwork as well as Zerochan.

Congrats @Armagon on the Ares 90! Welcome to the club of course, and hopefully you have fun with it. I love the Ares wings when it soars, they are beautiful to look at. 

As said, the Ares has two monster arts that make material grinding a breeze. Along with equipment grinding. Good luck with endgame destruction!