August/September 2020 Event Calendar

Fire Emblem Fan

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...Seriously? I was 100% expecting them to skip a refresher banner this year because of the pirate one. And they somehow didn't. Instead, real new heroes were replaced with seasonal alts. Now I'm honestly pissed. I guess I can't expect ANYTHING from this game anymore. Other than a very occasional surprise, I've never liked IS's decisions here this year. But I guess it IS 2020... 😕

If the trend continues we’ll be getting at least one, maybe two Tellius dancer seasonals. 

44 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

If the trend continues we’ll be getting at least one, maybe two Tellius dancer seasonals. 

Pretty much. >_>

I'm getting so tired of this crap.

Seasonal banner is kicking off early September huh...at least that makes it easier for me to save orbs. Hoping Tellius or Genealogy gets the New Heroes banner in September just so it is another banner I can ignore. I guess that means November will have two New Heroes banners to finish up Book 4 because we are not getting Chapter 10 until late September.

As for CYL I hope the FEH Channel for it is on the 14th so we can at least get an early look at the Brave Heroes as well as get some information about September stuff (I think they said they were going to talk about something in September). Don't really care if there is a spark system in place or not. I just want my guaranteed free summon like previous years and then I'm bolting out. Still trying to decide between Dimitri or Lysithea but if their art is bad or if they end up not being very good units my free summon will probably just be whoever gives the best fodder to one of my other favorite units.

Other than that I'm just glad every banner is looking like a skip banner for me. Don't really need anyone from the Pirate, Brave, Double Special Heroes, Beyond Blood revival and whatever the September Seasonal banner ends up being. I would like to have a huge stack of orbs piled up by the end of the year.

Yeah, it's looking like a quiet month once CYL is sparked. I have no interest in this month's Legendary line-up, no interest in the re-run New Heroes banner, and can't justify summoning on any seasonal. That's a good thing since I'm way behind where I expected to be in terms of orb count, needing to maintain some sort of baseline amount for when Palla gets re-run, possibly as soon as October.

Fortunately the Duos likely to appear this month - Alm and Idunn, are two of the least interesting to me so I don't have to regret my wasteful Hero Fest spending.

I could see the upcoming Feh Channel being anytime from tonight to Friday night. Hoping for sooner rather than later. 

Claude is the only CYL4 character I don't have the regular version of, so I'm planning on getting him one way or another. 

8/11: Forsyth+Python BHB (feat. Lukas)
8/18: CYL4 banner, Forging Bonds, CYL4 free gift
8/19: New GHB
8/20: Link skills banner (5*s: Sumia, Laevatein, Camilla, Kaden, Nina, Lilith)
8/22: 2018 dancer banner rerun (Micaiah, Elincia, Xander, Ryoma)
8/24: Double Focus
8/26: Ruse skills banner (Eliwood, Leila, Anna, Eleonora, Annette)
8/31: Legendary Heroes banner
9/2: Kempf GHB rerun
9/3: Duel skills (Helbindi, Laegjarn, Loki)
9/6: TT banner
9/8: Special Heroes and TT
9/10: New Heroes Revival (Larcei, Shannan, Ced, Altena) + Forging Bonds rerun

A lot of skip banners because of possible sparking (especially for the New Heroes Revival), dropping 120 orbs for Pirate Tibarn, and waiting on September monthly banner.

The only bummer is - I really do want some Joint Drive for Echinda, Eirika, and Norne. (still don't regret merging up my Lilith and Anna to negate banes). and it's kinda sigh that they are both going to be here ah well. hopefully i can stumble into it later. 

Honestly, I'm not sure why people thought we wouldn't get a dancer banner this year - has the game flat out removed an established banner before? To me it seemed that the Dance banner is as established as Spring, Halloween and New Years. I'm excited for them. (I hope i can skip it LOL) but even for their DSH debut i hope they are cool 🙂  I use all of my dancers so having more options is great. and they are usually some of the best drawn units/art in the game so winning. 

6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

has the game flat out removed an established banner before?

Yes. Farfetched Heroes. I pointed this out in another thread.

Edited by Anacybele

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes. Farfetched Heroes. I pointed this out in another thread.

Okay - yes. then they did "nix" the banner (to what i've stated) so i was wrong. thanks for pointing that one out

I would argue (I don't know where you pointed it out)  however - if Farfetched was just bringing in a few extra higher ranked people - outside of Jill, last year (and this year) they really brought in a lot of highly voted in CYL units that would have been in a farfetched banner anyway did they not?

7 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Okay - yes. then they did "nix" the banner (to what i've stated) so i was wrong. thanks for pointing that one out

I would argue (I don't know where you pointed it out)  however - if Farfetched was just bringing in a few extra higher ranked people - outside of Jill, last year (and this year) they really brought in a lot of highly voted in CYL units that would have been in a farfetched banner anyway did they not?

Yeah, they did add some high ranking characters in that timeframe, but the fact that we still got that kind of banner two years in a row was still enough reason to think there was going to be another one in 2019. But there wasn't and that disappointed quite a few people, including me, because it actually could've had two characters on it that I would have gone for (Jill and Shinon).

Been waiting for a Link(Kaden) and Ruse(Annette) banner. Did not expect them to be back to back though. These 2 banners pose more of a threat to my orbs than the CYL4 banner, at least for now.

Edited by Flying Shogi

Honestly, I kinda hope we get Tellius characters on the dancing banner, just because of the possible implications of last year. I will take literally any sign of hope for Brom coming in SOME way, even if it's just a very obscure name-drop from Dancing Nephenee.

I still say it's important to think of the Tellius games separately. In 2019, we got two FE10 banners and a bunch of FE9 seasonals. In 2020, we've been getting a bunch of FE10 seasonals, and we'll probably get an FE9 banner. Between Limited Hero Battles and Resonance Battles, that distinction matters.

Any further FE10 seasonals this year shouldn't really be relevant to the odds of an FE9 banner, which is the likely one at this point.

21 minutes ago, Othin said:

Any further FE10 seasonals this year shouldn't really be relevant to the odds of an FE9 banner, which is the likely one at this point.

Yeah, I agree, especially given that PoR has only had a grand total of ONE new heroes banner in this whole game, back in freaking 2017.

And this is exciting for me, because a PoR banner likely means MORE GREIL MERCS! 😄

And if not them, it can be Elincia's retainers, or that Daein banner idea I had that has Jill, Zihark, and Tauroneo. I'll take all of them too! Though this would mean Jill gets in as a lance flier rather than an axe flier. 😕 So I'd still prefer her to be saved for an RD banner.

Edited by Anacybele