I'M GOING CRAZY RIGHT NOW.

Anacybele

I typically don't post much in this part of the forum, but...

THIS JUST HAPPENED AND I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

OF ALL THE SHINIES I COULD HAVE RUN INTO LIKE THAT. AND JUST TWO DAYS AFTER I GOT A SHINY PIKACHU FROM A MAX RAID. BEST PART IS, I HAVE A SHINY BELLOSSOM IN GO TOO THAT I GOT AS AN ODDISH IN GOFEST AT THE END OF JULY. I GOT SHINY BELLOSSOM TWICE IN ONE MONTH. NOT TO MENTION I DIDN'T HAVE TO EVOLVE THIS SECOND ONE.

AAAAAAH!

tumblr_mjgurjxTfv1rokywzo1_500.gif

Funny thing is that both my shiny Bellossom are male. lol I didn't nickname the one in GO, only this one, because I have a Miraculous Ladybug theme going on with a bunch of Pokemon in Sword. Marc is the name of one of the characters in Miraculous (though also coincidentally the name of one of my FE OCs who is actually pretty quirky too lol).

But I love this cutie so much. Its shiny colors just make it even better to me, that's why it's my favorite Grass-type and favorite shiny.

(This one does need a much better moveset, btw, but I can definitely fix that!)

Edited by Anacybele

24 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Lol I knew what this would be before I clicked on it, worth it for the Pinkie Pie gif.

Haha, yep. It isn't just that I love MLP either, it's that it seems to have a gif for near everything, kinda like Spongebob or The Simpsons or 60s Spiderman. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Rezzy said:

Congrats, shinies are always fun

Yes, they are! I thankfully had pretty decent shiny luck over my years of playing Pokemon too. I'm not sure I can say this is my luckiest shiny encounter though. It competes with one other moment...

I booted up my Platinum game file for the first time in months, maybe even years. Literally the first thing I encounter is a shiny freakin' Pidgey just north of the Resort Area. I'm not kidding. XD

But my full shiny list now is:

FR/LG - Rattata (evolved into Raticate)
Emerald - Aron (evolved into Aggron and I transferred her all the way to Pokemon X because she was so useful and special for being one of my fav Pokemon, another fav shiny, and having a freaking perfect Brave nature)
Diamond - Fearow (this guy came a WEEK after the aforementioned shiny Pidgey!)
Platinum - Pidgey (evolved into Pidgeot)
HeartGold - Zubat (evolved into Crobat)
Black - Vullaby (from a double battle no less too, also evolved it)
X - Lickitung (evolved into Lickilicky)
Let's Go Eevee (Zubat again lol, also evolved it)

And now Pikachu and Bellossom in Sword! This isn't counting GO, btw, where I have a lot of shinies. Though my most special shiny there is Ho-Oh, whom I got as the Johto throwback research reward back in May. So beautiful and Ho-Oh is also my favorite bird!

Unfortunately, I also had two shiny encounters that I did not catch. The first was my first ever shiny encounter period, a Nincada in an earlier Emerald file. I didn't know back then how rare shinies were and I wasn't interested in catching a Nincada. The second was a Tentacool I ran into in SoulSilver at a time where I was out of Pokeballs and actually on my way back to Olivine City from Cianwood City to get more. xP But I suppose things could've been worse. I could've accidentally KO'd a shiny or ran into a Selfdestructing shiny Geodude/Graveler. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing back this thread. Because this happened now.

SHINY KABUTO FROM MY SECOND EVER DOME FOSSIL IN THIS GAME WHAT THE HECK. lol

I was just restoring a fossil I found in Cerulean Cave to maybe trade for Omanyte because I'm missing that line. HOLY SHIT. XD

What is my shiny luck in my games right now. First that Bellossom outta nowhere, now THIS guy outta nowhere. I hope I'm not gonna have a hard time actually hunting when I start doing that. I'm still working on getting the Shiny Charm in either this game or Sword. xP

Oh yeah, thankfully, I had a third Dome fossil handy too, so I can still trade that one.

Edited by Anacybele