Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

2 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Have you ever punched someone?

Yep. I punched myself a lot a couple years back.

Never tried to punch anyone other than myself, though! I'm too big of a softy...

Do you like to watch any sports?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Do you like to watch any sports?

Yes, soccer.

-------

Favorite FE4 character?

Have I asked you what your favorite food is yet? If not, what is it?

If so uh... how are you?

20 hours ago, Randoman said:

Who/What are some of your favourite youtubers/youtube channels to follow?

Jarvis Johnson, Trey Kennedy, Jubilee, and Daryl Talks Games all make great content. Never miss an upload from one of them (well Jubilee uploads quite more frequently and some of their videos don’t interest me, as don’t Trey Kennedy’s sometimes). Their content is all very different though.

Edited by Sooks

On 11/12/2020 at 1:55 PM, ZeroSix_ said:

Favorite game series besides FE and why?

On 10/27/2020 at 6:41 PM, twilitfalchion said:

Well, RF4 is one of my favorite games I've played. It's a cross between an ARPG/farming sim/life sim/dating sim/dungeon crawler. But despite doing several things, the variety of gameplay never feels stretched too thin. There's always something you can do that feels satisfying to accomplish. And the characters and world are so charming. I love basically everything about the game.

This applies to my opinion of the series as well.

17 hours ago, Benice said:

Yep. I punched myself a lot a couple years back.

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Do you enjoy watching Let's Plays on YT? If so, which channels' LP's do you like best?

Mario Kart aside, what racing games have you played and enjoyed?

21 hours ago, Benice said:

Video games. Some of my most loved games are complete garbo and I love it. One particularly bad/good one is Brave: A warrior's tale. It's quite bad in every regard...But the voice acting, strangely enough, is absolutely superb.

What's your favorite sandwich?

I guess if I had to pick one, it'd be a grilled cheese sandwich. I'm not actually that big on sandwiches. I guess it's the Asian upbringing in me that prioritizes rice over bread.

What video game has your favorite soundtrack?

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Do you enjoy watching Let's Plays on YT? If so, which channels' LP's do you like best?

At the beginning... I like starting LPs but I almost always drop them at like the mid game. It’s something about the beginning of a new game, this also applies to just playing video games, that manages to draw me in. Of course when I’m actually playing the game it’s much much easier to not get bored.

If/when you have kids, are there any games/TV shows/etc. you really want to have your kids get into? (Eg: you want them to get into Fire Emblem as young as possible)

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

What video game has your favorite soundtrack?

It's so hard to pick just one game's soundtrack. Though currently, I've been listening to a lot of F-Zero music, specifically from the SNES F-Zero and F-Zero: Maximum Velocity.

20 hours ago, Wraith said:

What is his favourite subject in school? 

I love social studies a lot! Even though it's depressing. But super fascinating! I love learning useless facts.

English is kind of a close second, but I enjoy writing narratives rather than analyzing poetry, but we have a much larger focus on the latter, unforutnately.

What is a game series you've never been able to play, but have always wanted to?

What are your three most valued personality traits and three most hated personality traits, when it comes to looking for new, potential friends?

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

What is a game series you've never been able to play, but have always wanted to?

A series specifically? None really comes to mind. The main games that come to mind are entries that I missed out on of series that I enjoy, such as F-Zero GX and Final Fantasy Dimensions.

If you could go back in time and tell little Randoman one thing, what would it be?

9 hours ago, Randoman said:

If/when you have kids, are there any games/TV shows/etc. you really want to have your kids get into? (Eg: you want them to get into Fire Emblem as young as possible)

Nope! Just whatever they enjoy. I can (probably) get into it as well, once it’s not like... Disney cartoons (even little Sooks hated Mickey Mouse 💀).

What are the very first 5 video games that you played? If you can't remember for sure, just take your best guess or mention video games you remember being among the very first ones that you played.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

If you could go back in time and tell little Randoman one thing, what would it be?

After watching The Flash (2014 TV series) and seeing how much time travel can mess everything up, I'd be too scared to alter the timeline in even the smallest of ways.

...though if I had to pick one thing to tell little Randoman, just for the sake of this question, I'd tell him to pursue Building/CAD Design in college right after Grade 12 graduation, rather than Engineering in university. It'd save my family and I tons of money in tuition fees, especially since I dropped out of Engineering 3 years in.

The timeline would probably make us lose even more money in the alternate timeline that ensues, though...

16 hours ago, Randoman said:

What are the very first 5 video games that you played? If you can't remember for sure, just take your best guess or mention video games you remember being among the very first ones that you played.

1. Mario Kart: Double Dash

2. Spider-Man: the Movie

3. Super Mario 64 DS

4. Mario Kart: Toadstool Tour

5. Super Mario Bros. 3 (GBA, I think)

-------

Favorite TV shows/anime you've watched?

What is your dog like, personality wise?

22 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Uh...I haven't really. Sorry.

Watched any anime?

Not really no.

18 hours ago, Randoman said:

After watching The Flash (2014 TV series) and seeing how much time travel can mess everything up, I'd be too scared to alter the timeline in even the smallest of ways.

Oh no!

18 hours ago, Randoman said:

The timeline would probably make us lose even more money in the alternate timeline that ensues, though...

Oh no!

Which 2D Mario games have you played/defeated?

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

1. Mario Kart: Double Dash

2. Spider-Man: the Movie

3. Super Mario 64 DS

4. Mario Kart: Toadstool Tour

5. Super Mario Bros. 3 (GBA, I think)

-------

Favorite TV shows/anime you've watched?

There sure is a lot of Mario there. That's a great thing, in my eyes.

I guess I'll list off TV series that I enjoy that I've recently watched in the past month or two: The Red Green Show, Gargoyles, and Rupert.

On 11/13/2020 at 3:32 PM, Sooks said:

how are you?

Kinda terrible actually, recently I've started to suspect that my best friend doesn't seem to care about me or my interest at all. Out of all the songs I've sent him and links, posts, etc.. that I've wanted him to look at he always refuses and makes up some excuse about why he can't do it.

There's a link on my discord status message that complete random people have looked and even commented to me on them but even after I told him to look at it, he still won't give me the time of day.

I listen to things he likes, I know he likes Gloryhammer and Pendulum. It feels like we spend a lot time talking about the things he likes but he never shows interest in my stuff at all.

Its maddening because even if I confront him about it and maybe he changes his ways I know deep down he doesn't care.

______

Do you live with other people, family, pets? Do you live alone? What's it like?

On 11/15/2020 at 8:11 AM, Sooks said:

What is your dog like, personality wise?

A good mix of still acting like a hyper puppy at 14 years old, and being a cantankerous old man. He acts so energetic and cute when he plays around with his toys or wants food, but he can get cranky when I try to move him from my EZ chair, which he loves to steal from me all the time. xD

He's not a cuddler. He likes to be nearby, but not touching you. Still a sweet little guy/old man though.

Favorite genres of music?

54 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Favorite genres of music?

I like different variations of electro like synthetic and swing. I also listen to a lot of video game music as well. Though my tastes aren't exclusive to those genres and I generally like a song if the melody is catchy.

Hopefully someone hasn't already asked you this but; Do you have a pet?

18 minutes ago, Shrow said:

Hopefully someone hasn't already asked you this but; Do you have a pet?

Yep. This little guy, JoJo.

He's

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

A good mix of still acting like a hyper puppy at 14 years old, and being a cantankerous old man. He acts so energetic and cute when he plays around with his toys or wants food, but he can get cranky when I try to move him from my EZ chair, which he loves to steal from me all the time. xD

He's not a cuddler. He likes to be nearby, but not touching you. Still a sweet little guy/old man though.

Same question to you.

On 11/13/2020 at 9:37 PM, Randoman said:

What are your three most valued personality traits and three most hated personality traits, when it comes to looking for new, potential friends?

1. Nice
  2. Nice
  3. Nice

I don't particularly care that much-I hang out with people who make me feel happy and try to ignore those who are mean or rude.

That said, I am very slow to form deep relationships. Like, I have basically two friends. I have a billion acquaintances, though.

Do you think that I'd enjoy the new HW game? My family plays Zelda games together, and we've never played anything but normal Zelda, so would the hack-and-slashiness of HW2 do it for us, you think?

How does playing Zelda together work? Does one person play and everyone else watches or what?

On 11/15/2020 at 1:26 PM, Randoman said:

Which 2D Mario games have you played/defeated?

Played?

New super Mario bros for the ds, and the port of new super Mario bros U on the Switch, as well as a bit of the OG.

Defeated?

None. They haven’t held my attention all the way to the very end yet.

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

Do you think that I'd enjoy the new HW game? My family plays Zelda games together, and we've never played anything but normal Zelda, so would the hack-and-slashiness of HW2 do it for us, you think?

I'd recommend you try the free demo on the Switch eShop to see for yourself. That way you can experience it and know for sure.

Favorite moment from Majora's Mask?

Edited by twilitfalchion

Which 2D Mario games have you played/defeated? (I know I'm repeating a question, but I was meaning to direct this question to twilitfalchion)

7 hours ago, Shrow said:

Kinda terrible actually, recently I've started to suspect that my best friend doesn't seem to care about me or my interest at all. Out of all the songs I've sent him and links, posts, etc.. that I've wanted him to look at he always refuses and makes up some excuse about why he can't do it.

There's a link on my discord status message that complete random people have looked and even commented to me on them but even after I told him to look at it, he still won't give me the time of day.

I listen to things he likes, I know he likes Gloryhammer and Pendulum. It feels like we spend a lot time talking about the things he likes but he never shows interest in my stuff at all.

Its maddening because even if I confront him about it and maybe he changes his ways I know deep down he doesn't care.

______

Do you live with other people, family, pets? Do you live alone? What's it like?

I actually had a former best friend that was similar to that. Though it was less about interests/hobbies, and more about him frequently correcting me/making recommendations on how I can improve myself in general. However, he got angry every time I tried to do the same for him, even though I did it much less frequently than he did it to me. Eventually, I sent him an respectful yet stern E-Mail about it (he can't interrupt me mid E-Mail, after all), and he stopped being my friend because "it was a case where two people weren't meant to get along."

I'd personally focus less on your best friend, and more on other friends who aren't as focused on their own interests/themselves. What I did, was I focused on spending more time with my former best friend's other friends, and they were much nicer/milder people who actually listened to me and didn't treat themselves like they were above me. Perhaps you can do the same with your best friend's other friends.

I hope that helps.

- - - -

Anyways, to answer your question: I live with my parents and my siblings. It's pretty chill for the most part, since we're all just focusing on our own things (work at home, remote school, etc.) We eat lunch/dinner together and do prayers/mass together, but otherwise, my family and I don't really do many things together anymore.