Worst character

Tino

I've never miss-spelled "Rolf" intentionally <_<

Rolf has mid/lategame use though, and those are bigger maps than Shinon's earlygame uses.

Not really. More like being average, or perhaps even below average. At least Shinon has a period of being pretty awesome, although he indeed sucks hard upon rejoining, and then will be a bit below average as well a bit later on. Overall, I don't see Rolf winning in any way.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never miss-spelled "Rolf" intentionally <_<

Not really. More like being average, or perhaps even below average. At least Shinon has a period of being pretty awesome, although he indeed sucks hard upon rejoining, and then will be a bit below average as well a bit later on. Overall, I don't see Rolf winning in any way.

Rolf > Shinon when Shinon rejoins. That's where.

Rolf requires a lot of babying, which is pretty appealing to most people. And he turns out decent. Overall, I'd agree with him being the least useful. Though he still kicks ass if you actually could baby him to 20/20.

Weakest character @ 20/20? Hello Bastian.

This thread should be titled Worst Unit since Character is something totally different.

Bastian is one of my favourite characters but he is a very bad unit. Maybe if he had Staves I'd consider him a bit better than he is, but unfortunately I'd probably call him the worst. Rolf suffers from a lot of crapiness like being general average stats with a crap class, but he does have some usefulness, kinda.

No, he has no usefulness at all. Bad stats, average at most later on, stuck to 2 range, no good supports... Reason enough to truly consider him an incredibly bad unit.

Considering the huge amount of BEXP you can put on Rolf with little consequence whatsoever, I don't see him being the worst unit. The gap between the inconvenience of having to baby/shield/BEXP someone like Rolf is far smaller to me than the inconvenience of using someone who cannot get good ever, like Bastian.

I do think Shinon is better than Rolf. By the time Rolf joins, he'll be stronger than Shinon, yes, but that's only after he was sucking it up for several chapters, or after he used a lot of bexp. Baby Shinon for a few chapters, too, and/or give him a lot of bexp, and he'll be just fine as well.

Then he has earlygame use.

Considering the huge amount of BEXP you can put on Rolf with little consequence whatsoever, I don't see him being the worst unit. The gap between the inconvenience of having to baby/shield/BEXP someone like Rolf is far smaller to me than the inconvenience of using someone who cannot get good ever, like Bastian.

Or looking at it another way...

You can throw Bastian in for chapters that you have more unit slots than actual team members and have him help out a bit there, but with Rolf, he starts out mega phail, and you have to invest a lot in him, only to get an only average unit, or even below average.

Edited by Reikken

Bastian can two-round those Wyvern Riders in his joining chapter, which has to be worth something. ;)

By the time you get Bastian, everyone in your team should be able to double round those thing except armored units

By the time you get Bastian, everyone in your team should be able to double round those thing except armored units

However, they reinforce right near Bastian's joining position, so using him to kill the Riders allows the other characters to continue to the gate and villages.

However, they reinforce right near Bastian's joining position, so using him to kill the Riders allows the other characters to continue to the gate and villages.

true.... and after that?

Or they could continue anyway and take out the Riders when they catch up. Or you could even leave characters behind who can one-round them.

true.... and after that?

He can create a fail support with Lucia for some decent durability. ^_^

Or they could continue anyway and take out the Riders when they catch up. Or you could even leave characters behind who can one-round them.

Rikard has large division near the bottom village, with the Nihil scroll. The second village gets attacked by two Bandits and a Berserker. Dividing those forces while keeping others just to handle a few Wyvern Riders while gaining max BEXP is unlikely. Bastian has at least that to help the team.

Rikard has large division near the bottom village, with the Nihil scroll. The second village gets attacked by two Bandits and a Berserker. Dividing those forces while keeping others just to handle a few Wyvern Riders while gaining max BEXP is unlikely. Bastian has at least that to help the team.
Is this game that hard for you? o_O I can't remember how many people you can bring (a dozen?), but you can split your army to head towards each village and it'll be more than sufficient. You're not losing BEXP at all. Plus, you only need one unit to take out the riders.

Bastian is slow as hell. If you've been training Soren, Ilyana, or Tormod, they're probably better than him. Likewise with Lucia and the swordmasters. Lucia is weak. There's not much point to Bastian and Lucia if you've been using characters from their respective classes.

I've used Rolf and he turned out great. Thing is if you train Rolf, he's better than Shinon when you get him back. If you train Shinon later, he could be better than Rolf in a few areas. Both of them have to be babied to be of any use. Whether they're worth it or not depends on your playstyle. I personally don't use either cause I'm not into snipers not countering on the enemy phase unless its a ranged attack and there are better characters.