Left 4 Dead

Fox

hahaha, sorry for calling it "extreme" mode.

hahaha

my brother and i have pretty much renamed all the different specials.

but no way, there's really no way to beat expert without four people...man. why does xbox have to be kind of gay and require payments to play online. that's the cool part of Wii...even it it does kind of suck to play smash online all lagged out.

well, thank you anyways.

has valve announced when they'll be releasing the patches for the game?

they said something about a flamethrower and "soon after release."

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha, sorry for calling it "extreme" mode.

hahaha

my brother and i have pretty much renamed all the different specials.

I got what you meant. ;)

but no way, there's really no way to beat expert without four people...man. why does xbox have to be kind of gay and require payments to play online. that's the cool part of Wii...even it it does kind of suck to play smash online all lagged out.

well, thank you anyways.

has valve announced when they'll be releasing the patches for the game?

they said something about a flamethrower and "soon after release."

I'm unsure as to specific dates, but it was announced that Valve is planning to add more maps in addition to making all of the current maps (and new ones?) playable in Versus. I don't know about any new weapons.

Actually nowadays that's more like 80 to 90%.

A lot of poor console titles are ported to PC with inferior controls and many bugs and glitches. :(

I'm looking at you Bioshock. Thanks for forcing mouse acceleration on with no way of turning it off (not even editing the .ini files would do it) basically making the game unplayable (especially with a high sensitivity mouse like many PC FPS players use).

Whenever I play it, the bad controls ruin the immersion and the fun factor.

As for L4D I picked it up recently, but I haven't had much time playing it yet. Currently, I've been playing by the rule: Always use the Shotgun. ALWAYS.

I'm looking at you Bioshock. Thanks for forcing mouse acceleration on with no way of turning it off (not even editing the .ini files would do it) basically making the game unplayable (especially with a high sensitivity mouse like many PC FPS players use).

Whenever I play it, the bad controls ruin the immersion and the fun factor.

As for L4D I picked it up recently, but I haven't had much time playing it yet. Currently, I've been playing by the rule: Always use the Shotgun. ALWAYS.

if u had the 360 version you would be mah best friend.

if u had the 360 version you would be mah best friend.

OIY. I used to use the shotgun when we were team, but then I realized that I need long range in order to save your ass when you decide to become a bleedin' heart.

OIY. I used to use the shotgun when we were team, but then I realized that I need long range in order to save your ass when you decide to become a bleedin' heart.

SHOVE IT BITCH

Anyone looking forward to the release of the Biohazard 2 campaign coming out? I'll be stalking the shit out of that map--Resident Evil 2 is the best of the series, and deserves some more exposure. Not to mention having the connection to an entire Umbrella lab-thing underneath the streets of RaccoonCity >:o!

Anyone looking forward to the release of the Biohazard 2 campaign coming out? I'll be stalking the shit out of that map--Resident Evil 2 is the best of the series, and deserves some more exposure. Not to mention having the connection to an entire Umbrella lab-thing underneath the streets of RaccoonCity >:o!

this topic is about left 4 dead nothing else

I want an XBox now... >_>

Everybody at my school is talking about Left 4 Dead, also.

I stress that, assuming your desktop meets the relatively undemanding system requirements, you buy the PC version over the 360 one.

hey, so i am still struggling on expert mode with my brother. we've made it all the way to the finale of each level, but we keep getting stomped every time. Out biggest problem is dealing with the Tanks at the end. No matter what they're destroying us. Usually the first kills at least someone, and then we struggle through the next horde.

so my question is, what is everyone's Tank fighting strategy?

we pretty much try guerrilla tactics, constantly moving and shooting it. Even the computer characters have caught on...until one of them gets hit. We malatov him every time, if we have one, since it deals constant damage, unless he goes into some water (stupid lake in Death Toll).

wait theres a RE2 and a biohazard campaign map coming out!??!?!?!?!?!

hey, so i am still struggling on expert mode with my brother. we've made it all the way to the finale of each level, but we keep getting stomped every time. Out biggest problem is dealing with the Tanks at the end. No matter what they're destroying us. Usually the first kills at least someone, and then we struggle through the next horde.

so my question is, what is everyone's Tank fighting strategy?

we pretty much try guerrilla tactics, constantly moving and shooting it. Even the computer characters have caught on...until one of them gets hit. We malatov him every time, if we have one, since it deals constant damage, unless he goes into some water (stupid lake in Death Toll).

you're doing the right thing moltoving him as soon as he shows up. you MAY need to use one of the two of you as a sacrificial bait, make the tank chase that person around while he and the other attacks to drain its health while its only taking out 1 of the 2 of you, if you do this part right, its health should be low enough for the one who wasnt the bait and the bots to finish it off, then just rescue the one who died if there's a hero closet nearby.

Yea, to elaborate on what Masu said...

The baits job is to lure the tank away from everyone, but somewhere everyone can shoot it. Use obstacles to your advantage. If you're by something big, like a truck or house, just run circles around it. Tanks aren't too smart. Same can be done( much more effectively) in tunnels that loop.

Join the winner's circle.

Considering that controls are harder to grasp than in the PC version, updates are more infrequent than the PC version, and the fact that she'll likely be having to pay for a few of those updates...