Regardless of what some people may think, Paladin's are always were and always will be a superior class.

"A superior class" works for me. Just don't call anything the best. They are a good class with their caps and weapons, I can see that, I was just never really a fan until FE9 when one actually became very good for me. And the way they are just thrown at us all the time is really annoying.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"A superior class" works for me. Just don't call anything the best. They are a good class with their caps and weapons, I can see that, I was just never really a fan until FE9 when one actually became very good for me. And the way they are just thrown at us all the time is really annoying.

I agree with that. FE10 had 8 of them (Right?) where as there was only one dark mage. And you can't even use him on the first playthrough. The classes should be more evenly divided.

Well you made it sound like Paladins suck in a way, which they don't. Your also ignoring my point of how they have a really good purposes in the earlier game such as, they make the best rescuers ever + 8 Movements. And sometimes they make a good meatshield too. I don't know what would I ever do without them.

Well you made it sound like Paladins suck in a way, which they don't. Your also ignoring my point of how they have a really good purposes in the earlier game such as, they make the best rescuers ever + 8 Movements. And sometimes they make a good meatshield too. I don't know what would I ever do without them.

Paladins are not the best rescuing units. Falcoknights/Wyvernlords are, for obvious reasons. And I never said paladins sucked, just that they were never great for me in the GBA games. They are better in 9 and 10. If you didn't get all that, you just weren't paying attention.

Paladins are not the best rescuing units. Falcoknights/Wyvernlords are, for obvious reasons. And I never said paladins sucked, just that they were never great for me in the GBA games. They are better in 9 and 10. If you didn't get all that, you just weren't paying attention.
Paladins in this game always tended to suck for me, including Franz.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. -_-

There is one tiny problem you missed out. For starters, I was mostly referring to the earlier part of the games where you get Jeigan archetypes which happens to be Paladins. They saved your units lives by contribute many things such as rescuing and being your meatshield in the game. So they don't contribute any rescuing compare to Paladins/Jeigan Archetypes in the earlier game. You don't get Falcoknights nor Wyvern Lord's until half-way part of the game. It is only then you can throw them away if you like. They still contribute a lot.

If you're really good at FE, then there is no "superior class" because you'd find a way for every class to perform at their best

If your referring to this game, they still help you a lot. What about Seth for instance, do you think he sucks?

I think he could be better, that's for sure. I've seen units be more useful.

If your referring to this game, they still help you a lot. What about Seth for instance, do you think he sucks?

of course not, he's a good jeigan

Sometimes he would get good defense, but other times (most times) his defense refused to rise. Whenever his defense was good, he would be a main player in the chapter with the spider and civilians.

On-topicness is for nerds.

ur face is a nerd

I hate it when people dislike a character because they get RNG screwed with them.

In my honest opinion, the only character you should truly hate by stats is teh original Jeigan.

ur face is a nerd

why do u hert me //_-\

If I used a pally in Stones, it would probably be Franz. He's not a bad unit on paper, anyway.

• 1 month later...

Depends on if I get DEF screwed with him or not. Really, the only character in the game that you don't have to worry about being DEF screwed is Gilliam, as he's the only guy with over 50% stat growths in defense.

He's good. I like him. I use Franz most playthroughs because I also like most his supported units.