question about "heather"

I think the unused Heather in FE9 is a different one. But there isn't any full-proof way of being sure to my knowledge. (FE9 Heather has no portrait, so you should check her affinity and see if it matches FE10s, although it's not full-proof I think it would be safe to assume).

i can never remember detailed stuff like that... my comprehesion aint all that great....

What about Melty?

Ike's big brother who was hit by a rouge Arcfire. Because of the disfiguring facial scars the accident had wrought, he was dubbed Melty by his peers. In his shame, Melty left Tellius in search of a land where he would be accepted. With a tip from his best friend Soran and the name of an excellent plastic surgeon in hand, Melty left his Tellius past behind forever. Though Greil refused to acknowledge his lost son, heroic rumors circulated of Melty's new adventures in far off lands... The adventures...of Hector.

*GigaGasp*

Never mind 'Monica' (which sounds a bit like Micaiah doesn't it?).

@Zephrion: Does that mean that Ike's journey to distant lands lead him to [where FE7 is set] to become Marquees Ostia? ;)

FE9 Heather has light affinity, FE10 has fire, FE9 has no portraits and is a different class and growths. At best I am thinking it was like this "Hey what should we name this rogue?" "Umm... what about that sword knight's name we never finished in 9?" "Oh.. you mean Heather? Sure why not".