Got any tips for chapter 5?

Ch. 5 can be pretty tough. It is worth noting that Joshua will not attack Natasha, so if you can get rid of the fighters, she can walk up to him safely.

Aside from that, Seth can probably handily help you out here if you need him, and Vanessa can fly ahead to get to the villages before the bandits if you're turtling.

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ch. 5 can be pretty tough. It is worth noting that Joshua will not attack Natasha, so if you can get rid of the fighters, she can walk up to him safely.

Aside from that, Seth can probably handily help you out here if you need him, and Vanessa can fly ahead to get to the villages before the bandits if you're turtling.

This is kind of what I have been doing. I send Seth to the right to deal with the bandits that spawn and to bait some of the soldiers, send Vanessa to the first village on the right the use Franz to bait the first fighter with Garcia behind him to take out the soldiers after. My problem with the villages is that some of them are covered by archers so Vanessa can't get in. Other than that there are just so many enemies that when I bait them out with Garcia or Franz they either die or accidentally kill Joshua because I can't stay out of his range. I have like the first 5 turns down but after that I start making mistakes. I will try using Seth more I was trying to feed kills to Garcia and Franz before but it is not working out obviously.

Edited by Quickpawmaud

11 minutes ago, Quickpawmaud said:

Other than that there are just so many enemies that when I bait them out with Garcia or Franz they either die or accidentally kill Joshua because I can't stay out of his range.

Well, there is a Dracoshield in this chapter, so you could use it right away. This might sound like I'm memeing, but base level Gilliam + Dracoshield survives a round against Joshua even if Joshua double crits. Alternatively, if Vanessa's doing well, she could also do pretty well against Joshua, since she has a good shot to not get doubled. If Franz is way overleveled or blessed, he can potentially avoid being doubled as well, and Colm might be able to do that as well.

46 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, there is a Dracoshield in this chapter, so you could use it right away. This might sound like I'm memeing, but base level Gilliam + Dracoshield survives a round against Joshua even if Joshua double crits. Alternatively, if Vanessa's doing well, she could also do pretty well against Joshua, since she has a good shot to not get doubled. If Franz is way overleveled or blessed, he can potentially avoid being doubled as well, and Colm might be able to do that as well.

I kind of ignored Vanessa a bit since the early chapters were mostly axes and she couldn't one round the monsters in the last chapter but Garcia could. I need to focus on her  a bit more later on. I was able to make it through the map but I had to kill like half the enemies with Seth now I am slogging through 5X taking forever. I tried doing it quickly and died. This game is significantly harder than 3DS Fire Emblem and I really miss the enemy range indicators.