Remakes

Chalis

Which of the following would you love to see a remake of?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. See above.

• Gaiden
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Mystery of the Emblem, Book II
    • All of the above
    • No more remakes... Please, no more...
  2. 2. Why?

• Class
    • Plot
    • Development
    • Fun
    • Hard
    • Popularity
    • Been there, done that
    • Other
  3. 3. What would make you change your mind?

• Lol, Marth.
    • Lol, Shadow Dragon.
    • Intelligent Systems NOT taking the hint that we want more character development
    • The EXACT same game with better graphics.
    • Nothing, because I'm happy with whatever I get!
    • Other

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was easily one of the best, and IS will completely and utterly rape Seisen..

In term of challenge and difficulty, then yes.

But in term of storyline, FE5 is just a minority part of more awesome plot that is FE4. ;)

But in term of storyline, FE5 is just a minority part of more awesome plot that is FE4.

Very well spoken.

I'd be happier if they combined FE4 and FE5 into one game.. it'd be hideously long but then again so was FE3. However, they shortened Shadow Dragon into only one part so I don't think that will happen.

Edited by Loputousu

I'd be happier if they combined FE4 and FE5 into one game.. it'd be hideously long but then again so was FE3. However, they shortened Shadow Dragon into only one part so I don't think that will happen.

Actually, I don't feel FE3 was THAT long.

And I heard that FE3 book 1 was a shortned version of FE1, since FEDS is a remake of FE1....

It's not suprising that they left FE3 book 2.

As for the FE4 + FE5 thing...

That could be over kill.

A lot of chapters + Large maps + Lover system + Thracia's hardness + HUGE amount of character in 2nd Gen (counting that we also get Thracia's characters) = ...Dead.

That could be over kill.

A lot of chapters + Large maps + Lover system + Thracia's hardness + HUGE amount of character in 2nd Gen (counting that we also get Thracia's characters) = ...Dead.

Obviously, the hardness will be decreased.

I think there were like 100 characters in Radiant Dawn..

Yeah, it's pretty insane, but it could work out somehow.

Obviously, the hardness will be decreased.

But you see, one of the main reasons why Thracia is so appealing was because it's difficulty. -_-

Combining these two will be dead for the players.

Though for me it would be a satisfying death.

But you see, one of the main reasons why Thracia is so appealing was because it's difficulty.

Do you seriously think that it won't get nerfed for American players?

Look at the newer games, like FE10, FE11. Not as difficult as FE5. I don't consider FE11 H5 to be hard anyway.

It would be neat though.

Do you seriously think that it won't get nerfed for American players?

Look at the newer games, like FE10, FE11. Not as difficult as FE5. I don't consider FE11 H5 to be hard anyway.

It would be neat though.

Who said I'm talking about the American players?

Most of Older FEs' players like Thracia just the way it is now. Hard.

To take that point will be a serious blow to the game. Since Thracia is known as one of the hardest (if not the hardest) FE in the entire series.

Chances are that's because they can't read the story, though.

Must you always try to ruin my argument?

But you can’t deny they are attracted to Thracia because it’s legendary hardness in FE. Thus they like it, hard.

Must you always try to ruin my argument?

But you can’t deny they are attracted to Thracia because it’s legendary hardness in FE. Thus they like it, hard.

Of course.

Either you want hardness, or you use savestates. So... yeah.

Who said I'm talking about the American players?

To take that point will be a serious blow to the game. Since Thracia is known as one of the hardest (if not the hardest) FE in the entire series.

You're talking about the players in general. American players are in that, and believe it or not, they're a big part of it.

Games nowadays have become easier in order to appeal the casual players, you can't deny this. FE7, FE8, FE9, FE10, FE11, they can't compare to the difficulty of Thracia (which doesn't even have a hard mode insofar as I am able to see). Even when you play on hard mode, it's just not as difficult as Thracia (this could merely be my personal opinion). Perhaps it can stay as hard as it is if it is remade (as a mode), but it's definitely going to be easier, in normal mode, and so on.

The older FE players are no longer a big part of the players. The older players get replaced with the newer players, and it's been a while since Thracia got released.

I'm sure that Thracia will be nerfed, not only for Americans, but also, the Japanese.

Edited by Loputousu

Of course.

Either you want hardness, or you use savestates. So... yeah.

What a meanie.

We are not talking about me, though if it's in my case...BOTH.

Games nowadays have become easier in order to appeal the casual players, you can't deny this. FE7, FE8, FE9, FE10, FE11, they can't compare to the difficulty of Thracia (which doesn't even have a hard mode insofar as I am able to see). Even when you play on hard mode, it's just not as difficult as Thracia (this could merely be my personal opinion). Perhaps it can stay as hard as it is if it is remade (as a mode), but it's definitely going to be easier, in normal mode, and so on.

The older FE players are no longer a big part of the players. The older players get replaced with the newer players, and it's been a while since Thracia got released.

I'm sure that Thracia will be nerfed, not only for Americans, but also, the Japanese.

Well, if you are talking to make several modes, then I guess that was fine.

BTW, when I said Older FEs' players what I meant is the players who played older FEs (Monshou, Seisen, Thracia). ^^

Anyway, from what I heard Japanese version of FE9 in maniac mode has almost the same (if not more?) difficulty with Thracia. But of course, that was in Japanese only.

I haven't play FE10, but some people screamed "EVIL" on it's hard mode. Some even said that it's as hard as Thracia. Is this true?

Some Japanese players got nerved on how easy FE8 was. And they love FE9's maniac mode.

Edited by Tiltyu

Well, if you are talking to make several modes, then I guess that was fine.

BTW, when I said Older FEs' players what I meant is the players who played older FEs (Monshou, Seisen, Thracia). ^^

Anyway, from what I heard Japanese version of FE9 in maniac mode has almost the same (if not more?) difficulty with Thracia. But of course, that was in Japanese only.

I haven't play FE10, but some people screamed "EVIL" on it's hard mode. Some even said that it's as hard as Thracia. Is this true?

Some Japanese players got nerved on how easy FE8 was. And they love FE9's maniac mode.

The Older FE's players are pretty rare now. Easy to find on the internet, but they are a small part of the fans, believe it or not. Also, FE3 and FE4 aren't hard. FE5 is much harder than them, so you should only count that.

You're just talking about the Japanese players, which is unfair, since American players are a huge part of the players. The Japanese can get the games as hard as they want, that's fine, but never forget about the Americans.

Edited by Loputousu

The Older FE's players are pretty rare now. Easy to find on the internet, but they are a small part of the fans, believe it or not. Also, FE3 and FE4 aren't hard. FE5 is much harder than them, so you should only count that.

You're just talking about the Japanese players, which is unfair, since American players are a huge part of the players. The Japanese can get the games as hard as they want, that's fine, but never forget about the Americans.

FE4? Hard? LOL.

I never said that. XD

What I meant is, most player who played Thracia, like it's difficulty just fine the way it's now. That's why I don't see the point why it should be lowered. But if Nintendo is going to make several modes and keep the original difficulty as the hard mode, I think that was fine. (God forbid if Nintendo is going to raise the difficulty as Maniac mode.)

I'm talking about the Original game's (the Japanese version's) responses, and most players answered positively on Hard/Maniac mode. But we all know that those hardness will be toned down in America. Just like what happened to FE7 or FE9's maniac mode (which was completely erased and being replaced by Easy mode). =/

I'm hoping the game's hardness won't be toned down, but we all know that NOA or NOE won't do that, ever.

FE4? Hard? LOL.

I never said that. XD

I know. But you said:

And then you said:

This is about difficulty. Therefore, we can subtract Monshou and Seisen from that. You get Thracia.

Now, how many people do you think have played Thracia before? Outside of Japan? Little. Many, many people aren't used to that difficulty. There is a reason why the new games have modes.

What I meant is, most player who played Thracia, like it's difficulty just fine the way it's now. That's why I don't see the point why it should be lowered. But if Nintendo is going to make several modes and keep the original difficulty as the hard mode, I think that was fine. (God forbid if Nintendo is going to raise the difficulty as Maniac mode.)

It will be lowered if a remake is made, but modes should definitely be made.

I'm talking about the Original game's (the Japanese version's) responses, and most players answered positively on Hard/Maniac mode. But we all know that those hardness will be toned down in America. Just like what happened to FE7 or FE9's maniac mode (which was completely erased and being replaced by Easy mode). =/

You just proved my point. You said that the hardness will be toned down in America, which I was trying to tell you about. So yeah, it will get nerfed.

I don't have much to argue on Thracia's hardness as I always rng abuse, but...

In term of challenge and difficulty, then yes.

But in term of storyline, FE5 is just a minority part of more awesome plot that is FE4. ;)

Though 5 is really just a part of 4's story, I think 5 has much better storytelling, which counts for me. With a tiny piece of the plot of 4 they create a good and entertaining story, which draws in common people as well as royals. This I think is more in line with 9 and 10.

Though 5 is really just a part of 4's story, I think 5 has much better storytelling, which counts for me. With a tiny piece of the plot of 4 they create a good and entertaining story,

5 has a pretty small story to tell, and they did it well..

However, 4's story is gigantic. It is very difficult to tell a story of such win and awesomeness.

Now, how many people do you think have played Thracia before? Outside of Japan? Little. Many, many people aren't used to that difficulty. There is a reason why the new games have modes.

Yes, I know this. I'm just saying that the original difficulty should stay as the hard mode. =3

You just proved my point. You said that the hardness will be toned down in America, which I was trying to tell you about. So yeah, it will get nerfed.

All of these post, I'm just hoping that the difficulty will stay at least in the Japanese version. I would be even better if it also stays in the America version, but it was a common sense that America like their games easy. :(

However, 4's story is gigantic. It is very difficult to tell a story of such win and awesomeness.

This. Thracia only has a small plot, that's why it was easier to expand.

Edited by Tiltyu

This. Thracia only has a small plot, that's why it was easier to expand.

Yeah (to both of you). But making 5 an elobration of a part of 4 was a choice, much like they could have chosen to continue from the end of 4 instead. I care just as much about how the story is told as I care about what happens. Like you said, the many events of 4 can't be told like 5 is, but they weren't forced to go with any specific story..

I'm not really going against any of your points, just elaborating my view.

But making 5 an elobration of a part of 4 was a choice, much like they could have chosen to continue from the end of 4 instead.

What was left to be told? Loptous is dead already.

I care just as much about how the story is told as I care about what happens. Like you said, the many events of 4 can't be told like 5 is, but they weren't forced to go with any specific story..

Agree, Thracia has a good story telling. I would love to see Seisen's story told in the same way, but alas...that would take WAY too long.

If before chapter 6 ~ 8 of Seisen = 25 chapters of Thracia (not counting the gaiden chapters), imagine how FREAKING long the whole Seisen can be. O_O

Loputousu is not dead. He told Celice that as long as greed exists in people's hearts, he would return.

So yeah, a sequel could be made, but I prefer a remake.

Edited by Julius

Agree, Thracia has a good story telling. I would love to see Seisen's story told in the same way, but alas...that would take WAY too long.

If before chapter 6 ~ 8 of Seisen = 25 chapters of Thracia (not counting the gaiden chapters), imagine how FREAKING long the whole Seisen can be. O_O

:lol: Thinking now, if it was doable, I would have freakin loved the game to be that freakin long (as long as fe4 the way we know it still exists). But that'll never happen : (

hm... First gen maybe 90 chapters? : D

Loputousu is not dead. He told Celice that as long as greed exists in people's hearts, he would return.

So yeah, a sequel could be made, but I prefer a remake.

And didn't they pretty much finish off all the bad guys in FE1, too?

Yes, but basically there is no Lopto blood for now.

I don't think he would be resurrected anytime soon.

:lol: Thinking now, if it was doable, I would have freakin loved the game to be that freakin long (as long as fe4 the way we know it still exists). But that'll never happen : (

XD

I share the sentiment, it could take a whole year for me to finish and I wouldn't care. 8D

Though I can be pretty sure if this happen, there won't be any new FE for at least 3 years. XD

hm... First gen maybe 90 chapters? : D

Let see...if 4 (actually it's supposed to be 3.5) chapters of Seisen = 25 chapter of Thracia...

Then 1st Gen, would be around 37 chapters or so.

2nd Gen will be also 37 chapters.

Combining those two, and add some gaidens...

At the very least it would be 80 Chapters. 8D

What was left to be told? Loptous is dead already.

Third Generation Project. I'M ONLY KIDDING, FIA!! :o

=D Hey, our Dark Prince thinks so too!

Oh my. I would fall in love with IS and never question them again.

Yes, but basically there is no Lopto blood for now.

I don't think he would be resurrected anytime soon.

XD

Cyas.

I share the sentiment, it could take a whole year for me to finish and I wouldn't care. 8D

Though I can be pretty sure if this happen, there won't be any new FE for at least 3 years. XD

Let see...if 4 (actually it's supposed to be 3.5) chapters of Seisen = 25 chapter of Thracia...

Then 1st Gen, would be around 37 chapters or so.

2nd Gen will be also 37 chapters.

Combining those two, and add some gaidens...

At the very least it would be 80 Chapters. 8D

Bump the chapters up to 100; I'm sure they'll find all sorts of chapters dedicated to certain royals. Hell, most of the cast from the first generation could be a Lord.

If it does happen, I will die happily.