Remakes

Chalis

Which of the following would you love to see a remake of?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. See above.

• Gaiden
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Mystery of the Emblem, Book II
    • All of the above
    • No more remakes... Please, no more...
  2. 2. Why?

• Class
    • Plot
    • Development
    • Fun
    • Hard
    • Popularity
    • Been there, done that
    • Other
  3. 3. What would make you change your mind?

• Lol, Marth.
    • Lol, Shadow Dragon.
    • Intelligent Systems NOT taking the hint that we want more character development
    • The EXACT same game with better graphics.
    • Nothing, because I'm happy with whatever I get!
    • Other

I suppose it would be, but Nintendo didn't like Stop'n'Swap then, and likely wouldn't now. One could argue the DSi route of having the SD card, but really, the DSi isn't getting anything really special other than gimmicks :E

Wait a second. I know that the Wii can transfer data to the DS; is the reverse true as well?

Then again... a Monshou no Nazo remake on the Wii seems like a silly idea.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, both the Wii and the DS can exchange communication. However, I'm not quite sure how a Wii remake could realize the save data of the DS game without having this feature already planned, and as such, coded within the DS game... I mean, I guess the Wii could detect the game somehow through a brute-force connection, but the Wii's side would have to know the location of the save data, as well as the title ID--not that that'd be hard, but it's not really conventional, I guess. I know the DS can detect GBA games without having any code, but that's a tad different, as the system reads both Slots. I'm not sure if the Wii would be able to detect a game ID in the DS without launchable code (DSi could alleviate this issue... but meh on that).

• 2 months later...
I don't want anymore remakes. Though if they have to be remade, only updated graphics and that's it.

Yeah, and it's a real bother that we might not see an all new FE story as well as new characters in a few years.

Thracia 776, for the sake of availability. The game costs an arm and a leg to buy.

If they did that? They would have to remake the entire 4th game, too.

And, FE6 is just too new to deserve a remake. Sure, FE7 bounded it significantly with revamping the weapon stats, adding classes, etc., but it's still a new enough game that it doesn't need one, IMO.

It doesn't. NOA should just localise the game now. It would feel odd if it isn't made GBA style.

Obviously, the hardness will be decreased.

I think there were like 100 characters in Radiant Dawn..

Yeah, it's pretty insane, but it could work out somehow.

But you see, one of the main reasons why Thracia is so appealing was because it's difficulty. -_-

Combining these two will be dead for the players.

Though for me it would be a satisfying death.

Do you seriously think that it won't get nerfed for American players?

Look at the newer games, like FE10, FE11. Not as difficult as FE5. I don't consider FE11 H5 to be hard anyway.

It would be neat though.

Unless that they can set it in difficulty levels, NOA & NOE may consider localising it.

------

The only remakes that I would consider are Gaiden and Book II. Gaiden never had a remake, Book II should get one for the continued story of the DS remake FE1.

FE4, I don't really mind the graphics at all, iti s hard and fun, I just wished they'd adjust the growth rates and the RNG.

Wait. What? Hard? FE4? Are you playing subs playthrough?

Ack, why ain't there an FE6 remake listed in the poll? D:

...because we're in the NES and SNES Era board?

As for me I'd be happy with a remake of FE 4, since it is extremely biaised for and against some classes and types of weapons.

FE 5 would be quite nice, too.

Edited by Captain Falcon

If they remake FE4, I hope they at least try to rebalance Part 1. The game itself is fine, just I can't stand how much better others are. What the hell is the point of Arden aside from the damned ring?

I'd say FE3 though. It was fun as it is, a revamp would be nice if one is considered. Besides, we just got FE 1 remake...

If they remake FE4, I hope they at least try to rebalance Part 1.

What? The broken part is 2, not 1.

The game itself is fine, just I can't stand how much better others are.

lol

What the hell is the point of Arden aside from the damned ring?

Pretty much all FEs have some weak characters. It isn't like Seisen was the only one that did it, it's more like PoR was the only one that didn't.

FE4. My actual reason is so that I could play the entire game with complete and officially translated scripts which is sort of for the plot. So I chose Plot. I'm also happy with whatever I get as long as they don't make it Japan-only.

What? The broken part is 2, not 1.

lol

Pretty much all FEs have some weak characters. It isn't like Seisen was the only one that did it, it's more like PoR was the only one that didn't.

I meant to say how much better some UNITS are...brain glitch x.x All had some weak units yeah, but FE4 had a LOT of them in comparison to the stronger ones.

Reason I said part 1? Because part 2 is unsavable in balance account. It's either overpowered children or weak-ass replacements. Nevermind Aries, Celice, Oifaye and Shannan, you get two wrath mages, one dude with holsety and wtfhax skills and stats, and a dude witht eh Ichival. Only way to make it more balanced is for the enemies to suck less.

Edited by Grandjackal

I meant to say how much better some UNITS are...brain glitch x.x All had some weak units yeah, but FE4 had a LOT of them in comparison to the stronger ones.

Not really. While it's true that Holy Weapon users are on an entirely different level and the caps system means some classes are just plain better than others, FE4 doesn't feature an unusually high amount of crappy units - you just notice their existance more because you can use them all.

Reason I said part 1? Because part 2 is unsavable in balance account. It's either overpowered children or weak-ass replacements. Nevermind Aries, Celice, Oifaye and Shannan, you get two wrath mages, one dude with holsety and wtfhax skills and stats, and a dude witht eh Ichival.

lol

Only way to make it more balanced is for the enemies to suck less.

Which, you know, is a way of doing it. Apart from a couple bosses, FE4 enemies have no personal skills, after all.

Edited by TheEnd

Not really. While it's true that Holy Weapon users are on an entirely different level and the caps system means some classes are just plain better than others, FE4 doesn't feature an unusually high amount of crappy units - you just notice their existance more because you can use them all.

lol

Which, you know, is a way of doing it. Apart from a couple bosses, FE4 enemies have no personal skills, after all.

....Perhaps....*wants reasons to hate FE4*

That would make it more exciting really what you said though. Why is it that there's like...only 3 bosses in the whole game with real skills and only like 1 of them is to be feared? It's crazy...Hell, even most endgame bosses are nothing special. The master knight with the legendary axe? Give that fucker big shield.

....Perhaps....*wants reasons to hate FE4*

That would make it more exciting really what you said though. Why is it that there's like...only 3 bosses in the whole game with real skills and only like 1 of them is to be feared? It's crazy...Hell, even most endgame bosses are nothing special. The master knight with the legendary axe? Give that fucker big shield.

In all fairness, all axes that aren't the hero axe are pretty lol. Including the legendary axe.

*Gasp up hearing you guys wanting another remake

Ok I'l stay clear, I like shadow dragon or monshou, It's not that I had a bad experience with any of the remake so far, But I want my support convo's back, and they are not going to be back before IS make's another game, A NEW game

*Gasp up hearing you guys wanting another remake

Ok I'l stay clear, I like shadow dragon or monshou, It's not that I had a bad experience with any of the remake so far, But I want my support convo's back, and they are not going to be back before IS make's another game, A NEW game

You mean like FE10's? Lol

Besides, as much as WE would like a new game, IS is sitting on a great big pile of money with the games they can remake, considering most of the outside world hasn't played a majority of the series.

He'd be harder to beat with it than without it.

Well, either that or Tryfing/Balmunk/Mistolteen/Lolsety.

But personally, I prefer Hero Sword!Lakche. Seeing Lakche performs her ritual jumping 10 attacks in row is never get old. <3

Well, either that or Tryfing/Balmunk/Mistolteen/Lolsety.

But personally, I prefer Hero Sword!Lakche. Seeing Lakche performs her ritual jumping 10 attacks in row is never get old. <3

You and me both <3 Insta-gimped Julius.

You and me both <3 Insta-gimped Julius.

OH HELL YES. That's also one of the rituals in all of my playthroughs. XD