Faith in the Spirits Arc 1: To Align the Stars

Mercenary on the Winds

"I'll assume you spotted a place you wanted to eat at on the way here Miria. Just don't go too hard and eat through all your winnings." Syndra joked as she caught up to her sword-slinging friend. Yeah, a friend. Miria really is just a friendly soul and easy to be around. Maybe I could tell her more about me, I don't think she'd mind it too much. "Come on, let's get a move on Miria." Syndra said walking out of the arena.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yeah yeah! Let's go!" The girl excitedly called out as she practically began to jump out of her skin in excitement. Some good food, then to cap out the day with shopping. With her friend in tow, Miria began making her trek back where they came to find this noodle shop she was so excited for!

And find it she did! She even got a giggle as she realized the name, Oodles of Noodles. Miria’s stomach was almost literally growling as her smile shone impeccably bright. She was ready.

"Found it~" She said to Syndra, even though she more than likely also noticed. The girl then stepped in, and patiently waited for one of the servers, containing her excitement until she saw some food.

Nyx had to give it some thought. After departing Neto’s bar, she would definitely want to go gather some more info on Escaflowne and the ensuing search, if only to corroborate what they learned from Sarasin a while back. But also, that would mean going into a knight outpost, and given her reputation, that was… well, dumb as fuck, probably.

To that end, Nyx decided instead to try her luck gathering scraps first at the arena, and if nothing else, maybe she could make a bit of money there. She swore she saw a shock of blue mixed with a certain moon, but Nyx decided to ignore that for now - let her come to Nyx when she was ready. Nyx had other things to chase down right now, while she still could.

“Oi,” Nyx called out as soon as she reached the front desk. “M’lookin’ t’try an’ make a lil’ extra coin. Whaddya say, ye cool wit me takin’ a few rounds into the arena?”

"Hmm..." A discount seemed like a no-brainer, although, despite the offer of a better replacement, Üllr still picked comfort use over the biggest value, "I'll get the iron one, that's what I was using before. And the throwing rings. I'll try to learn how they work." He nodded, placing his money on the counter.

Üllr buys the chakram and iron knuckles.

Looking back to Balsa and sixteen again, Üllr couldn't help cracking a faint smile. "We do fight well together. Had to learn last fight. Numbers matter." Finally having paid, he could barely contain his curiosity on the chakram. "Is there a way to test them out?"

"That's cute...?" If it were anyone other than Sari, Alriana was sure that cute is not the word they would use for what he was describing. However, this was Versaris that she was talking about; he was far from the norm himself, if only for the specifically romantic interest he'd taken in her. Did it take someone weird to love someone weird? Or was he a special case? Time would only tell, there was so much she so much she didn't know about the world, let alone relationships. "Churro good. Fried, sweet, cinnamon on top. Want..." Her stomach quietly rumbled talking about them, not helped by the fact their food was yet to arrive.

"Sounds weird. Biting for eating, or killing. How would be affectionate?" She was utterly baffled trying to process how biting someone would ever be considered an affectionate act, but she wagered it was mostly because of her own teeth. Versaris talked about it like it was common knowledge, and he wasn't one to lie, especially if there was no point in doing so. "Mrrhh..." There was that attention again, the kind she didn't know how to process not react to. "Already know almost everything. Need find Grelbiria if want know much more."

Edited by Ursali

Sixteen nodded. "It's really hard to get a sneak attack in on someone when you're fighting a big group, so you have to fight together if you don't wanna be killed! ... how do we make a bigger person, though? Do I stand on Ullr's shoulders?" She was plenty confused by that statement, head tilting and tail wagging. At least Ullr had decided on what he was going to purchase, Sixteen pouting slightly and putting her money away for the moment. "I suppose... I should save it for magic stuff... I'm not great with anything but flux, though. I haven't had the time to practice." She had all the time in the world, now, but everything was so interesting, it was hard to sit down and focus...

"There's plenty I don't know yet, Aly... But we'll get to that later." He smirked, leaning back again, trying to figure out how to word this. "Let's see... Biting someone... It's true that in combat, or even in a duel or fight, biting is something you do to hurt the other person, but... When you're intimate with your partner, you can bite them to make them feel... Ahh, this is a little..." He blushed slightly and shook his head. She'd learn eventually. "Pleasure. It wouldn't work with your teeth; they're too sharp, but... Maybe I'll be able to show you one day." He shrugged. He didn't know how well Aly would take being bitten with how aggressive she was, but it would be worth testing the waters. "It's also nice to leave little marks on your partner. Little... Proofs of affection, I suppose I would call them. Heh. Again, one day. This is all things you definitely don't do on a first date..."

He really wanted to, though. He caught himself glancing at her neck and had to force his eyes away, face still slightly red. Hahhhh... Calm yourself, Versaris. Calm... This is a test to see if you can enjoy spending time together. From both sides... You do something too forward and she'll snap at you. She doesn't understand all of this yet. Calm. Sari let out a quiet sigh. "Also," he said quickly, "your churro idea sounds delicious. Maybe there's a food stand in town that has it or something similar."

Tio internally breathed a sigh of relief as the situation defused, and it seemed like they had come to an accord. It was a really good thing that they were going to have time to themselves after this. Given who they were talking with, she could focus for the moment. Or perhaps not, as right before she found her way to a seat, Renais was suddenly embraced by Aegean. Had she missed something between the boat, and now? Tio blinked, before returning her focus onto Mikoto; Aegean's timing was rather stellar as she could leave the cleric to her. "A secret for a secret it is, then." Her admission that her being able to tell Lufirians apart from humans was from experience rather than her use of Voima was intriguing but asking more about it would almost definitely cost her. The secret was already a little too much in her eyes, but at the same time; the sword didn't overly involve them, and given how many secrets were involved in this fiasco, any of them could slip her mind. 

Tio found herself a place as the table, still a little flustered from Renais's impromptu embrace. "I suppose that I should start, no? It's only fair after ou-- my, rudeness." Tio quickly scanned the area making sure that there was no one worrying within earshot of them, and then did the same with her magic. Her curiosity satisfied, she took a breath. "This whole fiasco is over the Escaflowne. Galari's sacred blade, which was stolen from Axios by a currently unidentified group. Given how special the blade is to Hecatia--One of the few things remaining from the Earthen Mother, required for specific ceremonies, and so on--you can imagine that Artorius is willing to do whatever he has to secure the blade back. That's all the information we know about this for sure." The fact that a Lufirian Princess could be involved was still unverified; no one had managed to confirm the thief's identity. 

Balsa smiled as Ullr made his decisions quickly, and almost immediately asked for a place in which he could test the weapons. "The chakrams you'll have to do on your own, but the arena would allow you to test those gauntlets out of yours. Break em in, so to speak. Could ask one of your mates to help you test em; the outskirts of town is a usual favorite for people just wanting to go at it. Some stuff out there that might allow you to test out your chakrams there, but there's the possibility that you've got any number of characters out there this time of day. Knights, mercs, even some of the more unsavory; should be careful if you decide to head out there." 

Ullr buys both the Chakrams and the Iron Gauntlets for 1200 Gold! 

"Pleasure doing business with a guy who gets it. Need anything else, or got friends who you know need some weapons, send em this way, and we'll see what we can do." He turned to look at Sixteen, "And you, little one. Be careful out here. Don't want to give some people the wrong idea; Cerezia's better than most, but we're in Hecatia, and right next to Islexia. Be on your best behavior. I've got builds to oversee, so Armin, handle things out here." 

Armin nodded, "Gotcha, Balsa." 

Almost as Aly's stomach grumbled, a server arrived with their food, although, the server was different being a human woman instead of the elf man from before. She looked around confused for a bit before stopping at Versaris and Alriana's table, "Apologies about the wait. Here's both y'all's food." She placed all of it on the table, clearly not knowing where everything was supposed to go. "Had couple mixups, and everything, but it should all be here. Just holler if you need anything else." The woman then looked at Alriana and blinked for a moment. She paused, and then pointed at Alriana with an inquizzical look, "Aha... I got it now. Well, either way... if you need anything else, just ask." The woman neatly bowed before returning inside. 

As Miria and Syndra walked in an elderly woman looked up, and then rolled her eyes as the girl in the lead was waiting as if someone was going to come to her. "Welcome. What do ya want? Menu's up there." She pointed above her. The disheveled and clearly disinterested woman just stared at the pair waiting for some sort of initiative. 

Luia blinked as the silver haired woman swept through the arena without much difficulty, aside from Deci, who she was sure had taken the poor woman down, only for her to return the favor, brush aside Luia, and beat Zeit as if he wasn't Kliver's brother. When she walked out, and was met by her boyfriend, Luia had to do whatever she could to not simmer. How was it that today, of all days, was the day that they got actually competent humans around? "Here's your gold... all, 4200 of it..." Her hand was fidgeting, as was her smile. "That's some impressive blade work. D-do stop by again in the future; we'll have something more prepared for someone of your... caliber." 

Fortunately, her day was saved by a cat clouded and... another human. Surely things will be just fine, here, right? Then another followed. Luia bit her tongue as being addressed so casually by a human, but she relaxed. "You're in the right place. Just gotta wait your turn, lady." She pointed at Laniva and Syta, "These two have first dibs, so slow down for a moment." 

Edited by Mercenary on the Winds

Renais had finally settled down, the situation was under control... and then Gean appeared to pull Renais into a hug. "!!!" She gasped out in shock and looked up to the taller woman. "Gean, you found me..." She returned the hug. "I'm fine, you don't have to worry. Mikoto didn't hurt me." She slowly pulled back. "It was an enlightening talk in fact."

Mikoto grinned widely as Aegean ran into Renais with a full sprint into a tight hug, her tails wagging happily behind her. "Of course I didn't hurt you... Someone as beautiful as you, ah, what kind of barbarian would I have to be to even attempt to harm a single hair on your pretty head..." She smiled and tilted her head a moment, completely ignoring Tio for the moment until she was done having fun with their little cleric. "Well that's quite the mess. I suppose I'll have to go into Islexia and see what's going on, personally... I was going to avoid the place, but that's quite, the, news~" She chirped the words out gleefully, happy to have a new destination in mind. "I do wonder if I could catch a glimpse of that sword... I've heard plenty about it, but I've never managed to see it... Such a fascinating piece of equipment~ The merchant in me is all worked up~!"

Mikoto continued to giggle before sitting up properly and gently placing her hand against her chest. "A secret for a secret, then... Not that I'm going to tell you how this works. I'll die with this secret, I'm afraid~ But I can show you... And tell you what it's about, at the least." The same, whirlpool like grey swirl of energy began to be pulled out of Mikoto, though her was much larger than any of the Tigers' had been, and more chaotic, like a whirlpool in the middle of a raging ocean. Despite the sea-like appearance of the swirl, it made no noise, nor did it crackle of radiate magic. "This... Is Voima~ One's life energy. It is not so exact that I can tell you the date that you will die, but it will give you, approximately... how many years you have left to live in this realm~ I've got about... Mmm... Four hundred and eighty four, left in me? My, it's already been three and a half centuries, and I still have that long to go... Not that I think I'll need it all. Hmhm..."

She pulled away a single 'drop' of the 'liquid' that made up this demonstration, holding it, floating, right above her finger tip. "This little bead of it is about one year's worth. It's what I took from several of the Tigers... And what do I use it for?" Her other hand raised itself, a crackling ball of dark magic floating within it, before she snuffed it with the grasp of her hand. "Power~! Of course... I was quite the unfortunate little runt when I was born... Most of my race are born with three, four, even more tails. Gifted with magic from birth... I, was born, with one. I couldn't conjure the most measly of spells... I only came across this subject by complete chance, but I've made it my own and intend to keep it that way~" She smiled and let the raging pool of energy fade and dissipate back into herself, leaning onto the table, her head in her hands, eyes darting between everyone. "Satisfied?"

"Yeah, kinda," Alvira said, finally joining the conversation. She gave Tio and Elisa a wave, glancing at Gean and Renais and shrugging towards them. "Gean caught me reading and said you'd taken Renais... But I can see my thoughts were quite founded. Didn't think you'd piss off two of the strongest women in the world by hurting her, let alone ruining your good graces with new customers." Alvira smirked. "As for your explanation... You didn't mention the power before, but... I can see how that would come across with new buyers, and... I guess I can understand the want to be strong. What about you, Tio? Elisa? Think the fox is a problem?" The magic she'd held as an example, that dark magic, it was leaps and bounds above Alvira's own, but it wasn't as strong as the Evokers, even if it was intense. If they could walk around without issue, surely the fox wasn't a problem?

"Be careful?" She tilted her head up at Balsa, pupils shrinking to slits for a moment, before she nodded. "Mm, don't worry. I always run away from aggressive folks if I don't thinK I can kill them. Especially now that I have friends, I'd hate to make them sad by getting myself taken out, so I'll make sure to properly size up anyone that wants to hurt me. You don't have to worry!" She'd had plenty of years of practice keeping herself safe and making judgment calls. Now would be no different.

Edited by Mel the DM

As soon as Mikoto began speaking, Tio reached into her bag, and pulled out a pen and began writing important things down in a small notebook that seemed to manifest out of nowhere. Only Elisa would know where that particular book was kept normally. The name Voima, and what it was both quickly written down, before Tio turned her eyes back to the tempest of energy in front of her. Tio had her thoughts, but they were quickly confirmed by the fox pulling a piece of the tempest away; a representation of the energy she'd taken from each Tiger. The calm appearance of the small drop paled in comparison to the twisting core of energy. 

Yet, there was something even more pressing about the swirl of energy. This Voima was an even more base form of mana, which was a base form of magic. Mana itself was tough to grasp, and understand; in a world saturated with mana, it was as ubiquitous to them as air and water, but far less understood due to the stigma that the Holy Lufirian empire gave the art. Voima was entirely foreign to her, and yet... she'd felt something like this before.

Tio was so lost in her thoughts that she'd completely missed Mikoto finishing up, and Alvira's questions. She'd felt the feeling of this base level of magic, the very core of living, one's lifeforce before. It was different, stronger, here because Mikoto wasn't hiding the energy, but the undercurrent was much too similar to be ignored. Tio dragged herself from her thoughts, slowly turning to Elisa. "Elisa... this... feeling. I've felt it before. It's, it's not exact--this appears to have the energies of many people mixed in--but, but, on the boat. That man, Chris? It was strongly attuned to light, but the energy... it was similar, frighteningly so."

Tio blinked as she realized that both Mikoto and Alvira were looking at her. "Oh. Hi, Alvira. I, uh, didn't quite hear you walk up." She cleared her throat which sounded more like nervous laughter, "I-in any case, the desire for power... it's one that I think all mages share, in their own way." Tio's voice then fell almost the point of silence, "I would know." Tio then sighed, and looked at Mikoto, "At this point, you are simply a mage, just a little unlike any I've seen. I... can't say I'm fond of the methodology, but as long as you're not harming people with this... I don't see a reason of being too wary."

There was a strange sort of kinship that Tio felt with Mikoto, and admittedly, it worried her. All mages strove to improve their magic without exception. What separated them was what drove them. It hadn't been so long ago that Tio's reason was one that traveled on a lonely, dark path. She lowered her head to Mikoto, "Sorry again for being hostile." 

Edited by Mercenary on the Winds

Gean's breath was caught until Renais spoke, reassuring her. She didn't want to break the hug, but there seemed to be an important conversation about to take place. Mikoto's teasing and smile still gnawed at Gean, and made her feel silly and out of place.

Gean tried to keep focused on the talk about Voima, but her already tangled up emotions were too frayed by today to give her full attention to the discussion between Evokers and Merchant. Just another entry in her log of things that she failed to control or expect from this mission, hopefully this one didn't haunt her dreams. Cin was right. I probably should talk to Tasha about this...

The Guard Cub

Spoiler

It had been some time since Miria had brought Gean into the guest room and set her up to get some rest. The poor girl had a lot happen. Miria didn’t have the best comprehension of everything that was going on with her sister, but all she really knew was that she cared, and was going to do her best to at least ease Gean’s worries and issues as much as possible.

As such, when she laid down Gean, she got a chair and sat in the room, facing the door. Even with her book in hand, Miria was quick on her feet, and if any disturbance occurred, Miria’s the first thing said disturbance would have to get through. But, it seemed things were going to be fine. At least for now.

The little guard just maintained her position in her seat, reading her book, not wanting to bother Gean as she slept. As of right now, it was the most the Golden Cub could do for the girl who made her an honorary little sister, the girl that got Miria to open back up. She looked over to the sleeping mermaid, and gave a small smile, before returning to her reading.

Things had finally settled down for the moment, the situation with Renais had been resolved, and Gean was left to rest, though under someone’s self imposed surveillance. Miria had firmly planted herself by the bedside, watching to make sure everything was alright. Gean knew that protesting would be a futile effort, so she chose to close her eyes. Her breathing slowed as sleep finally took her…

“You left us.”

Gean was falling. Everything was dark around her and  she reached out for something, anything to grab onto as she fell further and further into the abyss. The freefall continued as she heard a voice ring out in the darkness, striking her like an arrow through the heart.

“You ran away when we needed you.”

There was a loud splash, Gean could feel herself being submerged. Without a second thought her body began to swim, her natural instincts kicking in like they had countless times before, but try as she might she was getting nowhere. Now more and more voices chimed in, echoing the same sentiments.

“You betrayed us.”
“We trusted you.”
“Why Gean?”
“Why?”

“Why?”

Gean flailed hopelessly as the Clouded girl sank deeper into the water, her chest felt tight, panic was setting in.

”Why?”

Gean’s eyes shot open as she breathed heavily, she was still in Sarasin’s manor, still in the room with the piano, still with Miria. She clutched her forehead as she slowly regained her composure. It was just a dream. Just as dream…

Miria jumped when she heard Gean suddenly begin breathing heavily. She dropped her book, but tried to catch it with her feet, to make sure it at least didn’t slam on the floor. It didn’t, thankfully. It would not be wise to scare the girls in bed.

Once the book was finally set down, Miria made her way over to Gean and Renais, Renais also still here after the weird piano situation. The girl quickly went to ruffling the mermaid’s hair, trying to get the girl to relax. Whatever had happened, well, she was stuck with her Cub now. “Easy, Gean… Just breathe okay. Do you need some water, or anything?”

Gean suddenly had a hand on her hair. Miria had come to her side, and was already trying to see what she could do for Gean. Gean looked and noticed that she managed to avoid waking her bedside partner. Her breathing slowly returned to normal. "Um yeah, some water would be nice right about now. Thanks cub."

"Water! Yes ma'am," she gave a salute and off she went to her bag of goodies. She pulled out her waterskin, and shook it some. "Perfect."

She made her way back over to Gean, carefully reaching over the waterskin to her big sister. "Take as much as you need, I haven’t used it today."

Gean took the water skin and began to drink slowly, her hands a little shaky. Once she was done, she handed the water skin back to Miria. “Thank you” was what came out of Gean’s mouth, but she did not make eye contact, her eyes looking weary and lacking their  usual luster. Her brain was still trying to process what just happened, her ears still ringing with the voices she heard in her nightmare, voices she knew very well. Voices she could tell she wasn’t ready to confront. From the moment Versaris confronted her when they first set out, Gean had been trying to steel herself for the encounters she had coming, but she still was at a lost on what to do, and now it was affecting her even moreso.

Miria took the pack, and thought before she sat down. She could easily see it, in Gean’s hands and her face. What happened at breakfast was weighing on her greatly. And on the side was Miria, the cub, with no real solution. She could barely think her way out of a bag, can’t do magic correctly, what was her thing she could do for Gean…?

If only the sleeping Renais wasn’t in the way, or she’d just hug the girl and call it a day. The most she could do was really give her big sister some head scratches and pats again. “Gean, I… I don’t really know what to say or do, but… You know I’m here for you, right? You have a lot going on and, well, I don’t really get a lot of it, but I’ll be here with you. And so will Renais. If that’s alright?”

Gean put her hands between her legs to see if that would stop the shaking. It was working, but she still was feeling not herself. Then Miria spoke up, reminding her she wasn't alone. With a bit of effort, she gave her 'sister' a half smile. "Thanks cub, sometimes I feel like you're too good for me, you ball of sunshine."

“Well, I think you’re just fine~” She responded to Gean’s comment. Maybe leaving Lufiria made Gean think she was terrible, but… from Miria’s understanding, that both wasn’t really her fault, and she was still a kid. Of course, the golden cub wasn’t going to bring that part up, she didn’t know enough about it, and wasn’t at all brave or smart enough to pry.

Miria thought, and that’s when she brought it up, “Hey Gean? Since, well, your big secret got spoiled today, would you like to hear one of mine? It’s not as huge, but… at least we can know some secrets together?” She tried to keep a smile, but what she planned to tell Gean was still sour in her mind. That day… Why she left home, Gean could know that, Miria knew she could know that.

Gean could tell Miria was trying her hardest to try and cheer the mermaid up, and she appreciated that. Then Miria gave Gean a proposal, one that from the struggling smile on the smaller girl's face wasn't easy. "Miria, you don't have to tell me something about your past just because mine is coming back to face me. I'm willing to listen, but only tell me because you want to tell me, not out of any obligation." Gean had been learning a lot about her fellow Tigers recently, and she'd be willing to know more, but Miria forcing herself to speak didn't sit right with her.

“N-No, it’s fine, promise. It’s something I wanted to tell you anyway, just… I guess now worked better than normal in my head,” My silly, dumb head… “Just, I don’t want to try and act like mine is worse or anything, just… I wanna say, I get it, and I’m here for you. Okay?” She took a deep breath, and brought up the chair, sitting back down. She looked down at the sleeping Renais, she can learn later, she supposed.

“So, there’s… a bit more to why I left home. When I got my armor, I had a hard time practicing using it. So, in order to do so, I did a lot of… well, killing bandits around Morano. They weren’t always a problem, but when they wanted stuff, they took it. So, I made a name as the Lunar Gold, trying to keep my identity a secret. But… someone decided to dig deep. Someone hired an assassin, who tracked me to my home. Who attacked mama and papa… I beat him, he’s dead, but, I put my parents at risk. I couldn’t stay home if people found out who I was. If like, Sari for instance, was who got hired to kill me, I would be dead, and so would mama and papa. So… I left. Until I was strong enough to protect them.” She started to ball up in her chair. “That’s it. Just… I don’t know much about your situation, but it felt like mine, and… that’s why we’re sisters. To keep each other safe and perked up, right?” She did her best to keep a smile on, even if the weight of her story still lingered on her.

Gean listened as Miria shared her story as she promised she would. She took in everything the girl poured out. After a brief moment of silence, Gean opened her mouth to speak. “Miria, when my parents decided to flee Lufiria, I was nine years old. I didn’t know what was happening to my family other than the rumor people were spreading around. The only thing I was able to do, the choice I was given, was to run.  I’m sharing that to say this… you are so much stronger than you know, because you made that choice yourself, and you’re working towards that goal so strongly. I… I want to thank you for sharing with me, and that you count me as your sister.” Gean got out of bed and made her way to where Miria was sitting, embracing her ‘sister’ in a hug. "I lost a lot ten years ago, but you and the Tigers have taught me that I gained something just as important to me." and I don’t want to see you guys sad over my dilemmas.

Ten years… Miria couldn't imagine what Gean had to have gone through. Being a noble, probably living nice and cozy, and losing all of it before being even ten years old, if their similar ages reflected that. She didn't have much time to think about it when Gean brought up her strength. Was running really as strong as she said? Miria didn’t know the answer but it felt so genuine from her sister. 

"Well, y-you're welcome? I'm just trying to give back to you after giving so much to m–" Her brain stopped briefly as the mermaid got out of bed, "H-Hey you gotta get back in bed amd get your re–" She stood up to steel her point, but she wasn’t ready for the hug that followed. The warm embrace. Miria returned it so quick, it made her feel… nostalgic. 

She sniffled, but did her best to hold back crying, "Thanks Gean, I-I… I just… Ah, I'm supposed to be taking care of you right now, I c-can't be…" She hid her face in her sister's embrace as she started to quietly cry despite her efforts.

Gean stroked Miria's hair as she began to cry into Gean's arms. "Heh, looks like you got some more growing to do cub, but I appreciate the effort nonetheless." The two of them just remained in that moment the silence of the room speaking more than any words could.

Miria tightened her hug while her hair was stroked. She took some deep breaths to calm herself down, stroking her sister's back. She pulled her head away as she smiled, streaks of tears falling down her face. 

"W-We're sisters~ Supporting each other is what we do~" she spoke trying to keep her mood back up. "Now, hey! Like I said, you need go back to bed and get your rest. Let's go, let's go~" as she broke out of the hug and began to sternly lead Gean back to her bed again.

Checking on a Friend

Spoiler

Cinaed was worried about Gean. He’d given her some space for a couple of days, knowing that there was still some unresolved emotions there, both seemingly content with the final outcome, but still some awkwardness. But he needed to check in on her. And so he found himself outside her tent, hesitating. Finally, he called out, “Uhm, Gean? It’s Cin. I was hoping that you might have some time to talk. I know you’ve had a lot going on lately, so if you don’t want to, that’s fine too. I just. Wanted to check in on you, that’s all.”

Gean was currently in her tent scratching her head as she crossed out over a page in her own personal journal. Aggrh none of these feel right. C’mon brain, you’ve spent the last ten years talking about seeing them again, and now that it’s finally happening you clam u- the mermaid nearly jumped at the sound of Cinead’s voice outside her tent, wanting to chat and see how she was doing. Truthfully, she wasn’t doing well, the nightmare she had at Sarasin’s seemed to return consistently these past two nights, which made sleep something she was starting to avoid. To make matters worse, things were only getting hotter as they got closer to Islexia, and heat plus fatigue were a recipe for destruction, but Gean couldn’t show that. She already spooked the group when she collapsed at Sarasin’s and showing weakness now would only have them on her even more, something they didn’t need right now as things were.

“Gimmie a second big guy!” Gean quickly put the book back in her belongings and took a minute to collect herself before approaching her tent opening. “What’s up Cin. C’mon in.”

Cin waited patiently as Gean moved around the tent before coming to the entrance and letting him inside. Ducking in, he glanced at her, seemingly chipper. “Well... A lot has happened recently. It seems like, well, your past really is catching up to you. And I can’t help but remember our talk that night.” He winced slightly, before quickly clarifying, “Specifically when we talked about you and how you were scared. Scared about this exact thing.” He sighed, sitting down on the ground, trying to phrase this as best he could. “Given how you reacted, how crazy everything has been, I just. I wanted to come see how you were doing. And see if I could help in any way. And, most importantly, remind you that I promised to be by your side. And that hasn’t changed. No matter what we face, I’m with you if you want me.”

Dammit Cin don’t go straight for the jugular. Gean kept as strong of a poker face as possible while she listened in to Cin zeroing in right on her biggest worries, but she said she wouldn’t show it, so it was time to commit to the bit. “Well, for starters I’m doing ok today. I have had a lot on my mind to think about, but if this was enough to take me down I’d be flayed on the end of one of the Crow’s weapons right about now. If you’re gonna help me, let’s continue to do our best on this mission ok?” Gean gave the dragon boy a playful fist on his chest, and a grin. Then something did come to Gean’s mind. “Speaking of, it looks like somebody here has a girlfriend..” Good, topic is off of me…

So she doesn’t want to talk. Seems like that one night is all I’m going to get from her... Cin couldn’t help but laugh quietly at what was perhaps the most obvious attempt to change a topic that he had seen in a while, and held up his hands in mock surrender. “Alright, alright. You don’t want to talk, we don’t need to talk. But uh... I was recently reminded of various reasons why pushing down all these emotions someone might have is a bad idea. And while you don’t have magic to have flaring out of control, it’s not any better for you than it is for me. I’ll be the first to admit I’m still a work in progress. But still, something to think about. So I hope you have someone to talk to about things.” Like Renais maybe... I saw how she looked at her.

“As for girlfriends, uhm, yes. Ha.” He ran a hand through his hair, cheeks feeling a little warm. “I mean, you knew that, really. You’re the one who told me to go get her, after all. It’s something I’m still kind of getting used to, being able to say it, but.” He shrugged, stuffing his hands into his pockets, realizing how awkward this conversation would get if he focused on it too much. “The Tigers are certainly getting bigger though. I can see why the Evokers were worried about supplies and everything. Seems like every time there’s a stop, a new person or two are picked up. Including myself, I suppose.”

“Well Tasha always wanted a big family. Guess she’s just finally getting her wish. Hopefully we’ll be able to adapt and our growth slows enough that we can still maneuver through without becoming a liability.” Cin seemed to pick up that Gean didn’t want to talk about things so mission accomplished, even if he was calling her out on her hypocrisy . At the same time it looked like he wasn’t looking to talk about him and Siorel, guess he wasn’t comfortable about that yet. 

“Ugh, I wish it wasn’t so hot during the day though, I feel like I’m dying every day we set out.” Gean groaned, since he was getting on her case about pushing down emotions, she may as well complain about some other matters. At least the heat was something more manageable than her uncle coming for her.

Cin pulled his knees up against his chest, resting his chin on them as he contemplated Gean. “Mmmm... I hope the Commander is happy, yeah. And I don’t think we were really ever going to be a stealth mission, so hopefully the extra members doesn’t hurt too much, like you said.” He stared at her for a few more seconds before sighing. “Yeah, I suppose the heat is increasing. It’s not something that bothers me too much, but I know it’s hard on a lot of our group.” This is stupid. Why are we talking about the weather? Ugh. He shook his head, giving her one last look before giving a shrug. “I said I wouldn’t push. So I won’t. But... Talk to someone about all of this. The Commander, Renais, whoever. Because you know they’re as worried about you as I am, if not more. And don’t even try and act like it would be a burden, you know people are already worrying about you.”

He sighed, standing up, ducking his head to not hit it on the tent. “I can stay and talk about the weather if you really want to. I’m your friend and I want to be your friend however you want me to be there. But, if you’d rather be on your own right now, that’s fine too.”  He smiled at her, a somewhat sad one. “I don’t want to waste your time, that’s all.”

Things were going well.. and then they weren’t. Cin seemed to circle back to her once again, Oh and now you throw the Tasha card too huh. The last thing she wanted to do was shut him out completely so with a deep sigh Gean relented. “Alright big guy, I’ll talk. Get comfy cause I might get long winded.” This is what he signed up for.

Gean could feel her facade breaking as she began to speak. “Truth is, I haven’t slept well since we beat the knights. Since our time at the manor and the bomb that was dropped on me,  I’ve been having nightmares about what will happen when I do finally meet my family again. What’s more, I’ve been running circles in my head thinking of what to say, but what do you say to the people you betrayed and ran away from ten years ago? Especially when you know they would have been on your side if you had just stayed. Honestly I wanted the small talk earlier just so I could get my brain to stop racing so much its-” Gean was rambling hard at this point, she couldn’t even tell if she was being coherent in her speech.

Cin stopped, surprised that she had changed her mind like that. He sat back down as she started to talk, listening intently. It was some of what he expected, but also some that he didn’t. He did wince a little as she explained why she’d wanted small talk. “Ah, I uh. Guess I kind of stuck my foot in it a little there then, huh? Came to try and help, you tried to do something that would help and here I am.” He reached out, giving her shoulder a small squeeze. “Look, all this stuff happened ten years ago? You were, what, nine? Ten? So you ran because your dad took you with him. What were you supposed to do? Stay behind, to face accusations of everything without your family? No, come on.” He shook his head. “You clearly care about your family. About your friends. That will come across, I believe that. It will take some explaining, sure. But we can find them, we can explain.”

He sighed, leaning back, staring at her. “I can’t pretend to fully understand. I’ve never had to face this sort of thing, and hopefully never will. But... You care about them. Presumably they cared about you too, right? So, you explain. You tell them what happened, why you had to leave, but that you never stopped thinking about them. And hope that they understand.” He paused, trying to think some things through, absentmindedly making a flame pop into the air above his hand, flicking through a few shapes before settling on a heart, then making it disappear. “You loved them. That much is clear. You still do. You wouldn’t be this caught up in everything if you didn’t. So for now, lean on those who care about you. Me, if you want, the Commander, Renais, Nyx, others if not me. And when we run into your family, the Princess, we’ll do what we can to give you long enough to explain.”

Gean started to calm down as Cin held her shoulder. He did have a point, Gean was only nine at the time, but that logic didn’t make her feel any less bad about things. She tried to smile back, but her attempt was weak at best. “Thanks Cin, glad to have you here.” With that out, Gean sat down across from Cin. “Anything else you want to talk about?” She spoke in a lower voice, bringing her knees up to her chest. 

“Of course. I’m your friend, right? So I’m here to help as much as I can.” He smiled, leaning back slightly, tail wrapping around his legs. She seemed to still be somewhat shaken, but if helped at all then the trip was worth it. “Hmm, anything else...” Figure out some small talk. That’s what she wanted before, maybe it can help now. “I gave the embroidery project I was working on to Alvira the other day. She loved it, which made me think maybe I should make some more for others in the group. What do you think? It was easier with her, I made the symbol of her faith. But some of the others might be harder to figure out designs for...”

They seemed to be truly off the subject now, Cin bringing up a project her made as a gift for Vira. “I didn’t know you sewed. That’s what embroidery is right?” Gean wasn’t completely versed on the subject, but it was something new, so she would run with it. “I think for the most part the others would be fairly easy. Miria could be food, I’d say a bear too but that’s just my nickname for her. Syndra would be a blue rose, she makes that out of her ice all the time. Tasha would obviously be a gray tiger, we probably could use a guild emblem. R-” Gean paused, remembering the situation with Renais back at the mansion. Maybe giving her one with music was not a good idea, at least not now. “Sure some like Lani and Sixteen might be a bit harder to pin down, but you can start with the easy ones for now. Sorry if I rambled for a bit there.”

“Yeah, I started learning how to sew with my mom, mostly for repairing clothes at first. Turns out I did a lot of damage to my clothes growing up, heh. It was a combination of growing quickly and being a little rough and tumble. But I moved from there to doing decorative work.” He nodded at her suggestions, all of them making sense. And then she caught herself on a name starting with R. It was obvious what she had tripped over, given everything that had happened at the manse earlier in their trip. He couldn’t deny it either, really. His first thought had been something musical for Renais too, but after the piano incident, it really didn’t make sense. “No, that makes sense. Honestly a bear for Miria could still be cute, even if it’s mostly a nickname you use for her. As for the Commander... Making a guild emblem might be nice.” It would have to be a bigger project. Maybe he could buy a bigger piece of cloth at their next stop. “Mmm, you’ve got some good ideas, thanks.”

"No problem, just pay me back with a little gift of my own. Maybe a bandana for my hair." Gean pondered the new hairstyle. She didn't do much with her hair, maybe it was time to give herself a new look. She already had a new outfit, the idea could be worth it. "I'm sure the others wouldn't mind something simple either. Maybe after all this you open up your own thread service in between missions. A side hustle is always a good thing." The conversation was definitely helping the girl, she was sounding more and more like her usual self.

“Heh, how did you guess what my first project was going to be? I have to look out for my close friend, right? Maybe even my best friend...” He smiled at her, happy that they could just talk about things like this. “Well, simple is all well and good, but I do want to practice the more complex things as well. So we’ll see, but I’ll make something nice for you, I promise.” He leaned back, stretching a little. “Not sure I’ll ever get to the point of selling things, but it’s nice to be able to make things for my friends. It’s a way to show I care, you know?”

Gean had uncurled herself by this point, just chatting and talking. She had returned somewhat to the regular Gean everyone knew, though thanks to earlier it was a little more obvious that she was a little shaken and worn down. "I get it, I'm just saying, probably a good way to build up some funds, we can't expect the Evokers to fill our pockets all the time." There was then a low grumble heard inside the tent. "Ah." Gean looked down at her stomach. "Guess I haven't eaten yet."

“Yeah, maybe.” Whatever else Cin had to say about embroidery was interrupted as Gean’s stomach made it clear that it was done being ignored. “Heh, well, don’t let me hold you back from taking care of yourself any longer. I’ll let you go find some food.” He stood up, slightly stooped over to avoid hitting his head on the top of the tent, and made his way to the exit. As he was about to leave, he paused, before turning back and pulling something out of his pocket. “Ah, right, here.” He tossed the small woven cloth band over to Gean. “I got this during our last battle. I think it’s similar to the one that Marianne gave me.” He gestured to the silvery orange band around his right arm. “I, mmm, don’t want to keep it, not with the way things went in that battle. So I figure, maybe it can help you instead. At least, I hope it can.” He smiled at her and then ducked out, leaving her to her thoughts and empty stomach.

Gean caught the band right before Cin left, he was gone before she could yell out a thanks, but she'd just tell him later. Slipping the band onto her arm, she got ready to grab some food, but stopped when she looked at where she threw her journal. There was a moment of hesitation, but then her stomach spoke once more, and she could no longer deny it. So she left the tent, hoping filling up might make things better.

As Syndra was exiting, another person with a cloak had passed by and into the arena. She thought the person was similar to Nyxied but wasn't sure. Even if it was she wasn't certain what she'd say to her right now. I'll have to speak with Nyxied later, just add it to the list of problems I've created by being here.

Catching up to Miria, Syndra found the noodle shop Miria picked out for them. Oodles of Noodles? How quaint... Miria stood and stared at the menu, and Syndra did the same. The woman who pointed at the menu seemed as if she wanted nothing to do with the two of them. "I suppose I'll have a bowl of noodles." Syndra told the woman, and then looked back at Miria. She seemed oddly excited about the food around the place. "I know wolves that don't get nearly as excited about the prospect of food as you do Miria. Are these noodles really that good?" She said in a voice low enough that she thought only Miria would hear.

Edited by Billy12510

Miria nodded as the woman who seemed to be in charge announced her presence. She stepped up to check the menu. Reading out the menu, Miria wasn't sure what to look for. That's when she decided on, "My apologies miss, but... may I get two of the hottest bowl on your menu, please~?" She asked, doing her best to be respectful.

Leaning over she spoke back to Syndra, "Noodles are the best~ It's like strips of cooked bread with sometimes broth, or sauce, and you can get meat and veggies in it and it's soooo good~"

"I'm not new, I mean. I've dated before. Though, I guess it's just that I'm not used to having someone pursue me, especially not so... Strongly." He frowned, pushing a piece of steak around for a second before scooping it up with some salad and stuffing it in his mouth. A few seconds later, his mouth clear again, he finally admitted, "I guess I'm just waiting for you to realize you made a mistake. Chasing me so quickly..." He sighed, pushing his plate away, food barely touched but his appetite suddenly gone. 

"My family, huh? I mean, there's really not much to tell. My mom and my dad loved me and took care of me... My grandparents on my dad's side never liked that he married a dragon, or that his son looks like me, so we didn't see them much. As for my mom's side, well, up until Liste I thought they were all dead. Now, mmm. With what Sari told me, I'm not so sure, but I'm also not sure I want to meet them with the way he talked about my last name..." He winced as she reminded him of why she couldn't talk about her family and he quickly tried to cover his mistake. "The time I had with my parents though, I'll never forget that. I'll go back home to them some day. I want to show my dad how strong I'll be then, show my mom how I'm finally starting to get to her level of control over my fire... They're lovely people. I'm really lucky to have them."

Tana smiled as she took the bag of gold from the arena lead, tossing it over to Kay with a quick and practiced motion. "There you go, dear brother of mine. Enough to fund our trip and more. I told you not to worry so much, I wouldn't have gambled it if I didn't think I had a good chance." She turned and bowed to Luia, the motion disguising a slight smirk before straightening with a nod. "Your archer is quite good. I imagine they stop most anyone who gets that far. I wish your establishment the best of luck, truly. It makes my heart glad to see a place like this that is clearly open to everyone. I wish I could stay and get to know you better, but I'm about to be dragged out by my little brother here."

Kay had been checking the contents of the bag, largely ignoring Tana, but when the words 'little brother' slipped out, he instantly turned, a muttered curse under his breath. "Oh, stop flirting already or I will need to drag you out." He held up a hand, cutting her protests off immediately. "You and I both know you'll pretend you weren't, but also that you absolutely were, so come. We've got a lot of work to do if we're going to leave on time." He glanced curiously again at the two who had wished them luck and at the cloaked figure who had entered recently, but quickly moved past them. "We have a long road ahead of us. Don't get stuck in one town too quickly unless you want to stay behind?"

"Ahhh, you know just what to say... Fine, fine. I can't leave you to travel unprotected, so I'm right behind you." She turned and in an exaggerated stage whisper to the cat clouded and human girl, added, "Perhaps I'll even manage to remove the giant stick from his rear while I'm back here." She winked at them and nodded towards the arena. "Good luck out there. It's a challenging one." 

"I'm leaving!" Kay stalked off, cloak pulled tightly around his body, cheeks tinged red. Tana giggled and waved goodbye to the girls, following off after her brother.

Laniva nodded appreciatively in response to the well wishes from the other Tigers, giving a bit of an inquisitive head tilt towards the rather cheery woman who had just made quite the run in the arena. "Ah... thanks, I'll do my best. Good luck with... uh, that." 

The first two fights were hardly anything of note, save the fact that they were mages. Annoying as dealing with magic was for her, they were only able to last so long in a one-on-one fight, and soon enough they were knocked to the ground, held at bladepoint just long enough to signify her victory. The third was much the same - dark magic this time, instead of anima; hardly made a difference as far as her not liking it went. These first fights weren't too challenging, and she was able to have enough of a relaxed focus to notice Syta cheering her on, giving a bit of a wave at the end of the fights.

The fourth was a human axefighter, and she found herself smiling somewhat going into the fight. It would be the first in this arena that was a fight, and not chasing around a mage with a sword while they casted away. Just as she'd expected, it did prove to be an honest fight. They exchanged blow for blow, and she found the wind briefly knocked out of her at a heavy impact from the poleaxe, her armor not quite stopping the full force of the blow - then, pivoting hard, half-swording, jabbed hard with the (dulled) point, forcing him down.

Hmm. That felt more... natural. Didn't have to think every bit of it through...

The fifth - the archer - landed a solid shot on her, and as she charged she grumbled internally about the state of her armor from what was ostensibly a practice fight. She delivered a swift counterattack, hoping to prevent any further damage on her armor, and that seemed to do the trick quite well.

The light mage would prove to be Laniva's downfall in the arena, managing to outlast her - the mage was frustratingly quick, and she was simply not suited to deal with a spellcaster in ways other than beating them before they beat her. The spell knocked her out cold, briefly; the healers worked their magic soon enough, and she was on her feet in no time, fast enough to whinge about the amount of mages in this arena to nobody in particular, seeing as the only person who might have been interested in listening was up in the stands.

Oof. Well, my turn to be the spectator, I guess.

The pinkette stared at the gray liquid Mikoto manifested, it really was a curious substance. She didn't recall reading that back at school, but considering even the Evokers didn't know much about it that didn't surprise her. 'Is that really why she's collecting Voima? Power? I suppose it makes sense for mages to want to grow stronger, I feel the same...' Renais' dream was to be useful to her sister, which was why she took up the staff. That goal expanded to the Tigers now, but she found some common ground with the fox, especially considering she was also not physically strong when she was younger. That said, she remembered she had some kind of bad blood with Lufiria. Renais was tempted to bring that up, but Gean being here made it awkward to approach. So she just looked aside with a small blush at the compliment. "You really do have a silvery tongue, Mikoto."

"Hmhm, I promise you this tongue can do a lot more than say pretty words..." She winked at Renais, thinking on what Tio had said. A similar energy elsewhere, on someone named Chris? It can't possibly be the same thing. I took all that documentation, I made it my own, no one else should know about it... This had to be something harnessing the same power, without the same method. But what? It's not something I've heard of...

"Oh!" Alvira slammed a fist into an open claw, the lightbulb in her head going off. "You said that what was wrong with me was similar to Chris too! When we were testing why I couldn't access my fire and the sensation that showed up after--"

Mikoto was out of her chair, suddenly in Alvira's face, all smiles. "Really? Perhaps you could give a demonstration? Something for the rest of the class~? I'm quite curious; I've never felt, met or seen anyone that used any power similar to mine. Surely you wouldn't mind sharing, Alvira..."

The dragon shrunk a little bit, not having expected the fox to be so interested, so suddenly... "I, uh, ahh... Th-That'd be up to Tio and, Elisa. I couldn't make it happen on my own..."

"Is that so... Mmmm. Perhaps another time, then. Your apology is accepted, Tio... But, I fear if I pry too hard into any of the Tigers, this faith you're placing in me... It might disappear quite, quickly~" Mikoto giggled and gave Alvira her space again, lazily sitting back down in the café chair. "Speaking of the merchant in me... Perhaps the two of you would be interested in making a purchase, Tio, Elisa? I've quite the extensive inventory... I'm sure even the two of you would be surprised."

Cin seemed mixed on his family. The worry of what awaited him in Lufiria mixed with the love he clearly held for his mother and father. It was good that his parents cared for him; they sounded like wonderful people. She ended up smiling, leaning onto the table a little bit. "They sound like they'll be super proud of you by the time you get back... I can't wait to meet them~" She wasn't going anywhere fast, not even going to attempt to entertain the fear he claimed to have. "It'll be nice to see what good parents are like. I don't really know how they're supposed to act... So it's something to look forward to. As for... Your last name and the rest of your family. One. If anyone ever comes after you for it, they'll be answering to me. Unless you're an insanely good actor or have some serious amnesia, there's no way you're a bad person. Two..."

She sighed and stabbed her fork into the omelette, staring at him. "It would probably be best for you to meet with them to find out what this is really all about. I don't want you to live with the shadow of that over your head." The fork left the omelette with a chunk of it and found its way into her mouth, her serious stare staying locked on Cin.

"You can do it Lani! You'll do great!" Syta cheered the cat on once more as she went off to do her time in the arena. Syta rushed up to the stands to watch, hearing a groan in her head.

You're really infatuated with this cat girl... I suppose it's nice to finally see you showing interest in someone after all the times you haven't, but... What makes her so special?

You've really got it wrong, Kisara. I just wanna help someone out. She's been friendly, and I don't have anything else to do right now... Talking with her has been fun, so why not keep doing it? There's nothing wrong with being friendly. It doesn't mean I want something more out of this... You're a really pervy old lady some times, you know?

Wha-- I am not old! Damned girl... Hhh... But Kisara didn't fight back beyond that. At some point, the fox had truly discarded the notion of 'friends', those you could spend time with and trust. Syta was the only person she trusted, simply because Syta was so blindly honest in everything.

"Lani! Get get 'em!" Her cheering did what it could, but Lani was taken out by the light mage, Syta rushing down to see her after the healers had taken care of her.

"Lani! Lani, are you okay!? You did great, though! Great job!" Her hands moved to pet those ears, but she caught herself, shrinking back a little. "Guess it's my turn, huh...?"

Edited by Mel the DM

"Mhhrr... Talking about weird things." She gave Versaris a huff as he described things beyond her understanding, falling as close to the edge of what Sixteen had warned her about as he could. "If you bite me I bite back, not care what you say about teeth." In the absence of understanding came stubbornness, as well as minor rebellion. She wasn't oblivious to his staring, tilting her head, and thus exposing more of her neck, to give him her standard quizzical. "There something on neck? Can't see if is. Also good that you think sound tasty. Want find place here for them."

Talking about food nearly had her stomach rumbling again, but before it could make anymore fuss their food was delivered to them, even if it was more evenly split among the two of them than they had actually ordered. The change in server did not escape her notice, and she had a good idea as to why there was a different server, however she was much more focused on her food than attempting to flash her teeth at the retreating figure of the woman. She wasted no time in carving up the steak that had been placed in front of her, with the provided silverware of course, and began to chow down. In-between bites she managed to ask, "How... eat lobster? Said... different than others..."

"Please, don't bite back." Versaris gave her a bit of a pleading smile, hoping she wouldn't ever act on that stubbornness. It wasn't a fight he was interested in having, nor was it one he could win. She tilted her head to the side as she tended to, which made him look away completely, just in time to catch their... New, waitress. He scoffed with a smile at her comments, shaking his head a little and gently sliding the rest of Aly's plates towards her since things had been so confused. "There's... Nothing, on your neck. It's just... nice, that's all. Sorry. I'm... Mm, sorry. The lobster, right. You just crack open the shell and eat what's inside... You're plenty strong so that shouldn't be an issue, but," he idly pointed towards the metal utensil that had been provided with it.

"That's a crab cracker. Works just fine with lobsters as well; you put the shall in between and squeeze down on the long ends, and... Crack~ But, I'm sure you could handle it yourself." He went about cutting his steak much more patiently than his very hungry date.

Gean had finally brought herself down enough to think on the group's crash course on Voima. Seems Mikoto wasn't the only person they had met on this journey with some grasp over this energy. If you had power like this, you definitely are connected to the big folk in Lufiria. Something like this wouldn't go unnoticed. Chris' identity brought more mystery, and Gean was curious as to who the dancer duo truly were, though if their current state of affairs was an omen of what's to come, they'd meet again at some point.

Mikoto's jump at Alvira's mention of her 'predicament' was surprising, but the fox had returned to her usual self.

It seems the rest of the group found her reasons believable. Gean being the sole non magic user present didn't quite understand, but she could see no reason to argue. So Gean remained quiet. Another question formed in the girl's head, so she decided to ask while there was some relevancy to it. "Is this Voima- pardon me for being the only non-mage here, is it what gives you the tails? And if you can take a year from us, does it give you a year in exchange? I know you stated how much you have left, but..."

Edited by Bluemask 96

"Hm. What an interesting question... No one's really cared to ask~" Mikoto mused quietly for a moment, eyes shutting, humming a moment... before her eyes shot open and she stared right at Gean, her big, almost unnerving smile plastered about her face. "I suppose it's not exactly a secret... I'll take knowing you're a Lufirian as well, for my part in our 'trade'. Hmhm... Yes. All of these, except for the middle one," she said, the tails wiggling and wagging in response to her words, "are made from mana... They are connected to me, they are physical, they can be touched and I will feel it, but they are not, organic... Call it aesthetics, if you need a reason~ I'd rather hide my shame, on the rare chance I run into another of my kind." Doubtful that I'd meet one in one piece after everything that happened, but who knows... I can definitely feel someone else in town, but they aren't whole. As I'd expected...

"It gives me the year you gave me. How much that affects me is completely dependant on the quality of the person I take it from, but they do not entirely equate. It's part of why I'm so interested in you Tigers... You're all very young, magical, powerful people~ Your Voima is... Delicious." Her tongue flickered out for the briefest moments to lick her lips. "Willing to share some, Aegean~?"

Well that explains the increase in tails. For an exchange of info, learning something everyone else here already knew was a great deal in Gean's eyes. She didn't falter despite Mikoto's smile seeming to hide something unsettling within it. "Rare but not impossible? Would hate to run into another fox merchant trying to beat the competition." With all the wacky coincidences this group brought with it, meeting more like Mikoto sounded less surprising than Gean felt it should be.

"Sorry but my pockets still feel pretty empty, discount included. Though I do want to try my mettle at the arena, maybe I'll get lucky. Will I be able to find you later?" Gean was telling the truth, her pockets still didn't feel as full as she would have liked for them to be, but she also knew that wasn't the only reason she was turning down Mikoto's offer. The other reason was something she wasn't ready to admit outright though.

"I'll be here all day~" Mikoto chuckled a little bit, thinking about what Gean had said... 'Rare, but not impossible'... "Actually... While I've yet to run into them, there's another Kitsune in town. I'm not exactly thrilled about the idea of hunting them down and saying hello, but... If I manage to meet them, I'll make sure to let you all know. This is definitely a momentous occasion... I haven't seen another of my race in decades, ahahahaha~" She didn't seem bothered by the idea of running into one of her kin, but she didn't exactly seem thrilled. "No matter who or what she is, I promise you won't find a better merchant out there~"

"Arena? Hm. I see..." Üllr wasn't lacking for options if he followed Balsa's advice, and saw the man return to his work with a quick nod, taking the weapons onto his possession. At least gauntlets and the like were fairly easy to carry around. "Thanks, you two."

With his business done, Üllr's attention quickly shifted to his purchases, whether he thought to put in a good word for Balsa would be a matter of his future self's presence of mind. "Want to check magic, Sixteen? I want to see the arena, but we stop there first if you want." He at least had enough presence of mind for Sixteen's interests, though.

"Can we!?" Sixteen lit up, her tail wagging furiously behind her. "That'd be awesome! I've never been able to shop in a human store for magic... I really, really wanna see what they have for sale! Maybe they have another dark tome or something weird and mysterious or... Or... Or stuff to help you cast magic better, or, or special armor for mages, or, or...!" Sixteen rattled off everything her brain could come up with, counting along her claw, finally throwing herself onto Ullr's arm and starting to drag him along. "Come on, Ullr! Let's go, let's go!"