Record Keeper Accidentally Spoiled Me?

So, a weird thing happened. When you're playing on New Game Plus on a route you've already completed, the Record Keeper allows you to revisit battles from further ahead in the campaign, since you've already done those battles in your previous playthrough, which is a really nice feature honestly.
I decided to take advantage of this, and replayed the main mission of Golden Wildfire chapter 14, because I wanted to S rank it and get Suttungr's Mystery.
But when I did so... something weird happened.

Spoiler

At the end of the chapter, Byleth (or rather Sothis possessing Byleth) showed up, yelled that they were going to get their revenge, and I had to kill them.
So far, I've recruited Byleth in every run I've done, so I was really confused, as I'd never seen this event before. I even got a special cutscene of our final battle, then a cutscene of Arval thanking me for helping him fulfill his ambition of killing the Ashen Demon

So, yeah, TL;DR, while the Record Keeper allows you to replay chapters you completed in previous runs of your current path, be warned that it apparently doesn't save your choices from said previous run, and you may end up spoiling yourself on events that would have occurred had you made different choices.

Edited by ZanaLyrander

I decided to test this in Azure Gleam:

in Chapter 12, I recruited Byleth, so I tried it without taking the necessary steps, to see what happens, and sure enough, I the cutscenes I would've gotten had I made those choices initially, but what was odd was, when I went to the records hall to see if it had filled out, the animated death scene was unlocked, but the normal cutscenes weren't. Another odd thing relating to this is that fully animated scenes that are on multiple paths are unlocked in the records hall for all those paths, but that doesn't apply to the normal cutscenes, this is most noticeable with the Byleth/Shez/Arval scenes.

Funny thing is, in Scarlet Blaze,

it count the chapter 14 Battle with and without Byleth as separate battles in the record keeper, but that's because of some more significant changes.