PSA Achievements plus help wanted

So I can't do it myself anymore so I'd like to outsource this to someone else willing to test. I want to believe that it was just an error or mistake but if someone else can confirm it happens for their save file too, then i supposed i stumbled onto someonthing pretty lucrative.

Regarding the achievement for slaying the various giant monsters, there was one giant specific monster i seldomly bumped into during the random battles. Cause i wasn't going to get an S rank i actually restarted quite a few times but it would appear the game was keep tracking of how many times i kept slaying the wild demonic beast and when i got back to my base camp, i had achieved the max/final award for killing it despite me being back at Lv2 of the achievement for slaying 5. 

The achievements for slaying giants has 3 tiers. You unlock it for slaying it once, you get the achievement lv2 for slaying it 5 times, and then you get the achievement lv3 for slaying it 10 times. I could have sworn i was back at lv2 with 4/5 progress completed but when i got back to base came i shot up to 10/10 for the level 3 achievement. So if anyone could test this, i'd appreciate it. If it turns out that it wasn't an error i suppose this means anyone and everyone can get the last level 3 achievement for any giant beast provided they keep retreating. Just kill it and before the battle is done, retreat to the beginning of battle. If it wasn't an error, this'll make it easier to finish up the book regarding those specific achievements if anyone is having a hard time hunting these things. I rarely spawn the wild demonic beast and the giant wolf so this happened to make my night 😅

I was able to replicate this with a Golem, was at 4/5 for the level 2 achievement, and when I first killed it the achievement immediately popped before the mission ended. Then I restarted, killed it again, finished the mission, and was now at 6/10 for the next level. So it looks like those forms of achievement progress are incremented immediately, without the mission needing to resolve. So technically you can always complete the entire achievement path whenever you encounter a single one in any mission if you're patient enough to redo it 10 times, interesting.

16 hours ago, Hargrimm said:

I was able to replicate this with a Golem, was at 4/5 for the level 2 achievement, and when I first killed it the achievement immediately popped before the mission ended. Then I restarted, killed it again, finished the mission, and was now at 6/10 for the next level. So it looks like those forms of achievement progress are incremented immediately, without the mission needing to resolve. So technically you can always complete the entire achievement path whenever you encounter a single one in any mission if you're patient enough to redo it 10 times, interesting.

Thanks a bunch. I also saw it was recording my barrier breaks as well since that number is high. It would appear any achievement that keeps track of kills and such still keeps it documented even if you retreat and not complete the battle. I tested with the use elements to inflict damage achievements and got them. Plus the kill a certain enemy type with a corresponding battalion equipped. So yeah this is great news