Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

1 hour ago, Azz said:

Welp, back to twitter updates with the DLC!

Eliwood's fans found dead at Dragon's Gate

I love Camilla, but Azura got shafted so hard. She is the face of Revelation after all (also fun fact, Camilla's JP title is just Emblem of Conquest, though for some reasons they decided to localized it as Emblem of Revelation)

Other than those, I'm happy that we still have more Engage content to look forward to

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knew Eliwood wasn`t gonna be picked over Hector, but still a little upset. At least his skill seems useful, and his Engage attack looks cool.

Not sure why the Soren Emblem lets you give provoke to an ally.

If they were gonna pick Camilla, at least give her the correct Emblem title rather than stealing Azura`s for no reason. (Apparently the Japanese version gives her the correct one, since Conquest is called the "Dark Knight" version there, so I have no idea what the localizers were thinking)

Still not a fan of characters sharing a Emblem, since it often seems to lead to the secondary character (Robin in this case) being an afterthought. Then again, it seems like the Three Houses lords got equal amounts of spotlight despite sharing an Emblem, so maybe that could be the case here.

In my opinion, Veronica transitioned the best to Engage`s artstyle. 

Words cannot describe how much I hate the Sommie onesie. It reminds me of crappy mascot costumes.

Spoiler

I suspect these two, or at least the one on the right, are children of Sombron from another world. Seeing that the girl on the right can transform gives me some mild hope that Alear could be allowed to do the same. But then I worry it would only be available through a DLC item.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would share this but Mika Pikazo shared a compilation of the character art they drew in the countdown to Engage in celebration of a month since it's release.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice it wasn't that long of a wait. Then again, we already had that due to when we got Wave 2.

I wonder if it means Wave 4 might be for early April... or even late March. Probably the former.

So this is releasing exactly 1 month after Wave 2, so who knows, maybe that'll be the case for Wave 4 too (i.e. April 8th/ 9th depending on timezone). So each Wave would release on the matching month number... funny how that works.

1 hour ago, ciphertul said:

So any news on if it’s coming with any other patches. Like better farming stages or reworks skirmish scaling?

I doubt we'll get anything explicitly as apologetic as that (maybe some weaker skirmishes in the main overworld), but I am curious about any free updates; I'd completely forgotten about those, thanks for the reminder!

1 hour ago, ciphertul said:

So any news on if it’s coming with any other patches. Like better farming stages or reworks skirmish scaling?

I really hope they would give us the ability to wear costumes in battle. It's one of the few things I'm looking forward to

14 minutes ago, Keikyushi said:

I really hope they would give us the ability to wear costumes in battle. It's one of the few things I'm looking forward to

Someone's modded Eirika into a playable character with costumes, so I hope Emblems are on the table too... even if that invalidates some of the Bond Conversations about how they can't change clothes.

Also if Twitter is to be believed "let Alear wear a ponytail whenever" seems to be a highly desired feature as well. M!Alear could get an alternate hairdo too!

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

I doubt we'll get anything explicitly as apologetic as that (maybe some weaker skirmishes in the main overworld), but I am curious about any free updates; I'd completely forgotten about those, thanks for the reminder!

I just find it a bit saddening, it seemed like a lot of people were complaining about the farming dlc on the 3DS games. Now we really could use them but we don’t get them anymore.

10 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I just find it a bit saddening, it seemed like a lot of people were complaining about the farming dlc on the 3DS games. Now we really could use them but we don’t get them anymore.

Yeah...

The weird thing is that the Divine Paralogue maps do spawn lower levelled skirmishes, but those are random so it's not like you can plan around them either. Of course paying for the feature is a bad sign, but it's even worse when even that doesn't help xD

For now though: Wave 3 in less than a week, how exciting! Considering how each of the new Emblems has come with tiny teases of Wave 4's story, maybe we'll get a bigger hint now that we've almost arrived at it? Maybe even a cutscene with all of the new Emblems together? I'm also curious if we'll see any more DLC Classes in the new Paralogues. The two Enchanters in Soren's map seemed to have been specifically included the way they were to show off their support capabilities (they're reinforcements that spawn at the far end of the map) so I'm assuming we'll get the same here too. Heck, if one of them's an offensive class we could see them on the front-lines this time too!

Ambush is a pretty strong skill

Wonder how the Engage Levin Sword will differ from the weapon in the base game. Free chain attack from Robin seems like it could be helpful.

Engage attack looks cool, though hearing "Giga Thunder!" was strange as someone who plays Awakening in English.

I skimmed through the coverage because I want to try and be surprised by an Emblem for a change (not a good approach, I know) but by the looks of it, Robin's taking a middle path in terms of representation compared to Ephraim and the 3H trio: he's in cutscenes but only plays a Support role in combat itself? That's a clever approach actually, but the fact that he talks still makes me feel bad for Ephraim and his fans. (I'm really happy for Robin's fans though, obviously. This really has been the year of tacticians.)

1 hour ago, Metal Flash said:

Engage attack looks cool, though hearing "Giga Thunder!" was strange as someone who plays Awakening in English.

What's the English equivalent, or does one not exist?

The sync skill being called 'Other Half'. Chrobin fans are winning this month. First Legendary Robin and now this hehe

18 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

Arcthunder 

Thanks!

Also, I'm surprised no one's posted this already, so here's Veronica! (And now I go back into hiding.)

It doesn't look like we're getting any free updates in this patch, unless they're being revealed on the day of the update. 😐

Edited by DefyingFates

@DefyingFates, in fairness the last DLC was shown off on the day it was released essentially so I wouldn't be surprised if they show off stuff solely from an update when the DLC drops. But also, this DLC literally only says we're getting Emblems so am not sure, but I would be surprised if we don't get an adjoining update.

As for Veronica herself, she's certainly very interesting.

We get Vengeance essentially. This will be interesting and we'll see how well it works with Wrath/Vantage builds.

Really cool we actually get an offensive staff that does damage. And negates counters, certainly quite cool.

Her contract skill seems underwhelming. Yeah you get to act again, but you can't move? I wonder if Canter would allow you to move after you act tho. I do think it's weird this is what they decided to have for her Engage Skill too. I suppose if you're in a crowd of enemies it would be useful.

As for her Engage Attack, we get EXP stealing emblems yay! I do find it interesting it lets you choose which colour you want, we officially have red hell since there are so many swordies lol. I do wonder if it will allow you to summon emblems with a variety of weapons as different colours, like you can summon Leif in red, blue or green. Overall, I don't think it will be super useful since again, it steals exp. I do wonder how long you'll have the emblems tho.

Was gonna post it earlier, but noticed it would be a double post.

Veronica giving a offensive staff is pretty neat. Her Vengance-esque skill will probably be useful for units with a lot of HP. Not sure how good Contract will be if the target can only attack a second time.

I wonder how the Heroes are gonna work, will they be like the doubles Lyn users summon and disappear once the Engage wears off? Or will they stay on the map for the rest of the battle?

• 3 weeks later...