Your favorite Pokemon Stadium (1 or 2) minigame?

henrymidfields

So now we know Pokemon Stadium 1+2 is going to be ported onto the Switch, now is a good time to talk about the cheesy minigames! Ironically, while I've played the GB(C) main games, I've never had a chance to play the N64 Stadium games. But I was interested enough to check out the minigames on Youtube. And oh my gosh, so much cheese available!

I can't really say how the minigames are like because I've never played them, but I couldn't help myself giggle seeing Sushi Go Round and the Lickitungs' hilarious voices and flailing around with the hammy Japanese Itacho calls. Nor I could restrain myself from Clefairy's dance class with the hilariously outdated female teacher glass from the headmistress Clefairy and the constant "Fairy! Faairy!! Faaairy!!!" calls.

So do you have memories of playing the Pokemon Stadium minigames? What was your favorite?

As someone who owns both Stadium games on N64, i couldn't pick a favorite as they all kinda have their own charms imo. 

But i recall playing the one based around Hitmontop the least, so at least i can pick a least favorite? XD

I always liked the digging minigame with Sandshrew. The Furret minigame with the pokeballs was also pretty fun. I liked the log-cutting minigame, but always preferred to use Pinsir for it over Scyther as it was easier to time the cuts with Pinsir.

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Chansey egg drop, easy. Me and family used to love that as young children.

Thanks for reminding me of that one. Couldn't help cracking up with Voltorb's electocution either. Can't believe how some of the stuff were so cheesy back in Gen 1-2!

I was a serious threat at the Metapod game because i was the only kid with a sense of timing and rhythm. Up against an equally good player though? It's probably really boring. One match would take several minutes lol. The Ekans one is really good too, but it often came down to whoever had the least beat up control stick. And oof, on Switch? I would argue that issue will be even more pronounced. I don't like that most Stadium 1 minigames are based on mashing, but I think my favorite today might just be the Ratatta one.

The only stadium 2 minigame I remember clearly was the chansey one. We only rented Stadium 2 every now and then when there were no copies of Mario Party to rent.

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

On 10/11/2022 at 4:33 AM, Zapp Branniglenn said:

I was a serious threat at the Metapod game because i was the only kid with a sense of timing and rhythm. Up against an equally good player though? It's probably really boring. One match would take several minutes lol.

You might want to have a look at this TAS run then, it goes for nearly six and half minutes lol. (From 7:10 to 13:40)