My concept for a Final Fight character

Perkilator

So far, the only representation Final Fight has in Smash Bros. is Cody's Spirit, which is lumped in with the Street Fighter cast. When it comes to who to pick to represent the series, most people would naturally suggest Mike Haggar, but my idea was a little different.

Character + Moveset

Spoiler

Rolento
Takes No Prisoners!

Intro: Rolento falls to the ground and reports for duty.

Stance/Idle 1: His stance from the games.

Idle 2: Rolento taps his rod in his hand a couple times.

Idle 3: Rolento spins his rod.

Notable Palette Swaps:

1. Default
  2. 2 Punches (red)
  3. Auto Punch (dark yellow)
  4. Kick (black)
  5. 2 Kicks (green)
  6. Auto Kick (blue)
  7. 3 Punches (pink)
  8. 3 Kicks (white)

Walk: His walk from the games.

Dash: His run from the games.

Damage: His damage animation from the games.

Jump: His jump from the games.

Crouch: His crouch from the games.

Normal Attacks

Jab: Patriot Circle; Rolento spins his rod three times (4% each time, OK knockback)

Forward+A: Rolento pokes the opponent with his rod (6%, small knockback)

Down+A: Trick Rod; Rolento jabs his rod into the ground (5%, small knockback). Rolento can briefly avoid a ground-based attack if he stays on his rod for a bit, and he can also jump from it.

Up+A: Rolento jabs his rod upwards (7%, OK knockback)

Aerial Attacks

Air+A: Rolento spins his rod three times (9%, OK knockback)

Air Forward+A: Rolento swings his rod downwards (10%, OK knockback)

Air Back + A: Rolento does a downward kick behind himself (8%, OK knockback)

Air Up+A: Rolento jabs his rod upwards (7%, OK knockback)

Air Down+A: Spike Rod; Rolento jabs his rod into the ground as he falls (8% with a meteor effect, small knockback)

Dash Attack: Rolento performs a sliding kick (7%, OK knockback)

Edge Attack: Rolento swings his rod downward, hitting the opponent twice (12%, OK knockback)

Get-Up Attack: Rolento blows himself up with a grenade (8%, OK knockback; 4% recoil)

Smash Attacks

Forward+A: A Red Beret’s Focus; Rolento swings his rod forward with great force while multiple small explosions happen in front of him (20%, medium knockback)

Up+A: Patriot Circle EX; Rolento spins his rod above himself (17%, OK knockback)

Down+A: Mekong Delta Air Raid; Rolento rolls forward to attack the opponent (18%, OK knockback)

Grab Game

Grab: Rolento grabs the opponent with his open hand.

Pummel: Rolento hits the opponent’s head with his rod (2%)

Forwards+Throw: Colonel Carrier; Rolento jumps over the opponent’s head and throws them using his rod (11%, OK knockback)

Down+Throw: Steel Rain; Rolento pushes the opponent to the ground (3%, small knockback) before knives rain down onto them (9%, OK knockback)

Back+Throw: Deadly Package; Rolento jumps behind his opponent and blows them up with a grenade (13%, OK knockback)

Up+Throw: Patriot Sweeper; Rolento spins his rod before blowing up the opponent with a grenade (14%, OK knockback)

Special Moves

B : Grenade Toss; Rolento tosses a grenade that changes trajectory based on where you tilt the control stick (12%, OK knockback; 6% recoil)

B + Forwards : Minesweeper; Rolento rolls around and drops four grenades (6% each, OK knockback; 3% recoil each). The grenades are thrown in the direction opposite to where Rolento is rolling, and you can roll forwards and backwards.

B + Up : Stinger; Rolento jumps up and throws three knives (9% each, small knockback; 5% recoil). If a knife gets stuck in the ground, it can be used as a throwing item.

B + Down : Mekong Delta Attack; Rolento jumps backwards and rolls into the opponent (14%, OK knockback; 6% recoil). You can switch to B + Up at the right moment and use it to recover by switching to Stinger.

Final Smash: Take No Prisoner; Rolento drops several grenades around himself (15%; 15% recoil). Any one fighter caught in the blast are then taken into a cutscene where Rolento grabs their back with a hook and pulls it down to severely injure them (45%, devastating knockback).

Gimmick: Similar to Final Fight, Rolento’s special moves deal small amounts of recoil damage. Rolento can also do a Trick Landing by pressing down on the control stick right as he lands.

Taunts

1: “I’ll show ya how a soldier wins a fight!” Rolento’s taunt from USF4.

2: “Ready!” Rolento salutes the opponent.

1+2: Rolento drops a grenade that bounces him into the air (3% recoil)

Winposes

1: “Mission complete!” Rolento turns around and snaps his fingers as explosions happen around him.

2: Rolento twirls his rod around and salutes the opponent.

3: Rolento's win pose from USF4.

Applause: Rolento respectfully claps for the opponent.

Icon: The ”Fi” in the Final Fight logo.

Boxing Ring Title: Perfect Soldier

Star K.O.: "My utopiaaaa...!"

Victory Music: https://youtu.be/3zn7hZMzX2M

Kirby Hat: Rolento’s beret and scar

Stage

Spoiler

Industrial Area

This stage takes place in the area where Rolento is fought. Fighters are traveling up and down an elevator as Rolento's lackeys, El Gado and Holly Wood, throw either melee weapons or Molotovs on the stage while climbing a ladder. There are two fences on either side that break when fighters bump into them enough, but unlike other stages with this feature, there are two floating platforms behind the fences that will fall when a fighter stands on them for too long.

When hazards are turned off, the fences and mooks disappear but the floating platforms act the same.

Music

Spirits

Spoiler
  1. Cody (Color 2 Terry, ★)
  2. Guy (Color 4 Greninja, ★★)
  3. Haggar (Color 2 Incineroar, ★★★)
  4. Hugo (Color 6 Bowser, ★★★)
  5. Sodom (Color 2 Ike, ★★)
  6. Edi E. (Color 7 King Dedede, ★★)
  7. Abigail (Color 7 Wario, ★★★)
  8. El Gado & Holly Wood (Colors 2 and 3 Rolento, ★)
  9. Belger (Morton, ★★★★)
  10. Maki (Color 2 Rolento, ★★★)

Classic Mode: Metro City Madness

Spoiler

This Classic Mode takes place in stages referencing the characters in Final Fight. Each round is a stamina battle where Rolento has 300HP.

Round 1: Terry, Greninja and Incineroar (100HP each) on New Donk City Hall (Final Fight Medley)

Round 2: Bowser and Bayonetta (150HP each) on Spirit Train (Metro City Subway)

Round 3: Giant Meta Knight (200HP) on Boxing Ring (Andore Cage Fight)

Bonus Game

Round 4: King Dedede (250HP) on Battlefield Fourside (Metro City Slums)

Round 5: Giant Wario (275HP) on Great Bay (Abigail Battle)

Round 6: Rolento (300HP) on Industrial Area (Rolento Battle)

Final Round: Master Hand and Crazy Hand on New Donk City Hall Ω (Straight to the Top)

Credits: Bay Area

Edited by Perkilator

I'm curious, why did you choose Rolento? For me, he's one of the least memorable characters in the game. I'm not exactly a Final Fight super-fan, but I did play a ton of it in the arcades back in the day, and I still remember a lot of the characters. Not just the three playable characters, but the bosses and the generic enemies as well. But Rolento? I've no memory of him at all. Not even after I looked him up online. But there must be something about him that I'm missing, or you wouldn't have picked him.

6 hours ago, lenticular said:

I'm curious, why did you choose Rolento? For me, he's one of the least memorable characters in the game. I'm not exactly a Final Fight super-fan, but I did play a ton of it in the arcades back in the day, and I still remember a lot of the characters. Not just the three playable characters, but the bosses and the generic enemies as well. But Rolento? I've no memory of him at all. Not even after I looked him up online. But there must be something about him that I'm missing, or you wouldn't have picked him.

I picked Rolento because I felt his agility and attacks were a good fit for Smash.