Fire Emblem Heroes Influence?

ZephielWasRight

I have largely left Fire Emblem Heroes untouched, and have been curious- how influenced by FEH does Engage seem to be at this point?

I have seen a lot of references to FEH in discussion of this game, but can't say anything stands out to me as really being that different from the mainline games- at this point at least. 

I really know very little about FEH beyond seeing some of the alternate artwork here and there, so if it is blatantly obvious you will have to spell it out. 

Other than aesthetics (wow that Marth summoning in the trailer feels like it's weirdly missing 5 gold stars appearing onscreen), they have SP as a resource, which is FEH-specific. In that game, you accrue it from kills, then spend it learning your skills and weapons (weapons are "skills". just go with it). Once a skill is learned, you can swap it out at any time, but every skill is labeled A, B, or C, so you have to build a sensible loadout knowing that you can't equip skills to just any slot. Don't think they've spelled out what SP does in Engage nor do I think they have the ABC skill system, but my money's on SP being a core aspect of progression. Instead of reaching level X in a class, or attaining class mastery, you'll have access to many skills and need to grind out enough SP just to try them on.

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn